Cleaning the kitchen might be the hardest chore, especially if you love cooking. There is leftover food, the vegetables that have gone bad, or simply the scrapes and peels of vegetables and other edge things. All of these things generally go in the dustbin which then will be thrown in a trash can around the street or your building. Well, the food can smell really bad even in the bin and it can also feel weird to dispose of in a trash can. That is why most people choose garbage disposal which makes it a lot easier to dispose of food trash.
The garbage disposals are not only convenient but also environment friendly. The garbage disposal will grind up the food scraps and some leftover food and it will go straight to the sewage via the drainage pipe. This will prevent you from keeping the food scraps in the trash bin and the hassle of dumping them daily. With the usage of garbage disposal, it will be a lot easier to keep your kitchen clean and tidy. What you need is a good garbage disposal that can easily dispose of food scraps without any complications.
There are plenty of amazing garbage disposals available in the market yet there are only a few that are worth your money. No one product can be good for all. That is why you need to look at all the available options so you can find the best one for yourself. The hundreds of options in the market can make buying a garbage disposal hard and tiresome which is why you need this guide.
Here, we are listing the top garbage disposal that you can find right now and at the end of the article, you can find a buying guide to know how to choose the best garbage disposal. Have a look at the following top garbage disposals and choose the best one for yourself!
- 1 Best Garbage Disposals
- 1.1 1. Waste King L-1001 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord
- 1.2 2. InSinkErator Evolution Compact
- 1.3 3. Waste Maid 1-1/4 HP Garbage Disposal, Premium, Black
- 1.4 4. Moen Host Series Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
- 1.5 5. Waste King Legend Disposal with Cord
- 1.6 6. InSinkErator Pro Series 3/4 HP Food Waste Disposal
- 1.7 7. InSinkErator Badger 5 0.5 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal with Power Cord
- 1.8 8. Moen GX100C Chef Series 1 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
- 1.9 9. GE GFC1020N Continuous Garbage Disposal
- 1.10 What to Look For in a Garbage Disposal:
Best Garbage Disposals
Our first pick for the best garbage disposal list is Waste King. This is one of the best affordable garbage disposals that you can find right now. It is a continuous feed-type garbage disposal. The garbage disposal features a ½HP motor that will do a pretty good job at grinding most of the food chunks and will be ideal for mid-size families.One of the things that customers liked the most is that it comes with EZ Mount which will make installation easy and quick. It also features pre-installed power cords that plug directly into the wall, so no electric work is required!Stainless steel and plastic are used in the manufacturing of garbage disposal. It will continuously grind the food in small batches. You will also find a removal splash guard which makes it easier to clean. Overall, this one has great value for money, some impressive features, and high ratings by the customers so go ahead and check this one out.
InSinkErator is a great brand that has manufactured some of the best garbage disposals and this one is one of the best ones in the market right now. It is also a continuous feed-type garbage disposal with a ¾ horsepower motor. So it has some real power when it comes to grinding a vast variety of food including fibrous ones.The quiet operation is a result of SoundSeal Plus technology that features multiple layers of insulation and a sink baffle and there is a rubber piece installed in between the sink and the garbage disposal. The 2 stage grinding technology also makes it easier to process the food as ultra fine which won’t clog the sink.This one would be a perfect garbage disposal for a kitchen with limited space and an under-sink design. It is also easier to install. Although you will need to buy the power cord separately.
Waste Maid has also made amazing garbage disposal that works wonders. This one is perfect for the best for large families where a lot of food waste is produced. The garbage disposal features a motor of 1 ¼ HP which is quite powerful and will also dispose of the watermelon rinds. It features stainless steel components that will last for several years.The disposal features a silver guard which will catch any metal cutlery if they fall in it. You will also find a rubber splash guard which is removable and will prevent splashes. This makes it easier to clean and keeps your sink less messy. It has a three-bolt mounting system which will be easier to install and replace. Overall, this continuous feed garbage disposal will give you great value for money, check it out.
