We don’t have to teach you about solar power as most people are already aware of how beneficial solar power is in our lives and how big of a role it can play if we implement it in our daily lives. There are plenty of reasons why we should start using solar panels to provide a power source in our daily lives and save the environment and some money too. If you live in an area that gets sunlight throughout or at least most of the days in a year then you should certainly use the solar panels and have a steady power source to power various things such as back to shed, cabin, camper, RV, and even houses. It is a perfect alternative for smelly and loud generators as well.
If you are new to all this and thinking about producing some solar energy then the first thing that you would need is a solar panel kit. A solar panel kit consists of everything that you are going to need if you want to produce solar energy. These need less maintenance and you can also find some cost-efficient options in the market as well.
Although it is important that you choose the best solar panel kit or you might make the wrong choice and spend your money on the wrong product. This is something that you don’t want. That is why you need our help and we are not going to disappoint you either.
Here, in this article, we are going to list down the top 13 solar panel kits that you might want to spend your money on. We have also reviewed them so you can know which one of these solar panel kits would be the best choice for you. Not only this, but we have also included a buying guide at the end of the article so you can know how to buy a solar panel kit or what to look for while buying it.
Go ahead and take a look at the following best solar panel kits and see which one you like the most.
- 1 Best Solar Panel Kits
- 1.1 1. Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
- 1.2 2. ACOPOWER 100W Foldable Solar Panel Kit
- 1.3 3. Zamp Solar Legacy Series Portable Solar Panel Kit
- 1.4 4. WindyNation 100 Watt Solar Panel Off-Grid RV Boat Kit
- 1.5 5. Topsolar 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel Kit
- 1.6 6. Mule Store Solar Panel Kit
- 1.7 7. WINDYNATION Complete Solar 100 Watt Panel Kit
- 1.8 8. SunGoldPower 200 Watt 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panel Module Kit
- 1.9 9. ECO-WORTHY 1KW Solar Panel System Kit
- 1.10 10. Weize 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel Starter Kit
- 1.11 11. Rich Solar 200W 12V Monocrystalline Solar Kit
- 1.12 12. Newpowa100W/12 V Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- 1.13 13. Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit
- 1.14 What to Look For in Solar Panel Kits?
- 1.15 Conclusion
Best Solar Panel Kits
Recognize is the first brand that comes to our mind when we talk about the best solar panels or any product associated with solar panels. They have done a great job over the years and become the best brand for solar panels. This is why when it came to finding the best solar panel kits this was our first choice. The reason why we chose this solar kit for the first step is its portable nature, high efficiency, affordability, and easy installation.So even the people who have never used the solar panel kits would find it easier to use this one. It would be easier to use for boats, sheds, cabins, and trailers. You can expand the power supply to 400W and also implement the Pulse Width Modulation. You can also keep an eye on the charge controller with the LED indicators.You will also find the user guide that will help you understand how you can use it. You will also find it fascinating that it can charge any other home appliances by supplying a maximum of 12V. Lastly, this solar panel kit comes at a reasonable price so it would be ideal. Overall, this is the best solar panel kit that you can buy so far.
If you are looking for a portable solar panel kit that you install easily anywhere then ACOPOWER 100W Foldable Solar Panel Kit should be your first choice. This company has been selling solar panels for seven years now and they have gained the trust of customers from 50 countries. This solar panel kit also features two monocrystalline solar panels which are ideal to use and a better option as well. You will also get a 10A charge controller and alligator clips. Apart from this, you would be able to connect to charge MC4 connectors to recharge the panel faster. Although it works with 2 batteries at the same time.You will find the following components in the kit:
- Anderson plug
- MC4 connectors
- Solar charge controllerAnd the junction box with Handle Latches Diodes Fuse Crocodile clips Carrying bag and Aluminum frame.This is easy to install and customers don’t find it hard to install it. It is also quite portable in nature so you can install it anywhere. You will get high-efficiency output as well. Apart from this, the angle adjustment feature is quite helpful too. Although the cost is relatively higher than other options, you might find it appropriate. So go ahead and take a look at this one if you are looking for a portable solar panel kit.
The next top solar panel kit that has made a place on our list is from Zamp and this one is also a portable solar kit so you will find it easier to use and install it anywhere. The brand is quite innovative and known for the best quality products which makes it a popular option. The solar panel kit features a 140-watt foldable solar panel that can power up an RV battery. You will also find a 5-stage digital charge control to protect your battery and extend its life by three times.You will get all the essential components in the kit that can charge 13-volt batteries including lithium batteries. Apart from this, the solar panel supports Zamp Solar-ready RV ports. The best part of this solar panel is that you won’t need to go through any complicated installation as you can use this solar panel right out of the box.Overall, the solar panel kit is waterproof so you don’t have to worry about the rain. You will get 25 years which is quite impressive too. Although it’s a bit heavy, that shouldn’t be a big deal.
