If you work with wood then you must know the importance of portable sawmills. Thankfully, people don’t need to rely on the bugger sawmills or rent them often as they can easily find sawmills that are portable, affordable, and easy to use and maintain.
A portable sawmill is a tool that would completely change how you used to work with the wood logs easier. These machines or tools are designed with excellent features that provide faster cutting for your projects. These are also mobile which means can be easily moved and used wherever or wherever necessary. These can easily cut lumber and accuracy with their unique features. The portable sawmills will increase your productivity and minimize your efforts so that you can efficiently work and make something pretty out of a wood log.
Mostly, a portable sawmill is used for personal or heavy-duty projects such as carpentry or DIY projects, so these are not professional-grade machines yet can be a lot of use for those who like to work with wood. These are also pretty easy to use and maintain so there won’t be much hassle here. All you need to do is to find a good enough portable sawmill for yourself.
There are many portable sawmills available in the market for us to buy yet you might want to take your time and choose the best one for yourself to get the best quality and high-end performance. Many people seek help from the internet to find the best portable sawmill so that they can get the best one on their ideal budget and with excellent features. Since you are here, you must be looking for the best portable sawmill as well, and we are not going to disappoint you.
In this article, we have selected the top portable sawmills that you can buy and use. We have also shared a little buying guide at the end of the article so that you can know what to buy and how to choose.
Go ahead and have a look at the following best portable sawmills and choose your favorite among these.
- 1 Best Portable Sawmills
- 1.1 1. CARMYRA PORTABLE CHAINSAW MILL
- 1.2 2. Norwood Sawmill HD36
- 1.3 3. Wood-Mizer LT15
- 1.4 4. YEEZUNGO Sawmill For Sawbar
- 1.5 5. Hongtai Hihydro Sawmill
- 1.6 6. Co-Z Portable Chainsaw Mill
- 1.7 7. Granberg MK-IV Alaskan Chainsaw Mill
- 1.8 8. TTF Chainsaw Mill Portable
- 1.9 9. Imony Portable Chainsaw Mill
- 1.10 10. Norwood Portable Sawmill LM29
- 1.11 11. Norwood Portamill Chainsaw Sawmill
- 1.12 Things to Consider While Buying Best Portable Sawmill:
- 1.13 Conclusion
Best Portable Sawmills
Our first choice for the best portable sawmill is none other than Carmyra. This one is very popular among carpenters or people who like to work with woods for DIY projects as it features excellent quality and even better performance. The portable sawmill is made up of aluminum and high-grade steel which makes it a high-quality portable sawmill that is reliable and durable. It can easily cut several kinds of woods such as walnut, cedar, oak, etc. It also doesn’t disappoint us with its high-quality lumber.It can cut lumber ranging from 0.5-13 inch thickness and 36-inch width. You can easily attach it with a saw without a drill. You would be surprised to know that this portable sawmill is not only used for domestic or peruse for light-duty projects but it is also used for commercial purposes and high-end projects too. It also comes with automation quality which makes it excellent to work with and it is also very quick as well.Overall, this is a reasonably priced and budget-friendly portable sawmill to invest in and you will get the best value for your bucks as well.
Norwood HD36 Sawmill is undoubtedly one of the best portable sawmills to invest in and you would most certainly like this one as well. It can cut massive logs of either hardwood or softwood, it would work on them with the same intensity and provide you a desirable result as well. The portable sawmill can work for longer hours without any hassle either. Customers also like the fact that it is very fast and convenient given its unique and outstanding features.This portable sawmill is made up of high-grade steel and sabertooth band saw blades which makes it durable and long-lasting so it would be a one-time investment and it will serve you for a long time which means you will get the best value for your money. The portability of this sawmill is pretty high and you won’t have any issues taking it from one place to another. The best part is, it can be easily used in massive projects as well, so you would be good to go.Overall, this should be your first option to go for if you are looking for a high-end portable sawmill that can work on various woods and can be used on massive projects as well.
Wood-Mizer LT15 has also made a place on our list of portable sawmills and you would certainly like this one as well. This portable sawmill is a compact and powerhouse for hobbyists, small farmers, and timer farmers. It is made up of U.S steel which means you don’t have to worry about its quality or durability. The portable sawmill is ruling the market nowadays for its amazing features and high-end quality as well. This one is gas-powered so you don’t have to rely on electricity and can use it anywhere and anytime.The sawmill can handle the log length of 17.8″ and log diameter of 28″. It is quite heavy but can be easily moved. This portable sawmill is customizable so you can use it at your convenience and it also provides list assistance. The optional power feed is also an advantage. Although it is gas-powered, the diesel and electric engines are also present, so you can use them as you like.Overall, this is a versatile portable sawmill and you would be pretty happy to invest in this one. You will certainly use it on various projects without any hassle.
YEEZUNGO Sawmill by Lukcase has also made a place on our list of best portable sawmills. Customers have given it huge ratings and lots of positive reviews which makes it a desirable portable sawmill. The reason why we and its other customers liked this product is that it is lightweight and easy to handle and you would find it easy to work with as well.It is also one of the safe portable sawmills as it comes with protective perspex that can prevent various injuries while you are working with it. The milling bar size varies from 14 to 36 inches so you would be able to work with some big chunks of wood as well. This portable sawmill is made up of stainless steel that makes it highly durable and easy to work with. It is hand-powered so that might be a drawback if you prefer otherwise.This portable sawmill is ideal for carpenters, woodworkers, or homeowners, so if you are one among these, this is the ideal portable sawmill for you to invest in.
