We all know that drinking water is essential for our health and there are so many reasons why we should drink already 8 glasses of water every day. But not many people know the benefits of drinking hot water and some people might think that drinking hot water and regular water is no different. But the thing is there is a lot of difference in drinking hot water and got water does wonder to our bodies.
In these articles, we are going to state some of the best benefits of drinking hot water, and hey you should start drinking hot water!
- 1 Benefits of drinking hot water
- 1.1 1. Weight loss
- 1.2 2. Keeps you hydrated
- 1.3 3. Helps with nasal and throat congestion
- 1.4 4. Relief constipation
- 1.5 5. Improves Circulation
- 1.6 6. Detox your body
- 1.7 7. Improves the central nervous system
- 1.8 8. Warm water also helps with achalasia
- 1.9 9. Warm water can also decrease stress levels
- 1.10 10. Helps with Menstrual Cramps
- 1.11 11. Prevents premature aging
- 1.12 12. Good for hair
Benefits of drinking hot water
1. Weight lossOne of the most popular benefits of drinking hot water is weight loss. This is because drinking hot water will help to maintain your metabolism as well as control the temperature of your inner body. Drinking hot water will bring down the internal temperature of your body and activates metabolism which helps to shed a few kilos if you regularly take the hot water on an empty stomach.Health experts suggest taking a glass of warm water with a lemon in the morning is great for your metabolism and helps you lose some weight.
2. Keeps you hydratedWe know the main benefit of drinking water is to keep you hydrated so what’s difference does that make if the water is hot or cold? Well, there is no much difference in hot or cold water when it comes to keeping you hydrated but some experts believe that drinking warm water or even at room temperature has a better effect on the human body than drinking cold water.Young does not need to drink warm water all day but at least take the warm water in the morning for better health.
3. Helps with nasal and throat congestionDrinking hot water is a natural remedy for cold, nasal congestion, and sore throat. When you drink hot water will warm the area of your throat where the mucus lining is present and soothes a sore throat caused by mucus buildup.Apart from this just inhaling the vapor of hot water can help you with nasal congestion at well as throat congestion and it will loosen up the sinuses, which may relieve a sinus headache.
4. Relief constipationStudies have shown that drinking hot water can significantly help to relieve constipation. The main reason for constipation is dehydration and drinking more water can help you with constipation. And if you drink hot water, or will help your intestine to contract and the food waste would easily pass out through your intestine. So drinking hot water may help to keep your bowel movements regular.
5. Improves CirculationYes, got water can improve circulation by making your blood flow convenient. See the thing is our blood flow affects so many things in our body such as blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, etc.Drinking warm water helps your circulatory organs (veins and arteries) become more effective by expanding the arteries and veins so the blood would be carried more effectively throughout the body which reduces the risk of heart-related diseases.
6. Detox your bodyOne of the best benefits of drinking hot water is that it detoxifies your body. When we drink warm water our internal body temperature also rises which results in sweating and with all these sweating the toxins from our body release which purifies our skin. Here too, you can use lemon with the warm water to detoxify your skin more effectively.
7. Improves the central nervous systemYes, the warm water can also help our brain as well. It’s clear that not drinking enough water has very negative effects on your body as well as the mind, so in order to stay mentally healthy, you should be drinking more and more water. Hot water is anyway better than drinking cold water so you should definitely try out switching to warm water.
8. Warm water also helps with achalasiaAchalasia is a condition where people are unable to swallow food and they feel like the food is stuck in their esophagus. Although the reason behind how warm water is effective is still unknown to scientists studies have shown that drinking warm water would definitely help.
9. Warm water can also decrease stress levelsWhen we drink warm water we feel less anxious as our central nervous systems work better. So it’s also a mood lifter and you will feel less stressed as well. Overall drinking warm water will bring you calmness and positive emotions as well.
10. Helps with Menstrual CrampsIt’s a widely known fact that you should not consume cold water as it can worsen the menstrual cramps. Even though we know that consuming water at room temperature also helps but if you want to reduce your cramps then you should definitely consume warm water in your periods. The warm water will help to soothe the spasms as well as abdominal muscles.
11. Prevents premature agingAs we know that consuming warm water helps to detoxify our skin by removing the toxins, this will also prevent the premature aging of the skin. The hot water helps to repair the skin cells which are responsible for the skin elasticity of your skin as well as the free radicals. Overall it will benefit your skin and give you a glowing effect.The same logic is also applied to prevent the acne of pimples as the warm water cleans our skin resulting in acne-free skin.
12. Good for hairYes, drinking warm water also helps to promote healthy hair as well. Drinking hot water has a lot of positive effects on your hair, for example, hot water will bring shine to your hair by facilitating the roots and activating them as well. Warm water can also help you with your hair growth and lastly, it can also help you to get rid of dandruff as well.(These are not proven theories but some health experts and scientists believe this!).
So these are the benefits of drinking hot water, surprised? Almost all the health experts agree to the aforementioned benefits and they also encourage us to drink hot water. You are getting all the benefits from the healthy digestion to weight loss! So we hope that’s what you wanted to know about and now you can decide if these benefits are worth drinking hot water and change your daily water intake habits.
Thank you for being with us, we hope our article was helpful for you!