We often call a person “good”, ” nice”, or “bad” based on his/her qualities. The thing is our qualities are what make us a good or a bad person and that’s people seem to compliment the good qualities. We also teach our children to be good and possess some good qualities so that they can also be called a good person to be the better version of themselves.
But what are these “good qualities” of a person that makes them good? And how do we know that certain qualities are good and certain qualities are bad? Well, the general idea for the good qualities is to know all of but there are a few qualities that can make us better than everyone else in the room.
So I’m this article we are going to discuss a few good qualities of a person that we all should possess in order to be a better person in life. So let’s get started and find out which are the good qualities of a person.
- 1 Good qualities of a person
- 1.1 1. A person should be honest
- 1.2 2. Showing gratitude
- 1.3 3. Showing Empathy
- 1.4 4. Complimenting others
- 1.5 5. Be Loyal
- 1.6 6. Show kindness
- 1.7 7. Be who you are
- 1.8 8. Be generous and give back
- 1.9 9. Spread positivity around yourself
- 1.10 10. Motivate others
- 1.11 11. Make the best out of worst
- 1.12 12. Work hard
- 1.13 13. Learn from your mistakes and move on with your life
- 1.14 14. Forgive more
Good qualities of a person
1. A person should be honestWe have grown up listening go the phrase, Honest is the Best Policy! But how many of us actually follow this quality in our real life? We often lie to our parents, friends, teachers, or literally anyone. And this is not a good sign of a good person. So if you want to have good quality then you should be always honest with others as well as with yourself.You don’t have to lie or be dishonest to your closed person no matter what is the reason. And that’s why you should try to be more honest.
2. Showing gratitudeWe often complain about the things that we don’t have in life or if something is wrong, but how many times we stop for a second and be thankful for the things and people we have in our life? I guess less than we should.So we should be more thankful in our life and take a moment to say thank you for everything that we have in our life. We should also be thankful for the people around us and be more generous.
3. Showing EmpathyShowing Empathy is definitely a good quality that we all have. Empathy means putting ourselves in the shoes of others and taking moment to understand things from their perspective rather than making assumptions Ir jumping to conclusions.When you are an empathic person, you will be able to share feelings of others, that means when someone is happy you would be happy for them and when they are sad that you would be able to share their sadness. And this quality is what makes a person good.On the other hand, if someone lacks empathy then they might be hard to interact with or have a relationship with as well as can be called a narcissist.
4. Complimenting othersWhen someone does a nice job and achieves something than a person with good qualities should be able to compliment them. And that’s what makes them a better person as well. Some people can never compliment other people but they will be the first ones to criticize and this should never be your “quality” if you want to be a good person.Whenever a person (your friend or someone you simply know) does something great you should always compliment them. This will make them happy and they will like you more as well.
5. Be LoyalLoyalty has become a luxury in today’s world when it should be a standard quality in everyone. People are being dishonest and disloyal to their partners as well as friends.So it’s more than important that you stay loyal to your friends as well as partners. You shouldn’t be the one who can be disloyal at the slightest of inconvenience or when the things are not very good. People often blame the situations for being disloyal which is not justifies. A person is either loyal or not, their loyalty can’t be dependent on the external circumstances.So if you wanna be a better person then you should always be loyal no matter what.
6. Show kindnessNobody likes a rude person or can’t be around them. On the other hand, people are attracted to kindness. Here being kind doesn’t mean you should be kind to the people who are close to you only, but this means you are kind to everyone regardless of their status, job, etc.You should be able to speak nicely to people who work below you as well as the helpers, drivers, cleaning staff, delivery person, etc. Saying thank you or please to the people who work for you are below you won’t harm your status so remember to be kind to everyone.
7. Be who you areWe know no one can be perfect and everyone have their flaws, but no matter what you should never pretend to be someone you are not no matter what. Even if you are a stranger to someone, they can tell if someone is being fake or pretending and this kind of quality can never be considered as good.Never change your views or opinion about something just because they differ from anyone else, don’t wear branded clothes just because you want to impress your peers. Never be the one that follows the trends when it comes to bad habits (drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc).So no matter who you are, you should never pretend to be someone else that would be disrespecting your own self and no can like a fake person anyone. The more honest you are about yourself and show your real side to the world the more you will be appreciated.
8. Be generous and give backBeing generous is definitely a good quality of a person. So no matter where you are and what your status is, you should always be generous. Being generous means that you are always ready to be helpful to others and give back to the community.That doesn’t mean you have to make hefty donations and spend everything you earn on others. But it means you are able to give back when you see fit. If you can’t make donations or help people with money then you can try to help them in small ways, such as volunteering to the help shelters, donating your old clothes, or things that you don’t use anymore.
9. Spread positivity around yourselfThings are definitely not going better and there is so much negativity in the world. So the least you can do to be a better person is t9 spread some positivity around yourself. You don’t have to trash someone else just to look cool or spread the negative thoughts or make someone feel bad.Be positive and spread the positive vibes around you so that people actually like to be around you. It doesn’t matter if something is wrong with you, you shouldn’t be blaming other people or being negative all the time around others.
10. Motivate othersIf your friends have goals and they are working hard to achieve them, then you should also play your part and motivate them to do better. You should always be the person who motivates others and say that they can do it no matter what. Never be the reason, someone quit something that they enjoy doing.You should remember that your words can make a big impact so you should always be aware of what you are saying.
11. Make the best out of worstWhen life throws lemons at you, you should be able to make lemonade! And this is the motto you should live by.You should always be able to make something good out of bad and be able to be positive when things go to the south. Don’t worry about the things that you can’t control and always help yourself to find solutions to the problems you are facing in your life instead of just complaining about it.
12. Work hardWorking hard is to quality of a good person and the one you should possess. If you want to be a better person then you should be able to do better for yourself as well and you can only do that when you work hard.Find your passion in life and dedicate your life to it. You should live by your terms without having to compromise your dreams. Being a good person also means that you take care of yourself too.
13. Learn from your mistakes and move on with your lifeBeing able to learn lessons from the mistakes you made is a sign of a better person so you should always be able to learn from your mistakes. Don’t be disappointed when you make a mistake and hold on to it for long. Just get up and move on with your life because being stuck in a place will never go good for you or the people around you.Doesn’t matter you have trusted the wrong person, put your money in a wrong investment, or hurt someone unintentionally, life will always give you a chance to be a better person and correct your mistakes (only if you learn your lesson).
14. Forgive moreForgiveness is the ability that isn’t found in everyone and perhaps forgiving someone who has hurt you in the past is one of the most difficult things to do. Even if it’s hard, you should be able to forgive more without holding a grudge. This will help you to move on with your life and to look forward as well.You should also be able to forgive yourself as well because, in the end, you are to a human, and you are allowed to make mistakes. So be kind to yourself as well.
So these are some of the good qualities of a person that we all should have in ourselves. See they might seem small and obvious but still we often forget these qualities. So the article is kind of a reminder for all of us that we should possess these good qualities in order to be a good person.
We hope you liked our article and found it helpful, so keep coming to our page for more such articles in the future as well.