Playing the violin is one of the best things, sure the guitar might be the most popular musical instrument but violins are pretty amazing too. Violin is getting popular and the fan base is also increasing significantly. If you have decided to play the violin, then you are not going to regret it. Of Course, you are going to need to attend violin classes, practice playing violin in your free hours, and of course a good violin!
Among all the things that you would need to learn the violin, the violin is undoubtedly the most important factor here. You must already know that and that is why you are looking for the best violin brands for beginners. There are many things that you need to consider while buying the violin for yourself and brand is one of them. Just like other products, the brand of the violin also makes a huge difference in its overall functionality. Each brand comes with different features and different performances and that is why it is important more than anything that you choose the best violin brand for a beginner.
Finding a perfect violin is anyway a challenge, but it is a much bigger challenge when you are just a beginner. So to help you out with this trouble, we have listed down the 11 best violin brands for beginners that you can trust upon. Not only this, but we have also listed down the buying guide for the best violin for beginners. So go ahead and have a look at the following list of best violin brands for beginners.
Best Violin Brands For Beginners
1. StentorStentor is undoubtedly one of the best violin brands for beginners and it has proved its worth over a long period now. The brand has been there for us since 1895 and it has become one of the biggest instrumental music manufacturers and distributors since then. Being over a century-old brand, it has earned a reputation and popularity among musicians and violin players all around the world.The company has many musical instruments including Violins, double basses, cellos, and violas. This musical brand stands for high quality, consistency, and reliability. The brand produces musical instruments for all skill levels. So you won’t have any difficulty finding the best violin for beginners for yourself. Of course, the brand also produces professional-level violins among other musical instruments as well.The brand won’t fail to amaze you with its top-quality violins at an affordable cost. The violins are carved from solid tonewood which ensures a great sound and fine details in the violins. The makers have taken care of even the smallest details and specifications and this is what makes this violin brand the best one for beginners. The playability of their violins is also reliable and you can expect the best quality tone from these violins.It would be pretty easy to find the ideal violin for your skill level, so whether you have just started or you have been doing this for a long time, you can whisky find a violin for yourself. From the material to playability, everything in their violins is top-notch. So make sure you get a look at this brand as it is undoubtedly the best violin brand for beginners.
2. MendiniMendini is another one of the leading violin brands for beginners that you should know about. Mendini is a very popular brand that you can look for and they have all kinds of violins among other musical instruments that would serve you well and ensure that you have a great time playing your favorite musical instrument.Mendini is a brand that has always looked out for beginners and students and that is the reason why they have a huge range of violins made specifically for early learners and students. Their violins are easy to handle, set up, and also to get the best value for the violins.Although the violins are factory-made, they do provide good quality and ensure a great experience for the users. The tones and the sound quality produced by the violins are pretty amazing and they would certainly impress your music teachers as well.As we have said earlier, you will get a great value for their violins and this is why it is known as the best budget violin brand as well. Here you would certainly like the violins that you will find, from their construction to overall quality, everything meets our expectations. So it would be a smart thing to check out this brand to find out your ideal violin as a beginner.
3. CecilioCecilio is another one of the leading violin brands for beginners that you can find. Here, this brand also has a huge reputation to live up to and this one would certainly impress you all. From beginners to professionals, there is something for everyone. The brand has been recommended by several musicians, music teachers, and professional violin players for beginners.Here, the brand is popularly known for its handcrafted violins which produce the best sound and quality tone that you can expect. The violins are very well crafted and feature a great value for money as well. The bow too has an amazing build and features excellent quality.What you will find here is the best of the best, and several lists of top violins in the world include a Cecilio violin. They also make other instruments as well, so you can certainly find everything you have been looking for. The price ranges from $100 to 200 dollars for a decent violin for a beginner. For some people, this may be an overrated brand but it is well worth the hype. Overall, there is hardly anything to complain about this budget violin brand for beginners. So check it out and make sure you find the ideal violin for yourself.