WindyNation is another one of the best solar panel kits that you can find and it comes with everything that you are going to need. It is also a well-recognized and reputed brand that you can trust. This is one of the best budget solar panel kits that you can find, so if you are looking for something that you can buy without breaking the bank then this one should be your best choice.You can charge this solar panel on Amazon average of 350W per day or others may depend on the availability of the sunlight. You will find some adjustable settings on the charge controller where you can get some readings such as voltage, current, and temperature. The panels are made up of polycrystalline materials. It is weatherproof and comes with a warranty too.
Topsolar is another one of the well-known brands that you can trust. This one would be ideal for charging 12v batteries. The kit is specifically designed for charging boats, caravans, RVs, and other remote power use. It comes with 4 pieces of Z mounting brackets and pre-drilled holes that make it easy to install. It also comes with several safety features so you don’t have to worry about it much. It also features the PWM function that protects the battery from reverse polarity, discharge and short circuit, overload, and overcharge.Apart from this, the solar panels are weatherproof as they have an aluminum frame lined with temper glass. It is perfect for outdoor use with its durable construction. It is lightweight which makes it portable. Overall, it would be a great choice and you would most certainly like it as well.
This is also one of the top-rated solar panel kits that you can find and it features the best quality too as it meets the federal safety standards. We have included this solar panel kit because of its quality and overall efficiency.This one features the 10 Watt of power capacity which is a perfect alternative choice to a traditional power source. People who don’t have an energy source nearby actually like this one and they can even claim 30% residential energy efficient property tax. It is quite easy to install. It is battery-charged so works even on cloudy days. Lastly, you will get 1 year warranty period. Overall, your money will be well spent.
This solar panel kit from WINDYNATION is another one of the top options from Amazon that you can think about buying. It comes with all the best features and is quite easy to maintain as well. You will find multiple adjustment options which makes it ideal for a lot of people out there. Everything you need to install the kit is included. You will also get MC4 connectors along with the mounting hardware.It is one of the best budget solar panel kits that you can find as the maintenance cost is low and you will also find some upgradeable options.
8. SunGoldPower 200 Watt 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panel Module KitThe next solar panel kit that we have found is from SunGoldPower and this one has also got high ratings and reviews from the customers. This solar panel kit is perfect for powering RVs, caravans, electric cars, golf cars, yachts, and outdoor tents. The best thing about this one is that it features a high-efficiency rate and will meet all of your requirements.It features durable construction and is quite lightweight too. It is weatherproof so you don’t have to worry about rain or dust damaging it. The warranty policy is also pretty good. Overall, you will get the best value for your money with it.
9. ECO-WORTHY 1KW Solar Panel System KitThis is also a top-rated solar panel kit that you will find on Amazon. And customers mostly liked it because of the easy installation and easy-to-maintain quality of the kit. It is also weatherproof and durable. Another thing that we liked about it is that it comes at an affordable price. It is worth checking out, so make sure you take a look at this one.
10. Weize 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel Starter KitThis Solar Panel Kit from Weize has also made a place on our list and this one also features the Monocrystalline solar panels so you will get a high-efficiency rate and more durability. It is 21% more energy-efficient and maintenance are quite low and minimal too. This one is also weatherproof. Although you will need to install it with the equipment you have and the kite doesn’t have anything else than solar panels.
11. Rich Solar 200W 12V Monocrystalline Solar KitRich Solar Panel Kit has also impressed us and the customers to become a top choice on our list and you would most certainly like it as well. It is made from premium material and features a high-grade quality, so you might need to spend some extra bucks here. The warranty period is impressive and you will also find it easy to install, so the high price might be worth it.
12. Newpowa100W/12 V Polycrystalline Solar PanelIf you are looking for Polycrystalline solar panels then this kit might be the best choice for you. It is also a popular brand that has satisfied the customers for a long time now which makes it an ideal pick for our list. It features high efficiency and also features a portable design which makes it a perfect option. You can also use this without the batteries so that’s something unique about it. You will also like the fact that it is an economical option and doesn’t cost you a fortune. Lastly, we are also impressed with the warranty provided by the manufacturer. Overall you can check it out and consider buying, you won’t regret it.
13. Renogy 200 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar RV KitLast but not least, we have another one of the best solar panel kits from Renogy and this is definitely something that you would like. It is also ideal for someone using the solar panel kit for the first time as it comes with manual instruction. The kit contains everything that you are going to need to install it.Overall, since it comes from a brand like Renogy you don’t have anything to worry about and will certainly get the best value for your money, make sure you check it out.
