Since you are here, you must have your own garage. Well, having a garage does make our lives easier, whether it’s about parking our vehicles in the garage or working on the vehicle or some other project. Well, most of us do use the garage for parking our cars and keeping them safe. But parking a car might be a little tiresome if you have to get out of the car and open the garage door every time. This will take a lot of time and effort. This is why garage door openers were invented.
The garage door opener may not be the must-have item for every garage owner but it surely makes our life a little easier because you can easily open the door of the garage without having to step out of the car. Most of the garage door openers work via our smartphones and others might come with their own remote as well. These are simple gadgets that you can easily install and then start opening or closing the door without having to physically make any effort. There are a lot of things that you can do with a garage door opener, as you can even schedule the opening or closing of the door and all via your smartphone. You can even allow temporary access to your friend or family.
So if you have decided to buy a garage door opener then you have made the right decision. When it comes to buying a garage door opener you can’t just choose the first product that you will see. You will have to figure out which one is going to be the best option for you and your garage. Even though there are hundreds of amazing garage door openers available in the market, choosing one can be a little overwhelming, this is why you should depend on us to get to know which is the best garage door opener.
In this article, we are going to list down the 10 best garage door openers that you can invest in. We have also shared a little buying guide at the end of the article so you can decide how to select the best garage door opener for your garage. So go ahead and take a look at the following best garage door opener and select the best one for your garage.
- 1 Best Garage Door Openers
- 1.1 1. Genie StealthDrive Connect 7155 Garage Door Opener
- 1.2 2. Chamberlain B4545T Smart Garage Door Opener
- 1.3 3. Genie Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
- 1.4 4. BeamUP Everlift BU250 Garage Door Opener with Battery Backup
- 1.5 5. LiftMaster Elite Series 8500 Jackshaft Operator
- 1.6 6. Sommer Direct Drive Garage Door Opener
- 1.7 7. Skylink Atoms ATR-1611C 1/2 HPF Garage Door Opener
- 1.8 8. Chamberlain 1.25-HP myQ Smart Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
- 1.9 9. Genie Signature Series Screw Drive Garage Door Opener
- 1.10 10. Genie Signature Series Wall Mount Garage Door Opener
- 1.11 Things to Consider While Buying Garage Door Opener:
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Garage Door Openers
The best garage door opener that we have found is none other than Genie StealthDrive Connect. This one is a top-rated garage door opener on Amazon and you would find it easier to use and certainly be a great performing door opener as well. This door opener is reasonably priced and it is feature-packed too. The garage door opener also comes with WiFi connectivity and you would most certainly be the best all-around option for a garage opener.You will be impressed with all the features this garage opener has to offer to you. It comes with a wireless remote, a wall mount console, keypad, backup battery, and of course the wireless connectivity. It comes with 1¼ Horsepower so it is powerful enough to handle the heavier doors. It is a belt-drive type door opener and it features a steel reinforced belt. It is highly durable and quiet as well. It comes with smart features and a battery backup too. Overall, you would be more than satisfied with this garage door opener as it also features the best value for money as well.
Chamberlain is another one of the top-rated garage door openers that you would find on Amazon. The garage door opener comes with the best kind of features that will help you to get the best value for money as it is highly efficient. This one features a camera which makes it a security device along with a garage door opener. The camera can be efficient as the garage door is mostly used for the entrance and you can keep track of who came to the door. The camera quality is 1080p so you will get the HD quality image. You can easily see the video on your smartphone as well.This is a belt-drive type garage door opener which makes it a popular choice. It features a ½ Horsepower powered motor that is quite sufficient for a medium-sized door. You can easily close and open the door along with the schedule settings. It comes with a wireless keypad, two wireless remotes, and a wall-mounted control panel. The operation is quiet and convenient. Overall, for someone looking for a camera and a garage door opener, this one can be the best option.
Genie is one of the best brands when it comes to the best garage door opener and this is why you are going to see a lot of garage door openers from Genie including this one. It features the best kind of performance and all the customers are highly impressed with its performance which is why it is a highly rated garage door opener on Amazon. This one is a decent and affordable garage door opener without any extra features that can hike the price.The garage door opener is powered with ½ Horsepower motor which is compatible with most of the garage doors up to 500 pounds of weight. It is also a belt-drive type garage door opener that makes it ideal for a quiet operation. It doesn’t come with wireless connectivity nor does it feature a wireless keypad, but you would be able to control it via your phone.Overall, it is a simple yet impressive garage door opener under budget, so do take a look at this one.
