We need not to tell you about the growing crisis of water scarcity as almost every country of the world is suffering from the problem of water scarcity. The problem which causes the water scarcity the ways we waste the water and not try to save the water in any way. It’s bad enough that we are losing the groundwater with each passing day and above that, we are wasting the best resource of water which is the Rainwater too as we are not even trying to save the rainwater.
Essay On Rain water harvesting
Water Harvesting is the best method of saving the water and our ancestors were using it for meeting their water needs for the upcoming year by harvesting the water in the monsoon season. Then why can’t we do it too? I guess because we are not aware of the subject of Rainwater harvesting and it’s significance.Let’s talk about the benefits as well as the techniques of water harvesting so you can see the big picture and start harvesting the water too.
Benefits of the water harvesting-
- Will be easy on your water bill:- the first benefit we are stating is where you can save money by reducing the water bill. I am sure you would be interested in that, don’t you? If you have harvested the rainwater you will be less dependent on the tap water which will eventually save some money.
- Less dependency on groundwater too:- it’s a well-known fact that we are dependent on the groundwater for our water needs since the water bodies are either drying out or being polluted. So for the countries where the dependency on groundwater is more than they should initiate the water harvesting in the larger level as well as aware people about that too.
- The harvested rainwater might not be good for drinking but it is perfect for using in the other household work such as washing clothes, cleaning dishes, cleaning the cars or anything and most importantly it will be work for watering the plants as well.
Methods to harvest rainwater-
- The most popular way to harvest the water is rainwater harvesting. In this technique, the water collected from the roof or a house or building should be eliminated in the storage tank. And the storage tank should be compatible with the water needs and requirements.
- Here the pipe that connects the roof and the storage tank should be equipped with necessary filters. And the tank should have an excess water flow system as well. Since the water collected from the roof will be stored in the tank, it can be easily used for our secondary water requirements such as washing clothes and cleaning, which will imply less stress on tap water.
So these were the benefits and the method to harvest the rainwater and we hope you understood the importance of it. The day isn’t far when we all will face the scarcity of water so it’s advisable to save the as tiny amount of water as we can!