What to Look For in Solar Panel Kits?Choosing a solar panel kit is not that easy, especially if you are buying it for the first time. You need to know what features to look for and how to choose the best solar panel kit according to your requirements and preferences. For this, you should know what are the important features of a solar panel kit.Well, you may or may not know that so far that is why we are going to list down the things that you need to look for in a solar panel kit, go ahead and have a look:
1. Type of Portable Solar PanelsThe first thing that you need to check out would be what kind of solar panel you would like to buy and which type of solar panel would be the best choice for you. There are several types of portable solar panels found in the market and each one has its benefits. Here are the types that you will find:
- a) Polycrystalline – This type of solar panel features structured pieces of silicon which would catch the sun’s rays. The cells are brought together in lines, this makes a complex structure. Due to its structure, it becomes more efficient and can draw more power. On the downside, the complex structure makes it heavier and hard to fold.
- b) Thin-Film – Another popular type of solar panel is the thin design. This is also the most commonly found design too, and it is made up of blended materials. Usually, it is a mix of elements that would be beneficial in catching the rays. The materials include silicon, gallium, copper, indium, and selenide. This makes it more or less efficient and also affects its weight distribution.
- c) Monocrystalline – Monocrystalline is another type of solar panel that you would find. It uses a single large crystal which makes them the most efficient portable solar panel type. This is because it can draw more sunlight and would be able to produce more power as well. This makes it the most expensive type of solar panel as well as most durable. These show the least sensitivity to higher temperatures.
- d) Concentrated PV Cell – The next type of solar panel that you would find is a Concentrated PV Cell, and as its name suggests, this is made up of concentrated photovoltaic material. This is why it is one of the most efficient types of solar panel and it features a 41% efficiency rate as well. Although it is also one of the most costly options which are why it is not the first choice of customers.
2. PowerThe next thing that you want to check out in a solar panel kit would be the power. It is quite obvious that you don’t want to spend your money on a solar panel kit that isn’t very powerful and can’t meet your needs. So you should check out the information given on the pack of the solar panel kit and look for the energy output which is measured in watts (w).The power of the solar panel also determines the cost and size. So figure out how much power you need to power the appliances that you wish to run on the solar panel kit and then determine what would be the ideal power for you.
3. EfficiencyAnother thing that you need to look for in a solar panel kit would be its efficiency. This means how much sunlight can be converted into electricity by the solar panel. So the general thumb rule here is that the more efficient solar panel would mean that more sunlight will be converted into electricity. The efficiency of the solar panels would depend on the type of the solar panels as well as the brand they came from. So make sure you take a look at the efficiency of the solar panel kit before buying it.
4. Power TolerancePower tolerance is another one of the major factors that you need to look for in the solar panel kit to get the best value for your money.It determines how much the solar panel can deviate from its original starting power by the manufacturer. The deviation is measured in watts or percentages. So take a look at this factor too while buying a solar panel kit.
5. Temperature CoefficientTemperature plays a crucial role in the overall functionality of the solar panel kit, so this is something you should not neglect while buying. You should know that temperature can impact the overall efficiency of the solar panel. This means that you should know its temperature Coefficient. Although you should know that it won’t work in the extreme sun.The temperature coefficient can be different for amperage, voltage, and wattage. So you need to make sure that you look at these factors too. If you are looking for a good solar panel that behaves well in extreme heat then you might want to buy a Monocrystalline type of solar panel as it is considered better for high temperatures than others.
6. Size and WeightSize and Weight are also something that you should consider while buying a solar panel kit as these factors might impact the efficiency and how well you would be able to work with them. These dimensions should depend on the place you are going to install these panels and the amount of money you can spend.
7. Brand ReputationAnother one of the things that you might want to look for in a solar panel kit would be the brand reputation. You should know that the quality and efficiency of the solar kit might be different from one brand to another and you won’t want to spend your money on a brand that doesn’t have a good reputation. So make sure you check out the brand reputation and see if it would be worth spending your money or not.
8. Price and WarrantyPrice is something we all are a little worried about no matter what we are buying. All of us want to buy the best products and at the same time get them at an affordable price. Well, you need to strike a balance between the two and find something that meets your needs as well as comes at a budget-friendly price.Apart from this, the warranty is also an important factor and you should not neglect it. Although having a good warranty might come with a price, it would be worth spending your money. The average warranty period ranges from 10 to 25 years.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best solar panel kits that you would want to invest in. These solar panel kits got the best ratings and so many positive reviews as well, so you would be happy to invest your money in these solar panel kits.Here, we have listed a variety of solar panel kits at a wide range of prices too, so you can easily find the one that meets your needs as well as comes under your budget as well. That would be all for now and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for. Thank you.