The temperature has started dropping and we are welcoming winters and also fully prepared for it too. Be it the new layers of clothes or heated apparel, we have everything to protect us from extreme winter but what about your lovely pet? Most of us forget about pets while gearing up for extreme weather conditions and especially winters. Just like us our dogs too feel the cold temperature and hate the winters so we have to make sure that our best pal doesn’t suffer from the winter and be warm and cozy.
How do we do that? Well, the first and the most important thing that we would need to introduce in our lives or our dogs is the heated dog house. Yes, you heard it right. Say bye to the old-fashioned dog house that is only capable of providing shelter because we do need to provide them some heat too. That is why a lot of dog houses have invented that feature some heating elements and provide heat to your beloved dogs.
When it comes to finding the best-heated dog house, you might find it a little challenging because there are so many choices yet only a few of them are good enough. That is why you need to know which one would be the perfect choice for your dog to keep them warm. Here, we have decided to step up and help you out with the trouble of going through numerous heated dog houses and then finding the one.
In this article we have listed down the top 10 heated dog houses and reviewed them as well, so you can easily find the best dog heated house for your dog. So go ahead and have a look at the following best-heated dog houses and choose your favorite one.
- 1 Best Heated Dog Houses
- 1.1 1. K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated dog bed
- 1.2 2. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Tent Outdoor Heated Pet Shelter
- 1.3 3. Pets Imperial Extra Large Insulated Wooden Norfolk Dog Kennel
- 1.4 4. ASL Solutions Dog Palace
- 1.5 5. Solid Wood Construction Heated Extra House
- 1.6 6. Heated Fir Wood Duplex House
- 1.7 7. Wooden Barn for Large and Extra Large Dogs with Heater
- 1.8 8. Petmate Igloo Dog House
- 1.9 9. K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pet Bed
- 1.10 10. PETMATE EXTREME WEATHER-RESISTANT DOG HOUSE
- 1.11 Buying Guide for Heated Dog House:
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Heated Dog Houses
K&H is a popular brand when it comes to shopping for your pets and they have been making some of the best products with high-end quality and reasonable prices so you will get everything you have asked for. So when it comes to buying the best-heated dog house we had to check out this brand and we finally found the best one on the market. Although its name says kitty house bit this is also ideal for small dogs. So whether you have small puppies or have dogs from small breeds, you would certainly find this one suitable for them.The dog house is made from polyester which is a durable and water-resistant material that will keep your dog warm and comfortable for a long time. It also features multiple layers that will act as insulation so the heat will be trapped in the house. To provide comfort to your pet, it features a fleece-lined floor. The dog also features removable clear plastic flaps to cover the door openings. This is easy to clean and assemble. You can easily differentiate the parts of the pet house and then clean it.Overall, if you are looking for the best-heated dog house for smaller dogs then this one should be your best choice.
We have another one of the best heated dog houses from K&H, as this is the best brand you will find. This one comes in the tent style that not only looks great but is also very efficient too. The dog house is quite lightweight and you will be able to transport it easily. This tent-style heated dog house is made up of nylon fabric that is water-resistant and will keep your dog safe from outer weather and cold. It will be held up using flexible rods. The best part is you will get various sizes in this model so you can find an ideal size for your dog.You will find a removable heated bed that is made from comfy orthopedic foam that will provide heat to your dog when they will sit on it. It also features a fleece lining that is very comfortable to touch as well. The tent is machine washable so you won’t have any issues cleaning it.Overall, you will get this heated dog house at an affordable price, so do check it out.
Pets Imperial is another one of the top pet brands that you may have already heard of if you have a pet. They have also impressed pet owners by providing innovative pet products at reasonable prices and made both pet owners and pets quite happy. That is why we have the next best-heated dog house from Pets Imperial. This one is not an electrically heated dog house but insulated. So even though there is no heating mechanism involved, the dog house is fully insulated and it is designed to be warm in winter and cold in summers so it would be a perfect dog house for people who live in a multi-seasonal climate.The dog house is made from wood using treated timber that will last for a long time. It features insulated panels that will prevent the inside from getting too cold. It also features Styrofoam and plywood board. The walls are 150% thicker than other kennels. It also features a removable floor for easy cleaning and maintenance. The weight capacity is around 154 lbs. It also features a raised floor that makes cleaning very easy. The roof also opens up making it easier to maintain and clean.Overall, if you are not looking for an electrically heated dog house but want a simple dog house that is insulated and can trap some heat then this one would be perfect.
