Everyone wants to be fit but not all the people have the time to go to the gym or the luxury to live near a place where they can jog or run a mile. That is where the fitness equipment comes in the picture.
One of the most searched fitness equipment for the past year was the portable Elliptical! Since people have the extra time in their hands they can want to spend that time doing some exercise and sweat it out at the convenience of their home.
What is Elliptical?
Elliptical is a machine that lets you do some effective and hard-core cardiovascular workout. It may be like a treadmill if you have to compare it to anything. They come in various types and sizes that means everyone will find a good match for themselves.
Since the traditional Elliptical machine is a little big and people may not have that large of room in their homes, this is why they switch to compact or portable elliptical machines. They are smaller in size, lightweight and sometimes can be folded to be kept in a smaller place. This is the reason why people are looking for portable elliptical machines more than ever now.
Thankfully we have various options for portable elliptical machines in the makers that you can easily find one for yourself. But the thing is there are too many options and not every portable elliptical machine is ideal for you. That is why you need our help when it comes to choosing the best portable elliptical machine for your home or your office.
In this article, we are sharing some of the best portable ellipticals for you as well as the buying guide where you will know how to choose the best portable elliptical machine for yourself.
So let’s go ahead and take a look at the 11 best portable ellipticals that we have found for you.
- 1 What is Elliptical?
- 2 Best Portable Ellipticals
- 2.1 1. Sole E55
- 2.2 2. SCHWINN Compact Elliptical Machine
- 2.3 3. Horizon Evolve 5
- 2.4 4. Bowflex M6
- 2.5 5. NordicTrack SE9
- 2.6 6. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902
- 2.7 7. ProForm Cardio HIIT
- 2.8 8. Sole E25
- 2.9 9. Bowflex Max M8
- 2.10 10. Stamina InMotion E1000 Compact Stride
- 2.11 11. EFitment Magnetic Elliptical
- 2.12 Buying Guide for Portable Ellipticals
- 2.13 Conclusion
Best Portable Ellipticals
1. Sole E55Our first pick for the best portable elliptical machine is Sole E55. This one is currently every fitness freak’s favorite that doesn’t have a large room for their fitness equipment. It features a weight capacity of 375 pounds. This one features the best performance and efficiency and makes sure you have the best user experience and a great workout session with it.It is also digital and easy to use with its digital control panel, a display screen that you can tilt as per your preferences. Here it can also be connected to a number of fitness apps to track your fitness growth as well. It also features a tablet holder, Bluetooth audio speaker, and a charging port. You will also find a water bottle holder for more convenience. This one can be inclined up to 20 degrees as well.Overall, for the price, it is offering plenty of amazing features and excellent performance. You will get great value for your money and a good workout session with this portable elliptical.Key Features:
- Many extra features including tablet holder, bottle holder, Bluetooth speaker, etc
- App Compatibility
- Good inclined angle
- A digital display and easy to use controls
The next one on our list of best portable elliptical machines is SCHWINN Compact Elliptical Machine. This is highly efficient and one of the best machines to invest in. It is compact yet powerful and it would sit comfortably in your home or other workout areas. Just because it’s smaller in size doesn’t mean it compromises the quality and efficiency.You will get 13 preset workout control to make sure you get the ideal workout session and training. It features both moving and fixed handlebars too. You can also sync your progress with several apps and keep track of your progress as well. It also features Bluetooth compatibility.Overall, the elliptical is easy to assemble and use and it is also strong and durable so you won’t face such issues. It also features a digital screen to read the specifications of the machine’s performance.Key Features:
- Compact yet powerful
- Easy to use and assemble
- Sturdy and durable
- Can be connected to various fitness apps
- Features 13 workout preset to choose from
3. Horizon Evolve 5Horizon Evolve 5 Is ideal for everyone in your family. This one features a heavy flywheel along with a good resistance range. It features very diverse programming options on its large console that gives plenty of workout options as well as a more focused and intensive workout. It can be easily folded up to a very compact size and make sure it fits in your home. The flywheel features a weight of 23 pounds as well. It would function smoothly and quietly giving you the perfect pleasure of a good workout.The weight capacity is 300 LBS and the stride length is 20 inches. It also features a 6.25-inch backlit display. The elliptical machines come with a warranty as well. Overall it is quite useful and one of the best portable ellipticals to bring home.Key Features:
- Excellent features
- High-level performance
- Heavy flywheel
- Comes with a warranty
4. Bowflex M6If you are looking for a portable elliptical that can offer a full-body workout then Bowflex M6 should be your first option. It features a unique design along with a motion of a stair stepper. This makes low-impact workouts more intensive such as toning muscles, building cardio endurance, burning calories, etc.The machine features 16 levels of resistance which is a wide range for athletes and fitness enthusiasts. It is a pretty good option for people who are looking forward to intense training. It also features a display where you can see how many calories you have burned so far. The multi-grip handles make sure you get an agile grip and make sure you are comfortable. The product features its app so you will have a lot to track in a very precise and efficient manner. This one also features 29 available workout videos, so you can get access to new and more challenging workouts as well.Key Features:
