Being a nurse is not an easy job, and we all can agree on this statement. A nurse will have to work for longer hours and fewer breaks, they are the ones that take care of us and our loved ones whenever we are too sick to take care of ourselves. With the global pandemic, we saw what nurses have to go through on a daily basis and how much effort they have to put into their jobs every day. A big part of their job is to stand for long hours or even run from one patient to another to assist them. So their feet must work harder than we can imagine and that is why the shoes are one of the most important things for a nurse.
Although there are too many amazing shoes available in the market, when it comes to buying shoes for nurses, you will have to be extra careful and attentive because they have to be best for you. Even with the regular shoes, we have to think about so many things so that naturally with all the extra hours of standing and running through the hospital, a nurse would need the perfect shoes that can keep their feet comfortable.
Here is how shoes for nurses are different from regular shoes:
Nursing shoes are lightweight as nurses have to walk around a lot
Made of sturdy, durable, and waterproof material, so they can last for a long time by being resistant to spillage or other damage
They have anti-slip soles or bottom which helps nurses to run and easily walk around the hospital with slippery tiles
Soles with added cushioning helps to reduce the impacts on knees, ankles, and spine
Slip-on closure for easy to wear and less time-consuming experience
If you are looking for the best shoes for nurses then you have reached the best place and we are not going to disappoint you either. In this article, we have selected and reviewed the top 10 shoes for nurses that you can buy and wear every day and do your job with your 100% and take care of your feet as well. If you need more help you can check out the buying guide for shoes for nurses at the end of the article to know more about the perfect shoes for nurses.
Let’s take a glance at the best shoes for nurses:
- 1 Best Shoes For Nurses
- 1.1 1. Sloggers Women’s Waterproof Shoe
- 1.2 2. Dansko Women’s Professional Cabrio Clog
- 1.3 3. Brooks Ghost 13 Sneakers
- 1.4 4. Slow Man Women’s Walking Shoes
- 1.5 5. Clarks CloudStepper Sillian Paz Slip On Loafers
- 1.6 6. Skechers Sure Track Trickel Shoes
- 1.7 7. Nurse Mates Dove Slip-Ons
- 1.8 8. Nike Revolution 5 Sneakers
- 1.9 9. Calzuro Classic Clogs with Holes
- 1.10 10. Sanita Professional Oil Clogs
- 1.11 Buying Guide for Shoes for Nurses:
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Shoes For Nurses
For all the nurses that have to spend a lot of time in the ER or giving personal care to one patient at a time, this waterproof shoe is a must-have. The Sloggers Women’s Waterproof Shoe is everything a nurse can get. As its name suggests, these shoes are fully waterproof which means even if something spilled over the shoe you can easily get rid of it without getting your feet wet or feeling unhygienic. We all know that hospitals are not very sanitary places, especially for the nurses, so waterproof shoes are a must-have.These are very comfortable and ideal for a nurse as they can wear them for long hours without feeling fatigued or discomfort. These are also very lightweight which makes it easier to walk in them for a longer time. They are made up of 100% recyclable material which means you will be helping the environment as well. The soft and flexible upper material is pretty easy to clean.Overall, you will certainly love these best shoes for nurses as you will get great value for money too.
