Going for a retail interview? Well if you have picked this job then you must know the qualities which it requires but most people underestimate the interview process and loses the job. So in this article, we have picked some common retail interview questions that you should know and prepare.
Retail Interview Questions And Answers
1. Introduce yourself.ans-Just like any other interview, they will ask you to introduce yourself. In spite of being a commonly asked question people tend to avoid preparing it and generally take it for granted and don’t prepare it and it results as your first impression being sabotaged.We would recommend you introduce yourself by your name and mention our educational background as well as your past work experience (if any). Just keep the introduction minimal and to the point and don’t go deeper with your high school information.It would be great if you practice your introduction before going to the interview so that you can answer with full confidence.
2. Did you have any experience with retail?Ans-This one too is a very popular question which asked in almost every interview so you will know how important is to them to know your work experience and your skills.So you can simply mention your past job experience in retail or if anything else related to it. Make sure you mention your role and your skills and highlight them in a good way so that you would know your capabilities in the retail area!You have worked at more than one place then you can mention the work related to the company you are giving an interview for!
3. Why did you leave your last job?Ans-Obviously, you don’t wanna say you were fired or you couldn’t handle the work there. Just stay away from anything negative that involves leaving your last job! After all, anyone can have a second thought while hiring a fired employee, right.So instead of pointing out the negative reasons you can totally turn it to the positive aspects like you didn’t think you were growing there experience-wise and that’s why you needed to leave that place to find a good place yourself and explore new opportunities. You can also give reasons like you needed to shift to this city so you are starting over here.
4. What makes you the best candidate for a retailing job?Ans-The question is asked because they wanna know if you have what it takes to be in the retailing job. You can start answering the question by telling them the basic requirements of this job and you possess them all.You can also share some work experience and let them know you have gained enough to handle any job at retailing. Make sure you specify your role in the retail job and how nicely you have done in the past and how great you will be in the future.
5. Outline some important qualities which you think an employee should have in retailing job.Ans-This question is a test of your qualities and your presence of mind. Of course, if they are asking you this question, they would want every quality you mention, should have in you.You can say a person in a retail job must have good communication skills, he should also know how to handle customers. He should also have high energy to deliver great performance in this sector.
6. Have you ever engaged with a difficult customer? If yes then how did you handle it?Ans-No matter what was your job or where you worked, it’s highly likely that you have experienced one or two difficult customers, right! You should tell them the whole incident and describe the circumstances in which the incident happened. And tell them how calmly and smartly you have handled the situation and the outcome of that situation too.So you should tell them that you are capable of handling difficult people with your good communication skills and you can keep calm during such times.
7. What is your greatest achievement in retailing?Ans-This is the time you sell your achievements and market yourself to the interviewers. But be careful because you don’t wanna mention “any” achievement you have because they are specifically asking your achievements in a retailing job!You can tell your accomplishments which is directly related to the job you are interviewing for. Here you can also mention the outcomes of accomplishments on the company like that resulted in increased revenue or enhanced the company’s reputation, etc.You can easily make a list of your accomplishments (it can be small too if you have little experience) and practice it!
8. What are your greatest strengths?Ans-Now this question is too asked commonly during any interviewer and they will surely wanna know your qualities so they are directly approaching you to sell yourself as the best candidate than others.You can mention the things that will be required with the job such as, you can say that you can easily work for long shifts if your requires you to, you don’t let work pressure affect you and lastly you can mention other traits of yours and describe them (how they will be good for the company).
9. What do you think your biggest weakness is?Ans-Although they are directly asking you to tell them your biggest weakness but giving them a straight answer with any of weakness like, you can’t focus when there is too much pressure or you are not able to do a specific task would be a mistake.So instead of telling them your “weakness” you can simply portray the answer with a positive note, for example, you can say that ‘ I am kind of a perfectionist and I like things to be done with prevention no matter what”. You can come up with other such answers too and it will definitely build a strong image of yours.
10. How was your relationship with other co-workers at your last job?Ans-The only motive to ask this question is they wanna know if you are good with your co-workers or not! The only way to answer this is to make sure they get an idea of you are as a person and how you handle work relations.You can say that “one of my good traits includes a friendly nature. So yeah, I am pretty good with people and I like to share my ideas and receive their opinions for my work as well. And when it comes to teamwork I can be really good with my team members and co corporate with them”.Overall you need to appear as a team person who can be trusted by other team members!
11. Do you fully understand what we sell?Ans-These questions will determine if you are interested enough for the job you are applying for. It’s the part where you need to do some research bout the company and let them know you have a full understanding of the job you have applied for and you also know the kind of products they sell.You can start your answer with the product or service they sell by thoroughly describing it. Then you can also mention the branches the department have and which are the target customers and how well you can sell it.
12. Why do you wanna work with our company?Ans-Ots the part where you are expected to know the opposition to the company and the job is gonna offer you in the future. So firstly do the research for the role you are gonna play at the company and how it’s gonna help you to achieve your goals.You can simply praise the company and mention the achievements of the company and how it’s important that you become a part of this company and gain new experiences!
13. Do you have any questions for us as well?Ans-If you are asked this question then you have a golden opportunity to prove yourself as a legitimate candidate and how much you care about the job. You can simply ask the role of yours in the company and what they expect from you!