Heat pumps are getting more and more popular with each passing day. This is because a lot of people feel cold and need a constant heat source in their surroundings. While this may be easier when we are at home as we have multiple heat source options such as furnaces. But the furnaces are large and expensive and are not ideal for small places or someone living under a budget.
This is where the portable heat pumps come into the picture. The portable heat pumps are taking place of the large and expensive furnaces for good. These heat pumps, are not only cheaper but also made to fit the small places as well. Here the portable heat pumps are becoming everyone’s favorite given their many benefits. There are some devices that come as an air conditioner and heater combos as well, which make them suitable for all seasons, hence also saves your money and space in your apartment or office.
As we said earlier there are many benefits of having a portable heat pump and you can certainly get one easily as well. There are numerous options available in the market to choose from and you can easily find the one that suits your needs and requirements. Although it would take a lot of your time to see every option available in the market hence you will have to put in so much of your efforts too.
This is where you would need our help and we won’t disappoint you either. Here we have listed down the top 10 portable heat pumps that you can buy and rely on. To help you further, we have also listed down the buying guide for portable heat pumps so that you can know how to choose the best portable heat pump for yourself.
So have a look at the following list of the best portable heat pumps 2021 and choose the best one for yourself.
- 1 Best Portable Heat Pumps
- 1.1 1. Serene Life Portable Heat Pump
- 1.2 2. Whynter ARC 14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable AC+ Heat Pump
- 1.3 3. Black+Decker BPACT12HWT Portable Air Conditioner + Heat Pump
- 1.4 4. De’Longhi 4-in-1 Portable Heat Pump
- 1.5 5. Edge Star AP14001HS Portable AC + Heat Pump
- 1.6 6. MIDEA Portable Heat Pump
- 1.7 7. Honeywell MM14CCSBB 14,000 BTU Portable AC + Heat Pump
- 1.8 8. RolliCool Alexa-Enabled 10,000 BTUs Portable AC with Heater
- 1.9 9. Haier HPND14XHT
- 1.10 10. NEWAIR Portable Heat Pump
- 1.11 Buying Guide for Portable Heat Pumps:
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Portable Heat Pumps
One of the first best portable heat pumps that we have found for you is from Serene Life. This is one of the best brands that you would find when it comes to electronic appliances and the Serene Life Portable Heat Pumps surely tops the list. This is a 4-in-1 portable heater, as it can be a cooler, heater, dehumidifier, and fan all at once. So in a way, this one can be used all year long.This portable heat pump is lightweight, compact, sleek, and very easy to transport as well. The dehumidifier not only reduces the humidifier but also acts as an air purifier as well. This one features a digital touch button control panel which makes it pretty easy to use and control. The control panel features timer, power, mode, temperature, and fan speed settings.This one features an easy plug-in operation without any installation. It makes a low noise, so you won’t get annoyed. And also features a low power consumption as well. For portability, it features a rolling wheel, so you won’t have to put any effort to transport it from one place to another. It is compact and weighs only 65 pounds, so you won’t have to worry about transportation.It is remote-controlled, easy to control, and features the best value for your money. So undoubtedly this is one of the portable heat pumps you can find so far.
Whynter is another one of the leading brands that you can rely upon. This brand comes with innovative products that make our lives a bit easier and comfortable. And this portable heat pump and AC is one of them.What makes it the top-rated portable heat pump is its amazing features. Just like the Serene Life, this one too is a 4-in-1 product featuring a heat pump, AC, dehumidifier, and basic fan. It would be ideal for a 500 Sq ft room and it featured the full thermostatic control with digital readouts as well.This portable heat pump is eco-friendly and uses the R410A refrigerant. It also features the auto drain function. The 24-hour programmer along with remote control, washable pre-filter, three fan speed, and quiet operation are some of the features that make it a top choice for customers.The product also comes with an installation kit including a 60-foot extended exhaust and intake hose and window. And installation is pretty easy too, although you may need to call a professional as well.
Black+Decker is another one of the leading brands that you can expect some of the best services and higher quality. And this is why it is another top-rated portable heat pump that you can buy. This one is suitable for a small room up to 325 Sq feet. The vertical motion of this heat pump creates a powerful airflow that would make sure the room temperature remains consistent. It also features slide-out filters designed for easy rinsing under the faucet.Some of the best features of this portable heat pump include precision programming, electronic controls, an LCD digital display, sleep mode, and a 24-hour timer. It also a 4-in-1 product which is a heater, AC, dehumidifier, and basic fan. The unit packs 12,000 BTU while heating and 6000 while cooling.
