Arranged marriages can be pretty scary but most people around the world do seem to give it a chance (as it has a high success rate). So if you are also giving an arranged marriage a shot then you are not alone. We don’t live in the 18th century, so both the people have the right to ask questions and then decide whether they would want to take the next step or not.
The reason why arranged marriages are more successful is that both the people can talk about their expectations and needs and make everything clear before they engage in anything serious. This seems to be a great idea as you both would get to know each other’s boundaries, beliefs, and expectations and if they are something that you both are willing to work on or handle then you guys would be the perfect match.
There are plenty of things that must be on your mind. Especially for the guys who are meeting a girl for the first time. They would want to be sincere and gentlemanly in front of the girl and still would like to ask questions to get to know them better.
While you may have your own questions to ask or the things to share, there are a few questions that are must ask a girl before an arranged marriage. We don’t want you to neglect or overlook those questions and that is why we are here to help you out.
In this article, we are about to share a list of questions you can ask a girl before arranged marriage without any fear or hesitation and without coming off as rude or insensitive either. So go ahead and take a look at the following best questions to ask a girl before arranged marriage:
Questions To Ask Girl Before Arranged Marriage
1. Are you ready for marriage?It is one of the questions that you need to ask when you first meet a girl to arrange a marriage meeting. Most of the time the girls are forced to get married or there is some kind of pressure on them as well. So it would be better to know if she is ready for marriage and doing so willingly. Once you know that you both are ready for marriage, you can ask further questions to get to know each other better.
2. Ask about her profession.The professional life and career for a woman are as important as they would be for a man. So naturally, her career and profession would be a big part of your life too if you two decide to move further. So before committing to each other, it would be ideal if you talk about your career and profession.This is a pretty good topic to talk about in your respective fields and if you two will be comfortable adjusting to each other’s work life.You can also ask about things like what you guys would do if one of you needs to move to a different city for a while if your job requires you to travel, and how much time the job requires.Getting to know their work and schedule is as important as any other thing and you might want to know that perfectly and let them know about your work.
3. What are your future dreams?When you marry someone their dreams also become a big part of your life and you don’t want to neglect that in any way. So if you are meeting the girl for an arranged marriage, you might want to ask this.Her dreams would determine your daily life and how passionate she is about herself. This might also give you a hint of the life you will have with her or how you can help her to achieve those dreams as well.She might have some wishes, such as going on a dream vacation, buying a house, or anything like that. This would also help you get to know her a little better.
4. What are your expectations from your husband?This is a big question and it would also help you know whether you can be the husband she wants or looking forward to. This would help you know what she expects from her better half and if you would be able to meet those expectations.
5. Talk about finances and how she would handle that.This is also a crucial topic to discuss before getting married. Most people have arguments about money in their married life. You would like to know her financial goals and how she would handle her finances in the future.If she likes to shop frequently, this is going to be a little hard on you in the future, and if you are the one with crazy expenses and she is someone who has financial limits and savings then this would also lead to arguments in the future. So it would be better if you are on the same page when it comes to finances.
6. Is she religious?Religion is also a big thing for everyone. Some might follow all the rituals and take their religion seriously while others might not think about it too much. What religion she follows and her faith and beliefs are something you agree upon is pretty necessary to know before you get married to her.Make your thoughts on religion clear before you move forward too and what you are willing to compromise on and what not.
7. What do you like to do for fun?Again, you must know what she enjoys and what not. This is because those are the activities she would enjoy the most and you will have to participate in those activities at some point in your life.There must be a few common things that you both like and enjoy so you can spend some quality time. Even if you guys don’t enjoy those things, you should be at least willing to give it a try and vice versa.
8. Thoughts about kids.There are a lot of questions about kids that you should talk about before getting married. First of all, see if they want to have kids at all or not, and make sure you are on the same page.Furthermore, you should know about their parenting style or how they would like to raise their kids. This topic doesn’t have to be on your first meeting, but it would be important to discuss before you take things forward.
9. Discuss house chores.This is also something you want to ask about or at least have a discussion about it. You can’t expect a girl to do all the house chores as you both will have to do household chores like cooking, cleaning, laundry, and so on. It is not a big deal she doesn’t like to do all of it but there has to be a middle ground.You should know how she likes her house to be, does it have to be very clean or she is just lazy when it comes to cleaning. This thing can also affect your relationship in the future so you should not ignore it.
10. What is her relationship with her family?That’s also a crucial thing to know about a person. Everyone has a different environment growing up with different sets of people, some might be a part of a happy family who enjoys spending time with each other while others may only meet for Thanksgiving. Both of these situations are fine, but if there is something that might concern you in the future about her family or her relationship with her family, then you should talk about it.
11. What would be her relationship with her in-laws.If you want your wife to get along with your family, then this is the question you should not ignore. While it may sound a bit different, asking about her ideal relationship with the in-laws is also important.You can also ask if she would like to live with your family or separately (some families or guys prefer living with their family). This would certainly give you so much to think about and help you make a decision.
12. Are there any deal breakers?This is also something you should know before getting married. We all have some deal-breakers that we can’t cope with no matter what, sometimes these are big while sometimes they can be small, either way, you will have to respect that for your whole life so it is something you should know about.
13. Are there any questions for me?When you have asked everything you have needed to know about her, it is time to let her speak her mind or ask things that she might have to ask. This would also get you some insights on how she is as a person and what are her expectations plus you seem like a gentleman too.
ConclusionSo these are some of the questions that you need to ask a girl before an arranged marriage. It is better to know a girl by what she believes and wants rather than assume or wait for her to share these details at some point in her life.A successful marriage is not guaranteed in these times, but you can avoid a lot of misunderstandings and conflicts just by making yourself clear and knowing the boundaries of other people. So make sure to ask these questions before an arranged marriage.That would be all and we hope you got everything you have been looking for and found this article helpful.