4. Franz HoffmannFranz Hoffmann is a China-based brand that has been making quality instruments for musicians. This is undoubtedly the top violin brand for beginners to find out as this can certainly make sure that each person developing an interest in music finds their passion and sticks to that music as well. The brand makes a huge variety of musical instruments and this is where they gain their reputation and brand value.The brand aims to provide the best violins to early learners or beginners. Their violins are beautifully crafted featuring brilliant, dependable, and consistent sound and higher reliability. The violins are made to keep beginners in mind so they also feature easy functionality, convenience, and higher portability as well. Their violins are great from each perceptive, whether it is the higher visual appeal or the great sound.Overall, you will get great value for your money and this is where this brand becomes the best violin brand for beginners and you will have a wide range of violins to choose from according to your preferences and taste.
5. Carlo LambertiCarlo Lamberti is another one of the leading violin brands that you can find and this one surely is the brand that can find you a perfect violin. This is a premium violin brand that also makes other musical instruments and this one surely lives up to our expectations.Carlo Lamberti is undoubtedly one of the best violin brands for students and early learners and it has been recommended by music experts as well. The brand has specialized in making great musical instruments. Their violins are well crafted and feature the best tone and quality performance. The violins are available for all skill levels, so whether you just started or you are becoming a professional, you can easily find one worthy of your money and efforts.This is also a Chinese company owned by SHAR Music. The owners of the company are renowned musicians and they have attended popular music schools as well. They produce such a great quality of violins that would help you to master the instrument with full passion. The brand aims to provide the best musical instrument possible and they are doing a great job at it.Overall, this premium violin brand for beginners is worth your money, so check it out and see if you can find something for yourself.
6. D Z StradD Z Strad is also a well-known violin brand that you can rely upon for good quality and higher performance. D Z Strad has been there for a long time now and they have always looked after the needs of their customers and made sure they have everything they need and can possibly look for in their violins. The brand is not only popular for their violins but they also make other world-class instruments that feature the best quality sound.Here, the brand is known to be the top violin brand for students and learners, all thanks to its violins that are crafted especially for beginners as well as for all skill levels. There is a huge collection of violins and other musical instruments that you can easily find on Amazon. The products are accessible, reliable, durable, and worthy of your money.The prices may be slightly higher than average but the violins are worth every single penny you spend on them. This is the reason why you should be looking for your ideal violin from D Z Strad. You will find something worthy for yourself and you are not going to regret it either.
7. Primavera ViolinsPrimavera Violins has also made a place for itself in our list of best violin brands for beginners. The brand is pretty popular among the musicians and the music teachers as they all would recommend this brand to their students who just started learning violins. You can easily find the right kind of violins for children and beginners alike. This is a United Kingdom-based brand that has come a long way now and has spread its name across the world. People do recognize this brand and are also pretty happy with their musical instruments as well.This budget-friendly violin brand makes the best violins for beginners and also for veterans. Their specialty is to produce the best violins at an affordable price and also give the best value for your money. You can easily find this brand in musical schools or classes, as they make quality products for beginners who are polishing their skills and passion for music.Overall, do take a look at this violin brand as there are plenty of violins to choose from among other instruments. You would certainly find them worthy enough to start your musician experience with their products.
8. KnillingKnilling is another one of the best budget violin brands for beginners that you can rely on. This violin brand is best for you if you are running on a tight budget and want something cheap but of good quality. The brand does make the best quality violins at an affordable price and that too without compromising with the overall quality.The violins are made by various luthiers around the world. One of the best parts about this brand is that they made different kinds of violins that would serve you well and would make sure that they meet the requirements of the customers of all kinds of requirements and skills. This European brand has become pretty popular and they have been selling the best violins for a while now.Overall, you would find something for yourself at a price that suits your budget and pocket. So this is the best violin brand for beginners you can find.