De’Longhi makes another one of the best budget portable heat pumps that you can find so far. Here this one can be used for a room measuring 500-700 sq feet, which is pretty impressive for a portable heat pump. The heating and cooling capacity is up to 14,000 BTUs. It provides maximum comfort and your ideal temperature, whether it is freezing or too hot outside.The silent operation is what impresses the customers the most. It can remove 87 pints of excess moisturizer in 24 hours. There is no leakage with this heater, so you would certainly be assured of no mess. It can also maintain a preset temperature. It also comes with an LCD remote controller so you can easily set the temperature.Overall this multi-function portable heat pump is one of the best and you will get good value for your money.
Edge Star is another one of the leading portable heat pumps that you can invest in. This one features the highest BTUs rating that is 14,000 which would be ideal for a 500 square feet room. It only produces 56-decibel noise so it might be the quietest too. It has a 24-hour timer too, so you would certainly like it as well. You can choose the temperature unit according to your preferences as well.The whole package comes with a window kit and would certainly impress you as well. It is easy to use and maintain it so you won’t have any issues with this one. For easy portability it features casters. It is one of the top-rated portable heat pumps too, so you can expect this one to meet your requirements and keep you warm and comfy.
MIDEA Portable Heat pump has also made it to our list of best portable heat pumps due to its impressive features and high quality. This is a 3-in-1 product that can be a heat pump, AC, and dehumidifier.It is very easy to control and handle where it features an LCD where you can easily see the temperature. It is controlled with a remote so it would be convenient for you. It comes with an 8,000 BTUs rating so it would be ideal for a 150 sq ft room. It also features a 24-hour timer as well. The air filters are washable and it is also easy to install. Overall, it may be a great pick for your office, room, etc.
Honeywell, too, is a popular and trustworthy brand that you can find these days and its portable heat pump surely makes one of the top-rated portable heat pumps across the world. This one is ideal for 500-700 sq ft rooms as it features 14,000 BTUs.There are a total of three fan speeds, an hour energy-saving timer, and remote control which makes it pretty easy to use and ensure you get a comfortable temperature. The feather touch control panel is also an impressive factor that made customers give it their positive reviews. The washable filters make its maintenance easier too. Lastly, it only makes 54-decibel noise.
8. RolliCool Alexa-Enabled 10,000 BTUs Portable AC with HeaterRolliCool is also one of the energy-efficient portable heat pumps that you need to know about. Here, what you would like the most about this portable heat pump is that it is compact, sleek, and ideal for a 450 sq. ft. room. Along with these qualities, this one also makes one of the best budget portable heat pumps.This one would be useful in all seasons and you can find the comforting temperature anytime. What makes this heat pump different from others is the fact that it can be controlled wireless, with both Android and iOS devices. It comes with an installation kit as well.
Haier is another one of the leading brands that have been providing us with the top quality products and appliances that make our life easier.This Haier portable heat pump comes with 14,000 BTUs which would be enough to warm up a 500 sq. ft. room. This one features four operating speeds and it also features the 4-in-1 functionality. It uses a digital control panel which makes it easier to use. Overall, this top-quality portable heat pump should be your first choice.
NEWAIR also makes the best budget portable heat pump which can be easily used during cold days to keep you warm and cozy. It comes with an efficient booster feature and provides a powerful airflow as well. The 14,000 BTUs rating also makes it more desirable. Overall, it is highly portable and intuitive and anyone would be lucky to have it in this budget.
Buying Guide for Portable Heat Pumps:You can just buy the next portable heat pump you see as you will have to use this product for a long time and you need to make sure it is perfect for you. This is why you must take a look at the features of portable heat pumps and choose the one that is suitable for you and serves you well too.So here, we have listed down a few features that you would have to consider while choosing the best portable heat pump for yourself, go and have a look.
1. Size and WeightSince you are looking for a portable heat pump, it means you are not looking for using it for one place and want to take it anywhere you like this is why the size and weight should be the first featured and criteria that you need to consider.You can’t go for a larger size, as it would be difficult to move and also difficult to place in a small apartment. So a finding a moderately sized portable heat pump is important. Although it shouldn’t be too small where it can’t serve you well.The same thing applies to the weight of the portable heat pump. Make sure the weight is right and you can easily move it from one place to another without any hassle.
2. PortabilityAnother one of the things that you should consider before buying a portable heat pump is portability. You should know whether you would easily transport it from one place to another or you will have to make extra efforts. Some wheels would be nice to have as they would make things much easier.
