Every kitchen needs portable induction cooktops that can make things easier for you. The portable induction cooktops are becoming very popular as free have so many benefits as well as easy to use.
What are Induction Cooktops and How Do They Work?
Before investing in a portable induction cooktop you might wanna know what they are and how do they work.
The induction cooktops are the cooktops that work on magnetic technology unlike the thermal or electric technology or the old school burner flames.
The induction cooktops feature a copper wire coil under the burner and an alternating current would be passed through it. This would result in creating a magnetic field that will induce magnetic flux. It will magnetic the pot treating it like the lossy magnetic core of a transformer. This will produce large eddy currents in the pot and heats it.
What are the Benefits of Portable Induction Cooktops?
It must be a question one would ask when they are still figuring out, whether or not they want a portable induction cooktop. So here are some of the benefits that might help you reach the decision.
1. Energy Efficient
One of the best benefits of having a portable induction cooktop is that you will get an energy-efficient cooktop. Since the technology would directly heat the pot on the cooktop, there would be no heat loss as a result no energy loss would be taken place either.
2. They are Faster
Apart from being energy efficient, the induction cooktops are faster than other cooktops as well. Since there are no heat loss and the pot would be placed directly on the cooktop, it will heat up faster. A pot of water can be boiled in a couple of minutes (maximum) whereas the traditional cooktops take 4-5 minutes.
3. It’s Safer
The portable induction cooktops are also very much safer than the other cooktops. They use advanced technology and you won’t have to worry about leaving the burner on, because it would automatically shut off when there is no pot or pan is placed on the burner.
4. Easy to Clean and Maintain
Since it has a smooth and flat surface, it is pretty easy to clean as well. If you accidentally spill something over, you won’t have to worry about it getting burned or dried up. A single wipe would be enough to clean it.
5. They are Precise
If you love cooking and want everything perfect and accurate then induction cooktops should be perfect for you. You can set the ideal temperature and get the perfect temperatures for the recipe you are cooking.
6. Uses Less Space
One of the advantages of buying a portable induction cooktop is that you don’t have to worry about space. They are compact and takes less room which makes them ideal for a small kitchen or someone who is living alone or traveling. They are also light in weight so they would be easy to set up anywhere you want.
So these are some of the benefits that you would get with portable induction cooktops.
Now the questions are which one you should buy? Well, fortunately, there are so many options available in the market right now and you can easily find one for yourself. But it may be a little tiresome to find a good enough portable induction cooktop among hundreds of the options available right now.
So to help you out, we have selected the top 15 portable induction cooktops for you. These are the best ones right now and people have given their positives reviews to them as well. We have also included a buying guide for portable induction cooktops at the end of the article so that you can know how to choose the best one for yourself.
Here is the list of the 15 best induction cooktops.
- 1 What are Induction Cooktops and How Do They Work?
- 2 What are the Benefits of Portable Induction Cooktops?
- 3 Best Portable Induction Cooktops
- 3.1 1. Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop
- 3.2 2. NuWave PIC Pro Highest Powered Induction Cooktop 1800W
- 3.3 3. Rosewill Induction Cooktop with Stainless Steel Pot
- 3.4 4. Sunpentown Induction Cooktop
- 3.5 5. True Induction MD-2B Mini Duo Portable Counter Inset Double Burner Induction Cooktop
- 3.6 6. iSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop
- 3.7 7. Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop
- 3.8 8. Secura 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
- 3.9 9. HomeLabs Portable Induction Cooktop
- 3.10 10. Cusimax Portable Electric Stove
- 3.11 11. Copper Chef Induction Cooktop (Copper)
- 3.12 12. Tramontina 80116/522DS
- 3.13 13. BergHOFF 1810027 Single Touch Screen Induction
- 3.14 14. Fagor Induction Cooktop
- 3.15 15. Mr. Induction SPT SR-964TS
- 3.16 Things to Consider While Buying the Best Portable Induction Cooktops (Buying Guide):
- 3.17 Conclusion:
Best Portable Induction Cooktops