The next top-rated shoes for nurses that we have on our list are none other than Dansko Women’s Professional Cabrio Clog shoes. These look very tough and rugged, which means they are highly durable and will stay there for a long time. The shoes are smartly designed to provide the maximum level of comfort for women’s feet and make sure they can work for longer hours without getting tired or getting any discomfort to their feet.One of the other best things about these shoes is that they range in designs and you can easily choose something fun or something serious based on your job and your personality. This one features a wide toe area which makes them highly comfortable for nurses with wider feet. The shoes are made up of leather which makes them easier to clean and also long-lasting. The outsole is made up of polyurethane which is great for shock absorption and protection against injury. Here, these are also easy to clean and offer greater stability. The cushioning is also a plus point.Overall, for female nurses, these are undoubtedly one of the best shoes, so go ahead and take a look at them. You should also know that these are approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
If you are looking for a lace-up kind of shoes then you might want to look at the Brooks Ghost 13 Sneakers and these are undoubtedly one of the top shoes for nurses. What impressed us the most about these shoes for nurses is the design that is similar to running shoes. So if your nurse shift involves a lot of running from one part of the hospital to another then these are the must-have nursing shoes.The shoes provide tons of cushioning which ensures the maximum level of comfort and stability, so you can easily take your long shifts without any issues. The shoes also feature a comfortable and secure fit that would make your job a lot easier than you can imagine.Overall, these are some of the best shoes for nurses, and it would be easier for someone who has to run a lot. These shoes have got lots of positive reviews and high ratings by nurses so you will be good to go with them.
4. Slow Man Women’s Walking ShoesSlow Man Women’s Walking Shoes has also made it to our list of best shoes for nurses and you are going to love it as well. These are slip-on type shoes that will be easy to take on and off compared to the lace-up shoes. But to everyone who liked the lace-up shoes more, these come with the lace-up design so you would love how they look.These shoes are lightweight and made up of breathable material. It would be easy to take longer shifts without getting your feet all sweaty or having a heavy feeling with the shoes. The non-slip rubber is also a plus point and makes you feel more secure while wearing it. It is made up of high-quality material which got a lot of positive reviews for its quality and durability. You will also like the perforated arch for ventilation. Although these shoes are not waterproof, they might be just perfect for some of the nurses out there.Lastly, these shoes are highly stylish and comfortable which is why it makes them one of the top-rated shoes for nurses as well.
These loafers from Clarks also make one of the best shoes for nurses that you can find. These loafers are well made and smartly designed for nurses and other professionals who need to be on their feet for a longer time. These look pretty good and give a professional look as well as are highly comfortable as well.The shoes are highly breathable so you don’t feel sweaty. These also feature the shock absorption ability which would be helpful if you ate running or walking for a longer time. The shows are also water-resistant so a little spillage won’t make you uncomfortable. The fabric and liner are soft and lightweight. You will also find the removable cushion soft ortholite footbed which is machine washable.Furthermore, these are pretty amazing and got high reviews as well. You won’t have to worry about the comfort or the breathability issues here. Just make sure that you choose your size correctly. These are worth every penny you spend on them, so take a look at them.
Skechers is one of the biggest shoe brands and you would be able to trust and rely on this brand for maximum comfort. This is why the Skechers makes one of the best shoes for nurses that you can afford.These shoes are water-resistant and also features anti-slip rubber bottoms that help you walk confidently on any kind of terrain and even if there is a spillage on the floor. The shoes have been praised for their durability and comfort. The shock-absorbing midsole is another leading factor for these shoes. These might be a little expensive but are worth the money.
Next on our list of best shoes for nurses is Nurse Mates Dove Slip-Ons. This makes one of the best choices for nurses who have to take longer shifts and spend extra time in the hospital. The shoes are highly praised for their design which is made especially for nurses. The stain-resistant finish is one of the best things as the shoes won’t let the blood or any other fluid penetrate through them. With high ratings and lots of positive reviews, it’s safe to say that these are the best budget shoes for nurses so you can get the best quality without breaking the bank.
We have other sneakers which would be great shoes for nurses. These are from Nike, again one of the best shoe brands in the world. These shoes are ideal for nurses who don’t mind running through their shifts. The shoes have got a good sole and anti-slip bottom. These are also like running shoes so you can even go for a run wearing them.The shoes have got an interesting design which would catch anyone’s eye at the first sight. So make sure that you do check it out. Overall, you would be happy to wear them all day.
9. Calzuro Classic Clogs with HolesCalzuro Classic Clogs has also made a place on our list of top shoes for nurses. These are comfortable and more importantly highly breathable. These clogs would certainly impress the medical professional with their anti-slip bottom and anti-static material as well.They have got a little heel which is ideal for some of the nurses out there. They have got big holes so breathability isn’t going to be an issue for you. These are also very easy to clean.