- Small footprint
- 300 lbs of weight
- An LCD screen
- Features its own to track your progress
- Stepper and Elliptical hybrid
5. NordicTrack SE9NordicTrack SE9i is another one of the leading portable ellipticals that you should know about. It is very advanced from its previous generation model but at the same time also shares a few features with the latter.It features a 7″ LCD screen which makes it easier to read whatever is displayed on it. You can also browse while having the workout sessions. It also features wireless heart rate monitoring. You will find an 18-inch stride and 18-pound flywheel, which is more than enough. It features an incline up to 10 degrees as well. The elliptical provides a good balance during exercise thanks to its rear-drive design. It can be vertically folded up after your workout and easily stored as well. There are a total of 24 resistance levels featured in this quite impressive machine.Key Features:
- 24 resistance level and 10-degree inclined angle
- Features a heart rate monitoring system
- 18-inch stride and 18-pound flywheel
- 325 lbs capacity
- A good warranty period
If you want a simpler option for a portable elliptical then you may want to check out Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902. This one has no extra features yet it is powerful, sturdy, durable, and lightweight. It won’t take up too much room and provide you a good elliptical machine for your workouts and intensive exercises. This one doesn’t affect your knees or joints so you won’t experience any joint pain after your workout.It is also a full-body workout machine as you can also do upper body workouts. This will help you increase your overall flexibility. It also features a heart rate monitor as well.Key Features:
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Compact and foldable
- Easy to assemble and use
- Made for a full-body workout
ProForm Cardio HIIT is undoubtedly one of the best portable ellipticals to buy. Here you would get the best weight capacity with this one so there won’t be any issues while working out as it provides a very comfortable and convenient workout session.Here you will get a cushioned pedal that feels soft and comfortable. There is a 7-inch screen too, so you can easily see it. There are a total of 24 resistance levels along with 32 programs so it is pretty convenient to work out as per your preferences and requirements. You can easily choose the intensity of your workout with just a touch of the button. Statistics such as time, distance, speed, and calories burned would be shown on the screen.This one can be easily connected to MP3 players, speakers, as well as smartphones. You will also find a water bottle and phone holder in the machine.Key Features:
- It’s durable and features excellent performance
- 24 resistance levels and 32 programs to choose from
- Can be connected to smartphone, speakers and MP3 players
- Overall excellent performance
8. Sole E25Sole E25 is also a leading choice for customers. This one comes from a popular and trustworthy brand so you shouldn’t hesitate to put your money on this one.If you are looking for the best portable elliptical under a budget then you should check out this one. This affordable elliptical cole with a wide range of features such as a tablet holder, Bluetooth speaker, and so on. It offers you a way to do a head-to-toe workout and it features a 20-degree inclined angle as well. You can also move the pedals in both forward and reverse motion.It comes with a 20-pound flywheel which should be ideal for an intensive workout session. It is also very comfortable given its construction. You will find a 6.25-inch screen. You can also install the Sole fitness app to track your health and workout sessions.Key Features:
- 20 resistance levels, 20 incline levels, 10 programs, and 350 lbs capacity
- High-quality construction and features
Bowflex Max M8 is also a good portable elliptical to choose from. You will find 20 levels of resistance with small increments so your workout would go smoothly and you can make it as intensive as you want slowly.it provides good grips and upper body workouts for your body. You will find it one of the steepest elliptical machines. It features dual displays for comprehensive stat tracking. USB charging port, Bluetooth connectivity, water bottle holder are some of the extra features. It features a capacity of 300lbs.Key Features
- 20 resistance level
- Various extra features
- Good for upper body workout too
Stamina InMotion E1000 is an affordable and mini elliptical machine to buy. This one is an under-desk elliptical machine so you can literally use it anywhere as per your convenience and even while working too. It weighs 24 pounds and features a weight capacity of 250 pounds.It features a bidirectional center drive so you can easily pedal forward as well as in reverse direction. It is very easy to work out on as well as to control.Key Features:
- Features a great performance
- Easy to work out on and control
11. EFitment Magnetic EllipticalEFitment Magnetic Elliptical has also made a place for itself in our list of best portable ellipticals. This one features excellent performance as well as great quality features. The machine is lightweight and compact.One of the best parts of this machine is it encourages a good posture while you work out that improves your overall fitness. It features manual control and a battery powered backlit display. You will find a device shelf, leg stabilizer, wheels, etc as extra features.Overall if you are looking for a budget friendly option for a portable elliptical then this one should be your favorite.Key Features:
- Overall great performance
- Excellent features and easy to use
- 220 pounds weight capacity
- Promotes a healthy posture
- Budget friendly
Buying Guide for Portable EllipticalsBuying a portable elliptical is not easy and especially if you don’t know what to look for. That is why you need to guide yourself and look for the best features to end up with an ideal and perfect portable elliptical machine for yourself. So let’s take a look at some of the important features that you need to look for in a portable elliptical.
