If you ask anyone what can you do in Dubai then there would be a long list! One of the most expensive cities in the world, Dubai offers a lot to its tourists and people have a great time here too. Most of the time people think that Dubai is all about expensive stores, malls, and Burj Khalifa! But that’s just a part of Dubai which is known to people. What people don’t know is that there are so many things to do in Dubai that you will feel one trip to Dubai won’t do justice for your holiday or to Dubai itself.
From participating in adventurous sports to exploring the rich culture of Dubai, there are several things that you can do in Dubai. But the thing is you should know what you can do there and what you must do there to have the best time in Dubai and that’s exactly why we are here to help you out with your vacations in Dubai!
In this article, we are listing out some of the best things to do in Dubai which are too good to be missed out on. So let’s not waste anymore of your time and start our list of best things to do in Dubai!
- 1 Amazing Things To Do In Dubai
- 1.1 1. Visit Burj Khalifa
- 1.2 2. Dubai Mall
- 1.3 3. Jumeirah Mosque
- 1.4 4. Gold and Spice Souk
- 1.5 5. Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- 1.6 6. Wild Wadi Waterpark
- 1.7 7. Ski Dubai
- 1.8 8. Bastakiya Quarter
- 1.9 9. Jumeirah Public Beach
- 1.10 10. Legoland Dubai
- 1.11 11. Kite Beach
- 1.12 12. Dubai Frame
- 1.13 13. Lake ride at Dubai Fountain
- 1.14 14. Dubai Museum
- 1.15 15. Dubai Creek
- 1.16 Conclusion –
Amazing Things To Do In Dubai
1. Visit Burj KhalifaWell, it’s should not be a surprise to our readers as Dubai is very well known for this building. One of the tallest buildings in the world, the Burj Khalifa is standing tall at the height of 2,722 feet (160 stories!). It looks like it touching the sky! It’s not only the tallest building in the world but it’s also the tallest free structure of the world. And you should know that it is also home to the highest outdoor observation deck in the world.This means you can just visit the highest floors of the building and see the city from the tallest height. The spectacular view is breathtaking and you might wanna see the sunset, so try to book your tickets in advance as the tickets sell out pretty quickly and you don’t wanna miss out on Burj Khalifa.
2. Dubai MallDubai Mall is the next best thing to do in Dubai. This mall is no less than a heaven for the shoppers and no one would be able to resist themselves from spending a fortune on their favorite luxury brands once they enter the building. With over 1300 stores, Dubai Mall is one of the largest shopping centers in the world.Although don’t assume that the Dubai Mall is all about the luxury brands and stores, it’s also an entertainment center as it houses several entertaining activities to do, from the theater to the ice rink you will find lots of amazing activities to do in the mall. Here you would also find the kid-friendly places where the little ones can enjoy their time and have fun.You would also like the aquarium which holds like a lot of sea creatures that look so fascinating and beautiful. The dancing fountains featured some of the best shows with a mixture of western and Eastern music. The bottom line is, whether you want to shop or not, the place is everything you need to have a great time with many activities (although shopping would be fun too if you have got the money!).
3. Jumeirah MosqueJumeirah Mosque is the only mosque in Dubai which is open to the non-Muslim and this naturally makes it one of the most visit and most popular destination for tourists. The Mosque is crafted entirely from Whitestone. Apart from the all-white facade, the mosque features detailed decor inside the mosque which looks pretty marvelous.Although you have to keep in mind that they follow a strict dress code which means you would have to cover yourself fully and women should cover their heads with a scarf. If you don’t have the appropriate attire then you can easily find one before entering the building. Overall, this one is a beautiful building and you would certainly like to explore it.
4. Gold and Spice SoukIf anything else defines Dubai other than the Burj Khalifa then it’s the gold and the spice trade there. For centuries, Dubai has been actively trading the gold and the spices go the world, and the practice is continued, which means if you like to buy the gold jewelry or spice, you are just at the right place.You should know that almost 20 percent of the world’s gold passes through this market which means you can find anything made out of gold (even the gold ice cream for that matter!). There are over 300 retailers where different type of gold jewelry is displayed. And if you are not in a mood to buy gold then you can also find Platinum, diamonds, or silver here.When it comes to spices, Dubai has many spice souks as well as where you would find the pungent smell of spices from a distance. Just like gold, the spices are too very popular and you can find any spices here with the best quality.The prices of these things are a bit less than what you have to pay in your home country and this is one of the reasons why people like to shop gold or spices from here.