ASL Solutions is another leading brand that has never let us down when it comes to pet houses and other stuff. If you are extra protective of your dog then you must choose this heated dog house that will not only protect your dog from cold but also from other elements that can cause any harm or discomfort. The dog house is made from high-grade and premium molded plastic that would certainly last for a long time. It is highly durable and will easily last for several years.It also features several panels that are made up of recycled ESP foam which means it is highly insulated. It relies on a single 100 watt light bulb that provides more than enough but comfortable heat levels. It features an easy-to-pass-through, self-closing, and highly insulated door. It has a drain assist that will help you easily clean the dog house. It’s highly comfortable and warm. Overall, you would find it cost-effective and it is certainly the top-rated heated dog house.
5. Solid Wood Construction Heated Extra HouseIt is also a top-rated heated dog house that you can invest in when it comes to protecting your dog against cold weather. While most of the dog houses are made for small to medium-sized dogs, this one would be a blessing for bigger dogs. This heated dog house comes with a partition and double door that makes it more of a practical option. This dog house will not only be ideal for one ideal dog but will also be ideal for several smaller dogs. So if you have more than one dog then this should be an ideal option.It also features a chew-proof heavy-duty cord that is safe and 8 feet long. It is made up of solid wood which makes it durable and easy to clean. This one also comes at an affordable price so you would be good to go if you are looking for the best quality heated dog house under a budget.
6. Heated Fir Wood Duplex HouseHeated Fir Wood Duplex House is another one of the best-heated dog houses that you would love to buy for your dog. This one is ideal for people who have two smaller dogs or one large dog, as it comes with a removable partition. It features a high-performing heater that is reliable and safe to use. The heater is also removable too. It should be ideal enough to get your dog through the chilling winters. It runs on 150-watt electricity which is cost-efficient. It is also easy to install and clean, so you won’t have any complaints.
Next on our list of best dog heated dogs is from Wooden Barn and this one will also impress you too. This is a highly rated heated dog house on Amazon and it features so many positive reviews too. The dog house is nicely heated and has a raised floor so your dog will be pretty toasty in there. It comes with a durable and energy-efficient heater that is pretty great. The best construction quality and the use of commercial woods would be worthy of your money too. Furthermore, the house is pretty easy to install and maintain, so you would certainly be happy to have it.
The next one on our list of best-heated dog houses is from Petmate. This one is a fully insulated igloo-shaped heated dog house that you would love to buy for your furry friend. This one can be accompanied by a heating pad or floor bed that will keep your dog toasty and warm in the cold temperature. It is fully insulated so it will be ideal for outdoor use as well. It is weatherproof and can be used in summer as well. Heavy-duty plastic has been used and also features angled entryways. The raised floor and side moats are also ideal.
If a dog house is too much for you or you already have a dog house, you can certainly invest in this heated pet bed which would be ideal for dogs. It comes from a reputable brand and features a high-end quality as well. The cord is 5.5 ft long and it uses 20W of power. It is water-resistant and durable. The bed is made up of soft foam and fleece that will keep them comfortable and cozy. Overall, it’s the best value option and people have highly rated it too.
We have another one of the best budget dogs heated houses from Petmate and this one is also one of the highly rated on Amazon. The dog house is fully weather-resistant and features high-end durability and functionality. It comes with a fully functional heater that will keep your dog warm and toasty when the temperature starts dropping. It would be ideal for one large dog or two smaller dogs, so it’s pretty cost-efficient.
Buying Guide for Heated Dog House:There are plenty of things that you would need to figure out while buying the best-heated dog houses. So you need to have some knowledge about heated dog houses and how these work as well, so you can make the right choice.Now, if you are buying a heated dog house for the first time, you may or may not know how to choose one and what to look for. That is why, we have listed some of the features that you need to consider while buying a heated dog house, have a look:
1. SizeOne of the most important things that you would want to look for in a heated dog house would be the ideal size. The dog house should be of ideal size for your dog and it is also appropriate to go in your house as well. So while looking for a dog house make sure that you are buying one that is appropriate for your dog. If your dog is smaller in size, then you should invest in a smaller house so they can get the right warmth and don’t take too much space. It should also have enough room for them so they can get away from the heat if they want to.
