Yoga is one of the ancient and very effective forms of workout and this is why more and more people are practicing yoga and making it a part of their daily routine. Yoga keeps you physically and mentally fit which is why it is the most appropriate form of workout these days. There are so many yoga centers around the world and you can easily find the right yoga classes as well, although you can also practice yoga at home too. For practicing yoga, you only need a few things, some knowledge about yoga and a yoga mat! You can get the former from yoga classes while to get the latter you would need to shop for it.
Many people think they can get any yoga mat and it won’t matter, but that is not true at all. To practice yoga correctly, you need to choose a yoga mat that is both comfortable and ideal for your body and helps you make your yoga practice more efficient and effective. This is why professional yoga followers spend a good amount of time and money to get the right yoga mat for themselves.
When it comes to buying the best yoga mat, many people start browsing on the internet and buy the first yoga mat they see. This is what they often do wrong. It is important to choose an ideal yoga mat and for that, you should know which are the best yoga mat and which aren’t worth your bucks. Since there are so many amazing choices, it’s easier to get confused. That is where we come into the picture and save you. Here, we have selected the top yoga mats that you can buy and invest in.
So let’s move forward and take a good look at the best yoga mats and choose the best one for yourself.
Best Yoga Mats
BalanceFrom GoYoga is our first choice for the best yoga mat on Amazon. This one comes from a leading brand and has received lots of positive and amazing reviews from the customers and high ratings too, this is why it is one of the best-selling yoga mats on Amazon as well. This yoga mat has impressed us with its overall quality and feels which means you would be able to enjoy your yoga session to the fullest and it will help you to make your yoga practice effective and efficient as well.The yoga mat is very lightweight and also comes with straps so it would be highly portable, which means you would be able to travel with it while you are going to classes or somewhere else. The yoga mat is also versatile and can be used for other fitness activities that require a mat. It also provides plenty of cushioning which is ideal for sensitive joints and doesn’t cause any kind of discomfort while you are practicing yoga on it. It is made up of high-density foam material which will protect your spine, hips, knees, and more during the exercise.This yoga mat is half-inch thick and suits a variety of activities. It also features dual-sided non-slip surfaces so there is no risk of slipping. It is also moisture-resistant and easy to clean with soap and water. Overall, it is one of the best budget yoga mats so you don’t have to spend much and would still get the best quality.
Yoloha Aura Cork Yoga Mat has also impressed us and become one of the best yoga mats on our list. The best part about this yoga mat is that it is an anti-microbial mat, this means it won’t make a home for microbes or bacteria which is a huge concern nowadays. So you can easily work out using this yoga mat and don’t worry about the germs or bacteria getting to you.If you are an environmentalist and want to contribute something to the environment, then you would like to invest in this eco-friendly and renewable yoga mat which is made up of fine grain cork and foam. It is free from PVC, latex, and plasticizers. Even if it is made up from the Cork grain, this one feels very comfortable and you can easily practice yoga poses on this one. The 6mm thickness will provide adequate support for your body and joints so you can practice yoga without any inconvenience. You will get enough balance and stability with this yoga mat. Cork provides natural anti grips and you can increase the grip by sprinkling some water as well.Overall, it is easy to carry around, lightweight, and very supportive with a good grip, so you will get great value for your money.
Liforme Original Yoga Mat has also made a place for itself on our list of best yoga mats and we loved it. If you have just started practicing yoga or thinking about starting one then you should certainly invest in this yoga mat which will be a good choice for beginners. Although it is also ideal for professionals or someone practicing yoga for a long time now. It features a larger size than most other mats that means you will get enough room to practice different yoga positions.The yoga mat is made up of natural rubber and eco-polyurethane, this makes it an eco-friendly option and it is also fully biodegradable. This is highly absorbent which makes it ideal for people who sweat more while working out or doing yoga. It will quickly absorb the sweat and moisture keeping it dry and comfortable for you. The 4.2mm thickness is ideal and it is also lightweight and you will also get a yoga mat bag which will make it easier to travel with and store as well.Overall, this is one of the top-rated yoga mats on Amazon and you would certainly like to invest in it.
