No one enjoys a cold meal and especially frozen food or the canned food, no matter where we are, we always need a hot meal. This is why people prefer to make their meal rather than go with the canned meal or frozen food. Whether you are going camping, explore the wildlife or the countryside, or simply living in a cabin, your focus would be getting some hot and fresh meals for yourself. But how will you do that? That’s right you gotta have the right ingredients and the right equipment for that.
The portable gas stove is one of that equipment and without it, it would be nearly impossible to make food. A portable gas stove can be used in your home or for regular use given its many benefits.
Benefits of Portable Gas Stove:
Easy to Use: People would prefer the portable gas stove over anything else when they are going camping or just cooking food outdoors, and one of the reasons for that is because it’s super easy to use. By using a portable gas stove, you can adjust the flame, the flames would be evenly distributed and you can place it anywhere and cook.
Affordable: People do like the fact that portable gas stoves are a more affordable option than any other options.
Compatible to Both Indoor and Outdoor Use: Well one of the perks of any portable object is that we can use them anywhere we want and the same applies to the portable gas stoves as well. All you need is proper ventilation and you would be good to go and cook anything you desire. No electricity is needed so it would be a pleasure to cook outside or while camping.
So these are a few benefits of a portable gas stove that you can keep in mind and these are also the reason why people would prefer buying a portable gas stove other anything else when they needed to cook outside.
Now it’s clear that you wanted to buy a portable gas stove but which one would you buy? There are hundreds of decent portable gas stoves are available in the market which kinda makes it harder to choose one from them. That’s why we have decided to help you out and save you from the trouble of going through thousands of portable gas stoves and puck the right one.
Here we have made a list of the 15 best portable gas stoves for you. To help you further, we have also included a buying guide for a portable gas stove, so that you can pick the perfect one for yourself. Go ahead and take a look at the list and then pick one for yourself.
- 1 Best Portable Gas Stoves
- 1.1 1. Camp Chef Everest
- 1.2 2. Coleman Classic Propane
- 1.3 3. MSR WindBurner Stove Combo System
- 1.4 4. Gas One Portable Propane
- 1.5 5. GSI Outdoors Selkirk 540
- 1.6 6. Eureka SPRK+ Butane Camp Stove
- 1.7 7. Jetboil Genesis Basecamp System
- 1.8 8. Stansport Outfitter Series 3-Burner
- 1.9 9. Camp Chef Explorer 2- Burner
- 1.10 10. Eureka Ignite Plus
- 1.11 11. Camp Chef Tahoe
- 1.12 12. Coleman Triton Series
- 1.13 13. GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Pro
- 1.14 14. BioLite CampStove 2
- 1.15 15. Gas One GS- 3400P
- 1.16 Buying Guide for Portable Gas Stoves:
- 1.17 Conclusion
Best Portable Gas Stoves
We couldn’t have found any better portable gas stove than Camp Chef Everest to start our list with. This one is a popular brand and it is undoubtedly one of the best portable gas stoves to find. What people like about this portable gas stove is that it offers convenience, high cooking power, and reliability which makes it everyone’s first choice.The burners come with two burners with 20,000 BTUs each. Here you would also appreciate its simmer control feature. The portable gas stove also has some additional features such as the windshield which would be a barrier between the gas stove and the wind. The convenient handle and 12 pounds make it a perfectly portable gas stove. This one comes at a reasonable price as well so you can expect value for your money.Key Features
- Tabletop portable gas stone
- Fuel type- propane
- Comes with a windshield and an easy carry around the construction
- Two burners with 20,000 BTUs
Coleman Classic Propane is one of the best portable gas stoves to find. If you don’t want to empty your pockets over a portable gas stove and just want something that features a decent quality at a reasonable price then this one should be your best choice.This one too is a tabletop stove that features two burners and 10,000 BTUs of power. Although users would have less control over the flame. This one too features a windshield and you can easily make sure that you won’t any problem cooking on a windy day. Users can do plenty of tasks on this portable gas stove. Overall this one is a leading choice for campers who want a portable gas stove that can do the job efficiently and comes at a cheap rate.Key Features
- Comes with two burners at 10,000 BTUs
- Cheap and features excellent performance