2. MaterialAnother one of the important things that you would want to look for would be the material of the dog house. No matter what kind of dog house you are buying, you have to make sure that this is going to be comfortable for your dog and they can be comfortable with the material. So look for the material and how it feels.The bigger ones might be made up of plastic or wood, these would be expensive and durable. While the smaller ones would be made up of fabrics such as nylon and polyester, they would be comfortable and affordable.You can choose any of these based on your budget and your dog’s comfort.
3. Heating MechanismAnother one of the things that you would like to consider would be the heating mechanism. You need to know how the dog houses are heated and how efficient they would be. There are different kinds of heating mechanisms and each one of them would feature its own sets of advantages.Some are wall-mounted and use forced air to warm up the space and will give you precise control over the temperature using a thermostat that is built in the house. Some houses are electrically heated and provide warmth to your pets. Overall, there are different types of heating mechanisms and you should know that before buying one.
4. Power Source and VoltageAnother one of the things that you should be looking for would be the power source. Whether it’s a plug-in type of heated dog house or a battery-operated one, you should be considering the power source and the voltage. You should know if it is compatible with the electric plugs in your house. The voltage should be safe and low for dogs so there won’t be any hazard.
5. Temperature ControlAnother one of the things that you would need to consider would be the temperature controls. Some houses come with just one temperature setting that may or may not be ideal for your dog, so it would be easier if you have multiple temperature settings so you can choose the ideal temperature considering the surrounding temperature. You can also see how easy it would be to control the temperature and whether it would be efficient or not.
6. DoorThe entrance and the exit of the heated dog house is also important aspect so you need to consider these as well. The door is pretty helpful as it would keep the external elements away from your dog and keep them safe. You should make sure that there is a door which is easy to open so they can enter and exit the house whenever they need to and don’t feel stuck.
7. Waterproof and weatherproofAnother factor that you need to look for in a heated dog house is whether it is waterproof or weatherproof. In case you need to put the dog house outdoors then you may want additional protection from the weather or even indoor. The dog house should be water-resistant and waterproof so that it doesn’t get damaged or wet that will end up making your dog feel cold again.So while buying the heated dog house, make sure that you are looking for a dog house that is waterproof and weatherproof that means it should be able to resist weather and other extreme weather conditions easily.
8. Raised FloorsRaised floors are a feature that your dog would appreciate in its house. Not only would the raised floor be a lot more comfortable but it would also be insulated and keep your dog extra warm and cozy. It would also keep the dog away from the cold floor as the raised floor would be insulated. Overall, make sure you are buying a raised floor dog house if possible.
9. SafetyAnother one of the features that you won’t like to compromise with would be the safety of your dog in the heated dog house. You don’t want to buy a dog house that can cause any harm to your dog and where there are electric elements involved, there is always a risk.So make sure that you look for a dog house that comes with safety features such as auto shut-off so that it will be protected from overheating and will be turned off after a limited time. You can also find some heated dog houses that will only start to heat up when there is a dog in the house and it will stop the moment they step out of it.
10. Price and Value for MoneyThere is a wide range of heated dog houses, some are way too expensive and some will come under $50. You can buy any one of them based on your budget but make sure that you are getting great value for the money you are spending.Do look at the features such as overall quality, durability, and functionality while buying the heated dog houses and you should also compare them to other choices to get the best deal. You can also check the reviews and ratings given by customers so you can know whether it would live up to the expectations.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best-heated dog houses that you can find so far. These heated dog houses have been loved by dog owners across the countries and they are the best-selling heated dog houses as well. These are safe, highly functional, ideal for the winter, and will give the best value for your money too.So what are you waiting for? Don’t let your little companion freeze in cold and make sure they stay warm and cozy when the temperature starts dropping, go ahead and buy your favorite heated dog houses from our list and make your dog happy this winter season.