Thinking about starting cycling? Well, it is a brilliant idea as you would get a lot of health benefits and you would feel very relaxed and fresh after cycling in the morning or evening. There are a lot of things that you would have to care about when it comes to cycling and one of them would be having a good Bike!
You can’t enjoy cycling if you don’t own a good bike, after all, who would want to be stuck with a bike that can’t run properly or gives you an unpleasant experience each time you ride it? That is why having a good bike is mandatory to enjoy cycling and to even get the good benefits as well.
To find a good bike, you will have to know what criteria to look for. There are plenty of criteria that would help you to get the best bike for yourself, but the most important one would be the best bike brands. It is important that you look for the best bike brand because each brand has something different to offer. So you need to make sure that you are getting the best bike for yourself.
Well, there are plenty of amazing bike brands available in the market to buy from, but those kinds of options can easily put you in a dilemma. This is why you would need our help as well. In this article, we are going to help you out and discuss the top bike brands that you should know about and be aware of. We have also discussed some of the things that you need to consider while buying the best bike for yourself.
So let’s move forward and take a look at the following 15 best bike brands.
Best Bike Brands
1. Trek Bicycle CorporationOur first best bike brand for this list would be the Trek Bicycle Corporation. It is one of the most polluted bike brands that you would find these days. The brand was established in Wisconsin in 1976. It has been a top bike brand ever since its inception. Even though it was a USA-based brand at first, it is now ruling the overseas market too.The reason we like this bike brand the most is that they produce a wide range of bikes and that too for all age groups. So whether you are looking for the best bikes for men, women, or kids, this is the go-to brand for you. The brand is also making clothing items for cyclists and other kinds of biking gear.You will find all kinds of bikes, from the traditional foot-powered bike to the high-tech electric mountain bikes. The price can range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars.
2. Kona BikesKona Bikes is another one of the leading bike brands that you should know about. This brand was founded by Dan Gerhard and Jacob Heilbron, in 1988.This brand is known to produce a straight-leg mountain bike production fork. Currently, they have like 10 versions of fork.It is clear that they produce a wide range of bikes too, and you can find some very fresh kinds of bikes as well. The price is also reasonable and you can easily find a nice bike for yourself which would be comfortable and ideal for you.
3. BianchiBianchi is undoubtedly one of the best bike brands that you would find. This is also one of the oldest bike brands as it was founded in 1885. It was founded by Eldorado Bianchi who was just 21 years old at that time. He revolutionized bike production and design; he reduced the size of the front wheel while adding the chain to “ordinary” bicycles. He was also the first one to produce the front brake in 1913.You would be surprised to know that its bike has been used in various tournaments and bicycles leagues, and even won at these tournaments throughout the 20th century. This is the reason why this brand became a success. They have been developing the best bikes by updating them with the time and their quality hasn’t changed a bit, so this is undoubtedly one of the best bicycle brands that you can find so far.
4. CannondaleCannondale has also made its mark in the bike industry and is known as one of the top bike brands in the world as well. This brand was founded in the 1970s by two buddies. At first, they only focused on making bike accessories, trailers, and apparel. After a while, they started producing bikes and got success in it as well. Ever since then, they have produced the best bikes.You can find all kinds of bikes such as mountain bikes, road bikes, hybrid bikes, edibikes, etc. They also make bikes for children too. Overall, they provide good quality and sturdy bikes that justify the higher price tag as well.
5. ColnagoColnago has also made it to our list of best bikes brands. This brand was founded in 1952 by Ernesto who was a young cyclist and made a huge success in his business as well.If you ask any bike expert he would surely suggest the Colnago bikes because this brand is a synonym to the great bikes. The brand has been there for a long time and it has been giving us some of the best bike models as well. Many of the leading models from this bike brand are handmade in Italy, and this is what makes this brand so special as well.The price might be a little higher, but given the good collection of bikes and their high quality, it is worth a few extra bucks.
6. CerveloCervelo is one of the latest bike brands as it was founded only in 1995. Even if it has been there for a shorter period compared to other giants in the bike industry, it has done a great job in providing the best quality bikes to all its customers.This Canadian brand aims to produce the fastest bikes in the world, and they have been somewhat successful in it as well. This brand’s bikes are much faster than others and this is what attracts its customers the most as well.This is one of the best bike brands for professionals and good cyclists who want the best and the fastest bike for themselves. This is a little bit expensive too as you may have to spend a few thousand bucks on it as well.
7. RaleighRaleigh would be a great bike brand option as well because they have been serving us with great bikes since 1887. This British bike brand has gained a lot of popularity and a high reputation over time and now they are known as one of the top rated bike brands as well.Over the years, the brand was one of the best choices when it comes to Bicycle tournaments or even just for casual cycling as well. They are also making all kinds of bikes at a reasonable price as well. So you would be able to find the best bike from this bike brand under a budget.