If you are looking for a one burner portable gas stove then MSR can be your choice too. This one features a 7,000 BTUs unite burner which would be enough to make a simple hot meal.The portable gas stove is good enough for backpacking and camping. It also features a 2.5 little pot and 8-inch skillet for groups. Users can easily connect the accessories with the portable gas stove. Overall it provides consistent heat and efficient cooking on a windy day. This one can be a decent option for camping and backpacking.Key Features
- One burner at 7,000 BTUs
- Portable and ideal for backpacking and camping
- Works fine on a windy day
Gas One is also one of the best portable gas stove for campers and people who are looking for a decent portable gas stove to carry with them while they are traveling. The construction of this portable gas stove is solid and it features four legs so you can place it on any hard surface and make food. The gas stone would require a fuel canister which would be portable too. The flames can be controlled at a level.Key Features
- One burner portable stove
- Easy to carry around and can be placed on any hard surface
The next pick of ours for the best portable gas stoves list would be GSI Outdoors Selkirk 540. This one is too very popular among the campers and travelers, so you can rely on it.This one too features two burners at 10,000 BTUs so it would be capable of making decent food. The whole unite weighs around 10 pounds so it would be pretty easy to travel with the gas stove. This one features an automatic ignition too and you will find a push button as well. The flames can be controlled with the microvalves. The gas unit also features enough space to accommodate two large pots so if you would be cooking for a larger group of people then you should certainly go for this one.The handle makes it very easy to carry it and its built-in features to are very impressive. Here the whole unit is powder-coated so it makes it stronger. The windscreen is also available so it would be easier to cook in wind or outdoors. Overall it’s a decent one that can be a leading choice for you.Key Features
- Features two burners at 10,000 BTUs
- Features automatic ignition, flame control, and a windscreen
- Powder-coated surface means damage resistance
Eureka SPRK+ Butane Camp stove is also an amazing portable gas stove to buy. As its name suggests this is a Butane gas stove so you need to consider that. The reason why campers should go with this gas stove is that this one is the lightest portable gas stove and it only weighs 3 pounds. Even though it weighs less, you can rely on it given how powerful it is.It features one burner at 11,500 BTUs which can get the job done. It features adjustable feet which makes sure you cook food comfortably anywhere. Intelligent design makes it even more desirable and useful. Although being a butane gas stove it has its limitations, as it might make it difficult to cook in cold temperature. Overall if you are looking forward to using the portable gas stove in warmer locations then it should be your top pick.Key Features
- One burner stove with 11,500 BTUs
- Lightweight and compact design make it easier to carry around.
If you can afford an expensive portable gas stove then we would recommend the Jetboil Genesis Basecamp System. Since it is asking for a lot of money, you can surely expect a lot of high-end features and at some level, it meets your expectations as well. This one is not just a stove but a whole cooking system. Here you would get two burners, each features a power output of 10,000 BTUs, apart from this, customers get a pan and pot. The whole system weighs only 10 lbs and it neatly goes together as well so you won’t have to worry about packaging.The performance is pretty effective as well and you can surely rely on them as well. The simmer control is pretty impressive and it also makes sure of less fuel wastage as well. Overall, the burner offers high convenience and it can surely justify the price tag.Key Features
- Features two burners with 10,000 BTUs
- Comes as a whole cooking unit (a pot and pan)
- Simmer control is pretty impressive as well
I am sure the 3-burner has caught your attention so far and it’s completely justified as well. Not many portable gas stoves come with more than two burners as they might not be required. But sometimes you are camping with a larger group or want to make food for several people at once, it surely needs more than 2 burners.Out of 3, the two burners feature 25,000 BTUs and one features 10,000 BTUs so it is quite alright. It also features good flame control so it makes it easier to cook a variety of food. This one, too, features a windscreen and it weighs around 15 pounds, so it would be easy to carry around. Even with all these amazing and high-end features, the gas stove comes at a reasonable price.Overall if you are passionate about cooking or wants to cook for a larger group then this one should be your first choice.Key Features