Do you have a septic tank? And find it difficult to get a garbage disposal that goes with it? Well, this one should be a great option for you as it goes well septic tank and it is also a continuous feed type garbage disposal. One of the best features of this garbage disposal is its SoundShield technology which makes the operation quieter.The ¾ horsepower motor is powerful enough to dispose of most of the food items including fibrous ones. It is fast and powerful so there will be less jamming. Customers also liked its compact design as it goes with limited sink spaces too. The installation is easy as it is compatible with most existing assemblies and it comes with a power cord.
Waste King Legend Disposal is another best-rated garbage disposal on amazon that you should know about. This one has it all, it is affordable, convenient, easy to install, and powerful so customers are pretty happy with this product.The garbage disposal is a continuous feed type and features a ½ horsepower motor that does a great job at grinding most of the food. It will be ideal for a small or medium family. The removable splash guard will make it easier to clean the garbage disposal and make it less messy while functioning. It can also be used with a septic tank. There is a stainless steel chamber which will last longer and will be more efficient. Installation is easy as it comes with a power cord that will be plugged directly. Although you will need to do some plumbing, the manual has clear and simple instructions that will be easier to follow.If you are looking for affordable garbage disposal then this one is the best option to go for.
We have another top-rated garbage disposal from InSinkErator and this one is from its Pro Series. Customers have liked this one even more for its safety and powerful functionality. It comes with a ¾ HP motor that will do a great job at grinding most of the food without clogging or jamming the sink or drainage.It has a magnetic lid that will catch any metal cutlery and make sure it doesn’t create any hazards. It has an insulated body which ensures a noiseless operation and the cover also helps with that. The grinding happens in two stages. It goes well with compact sinks or limited kitchen spaces. The stainless steel chamber will last for a long time.It is a little pricier than others on the list and there is no power cord included yet it is top garbage disposal so check it out.
If you have a small kitchen and are looking for a garbage disposal that is easiest to install then this one from InSinkErator should be your first choice. This one comes with a ½ horsepower motor that does a great job at grinding the food waste.It comes with a pre-installed power cord and is pre-wired which makes installation easier. It is smaller in size measuring just about 12 inches so it will be much more ideal for a non-busy kitchen. It also comes with a three-year warranty. Overall, with this price, you are getting a pretty good deal, so check it out.
We have another Moen garbage disposal which will go pretty well with septic tanks. This one is quite powerful with its 1 HP motor that will grind a vast variety of food waste including fibrous food and some hard chunks of vegetables. The magnet motor also reduces jamming and finely chops and grinds the food.It has an anti-splash rubber that will keep your sink clean. The garbage disposal comes with pre-installed power cords and wiring which makes it easier to install. The compact makes it ideal for small-sized kitchens and sinks. Lastly, this one features a 10-year warranty so you will get the best value for your money.
The next garbage disposal is from GE and this one is also a continuous feed type. It is pretty popular in the market right now and the credit goes to its easy installation process as the customers have found it pretty easy to install. Here, the disposal features a powerful 1-horsepower motor and stainless-steel swivel impellers that make it powerful enough for a medium-sized family.It also featured jam-proof technology which makes it easier to keep it clean. There is also a splash guard which will prevent debris. The quiet operation is also impressive. It is quite expensive but given the features and high-end built quality, this one will be worth your bucks.
What to Look For in a Garbage Disposal:While buying anything we need to look at multiple factors and see why that product would be worth our money. The same goes for the garbage disposal as you have to make sure it is ideal for you and your kitchen. There are many things that you need to consider before buying garbage disposal for your kitchen and home.You may or may not know what to look for or consider while buying the garbage disposal which is why we have listed this buying guide here, have a look at the following factors to consider;
1. TypeThere are basically two types of kitchen garbage disposal available, continuous and batch feed type garbage disposal.The continuous type garbage disposal will run continuously and you can turn it on and off as you need it. The food will pass steadily while it’s on. This is more convenient but there is one downside you can injure yourself while it is running.On the other hand, the batch-feed garbage disposal will grind the food in small batches. This makes it much more suitable for families with young children. There will be a stop before the disposal will take place. These are generally more expensive than continuous-type garbage disposal.