Our first pick for the best portable induction cooktop is Duxtop. It is one of the leading choices for a portable induction cooktop and almost all people who are looking for a compact and efficient induction cooktop are buying it.It’s a lightweight and single burner that uses standard 120 volts, 15 amp electrical outlet. It is compact and easy to store and move around. The induction cooktop comes with 10 different temperature settings, ranging from 140 to 460 degrees Fahrenheit and 10 Power levels ranging from 200 to 1800W.It also features a digital control panel which includes a countdown timer. It also features the auto-pan detection safety feature that would turn it off if there is no pan or pot for 60 seconds. A low and high warning system is also present. This one comes in gold and silver finishes.Key Features
- 10 temperature settings (140-460°F)
- 10 power ranges (200-1800W)
- Comes with a display panel that includes a countdown timer
- Automatic shut off after 60 seconds if there is no pan or pot detected on the surface
- High and low warning system
NuWave PIC is another one of the best portable Induction Cooktops that you may want to buy. Its larger heating space is one of the reasons why this one is so popular nowadays. It has a 9 and a half-inch induction surface. This one features 94 temperature settings with 5-degree increments.It is 1800W powered so you can expect an efficient cooking experience with this one. It quickly heats the surface and you won’t need to wait for heating it. Although it may stay hot for a while after you have turned it off. It’s a single burner cooktop and it is quite convenient to use anywhere you wish. It does feature a display panel along with the control buttons which are pretty convenient to understand and use.Key Features
- Features 94 temperature settings with 5-degree increments
- 1800W powered portable induction cooktop
- Faster and efficient
- The display panel is present and the controls are very easy to use
Rosewill Induction Cooktop does make a nice choice for the best portable induction cooktop for you. It is very popular and comes with some of the best features as well.The portable induction cooktop features 8 power settings as well as temperature settings (with a maximum power of 1800W and a maximum temperature of 450-degree Fahrenheit). There is a large LED display present and there is a three-hour timer setting as well.Apart from all this, you will also get a stainless steel pot with it. It would be helpful for the people who have less space and less cookware as well. The design is pretty good and it certainly looks good enough and easy to use as well. Above all, you are getting this for a fair price as well.Key Features
- 8 Power as well as temperature settings
- Comes with a stainless steel pot
- Features LED display along with three-hour timer
Sunpentown Induction Cooktop would also impress you as it comes with some of the best features. This portable induction cooktop takes very little storage place and is pretty slim a lightweight. The induction cooktop features both cooking and warming mode which is convenient and helpful in many cases. Its digital display features controls and details of the temperature as well.It features 13 temperature settings reaching up to 390-degree Fahrenheit and 7 power settings. The timer and touch control lock make sure of the safety and it would be ideal for people with kids. One of the things that have impressed us most is its speed as it quickly heats up and cooks food in no time. Some might say it’s faster than a microwave.Key Features
- 13 temperature settings and 7 power settings
- Slim, lightweight and takes up less space
- Safety features – timer and touch lock
- It is one of the fastest portable induction cooktops
True Induction MD-2B Mini is another one of the best portable induction cooktops that you would want to invest in. It is a double burner which means if you are going to cook for more than 2 people or more than two dishes at the same time, you may wanna stick with this one. This portable induction cooktop is known for its versatility and user-friendly technology.Even though it features two cooktops, it’s smaller in size which makes it the perfect choice for smaller houses, smaller kitchens, and even mobile kitchens or houses. It is not only quickly heats up, but it will also immediately starts to cool down after the pan is removed.It uses 1800W of power and it will be divided among the two burners. It has a temperature limit and after that, it won’t heat up anymore. One of the best things is this cooktop comes with 2 years of warranty and it also comes with 60 days of trial period so you can’t really go wrong with the product!Key Features
- 1800W powered induction cooktop
- Two burners and it can be used anywhere
- Features a threshold temperature
- Comes with 2 years of warranty and 60 day trial period
