When we enter a new relationship, there is a lot that you guys would need to figure out. Developing a strong bond and friendship is a challenge, and you can’t expect the honeymoon phase to last forever. This is why it is advised that you guys get to know each other as much as possible at the start of the relationship so that you can know how strong this relationship is going to be and what grounds you two will have to work on to make this relationship work.
The goal of a relationship is to become good friends with each other and discover what you guys agree on and what you disagree on as well. There are plenty of things that you can ask each other at the start of a new relationship to discover what kind of person you are going to spend time with and how this is going to work out.
Although it is not that easy to ask questions to each other especially when the relationship is new as you don’t want to come across as clingy or ask the wrong questions that make things awkward between you too. This is why you will need to know what you should ask and why you should ask that particular question.
Since you are here, we can guess that you are looking for such questions to ask each other at the start of the new relationship. So here we are to help you out and see what questions you need to ask in a new relationship.
We have listed some of the important questions to ask in a new relationship, go ahead and take a look at these.
- 1 Important Questions For A New Relationship
- 1.1 1. How does a healthy relationship look according to you?
- 1.2 2. What is the most important thing to do on your bucket list before you die?
- 1.3 3. What does your perfect day look like?
- 1.4 4. What scared you the most?
- 1.5 5. What does friendship mean to you?
- 1.6 6. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
- 1.7 7. What do you want to do when you retire?
- 1.8 8. Do you have commitment issues?
- 1.9 9. What is a deal-breaker for you in a relationship?
- 1.10 10. Have You Ever Had An STD
- 1.11 11. What are your views on religion?
- 1.12 12. Do you want kids?
- 1.13 13. How do you define cheating in a relationship?
- 1.14 14. What kind of physical intimacy do you want in our relationship?
- 1.15 Conclusion
Important Questions For A New Relationship
1. How does a healthy relationship look according to you?This is an important question to ask your partner and especially if you are in a new relationship. Everyone’s idea of a healthy relationship is different and you might not know what is the perfect relationship according to them.With this question, you both can help each other to understand what kind of relationship you two are looking for and whether or not that is something you two can offer each other in this relationship. People must get the kind of relationship that they think is ideal or healthy for each other, only in this way the two people can be really happy with each other.
2. What is the most important thing to do on your bucket list before you die?This is a rather fun and light question to ask your partner at the start of your relationship. This one might not be the most important question that you need to ask in a new relationship but it will certainly help you know what the other person likes to do and what activities are on their bucket list.Some people would have things like bungee jumping, skydiving, etc, while others might want to do something like helping society. The thing is everyone has different goals and dreams that they would want to complete at some point in their life. So you might want to know what your partner’s bucket list looks like and how you feel about that.
3. What does your perfect day look like?If you haven’t asked this question already, it might be time that you ask it. Everyone’s preferences for a perfect day vary. Some might like to lay in bed all day or take a spa while others might want to start their day with hiking. This will help you know what activities they enjoy the most and what they do on their day off.If you are in a relationship, you two will have to spend each other’s perfect day together or sometimes just plan the perfect day for your partner, so you must know what their perfect day is and how you feel about that too.
4. What scared you the most?There are plenty of things that scare us in our life. It might be losing someone special or something that reminds you of the worst day of your life, either way, fear is a natural feeling that we all feel in our lives.Knowing what scared your partner the most is also a way to get to know them as well. You might want to know why they are scared or fear that thing the most. This will certainly make you feel like you guys know each other a little better and will be careful in the future as well when it comes to their fears.
5. What does friendship mean to you?The friends we have or the ones that we spend most of our time talking to also impact our personality. How much we value the friendships in our lives is also something that says a lot about ourselves.So if you are in a new relationship, you might want to know what friendship means to them and how they are with their friends. In a way, you guys are also each other’s friends and you need to make sure that you make each other’s best friends as well. This will most certainly help you to understand them better and the value they give to friendships in their lives.This question will give you a chance to learn about the friendships that they have maintained over the years and how many close friends they have.
6. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?The relationship we share with our mother is one of the most sacred ones. With that being said not everyone has a good relationship with their family or mothers. So to know a person better, you might try to find out what kind of relationship they share with their mother.A guy’s relationship with his mother might help you know what he is looking for in a woman and a girl’s relationship with her mother might help you know what role model she had growing up.
7. What do you want to do when you retire?It might be too early to talk about retirement plans (if you two are still young and just started working), but knowing what your partner has thought of and what they would like to do when they retire is also something you guys should know about.The retirement plan doesn’t always start at 50 or 60 as it did in the past, but one can plan retirement at any point in their time. This will certainly open a conversation about each other’s professional life and what they feel about their career. It would be nice to know their plans for the future as well.
8. Do you have commitment issues?Now, this may be too direct a question, but the idea behind asking this question is to know whether they are afraid of commitment or ready to commit to a long-term relationship.You can certainly know more about how they feel about committing to you and how they have handled their past relationships as well.
9. What is a deal-breaker for you in a relationship?We all have deal-breakers that we can’t compromise or stand. This is why it is important to know what is the deal breaker for your partner in the relationship and how you feel about that. No matter what you think of their deal-breaker in a relationship you will need to respect that during your relationship. So you must know about this before you commit to a relationship fully, and this is why it is an important question to ask in a new relationship.
10. Have You Ever Had An STDNow this question might sound a little offensive, but it is also an important question. First of all, there is nothing wrong with having an STD as long as they have found out and taken responsibility for the disease and cured it at the time.If they have never had an STD, you might ask them when they have been tested last or if they should get tested.
11. What are your views on religion?Religion is also something that is too personal and everyone thinks differently about this as well. You might be an atheist or you are a strict follower of your religion and they too have their views on religion and how they practice religion in their life.As long as you are on the same page when it comes to religion or respect each other’s beliefs it will be okay. But things might be a little challenging if you have polarizing views on religion.
12. Do you want kids?Kids are also something people have different views on. Some people would think it is too early to ask this question in a relationship, but it can be a deal-breaker or maker in the relationship as well. If they want to have kids and you don’t and vice versa, this can be a problem for both of you. So it would be better if you know this at the start of the relationship.
13. How do you define cheating in a relationship?Cheating has become common these days and it is heartbreaking how easily people would choose to have a good time at the expense of breaking their partner’s heart. While some people think cheating can only happen when there is physical intimacy, others might have different views on that.So you should certainly know what your partner feels about cheating and how they would define it. It will help you guys to set some ground rules for the future.
14. What kind of physical intimacy do you want in our relationship?Last but not least, it is time that you guys discuss physical intimacy and see how the other person feels about it as well. The ideal sex life varies for everyone as they like different things and have different preferences when it comes to physical intimacy.The best way to have the desired physical intimacy would be to communicate about this at the start of a new relationship. Find out what things excite them most and what they expect from their partners when it comes to sex and other forms of physical intimacy. These questions can make your sex life pretty good and satisfying!
ConclusionSo these are some of the best questions to ask in a new relationship and these questions will certainly help you know a little more about your partner and can you expect from this relationship as well. These are the questions that might make your bond stronger and will help you figure out what is going to work for this relationship and what is simply off the table.That would be all for now and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for and enjoyed this article as well.