Manduka is one of the top brands that has been leading the market when it comes to yoga-related stuff, this is why Manduka is on our list of best yoga mats on our list. This one, as its name suggests, is lightweight and travel-friendly so you can travel with it without any inconvenience. It is compact and weighs only 2.2 pounds and thickness is about 1.5mm, which might feel thin but some people find it ideal.This one is also made with eco-friendly material which makes it ideal for the environment. It is made from high-quality natural rubber which is biodegradable and made from a zero-waste manufacturing facility. It is also 99% latex-free and made without PVC, plasticizers, or harmful dyes, and it is also latex-free. Overall, it is an ideal pick and you will get an amazing value for money too.
We have another top-rated yoga mat from Manduka and this one is PRO Yoga Mat! It is a little expensive but given the brand value and quality, you might want to spend on it if you are not under a budget. This one features maximum grip and makes sure the mat sticks to the surface without any risk of slipping. This mat is made from latex-free PVC material which makes it highly durable and supportive. It won’t peel, flake, or fade or time so this would be a great investment if you are a regular practitioner.This one also features a thickness of 6mm which means you will get adequate thickness, support, and stability. It also features a closed-cell surface which prevents sweat and bacteria from seeping in. You will be surprised to know that this yoga mat comes with a lifetime warranty which makes it worthy of its high price.
Jade Yoga Harmony Yoga Mat is also a leading yoga mat that you will find on Amazon. This one is made with naturally-sourced rubber which gives great traction and feels great too. The cushioning is optimum and will feel ideal for your body as well. It is an open-cell mat and porous which means it should be cleaned after every use, although it is very easy to clean with just soap and water. It is highly absorbent and feels good against the skin. 4.7mm thickness does feel pretty great and you would like to carry it around.
IUGA also makes a top-rated yoga mat on Amazon and you would like to invest in this one too. It is a great yoga mat with a high-end non-slip surface that makes it stick to the floor for a long time. You won’t find any chemical smell or harsh odor which is the case for most yoga mats. This one is made with sustainably harvested tree rubber which is durable. The 5 mm of thickness is ideal and provides enough support, balance, stability, and cushioning for a long yoga session. There are plenty of fun colors to choose from as well.
Gaiam too is a reputable brand when it comes to yoga brands. This one has received a huge appreciation from the customers who bought it and it is one of the best affordable yoga mats that you can find. It is quite durable yet lightweight so it would be easier to carry around. This one features 6mm thickness which feels pretty good and is ideal for long yoga sessions. It is made up of PVC which makes it durable. There are many colors and patterns to choose from as well.
Yoga Design Lab is also a popular yoga mat on Amazon that has got high ratings and amazing reviews. This one is made up of rubber and features a recycled PET microfiber top that is made using 15 plastic bottles, the base is made up of natural tree rubber, and is sustainable as well. It provides a great grip and is also features sweat management and stability. Also comes with a carrying strap so it would be easier to travel with. There are plenty of colors and patterns to choose from.
Gurus Sprout Yoga Mat is one of the best yoga mats that you can find on Amazon. This one is made from cork and thermoplastic elastomers which are durable and eco-friendly. It is very lightweight and easy to travel around. It is free from PVC so it’s non-toxic. It is highly durable and resilient, so it would last longer and provide great value for your money too. It can be hand-washed only. It’s 4mm thick, is waterproof, and provides a great grip, so overall, you would be happy to invest in this one.
We have another eco-friendly yoga mat on our list and this one is pretty amazing as well. It is made in the USA and follows the highest environmental standards, which means lower carbon footprints. It provides a great grip and is durable. It is a close cell type so bacteria, sweat, and microbes won’t get a chance filled up. It is hand washed only so the quality is great and easy to maintain as well.
We have another one of the top yoga mats from Gaiam and this one would also impress you as well. This reputable brand has never disappointed us with its high-end quality yoga mat. It is affordable, made from quality material, comes with 6mm thickness, and is non-slip. Overall, you will get everything that you can ask for, so go ahead and check it out.
Yogi Bare Teddy Yoga Mat is another one of the leading yoga mats that you would find good enough to buy. This one is lightweight, easy to fold, and portable, so you can easily travel with this one. This one is machine washable and durable. It is made from natural rubber and microfiber toweling and is 2mm thick as well.