- Features 3 burners, 2 at 25,000 BTUs and one at 10,000 BTUs
- Easy to carry around with 15 pounds of weight
- Features windscreen and excellent simmer control
The next best portable gas stove is Camp Chef Explorer 2-Burner which is again an excellent choice for camping or cooking outdoors. Camp Chef is anyway a leading brand for gas stoves and this why they are some of the most trustable and reliable gas stoves.This one features two burners at 30,000 BTUs and this is what makes it an amazing pick. It powerful and make sure you can cook anything you want. Although this one is quite bulky as its overall weighs 36 lbs. It features four freestanding legs that can be adjustable and would stand on any hard surface. The portable gas stove is compatible with a lot of accessories and cooking equipment such as a pizza oven, barbecue box, grills, etc. The higher power output means you can use it at home in emergency cases.With all these amazing features, you might think that it would be pretty expensive and that’s where you are wrong. The whole unite comes at a reasonable price and this is what makes it a good choice.Key Features
- Features 2 burners at 30,000 BTUs
- Powerful and a little bulky
- Features adjustable legs to place it on an uneven ground
- Provides value for money
Eureka Ignite Plus has also made it to our list given its decent features and good enough performance. The portable gas stoves feature two burners features 10,000 BTUs which is decent. It features automatic ignition so it would be pretty convenient to use as well. The whole unit weighs 12 lbs so it would be pretty convenient to carry around as well.What would impress you the most about the portable stove is its large space and you should know that is very wide (23 inches) and offers enough space for large pots. Overall it is a decent portable gas stove, although the price may be a little higher than its features.Key Features
- Two burners at 10,000 BTUs each
- It is lightweight and provides a large space for cooking
- The windscreen is present so it would be easy to cook food in a windy environment.
11. Camp Chef TahoeWe have found yet again a powerful portable gas stove that would meet the requirements of a large group of people while camping or outdoors. The free-standing propane portable gas stove features three burners and each burn offers 30,000 BTUs power output which is quite impressive as well.It also featured push-button ignition and make sure that the burner is safe for home and outdoor use. The legs of the portable burner are adjustable so you can place it on uneven ground as well. But all these features come at a price and this price is not cheap. Moreover, a portable gas stove is very heavy with its 46 lbs of weight.Key Features
- Features 3 burners at 30,000 BTUs
- The legs are adjustable and can be used on an uneven surface
- A little expensive and bulky
Coleman Triton Series too is one of the best portable gas stoves that you can buy. Coleman is also a trusted and reputed brand that you can rely upon for cooking in camps or outdoors. This tabletop propane fuel burner features two burners each with 11,000 BTUs of power. The weight of the gas stove unit is 11 lbs so it’s moderately lightweight. The performance is quite good but it lacks auto-ignition. Overall the gas stove makes it easier to cook diverse food so you can rely on it.Key Features
- Two burners at 11,000 BTUs
- Lightweight and features high-end performance
- Comes at an affordable price
GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Pro is another leading portable gas stove that you can consider buying. Although some find it a little pricey given the moderate features. One of the best things about the portable gas stove is it weighs only 9 lbs so it would be easy to carry around.Even with a lower weight, the portable gas stove features an excellent performance with 2 burners at 11,000 BTUs. It features 3 side windscreen so cooking in a windy climate won’t be a problem. It can be easily packed down and stored in a very compact space.Key Features
- Two burners with 11,000 BTUs
- 3 sided windscreen to protect from wind
- Super-sleek and lightweight with decent performance
If you are looking for a wood-burning fuel type portable stove then we have a perfect pick for and that is BioLite Campstove 2. This one is super light in weight and you can easily carry it with you anywhere. Not only you can cook food but you can also charge a battery with this gas stove (by burning wood or pellets). It doesn’t come with any cooking accessories and it might not be that convenient either given the wood isn’t always available unless you carry it with you. With some limitations of a wood-burning gas stove, you can buy this one if you are looking for a lightweight portable gas stove.