We have other budget-friendly shoes for nurses and this one is Sanita Professional Oil Clogs. These are very easy to wear and comfortable as well. With an ideal heel height and nice fabric that makes you feel comfortable. The shoes have got high ratings and lots of positive reviews from customers.Overall, the shoes look pretty sleek and professional so wearing them will be fun and stylish. The long-lasting arch support would be perfect for the flat feet nurses. Overall, you can consider buying these if you are a full-time nurse and have to take longer shifts.
Buying Guide for Shoes for Nurses:There are a few things that you would want to consider while buying shoes for nurses so you can end up with perfect and more appropriate shoes for nurses. Let’s take a look at the following things that you might want to look for when it comes to buying the best shoes for nurses.
1. MaterialOne of the first things that you would want to look for would be the material of the shoes. The material is a crucial element of the shoes for nurses as it would determine the comfort, breathability, durability, and overall quality of the shoes.The material should be breathable because wearing shoes for long hours and running for a long time can make your feet sweat more, so it’s important that your shoes are breathable and can wick off the moisture.Waterproof material will also be ideal for nursing shoes as there will be spillage and you don’t want to have wet feet or wet shoes. So it would be better if the shoes are made up of waterproof material.You can select between breathable shoes and waterproof shoes based on the nursing job you do daily.
2. CushioningOne of the other things you want to consider would be the cushioning of the shoes. You don’t want to end up with a show with no or a little cushioning as it might cause you a lot of trouble standing or working for longer hours. A good nursing shoe must have adequate cushioning which will help to reduce the impacts on knees, ankles, and spine.So before buying nursing shoes, you must check for the cushioning and if that is adequate for you. You can also consult with a doctor or an expert to get the right kind of cushioning in your nursing shoes.
3. DesignThe design is also something that you would want to consider. Here, the shoes shouldn’t be too much or too basic. You should be able to get a good color and closure that works for you the best, slip-on or the lace-up. Although the slip-ones are more preferable as they are easy to take on and off compared to lace shoes.The nursing shoes should be designed for comfort and should be roomy as well. You might want to check the wide toe box and reinforced heels as well. Overall, the looks should be secondary.
4. Slip ResistanceThe shoes for nurses should be anti-slippery as the nurses have to walk fast and for a long time as well. Most of the hospitals have slippery tiles or even there might be some fluid on the floor. Overall, you can’t take your chances of falling while working and end up injuring yourself. So make sure that the shoes you are buying for you have a slip-resistant sole.
5. Arch SupportThis is something less talked about that you need to look at. Since everyone has different arches, you need to see if the shoes you are buying support your arch and provide you a maximum level of comfort and reduce stress on your feet. You can check the information provided by the manufacturer and see if that makes sense for you.
6. Price and Value for MoneyPrice is always a criterion that you need to consider no matter what you are buying. It’s okay if you are not under budget as you can look for more premium and expensive shoes. But if you are on a budget then you need to find the best shoes for nurses that you can find under your budget. Although you shouldn’t compromise with the quality and overall specifications of the nurse shoe with the money.You should get the best value for money so you can also look at the brand as different brands have different qualities and durability to offer. Make sure you get the best value for money with your nursing shoes.
7. Customer ReviewsAnother one of the things that you can consider would be customer reviews. Since buying nursing shoes is a bigger commitment you don’t want to take any chances. So make sure you look all for the reviews given by the customers who have previously bought the shoes. That would help you make an informed decision and get you the best nursing shoe possible as well.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best shoes for nurses that you can buy. These shoes have got high ratings and lots of positive reviews as well. They also feature great quality and durability and meet most of the criteria to get the best nursing shoe title. So it’s safe to say that you would be okay with any of the aforementioned shoes for nurses.That would be all for now and we hope you got everything you have been looking for. Thank you.