9. Kennedy ViolinKennedy Violin is another one of the well-renowned violin brands for beginners that would give the best value for your money. The brand was founded by Mr. Joel Kennedy as he wanted to make the perfect violin for his students. He saw students struggling with the violins and decided to make the best violins for beginners and hence came up with the Kennedy Violins.The violins from this brand are convenient for learning and also ideal for all the students. The violins are well designed and made by professionals. The brand also makes the violins under the name of Bunnel. Given the high quality and efficiency for beginners, these violins may be a bit more expensive than what you want to spend on your violins. But they are well worth the money and certainly provides the best value for your money as well.
10. CremonaCremona, too, is a name that pops up in everyone’s mind when they are talking about the best violin brands for students or even professionals. The brand has been given a huge appreciation and top ratings from all the experts and professionals. This might be a premium brand, so you should have a good amount of money to spend on their violins and if you can afford it then you will end up having the best violin in the class.From the high-quality sound to the good looks, this brand promises you to give everything you desire and want in your violins. So this is a kind of brand that you need to be aware of.
11. EastarLast but not least, Eastar has also made a place in our list of the best violin brands for beginners. They have made the best quality sound and you can easily choose the one that suits your needs. The violins are crafted with the highest precision and made sure that each of the violins is highly reliable and of high quality.Eastar is a brand that can get you the best violin at an affordable price, so do look at the brand and find the best violin for yourself.
Buying Guide for the Best Violin for Beginners:As we have listed down all the top violin brands for beginners, you would also need to know how to choose the best violin for beginners. So here are a few factors that would help you to choose the best violin brand for beginners so that you can have the best violin for yourself.
1. SizeThe size might be the most crucial factor in choosing the right violin for yourself and that is why you need to consider the ideal size for yourself. Violins are made in different sizes and shapes to fit every person. So you can easily find the ideal size for yourself and then look for the best violin in that size. You can find out what size would be ideal and perfect for you as well.
2. MaterialViolins are made from different kinds of materials and that makes a huge difference too. The material used in the making of the violin can make a lot of difference and determine the overall quality as well. What you would need to see is whether or not the violin is made from quality material. If you are buying a cheaper violin then you would certainly come across a low-quality violin, so it is better to spend a few more bucks than having a low-quality material violin in your hands. See what wood has been used and if it is good or not.
3. StringsThe strings make a huge difference and it is another one of the factors that you would need to consider before buying the best violin for yourself. Like the material of the violin, strings can also affect the tone of the violin and that is why you need to make sure the strings are perfect.The strings should match the tone and show consistency in the tuning while you practice. You may not need the high-quality strings at the beginners’ stage, but you also don’t need to have the lowest quality of strings either. Make sure to buy an additional set of strings to replace whenever needed.
4. BowThe bow is also an important part of a violin, and it, too, makes a huge difference in the overall tone and performance of the violin. You should be certain how the bow functions and whether or not it would live up to your expectations. From the construction to the size, everything matters for the bow as well. And a wrong bow can ruin your experience with the violin forever.
5. AccessoriesThe accessories are also a part of the violin and you may as well consider buying a violin that comes with its accessories. Although it may cost you a few extra bucks, it would be good to have accessories with the violin that would make it easier to maintain and keep in place. It would also be convenient and good to have the violin accessories by your side because sooner or later you are going to need them as well.
6. PriceThe price among other things is also an important factor to consider. No one wants to spend a fortune on a violin, especially when they are just beginners and not professionals. That is why you would need the best violin that fits your budget. It may be hard to find at first, but if you look around you can easily find a violin brand that offers great quality at a reasonable price. Of course, we are not saying that you should settle down with a low-quality violin just because it’s cheap, that won’t be a great value for your money either.So find the one that gets you the best value for your money.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best violin brands for beginners that you need to know about. The brands have been highly rated and customers are pretty happy with them too, they not only meet the criterion for the best violin but they have also been recommended by experts and professionals. These are the best value violin brands for beginners and you won’t regret buying them. So just go ahead and look for your perfect violin from these brands.That would be all for now and we hope that you found everything you have been looking for. Thank you.