- Features one burner
- It is super light in weight and compact in size
- It can also change a battery
Gas One Dual Fuel is another one of the best options for a portable gas stove. As you can guess by its name, the gas stove is compatible with both butane and propane so it’s already a head-start. The gas stove features auto-ignition so you don’t have to worry about matchsticks.It features one burner at 8,000 BTU outputs so it can get your job done. It also features a safety feature so if there is an irregular flow it would automatically shut down.Key Features
- One burner with 8,000 BTUs
- Has safety features so it won’t lead to accidents or explosions
Buying Guide for Portable Gas Stoves:There are a few things that you need to consider while buying the portable gas stove for yourself and pick the right one for yourself. Take a look at the following features that you need to look for in a portable gas stove.1. ConstructionIt’s important that you look at the construction of the portable gas stove, cause, after all, you would want to buy the one that is durable and solid for outdoor use. You don’t want your portable gas stove to rust or want any scratches on it. So carefully look for rust-free, scratch-free, and corrosion-free. However, most of the stoves come with a secure coating which keeps the stove damage free.
2. Fuel EfficiencyThe gas stove gotta be fuel-efficient because you don’t want a stove that burns too much fuel and you end up with uncooked food.
3. Safety FeaturesYou cant compromise safety when it comes to the portable gas stove. You should opt for a gas unit that comes with an automatic shut off feature to avoid any explosions or accidents.
4. Number of BurnersThe number of burners, too, plays an important role and that is why you should consider them while choosing the best portable gas stove for yourself. If you live by yourself or going somewhere alone then one burner can be enough. On the other hand, if you are going with a group or a couple of people you should go with a higher number of burners.
5. BTUs or Power OutputPower output is measured in British Thermal Units and this one is pretty important to consider as well. You should know that the higher would be the BTU the faster will the stove heat. It is also an indicator of how long the flame would last. So you can choose the BTUs according to your needs. The BTUs can go up to 20,000 and that should be more than enough for any of your needs. You can go for lower BTU if you won’t need that much power output.
6. Fuel TypeThe portable gas stoves come with several fuel type gas stoves. The major ones are butane and propane. This one comes with portable gas canisters which would be available easily and they would be compact enough to carry around. There are a few portable gas stoves that use burning wood as a fuel so you may wanna consider them as well but it would be pretty hard to work with and they would only be suitable while you are camping or if you have access to wood.
7. Simmer ControlSimmer control is another one of the crucial features to look at, you don’t want the flame to go weaker or flame fluctuations while cooking and at the same time, you would want to control it. So buy a portable gas stove that comes with simmer control. You can find the simmer control feature in the high models.
8. Wind ScreenWind Screen can be an important aspect of a portable gas stove as well. If you are planning to cook outside or in a windy climate then you should see if the portable gas stove comes with a windscreen or not. You don’t want to cool food where you have to lit the stove again and again because it is going off because of the wind. Windscreen would not only enhance the performance of the portable gas stove it will also make sure you have a smooth cooking experience.
9. Automatic or Matchless IgnitionIgnition is very important, so you have to make sure which one you want. Major of the gas stoves feature manual ignition where one can you have to use matchstick or lighter to turn it one. This one is not very suitable with a portable gas stove, as you should know there can be a chance to burn your hand with the high flame if you left the knob on for too long.That is why people go for the automatic ignition where you don’t need a lighter or a matchstick. Although the automatic ignition gas stoves can be a little costly.
10. Weight and SizeSince it’s a portable gas stove, which intends to carry around and move from one place to another, so you look for a lightweight compact sized portable gas stove. Do consider the weight and the size of the portable gas stove and make sure it’s not too heavy or too big to carry around.
11. AccessoriesIf you want to cook, grill or bake then you should consider that as well. See if they come with accessories like grills or cooking grates. You can also look if you can find the pizza oven or barbeque box friendly portable gas stoves.So these are some of the features that you need to consider while choosing the best portable gas stove for yourself.
ConclusionHere we come to an article and we have suggested to you some of the best portable gas stoves that you can find. Hopefully, you have found a couple of portable gas stoves that are perfect for you and are capable of serving your needs. Thank you for visiting us and hopefully, you found this article helpful. Keep coming for more such reviewing articles.