Getting necessary health treatment and health care is one of our fundamental rights. However, due to the high poverty rate of the country, not all the people can have the money for their treatment even for the basic medical care. That’s why the government needed to take a step to improve the health facilities for the poor people of the country.
Also check- Health is wealth essay / Subhash chandra bose essay
Essay On Ayushman Bharat
During his one of the speeches, PM Narender Modi announced that the Ayushman Bharat also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan or the National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) will be launched on 25 September 2018.Under this scheme, only the poor and economically deprived people will be able to get the benefits that is the free health insurance.
Key Features of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme-
- The Ayushman Bharat Scheme will provide free coverage up to 5 lakh per family per year at any government hospitals as well as private hospitals for the secondary and tertiary health care.
- Under the scheme, any kind of disease will be covered from the first day of policy and here the benefits cover both pre and post medical expenses. Approx 74 crore families come under this scheme and 80 percent of beneficiaries already identified using Socio-Economic Cast Census.
- Over 1.5 lakh sub-centers are already being covered into the wellness center. These centers will identify the severity of diseases and detect severe diseases such as common cancer, cardio diseases etc.
What will be the impact of Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
- The major benefit of the scheme will be for poor people who couldn’t afford the necessary medical care due to the high expenses. This scheme will affect a large portion of the country’s population.
- It’s assumed that the wellness center will play a preventive role and provide necessary treatments and health advisory so that people will know what to do and what not to do also early detection of the disease will save many lives.
- Although there are also many challenges in the implication of the scheme which the government has to consider so that the scheme can deliver the purpose it was meant to give.
Challenges of the scheme are:-
- The biggest challenge for the government will be its high operational cost since the poverty of the country is so high and there are over the half population will come under the scheme.
- Furthermore, finding the eligible people will also be a challenge. Since many are away from the reach of the government as well as unaware of the scheme. And many people who doesn’t deserve the health beneficiary will take advantage of it.
- Lastly, the administrative structure of many government hospitals is poor so there will be a need for better administrative structure.
Conclusion:Although there are a few loopholes can be seen in the scheme, but we still have to appreciate it. Because the schema ensures that no one will be deprived of health care and medical facilities whether poor or rich. And this scheme can be proven as a revolutionary step in our medical infrastructure.