SISYAMA Circle Round Yoga Mat has also impressed us with its high ratings and overall quality. The yoga mat is made from TPE material and features a good non-slip grip. It is very wide and spacious so you would be able to do all of your poses without any inconvenience. It is 2mm thick and provides higher stability. Overall, you would want to invest in this one for its durability and amazing shape and size.
Sweatech Eco-friendly Yoga is also a leading yoga mat that you would like to buy. It is a thick and eco-friendly mat made from TPE. The slightly longer size of the mat would be ideal for taller people. It features proper alignment markers as well. Overall, this is the best budget yoga mat to invest in.
Things You Should Consider While Buying Yoga Mat:-Even though it looks like a simple choice to make as you just want to choose a yoga mat that looks or feels good. But there are a number of factors that you should look for or consider while buying a yoga mat. If you are a beginner then you may not know how to choose a yoga mat, that is why we are going to list out some of the things that you should look for while choosing the best yoga mat for yourself.
1. GripOne of the first things that you should look for in a yoga mat should be the yoga mat. You don’t want the yoga mat to slip which will lead to discomfort and you won’t be able to enjoy your yoga session either. So it is important that your yoga mat stays still while you do your poses and doesn’t lose its grip. Most yoga mats are made with sticky materials such as rubber or come with a non-slip coating that prevents the mat from slipping. You should know that the mat is supposed to go with any kind of floor whether it is of tiles, wood, or anything else.
2. SupportThe whole purpose of buying a yoga mat is that it will provide support to your body while you try out different positions and poses of yoga that will strengthen your body. So when it comes to buying the best yoga mat, one thing you should not compromise would be the support provided by the yoga mat.The yoga mat should feature adequate cushioning so that your body can find enough support. The ideal thickness should be in-between 4mm and 6mm. If it is less than this, your limbs would dig in the yoga mat and the lack of support might result in pain or fatigue afterward.
3. DurabilityA yoga mat is not something you would want to buy every other month, so you must take a look at the durability of the yoga mat while buying it. You should be considerate about the overall quality of the yoga mat and how long it would last. This is why make sure to check out the material of which the yoga mat is made up and its overall lifespan too. If you compromise with the durability, you might have to spend more as you will be buying a yoga mat every other month.
4. PortabilityOne of the important factors of a yoga mat is portability and it is also something people neglect while buying. Portability is very important especially if you are going to yoga classes or traveling often with your yoga mat. You should buy a yoga mat that can be easily rolled up and is lightweight so it would be easier to carry around. There are several yoga mats that would come with a carrying bag or straps that would make it easier to carry them. So make sure the yoga mat you are buying also features some level of portability.
5. Style or LooksLooks don’t matter, true, still, you can’t buy the next yoga mat you see without considering how it would look with your personality and style present while you workout. A plain black yoga mat would be a go-to yoga mat for most of us, yet if you like to play with colors and patterns then you can easily find one that you like. There are many options for yoga mats which makes it easier to find an ideal yoga mat for you.
6. Sweat ResistantIt is important that you invest in a sweat-resistant yoga mat or you might end up with a yoga mat which will be full of your sweat this will make it smelly and slippery as well. You won’t be able to concentrate on yoga if the mat is all sweaty. This is why you should invest in a yoga mat that is sweat-resistant.
7. Easy to CleanCleaning is very important and even if it is your yoga mat. So make sure that you are buying a yoga mat that is easy to clean and washable. It would be better if you can clean it with just soap and water rather than any other cleaning solution. So take a look at the cleaning stuff for your yoga mat too.
8. Price and Value for MoneyPrice is another one of the things that you should consider while buying a yoga mat. Sure, these are not very expensive anyway yet you would like to buy a yoga mat that comes at a reasonable price given the quality it comes with. You might find some of the yoga mats that are a little expensive as they would come from a brand that has adopted sustainable practices and only manufactures eco-friendly yoga mats. Overall, only for a yoga mat that is made up of nice material, is durable, and features great support and grip, and this would come at a reasonable price. So don’t compromise with the quality for a cheaper price.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best yoga mats that we have found so far. We have selected these aforementioned yoga mats for our list as they meet all the criteria that make them the best yoga mat that you can find online. These are easy to buy at Amazon and you would save some bucks on the sales as well. Therefore, go ahead and buy one of the top-rated yoga mats that we have listed above and start practicing yoga to bring some positivity and health to your lifestyle.