The next best garage door opener on our list is from BeamUp. This one features the best ratings and reviews so you would get an amazing performance which will be worthy of your money. This door opener is highly rated on Amazon because it comes with a good battery backup. It is a chain drive type garage opener and it comes with nice high-grade steel reinforced which makes it durable and cost-efficient.People who are looking for a garage door opener with a good battery backup would find it ideal. This one would work even in the case of a power outage. The powerful lithium-polymer battery makes sure of that. It comes with a 0.75 Horsepower motor which would be ideal for a 7 foot single or double door. It also comes with inbuilt LED light which would keep lighting in the night. It comes with remote control and a wall-mounted controller. It would be easy to install and operate. Overall, this is one of the top-rated garage door openers on Amazon so go ahead and take a look at this one.
LiftMaster is another one of the best garage door openers that you can find. You would be more than happy to invest in this one if you are looking for the best wall-mounted garage door opener. It is a little expensive but given the features and overall performance it might be worth your bucks. It is a direct drive-type garage opener that ensures a quick and quiet operation. The door opener takes up minimal space so it would be an issue to make space for this one.Furthermore, this garage door opener would be ideal for people with large and heavy garage doors up to the height of 14 feet tall and 650 pounds. It also has a built-in light that will automatically light up when you enter the garage. The unit includes a remote control and it can also be upgraded too.Overall, this is one of the best direct-drive type garage door openers to rely on and you would be more than happy to spend your buck on this one. So go ahead and check it out if you have a large garage door.
If you are looking for the quietest type of garage door opener then this one from Sommer might be your best option. It is also a direct drive type garage opener which would be ideal for doors up to 8 feet tall. It features a steel-reinforced anti-vibration Smart Belt and it is powered by a 0.75 Horsepower motor. It’s motor sprocket glides along a fixed chain to open your door, and it’s much quieter than a belt- or chain-drive type garage door opener.It comes with a full installation kit, wall station, and remote control. It won’t require any maintenance so you can just install it and forget about it. Another thing that has impressed us is its lifetime warranty. Overall, at this price, you are getting a jackpot so make sure you check it out.
Skylink Atoms would be your best option if you are looking for the best budget garage door opener. This one comes at an affordable price yet you won’t have to compromise with the quality in any way. It is a chain drive type garage door opener and it is powered with a ½Horsepower motor. So it would be ideal for the regular garage door from 8 to 10-foot height.This one also comes with safety features as its infrared sensory system will stop it from closing if there is anything in the way. It also comes with a built-in LED which will help you see at night. Its installation is quite easy and you don’t have to spend too much time on it either. It’s durable and easy to operate so there is hardly anything to complain about at this price.
Chamberlain has another one of the best garage door openers that you would like to invest in. This one features the best kind of performance and you would be able to easily control it as well. The garage door opener comes with 1.25 Horsepower which is ideal for up to 7-foot doors (extension- from 8 to 10 feet).It is a belt-drive type garage door opener that will ensure a quiet operation. It also comes with WiFi connectivity so you can easily operate it via the myQ app. You would be able to grant access to the guests. It also includes two pre-programmed remotes with a long range. You can also use it while there is power outrage as it comes with battery backup.
We have another one of the top-rated garage door openers from Genie and this will also impress you. This garage door opener is screw drive type so it would be fast and much more efficient. It also comes with 2 Horsepower so you don’t have to worry about any limits. You will also find WiFi connectivity which makes it easier to control. You can easily monitor the door status and also grant someone temporary access via the app. Overall, this one might be your best choice if you are looking for speed.
We have the best wall-mounted garage door opener from Genie and you would love to use this one. It won’t tackle too much space and using it would be quite easier as well. This one also comes full of smart features that make your life easier. It is powered by 2 Horsepower motors so it would be ideal for a wide range of garage doors. You will also find a Bluetooth LED light, backup battery, and wireless wall-mounted controls. Overall, when it comes to smart garage door openers this one might be your best shot.