Hongtai Hihydro Sawmill is also a leading choice for portable sawmills that you can find right now in the market. This one is also made from durable stainless steel and it ensures a long-lasting and high-end performance for its users. The portable sawmill is lightweight and rigid which makes it easier to handle and use. It can also be converted into a chainsaw machine so you can use it for various purposes as well.The portable sawmill would be ideal for log size from 14 inches to 36 inches, so it is ideal for most of us. It is well built and features excellent performance which makes it a top-rated portable sawmill on Amazon. What we like the most about this portable sawmill is its affordable price tag so you don’t have to think much before buying it.Overall, it is something that you would like the most, so go ahead and take a look at this one.
Co-Z is also a top portable sawmill that you would like to know about and invest in. This one is also made up of aluminum and steel which makes it durable, lightweight, and of high quality. People like the fact that this portable sawmill is highly customizable and can be used for many purposes as it is versatile. Other than this it is highly portable and easy to work with.Moreover, this portable sawmill can handle the log size from 14 inches to 36 inches, so you will be good to go. Overall, this can last for many years and can be used indoors or outdoors. So go ahead and check it out, you might want to buy it right away.
Granberg has also caught our attention and become one of the best portable sawmills that you can buy. This one can handle log sizes up to 30 inches. The portable sawmill is very light in weight and is pretty easy to handle even for a beginner. It also comes with a manual that is easy to read and follow. It also allows the easy adjustment of cutting depth which makes it more efficient. Overall, it is sturdy, long-lasting, and affordable which makes it one of the top portable sawmills under budget.
TTF Chainsaw Mill Portable is also an amazing choice for anyone looking for a decent sawmill that is portable and highly efficient. With the standard log size, from 14 to 36 inches, you would be able to do many projects. This portable sawmill is also made up of stainless steel and can easily cut walnut, oak, and cedarwood.
Imony is another best budget portable sawmill that you need to know about. This one is also made up of aluminum and steel and comes with a manufacturer warranty just like the above-mentioned portable sawmills. You can easily use it anywhere near your home or even in the woods. It is lightweight and easy to work with, so you can’t go wrong with this one.
We know how amazing the Norwood brand is when it comes to sawmills and this is one is no exception. Made with excellent and high-grade material it ensures a great performance and makes sharp cuts into various kinds of woods. The height of the portable sawmill is adjustable and so are its blades. One of the best features of this portable sawmill is that it produces less waste.
We have yet another portable sawmill on our list from Norwood. It is easy to assemble and handle which saves a lot of time and effort. It is quick to connect to accessories as well. The portable sawmill is also very adjustable and customizable. There are many safety features also included as well.
Things to Consider While Buying Best Portable Sawmill:Since there are so many options for portable sawmills, choosing one among them can be a daunting task, and especially when you don’t know enough about the portable sawmills this is why you need to know what to look for while buying a portable sawmill. So here are some factors that you would like to consider in portable sawmills:
1. Log SizeOne of the first things that you need to look for would be the size of the log that can be worked on with the machine. There are some limitations when it comes to the size of the log and it varies from one machine to another. You might want to look at the log size that can be worked on.
2. Slab WidthSlab width is also something that you need to look for while buying the portable sawmill for yourself. It is the width of the board so you might want to go with the specifications. Make sure you are satisfied with the Slab width and it is ideal for your projects as well.
3. PortabilityWhen it comes to choosing the best portable sawmill you can’t ignore the portability. You don’t want to compromise with the portability as it can affect your work efficiency and productivity. Since you are looking for a portable sawmill, you would want to move it around and use it wherever you see fit, so it would be ideal that the sawmill you are buying is lightweight, so it doesn’t feel too heavy to carry around or work with. Other than this, the size can also impact the portability and you might want to choose a size you are comfortable working with. You can also see if it has any handles and is easy to store.
4. Type of Portable SawmillAnother thing that you need to look for would be the type of portable sawmills. There are three major types of portable sawmills such as sawmills on trailers, ground set up sawmills, and small portable sawmills.The sawmills on trailers are easy to move around and it would be easy to work with as well. The easy log handling is another reason why more people are interested in this one.With ground sawmills, you will need to set it up and dissemble whenever you have to use it. These come at reasonable and affordable prices and rolling logs over the mills is pretty easy.Choose the type of sawmill that you find the ideal for your use and the kind of projects that you normally perform.
5. How to Maintain a Portable SawmillBefore you buy a sawmill, make sure you know how to use it and how to maintain it afterward, otherwise, you might break it or reduce its efficiency. There might be something different that you need to follow to maintain a particular sawmill.
6. Overall PerformanceThe next thing that you might wanna look for would be the overall performance of the portable sawmill. Look for the important features and see if it is exactly what you would need for your wood projects or carpeting. It is important to know what you are spending money on.
7. CostPrice can never be out of the things that you need to consider while buying any product and it is not an exception here either. So it would be ideal if you look at your budget and then look for the best portable sawmill within that budget. You don’t want to spend more than you should and also you should look at the value for the price too. Make sure that the portable sawmill you are buying is worth your money and it comes with that many features as well. You can also compare a particular product to its competitors to know whether you are getting a good enough deal or not.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best portable sawmills that you need to know about. We have selected the best out of the best so you would be good to go. There are so many amazing features in all of these aforementioned portable sawmills. These are high-performing, feature-packed, easy to use, portable, and reasonably priced portable sawmills, which means you will get good value for your money.So go ahead and choose the one you found most useful for yourself and get on your next wood project as well. That would be all and we hope you found everything you have been looking for, thank you.