1. PerformanceThe first thing you need to look at in a portable elliptical is its performance. After all you don’t want an elliptical machine that doesn’t provide you the best and first class level performance.The traditional elliptical machines are high performing and people can expect the best from them, but when it comes to foldable or the portable ellipticals, they offer a wide range of performance levels. That is why you need to be considerate of every factor that contributes to its overall performance.
2. ResistanceOne of the factors that you need to look at in a portable elliptical is its resistance. It should provide enough resistance to ensure a smooth motion. The adequate resistance would make sure you have a long enough exercise session as well as it lowers the risk of injury.
3. Stride LengthOne of the features that you need to look for is the stride length. It is an important feature to consider and it can affect your workouts inane ways. In most of the cases, 18-20 inches stride length is enough. But if you want to, you go for shorter length as well. It can affect your joints as well as impact your overall body so make sure you are choosing the right option.
4. Step up HeightThe step up height is another important feature to consider. Make sure you check out the step up height as it should touch the floor too much, neither it should make you uncomfortably close to the ceiling.
5. InclineYour portable elliptical machine should have an incline setting as it is an important factor for your workout. You should be able to adjust the incline settings to make your workout more challenging. Keep the height of the room in your mind too.
6. ControlsYou don’t want to end up with a portable elliptical which can’t easily be controlled. For that you need an user friendly and intuitive control panel. So the next thing you will be looking in your portable elliptical is the controls.Some of the portable ellipticals come with just a few buttons while others feature the control panel of a rocket. It’s totally up to you which one do you prefer more and which one is more comfortable to use for you.
7. FordabilityIt is important that you look for a portable elliptical that can be easily folded. After all the reason you are buying a portable elliptical is to get the highest level of convenience and a good foldability as well.The foldability means you can easily adjust the machine according to your preferences. They are also easy to store as well.
8. Maximum User WeightYou need to look at the maximum user weight as you will need to make sure that your portable elliptical can handle your weight easily. Generally the portable elliptical is made to withstand the weight up to 300 pounds but you can find a machine with more weight capacity.
9. DurabilityThe quality of your portable elliptical machines matters a lot, after all you don’t want to spend your money over and over again on a portable elliptical machine, right? This is why you need to make sure that the machine you are buying is durable and sturdy.
10. App CompatibilityMost portable elliptical machines are wifi enabled and feature an app to control it. If you want to sync your machine to various apps to track your fitness growth and to know more about your workouts then you may want to go for a wifi enabled machine. It would also help you to listen to songs and provide you with other entertainment.
11. WarrantySince you are spending a good amount of money then you should want to be assured that your machine doesn’t get damaged or broken and if it features some issues then it should be easy to resolve them as well this is why you need to look for a warranty period. This will ensure that the manufacturer will provide you the assistance if you need it.
12. Price and Value for MoneyThe price should always be your concern as you wouldn’t want to overspend or buy a product that is worth less. This is why you should first set the budget and then look for the best portable elliptical machine in your budget range. You should also make sure that you get a machine that provides you the value for your money.
13. Customer ReviewsCustomer reviews should be the top priority for you. You need to make sure that the product you are buying is getting positive reviews and higher ratings from the people who have already bought it. Afterall, who can tell better than the people who are already using the product? So make sure you check out the customer reviews before you buy it.
ConclusionHere we have enlisted all the top portable ellipticals that you can buy right now. These are the most popular and leading choices right now as they have many great features as well as provide excellent performance. Not only they feature an excellent performance but they are budget friendly too, so you are getting a pretty good deal for these portable ellipticals. You can choose any one of the aforementioned portable ellipticals and make sure you are getting a good workout at your home or office.That’s all we have to offer you right now and we hope you have got everything you wanted from our article. Thank you for visiting and we are glad to help you out as well.