2. PowerThe general thumb rule is followed with the power of garbage disposal. The more powerful a garbage disposal is, the more food it will dispose of. The power of garbage is rated in HP (horsepower) like other motor-generated gadgets.
- The ⅓ horsepower garbage disposals are commonly found as these are economical. Although these can clog the drain while grinding the fibrous food. So these will only work best with soft foods.
- The ½ horsepower garbage disposal is more powerful than the ⅓ one as it will be suitable for a mid-size family. Although you have to be sure that you are not over-stuffing it.
- Next is ¾ horsepower, this one is pretty powerful and you would be able to dispose of the fibrous food along with other varieties of food without any issue. If you are a part of a large family and have substantial food waste then this one would be best for you.
- 1 or 1.2 horsepower would be the most powerful. With this one, you would be able to dispose of almost any kind of food including the watermelon rinds.
3. Grinding chamber materialThe material used in the grinding chamber also makes a difference. As the garbage disposal would be exposed to water and garbage all the time, you would want one that can sustain and last for a long time without rusting or breaking.There are many kinds of materials used to make the grinding chamber and each material has its own benefits and limitations. Here are some of the popular ones;
- Stainless steel is the most commonly used grinding chamber material. This is the metal that can last for a long time and will give you the best value for money too. It won’t rust and is also easy to clean. Although stainless steel can be a little expensive.
- Plastic is another material that you will see a lot. This is cheaper and also won’t corrode. Although it may not be as strong as stainless steel and may break. It will be easier to clean too.
- Galvanized steel comes with a protective coating over steel. However, the coating will come off and it will start to erode in a few months.
- The pot metal also has a coating over the material which might chip away in a few months.
4. Plugging systemThe garbage disposals will either come with power cords and outlets or you will have to install or buy the power cords separately. Some garbage disposal comes with power cords that will be directly plugged into your outlet while others might be plugged under the sink with separate electric settings or wiring. The ones that come with power cords are easier to install.
5. SizeThe size of the garbage disposal also matters and you might want to consider that. The garbage disposal that has larger motors will be larger. The size would matter if you have limited space in your kitchen, so take a look at that as well.
6. InstallationThe installation is something you need to keep in mind throughout the shopping. You don’t want a garbage disposal that is too hard to install or one that costs too much money if installed by a professional. Also, while ensuring the budget includes the installation cost as well.
7. Additional FeaturesThere are plenty of additional features that you will have to keep in mind. These features may not be found in every garage disposal but these will certainly make it easier and more convenient for the users. Here are some of the popular additional featured in a garbage disposal;
- Anti-jamming is probably the most useful feature. As its name suggests it will prevent jamming by automatically reversing the blades which will remove the log in the garbage disposal otherwise it will need to be done manually.
- Anti-splash will prevent the food from splashing in the sink as the food is being chewed up by the garbage disposal.
- Noise level may not sound too much of an issue but it can bother you once you start using the garbage disposal. So make sure you choose one that makes minimum noise and offers a quiet operation.
8. BudgetLastly, budget is also something you need to consider while buying a garbage disposal. You can find a decent garbage disposal in your budget range so you don’t have to chase the most expensive one in the market. Although don’t choose the cheapest one as it may not last very long or does a good job of grinding the food. Make sure you get the best value for your money.
Conclusion:So these are some of the best garbage disposals that you can find right now. These garbage disposals have been rated highly and recommended by the customers who are using them. You should take a look at all of them and find which one will suit your needs best.We have included a wide range of garbage disposals so you can easily find your perfect match. Go ahead and install the best one from the list and get a cleaner and nice-smelling kitchen!