6. iSiLER Portable Induction CooktopiSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop has also made a place for itself in our list of best portable induction cooktops. This one is perfect for those who are looking for something high-tech and well-built.It features user-friendly controls that make the whole cooking experience fun and easy. Multiple cooking settings would impress anyone who loves to cook. The induction cooktop also features a timer and safety settings. The timer can be set for three hours with 1-minute increments and the safety feature includes a child safety lock and overheating protection (it will shut off if the temperature rises to a certain level).The power ranges from 100W to 1800W so it’s reliable and fast. The temperature settings range from 140 degrees to 460 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can easily cook multiple recipes. It also features a fan that immediately dissipates heat. Its fully customizable settings have made it every cook’s favorite.Key Features
- The power ranges from 100W to 1800W
- The temperature settings range from 140 degrees to 460 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fully customizable settings
- Safety features include child lock
- High tech and versatile
Cuisinart is one of the most reputed brands for home appliances and that is why we had to check out a Cuisinart portable induction cooktop and we found what we were looking for!It’s a dual burner that can go nicely in your kitchen and you can cook anything you want as well. The temperature settings vary for the two burners, there are 8 settings for the right burner and 5 settings for the left burner. Each of the burners comes with a 150-minute timer as well.For a safety feature, it will turn off 30 seconds after the pan or pot is removed. This would go well with small places or if you have to move from one place to another frequently. Its surface can be cleaned with a single wipe. It’s lightweight, sleek, and takes less storage space as well. Overall, it might be your next portable induction cooktop easily.Key Features
- Features two burners, each with different temperature settings
- Highly efficient and convenient to work with
- A large intuitive control panel also makes it easier to cook
- It will be turned off automatically if there is no pan or pot detected for 30 seconds
8. Secura 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop BurnerSecura is also a leading choice for a portable induction cooktop. This one features some of the best features as well.For starters, this one is a 1800W powered induction cooktop and the power ranges from 200 to 1800W (15 power levels). The temperature ranges from 140 to 460 degrees Fahrenheit. It will cook food without heating the entire room and it is pretty good at what it does.There is a 170-minute built-in counter timer. The safety features include auto-pan detection, diagnostic error message, and a high voltage warning system. The digital plan is well built and the controls are intuitive and user friendly. Lastly, the product comes up with a year of warranty.Key Features
- 15 power levels are ranging from 200W-1800W and temperature ranges from 140-460°F
- Safety features included and high voltage alarm warming is also present.
- A 170-minute timer is also included
- The product comes with one year warranty
9. HomeLabs Portable Induction CooktopHomeLabs, too, is a reputed brand that you can always rely on and trust when it comes to home appliances. It’s a single burner that features 10 temperature settings, so you get to cook what you want with ease. But this isn’t all that it offers, the induction cooktop also features 6 cooking modes including fry, boil, and simmer.It also features an LCD all-touch display which is pretty easy to control and work with. The smooth glass surface makes it pretty easy to clean it as well. You will be getting numerous benefits with this one but the best of all would be its price. If you don’t want to break the bank and looking for a branded portable induction cooktop that can give you the value for your money then, HomeLabs should be your first choice.Key Features
- Comes with 10 temperature settings and 6 cooking modes
- A well-designed LCD all-touch control panel
- Comes at a reasonable price and gives value for your money
Cusimax is every campers or travelers favorite who doesn’t want to compromise with home-cooked comfort food while they are away from home. It’s lightweight and takes up pretty little space so it would be easy to carry around or move from one place to another.It includes two burners that make it easier to cook two dishes at one time. Each burner has its own temperature knob. The induction cooktop heats up pretty quickly and it also comes with safety features like auto shut-off!Key Features
- Has a two-burner, each has its own temperature knob
- The portable induction cooktop works effectively and safely
- It comes with an 18-month warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee too.