Things to Consider While Buying Garage Door Opener:There are a few things that you might need to consider before selecting the garage door opener. Like other products, you will have to figure out which one is ideal for you and which one you would like the most for your garage door, and for that, you will have to look at the specific features. So here are some of the features that you would like to consider before buying the garage door opener.
1. Types of Garage Door OpenersThere are multiple types of garage door openers available and you might need to know which type would be ideal for you. Here are the major types of garage door openers:
- Chain Drive: These are popular because of their affordable price and high strength. This type of garage door opener uses a chain that pulls a trolley up a track and that lifts the door. It is durable but can be a little noisy.
- Belt Drive: Another one of the popular types of the garage door opener to find and you would certainly like to invest in this one. It uses a rubber belt to pull up a trolley that connects the garage door. These types of garage door openers are quieter and require less maintenance as well. But these can be a little more expensive than the chain drive type door opener for the garage.
- Screw Driven: This type of garage door opener uses a steel rod and wire. The steel rod would wrap the wire that will pull up the door. These are pretty quick but will require more maintenance.
- Wall Mounted: Another one of popular garage door opener is Wall Mounted one. It will be mounted alongside the door. It will be ideal for garages with low ceilings. It is also a popular choice and it works quite well too.
2. Size of the DoorAnother thing that you need to consider while buying the garage door opener will be the size of the door. You need to know that most of the garage door openers are ideal for 7 feet tall doors which is an ideal height. If you have a garage door that is taller than 7 feet then you might have to get an extension kit to make it work for the door. So make sure you are buying an ideal door opener for your garage according to the door height.
3. Lifting Capacity or HorsepowerAnother one of the things that you would like to consider while buying the garage door opener is its lifting capacity or Horsepower. The garage door opener works with the motor which is from ½ Horsepower to 2 Horsepower. The Horsepower of the door opener will decide how much weight it can lift. So more Horsepower would be better. Make sure you know the weight of your garage door so you can buy a garage door opener accordingly.
4. Battery BackupBattery Backup is also an important feature that you would need to look at. You have to make sure that the garage door opener that you are buying comes with a good battery backup otherwise you might end up waiting outside the garage in case of power failure. All of the garage door openers come with some backup battery that would make the garage door opener work even when there is no electricity. Some are battery operated would need to be charged.
5. Safety and SecuritySafety and Security are other factors that you would need to weigh in while buying the best garage door opener. The garage door opener can be a little dangerous as well because they have the potential to crush something. These also come with laser sensors that are installed on either side of the door. The door would stop closing if these lasers are tipped. This will prevent the pets or kids from being trapped under the door. There are plenty of such security features that we need to consider while buying a garage door opener. So make sure to look for them before buying.
6. Smart FeaturesIf you want a high-performing garage door opener then you might want to look at other smart features. There are plenty of advanced features that enhance the performance of the door opener. You will find some with scheduling features and others with settings to allow doors to open for the visitors. Some door openers will also alert the opener in case of a door being left open. Some of the garage door openers are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and this can be helpful as well.
7. Price and WarrantyWhile Buying anything, one has to look at the price of the product. Because nobody wants to overspend and they all want to get the best value for the price as well. This is why it is important to look at the price or fix a budget before buying a product. This will help them find the best garage door opener under budget. Although fixing a budget is important you shouldn’t compromise with the quality and safety of the opener for a cheaper price. So make sure you end with a decent and feature-packed door opener under your budget.Another thing that you would need to consider would be the warranty of the product. You don’t want it to get damaged or broken just after you have started using it. So make sure that you are selecting a product that comes with a warranty or at least with good customer service so you can contact them in case of queries.
8. Ratings and ReviewsAnother most important factor that you need to consider while buying the best garage door opener would be the ratings and reviews. It is the best part of online shopping as you can always know which one is the right product based on the user experience and what the customers have to say about the product. This would help you to make an informed decision and get a good value for money too.All the aforementioned garage door openers that we have listed here feature the best ratings and reviews from customers so you will be good to go.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best garage door openers that you can find on Amazon. We have selected these garage door openers because they are the most reliable, efficient, and overall high-performing garage door openers on Amazon. These are also currently the best-selling garage door openers as well. You will certainly find them ideal for using and protecting your garage door as well.We hope you found the best garage door opener from our list, so go ahead and buy them right away and forget about the daily hassle of opening the garage door yourself.