3. EfficiencyWhenever you are buying an electric product you need to make sure it’s energy-efficient or atheist try to buy the one that saves energy and is eco friendly as well.Although portable heat pumps are already more energy-efficient than the traditional ones, still you might wanna buy the one that saves more energy and is easy on your electricity bill. One of the ways to check its efficiency, you need to check out its Heating Seasonal Performance Ratings (HSPR). The should be in between 7.7 to 10. And in case you are buying the cooler and heater combo pumps, you may as well check the cooking ratings.
4. Single Stage or Two-Stage CompressorsThe portable heat pumps come in two major types, the single-stage or two-stage compressor. The single-stage would either be On (at its full capacity) or it would be Off. There are no other settings.On the other hand, the two-stage type heat pumps would feature more than two operational levels. You can keep it on low, medium, or high settings/levels according to your preferences. So you would be able to adjust the settings and get a comfortable temperature for yourself.
5. Blower Motor TypeThe next thing that you would need to consider would be the blower motor type. The motor plays an important role in heating or cooling that is why you need to make sure you are getting good the ideal motor in your heat pump.There are different types of blowers available, such as single/fixed speed, multiple speed, and variable speed. As their name suggests, the single-speed would only run at a single speed and you will only get two options, on and off. Likewise, the multiple-speed blower motor features higher and lower speed options.Lastly, the variable speed options would mean that you will have many speed options (more than 2 or 3). You can easily find the level which is most comforting for you. And sometimes the device would automatically detect the room temperature and adjust the temperature automatically.
6. MaintenanceAnother feature that you need to take care of would be maintenance. It is okay to buy a product but you have to make sure that it works to its full potential and for that, the product would require some maintenance. What you need to make sure of is that the product requires minimum maintenance or at least as much as you can give. It should be easy to clean and maintain.
7. Easy to InstallAlthough all the portable heat pumps are ready to use and all you have to do is to plug it and use it wherever or wherever you like. Still, you need to make sure the portable heat pump is easy to install and you need an expert’s assistance to install it.
8. Digital ControlYou don’t want to go to the portable heat every time you need to adjust this is where a digital controller comes into the picture. Just like most electronics gadgets we have nowadays, some portable heat pumps also come with a remote control or they can be paired with your smartphone through which you can control the temperature. This would just make your life easier and you don’t have to physically go to the heat pump and control the temperature.
9. Humidity ControlSome of the portable heat pumps also come with a dehumidifier that would make sure you don’t feel the humidity in your surroundings, which can be very unbearable sometimes. So if you live in a place with high humidity levels, you can consider the dehumidifier feature in your portable heat pump.
10. Noise levelIt can be annoying if the heater makes too much noise as you will find it difficult to concentrate. This is why check the noise level and see if how much noise it makes. Go for the quieter noise level which doesn’t distrust you.
11. PriceAnother leading factor that you would need to consider would be the price. You don’t want to overspend on anything for that matter or worse spending your money on something that doesn’t provide you the good value for your money. This is why you need to make sure that you spend the right kind of money on the right kind of portable heat pump.You can fix a budget and then look for the best product in that budget range. And you would want to compare the portable heat pump with its competitors to know whether you are getting the best deal. Here you should compare the money with the features the portable heat pump is offering. This is a way to find the best value and best budget portable heat pumps.
12. WarrantyWarranty is another one of the leading features that you need to consider. A lot of portable heat pumps comes with a warranty so that if anything goes wrong you can contact the manufacturers and get it fixed (within a limited period). The most common warranty periods are from 1 to 2 years.
13. Customer ReviewsThe biggest mistake you can ever make is to go buy something without checking the customer reviews. It’s like buying something blindly or taking a huge risk. No matter what the product is claiming and how good it seems with its features, whether or not it would live up to its expectations or promises is something you would want to know in the first place. This is why you need to check out the customer’s reviews, after all, they are currently using the product and can also tell you whether or not it is worth it. This way your would end up with the best rated portable heat pumps.
ConclusionThat would be all for now as we have done our job and provided you the list of the best portable heat pumps. Here we have listed the portable heat pumps that meet the criteria for being the best portable heat pumps. So choose any of the above-mentioned portable heat pumps and you won’t be disappointed.Overall, we hope that found the top portable heat pump from our list and you can easily choose the perfect one for yourself with the help of buying guide. Thank you and we hope you found everything you have looking for.