- Worth the price and won’t empty your pockets
Copper Chef offers some of the best features in their portable induction cooktop that it becomes hard to ignore. It is compact and lightweight and makes a perfect choice for extra cookware or something to travel with.This one features a temperature range from 100 to 500°F with a 10-degree increment. The timer and auto shut-off features are also present. It also has 5 different cooking modes. It is a pretty good option and at some level one of the most efficient portable cooktops as well.Key Features
- Temperature ranges from 100-500°F with 10-degree increments
- Comes with safety features and user-friendly controls
- High tech technology and reliable performance
12. Tramontina 80116/522DSThe best portable induction cooktop on our list is Tramontina. It comes with a pan and a lid so it can be a smart choice for those who are short on cookwares. The pan and lid are made of stainless steel and they feature good quality.It is designed for convenience and safety along with efficiency and it has lived up to the expectations as well. It features a good temperature range, power output, and safety features as well. It would be ideal to take away on camping trips or cook food outdoors.Key Features
- Comes with a pan and lid
- 1500W powered induction cooktop
- Affordable and gives value for money
13. BergHOFF 1810027 Single Touch Screen InductionBergHOFF comes with simple controls and features only a few buttons on the control panel. So in a way, it is an old-school-styled portable induction cooktop with modern technology.There is a 150 minutes timer and LED lights are also present on the cooktop. Its temperature ranges from 150 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit so you would get precise temperature settings as well. Although the plastic present in the body of the cooktop may worry some customers, but other than that it is completely reliable and a decent pick.Key Features
- Temperature ranges from 150-450°F
- Safety features, counter timer, and LED lights are available
- Simple controls make it ideal for elderly
14. Fagor Induction CooktopFagor comes with many promises and it would live up to all of them. It is a well heard European brand that is known for its quality products.The cooktop features 8 cooking settings along with temperatures ranging from 140 degrees Fahrenheit to 465 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s a 1800W powered induction cooktop so it would quickly heat up. The 180-minute timer also makes it a reliable option. There are several safety features that make it an ideal option if you have a kid in your house.Key Features
- Temperature ranges from 140- 465 degree Fahrenheit
- Comes with 180 minutes timer
- The safety features and quality of the product makes it a reliable option
Mr. Induction is as impressive as its name. It would be the perfect cooking assistance you ever have. The induction cooktop features a temperature range of 100 to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and there are a total of 7 power settings as well.Surprisingly the timer can go up to 8 hours. For safety features, it has an automatic turn-off and control lock, so it is kid-friendly as well.Key Features
- The temperature range starts from 100 F and it can be increased up to 390°F
- Auto shut off and control lock features are available
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Portable Induction Cooktops (Buying Guide):1. Size and WeightThe size and the weight of the portable induction cooktops might be some of the most important things to consider. Since they are portable, they should be light in weight and small in size so it becomes easier to carry them around and move from one place to another.You might wanna buy only one burner cooktop or even two if you need, as they would be ideal portable cooktops.
2. PowerYou might wanna buy a powerful induction cooktop as the speed and efficiency would totally depend on the power it would use. The power would determine, how fast it would boil or cook and how efficient it is.The power would be measured in watts and it indicates different cooking modes the power would depend on the model, but, most of the induction cooktops feature a range of power that can be increased and decreased as per your needs and requirements. Many cooktops start at 100 watts but they can go all the way up to 1800 watts, so you can choose one that meets your requirements.
3. Heating RangeThe heating range is, too, an important criterion that you need to consider while buying a portable induction cooktop for yourself.Generally, induction cooktops come with many temperature settings so you can easily find one that would meet your needs. They would be not high and low settings that you can generally expect but they would be precise and you can easily choose a temperature range for your recipes that needs precise temperature.
4. Extra FeaturesThere are so many other features that come with portable induction cooktops. These features would make induction cooking more efficient, convenient, precise, and safe. These features are safety locks, timers, digital displays, and so on.
5. Model, Design, and BrandThese things are not the primary concern but they can be important. So you may wanna check the brand value and what kind of model you are buying and what features you would get with this. Design, too, can be an important criterion to consider.
6. Customer ReviewsBefore buying anything, you may wanna check the customer reviews for that product. It’s pretty simple and helpful because the people who are using the cooktops can tell you best about them. You may find the perfect one by checking the reviews as well.
7. Cost and Value for MoneyThe cost may be an important thing to consider because you may not want to overspend. It would be helpful if you make a budget and then look for the best portable induction cooktop in that price range.You should also see if the money you are spending on the portable induction cooktop is worth it or not. It’s pretty simple to see whether the features and the efficiency of the induction cooktop do justice to the price.
Conclusion:Overall these are the features that you may wanna consider while buying a portable induction cooktop for yourself.Here we have come to an end for our article The 15 Best Portable Induction Cooktops, and we hope you got everything you have been looking for. We have listed down the cooktops that are convenient, efficient, and overall best for you. And we hope that you have found the best one for yourself to buy as well.