5. Dubai Desert Conservation ReserveIf you want to escape all the glamour or glitz of Dubai then spending some time at the desert conservation reservation is all you are going to need. This is Dubai’s first national park and it covers over 87 miles of the Arabian Desert. The desert is located at the edge of the city. Although it’s more about the research and educational purpose, tourists are allowed to explore the area (not by themselves though!).There are so many adventurous activities to do, you would certainly like the desert boarding or go fine drive on a luxury four-wheeler. You can also go on a camel trek.And if you want to do something peaceful then you should go for Dube Dinner or you can arrange a private dinner as well. You might also like the desert spa and resort facilities. The bottom line is, the Dubai Desert offers a whole lot of unique experience and explorations which would make your journey memorable.
6. Wild Wadi WaterparkThere is no bad time for a waterpark, and Dubai offers one of the best Waterpark for its tourists. The Wild Wadi Waterpark is located at the feet of Burj Al Arab and it features a collection of 30 water rides. The theme of the waterpark is highly inspired by the character of Juna from the Arabian Folklore.The thrill rides or the lazy riverside offers something for everyone, so whether you are in a playful mood or just want to chill at the beach, you would certainly like to spend time here. Although some people might find it a bit pricey.
7. Ski DubaiWe all know the temperature of Dubai can easily hit the triple digits but still, the city will surprise you with Ski Dubai where you will forget that you are in Dubai for a while. The winter wonderland of Dubai features five ski runs, a freestyle snowboard zone, a chairlift, and a place where you can unleash the inner child in yourself with the snowball fights.The penguin colony and the other facilities at Ski Dubai will keep you entertained for half a day. It’s recommended that you brought extra winter accessories and warm wears as it’s insanely cold inside and you might freeze if you are not dressed properly.
8. Bastakiya QuarterIt’s one of the historic centers of Dubai and it’s completely different from the modern-day Dubai with all the skyscraper buildings. This place was a trading center and traders settled here in the early 19th century. It will take you to do the older times and you will see how the city looked like in the past century.Although it’s not completely distinct and you would find some great cafes and eateries, here you can also take a boat to the Creek Dubai Market. Purchasing the Arabic perfumes and the ice creams from the local vendors is a must. It’s located 0.3 miles away from the city center and will only take a couple of hours to fully explore the place.
9. Jumeirah Public BeachThis one is for those who are seeking a place to relax and chill at the shoreline and soak themselves in the bright rays. People also like to take participate in water sports. There is also a children’s playground and picnic areas where you can barbeque and have a quality time with your family and friends.What you like the best here of the cleanliness of the beach and the white sand which looks so soothing. The travelers said that the beaches almost feel like the bathing water and there are several cafes where you can cool down and beat the great food with the beach view.
10. Legoland DubaiIf you are looking for a theme park then you should check out the Legoland of Dubai. There are almost 60 rides and 1500 Lego model entrance. It’s kinda like the Lego theme park in Florida. There are outdoors and the indoor rides and play areas, we would strongly recommend the indoor ones and the outdoors might feel too much with the heat.
11. Kite BeachThe Kite Beach almost feels like it’s Miami as it features a wide stretch of sands, aquamarine water, beach activities and so much more. Just like its name suggests the Kite Beach is about fun activities, water sports, and of course the kites. Here you can play a game of volleyball, try kite surfing, or take a turn at the running track, although make sure the heat is not too much or it can spoil the whole mood.
12. Dubai FrameThe Dubai Frame is the largest picture frame in the World. This was constructed to represent the metaphorical connection between the old and the new city. It’s 500 feet tall and 300 feet wide, so yeah you would look like a mini creature in front of it. You can walk on the glass walkway which is quite an amazing experience. Unlike the other thing in Dubai, this one might be the cheapest thing to do in Dubai.
13. Lake ride at Dubai FountainVisiting the Dubai Fountain is also a must-do thing in Dubai. It’s the largest choreographed fountain in the world and the 22000 gallons of water are released with every jet stream and they go up to 150 feet in the air as well. There are also illuminated by 7000 lights which can be seen from 30 kilometers away.
14. Dubai MuseumDubai Museum occupies the sturdy Al Fahidi Fort which is one of the oldest buildings of the city (built in the 1800s). The museum also narrates the journey of Dubai from being a fishing and pearling village to one of the largest commercial centers of the world. The museum is all about Dubai’s history and the present day modern Dubai.
15. Dubai CreekLast but not the least, the Dubai Creek is all about luxury and dining accommodations. It is also known as the lifeline and pulse of Dubai as you can make your evenings extra special here. From the views to the dancing performances on the Arabic style music, you would get everything here. Here you would also find a Golf Course and Yacht, so there is a lot to do here as well.
Conclusion –So these are the things that you can (and you must) do in Dubai. From a crazy adventure to a relaxing time, you will find everything in this city! So go ahead and plan your trip as you now know what you need to do, visit, or eat in Dubai without figuring out yourself.Thank you for being here and we hope our article was helpful for you.