8. BMCBMC has also impressed us and made it to our list of best bike brands. This brand was founded in 1994 and is a young brand, it has a lot of benefits with the new technology and designs, but it also has a disadvantage as there are already mega bike brands available in the market.Well, this bike brand did a good job and became one of the top-rated bike brands in the world. You will easily see this brand in various races and bicycle tournaments. Overall, you would find an ideal bike for yourself from this brand.
9. MeridaEver since the brand was founded in the 1970s it has been the talk of the town and has become one of the best bike brands as well. This Taiwan-based brand has made sure that they produce the best quality bikes so that their customers don’t have to go to the repair shop again and again.They have been doing great in the bike market for a long time now and there are several models that would certainly impress you enough to make you buy them right away.
10. OrbeaOrbea is another one of the best budget bike brands that have been making quality bikes for its customers. The brand was founded in the 1840s which makes it one of the oldest brands on our list.This Spanish bike company is very huge and it is making bikes on a larger scale as well. You will find road bikes, electric bikes, and many other kinds of bikes from this brand. So go ahead and check it out. There are many models that are worth buying.
11. GiantGiant is another Taiwan-based bike brand that would impress you with its high-tech bikes.The brand was founded in 1972 to provide a better and accessible experience for cyclists. Their focus has always been innovation, craftsmanship, and inspiration. They are always making some of the best bikes that are better and higher in quality. Overall, this is the bike brand that won’t disappoint you.
12. GTGT has been there since 1979 and it has been a popular name in the bike industry. This brand is making sure their customers are fully satisfied with their wide range of bikes that are comfortable, lighter, faster, and stronger. They also make sure that they are among reliable and durable frames. Their innovative designs and several models have been the talk of the town, so check them out.
13. MarinMarin is another one of the leading affordable bike brands that you should know about. This brand came into existence in 1986 in California. This brand got a very high reputation ever since it launched its first bike. The manufacturers have been clear that they are all about innovation and great bikes.The brand is very popular among the professional riders and the one who are passionate for cycling as well. So there are bikes for everyone and these high tech bikes would certainly impress you as well. So there is a lot to find and choose from when it comes to various bike types.
14. Santa CruzSanta Cruz was founded in 1993 and it has been known as one of the best-rated bike brands since then. This is the brand that you should go to if you are looking for bikes for all age groups. Whether you are looking for the best bikes for kids, old people, or adults, you will find the right bike from this brand.From the design to comfort, this brand has is making sure they are making perfect bikes for everyone.
15. ScottScott is also one of our favorite bike brands to shop from. This brand was founded in 1958, in Sun Valley and its innovative bike with an aluminum ski pole is something that got it huge popularity. There are many kinds of bikes you can find and that too at a good and reasonable price. They have skilled engineers and a good research team to make sure their customers get the best bikes.
Buying Guide for Best Bike:-It is obvious that you can’t invest in a bike that isn’t right for you and that is why you need to make sure that buying bikes would require a lot of effort. You need to make sure that the bike you are buying is ideal for you and this would be only possible if you will take a look at the following factors and see if your bike has everything you will need.Here are some of the factors that you need to look for while buying the best bike for yourself.
1. Type of BikeYou must buy the right kind of bike for yourself that would be much more convenient for you and overall right for you. It means you need to get yourself a bike that can go on the terrain and would support you as well.There are three types of bikes and these are:
- Mountain Bike – One of the most popular types of bike is a mountain bike. These are best for rugged terrain or maybe off-road terrain. People who like to go cycling in the off-road area. These come with powerful brakes and strong tires too.
- Road Bikes – Well, as you have guessed by the name, these are the regular bikes made for the road. These are for fast cycling on a flat surface. You will find a lighter frame and a fast speed with minimum effort. So if you are a casual biker, you would like these bikes.
- Hybrid Bikes – As you can suggest by its name, these are the bikes that would be a combination of road bikes and mountain bikes. You will find these bikes very comfortable and fast as well. These are becoming a famous choice for a lot of cyclists as well. Overall you can get any type of Bike that you find more comfortable and ideal for yourself.
2. Gear or GearlessAnother one of the factors that you need to focus on would be the gears. Many of the bikes these days are coming with gears. Having a gear means you can get multiple speeds and you choose your ideal speed as well. Although, handling a geared bike would require some skills compared to riding a fixed speed or fearless bike.
3. Object of BikeYou have to choose the right kind of bike that would meet all of your needs. Whether you want a bike for transportation in the city, for cycling (professional or casual), or you just want to wander off in the rough terrain for a challenge, it should all count in the crucial factors while buying the bike.You should be clear about why you are playing with a bike, and whether or not it would meet your requirements.
4. ComfortAnother one of the things that you need to weigh in on would be comforting! You need to make sure that the bike is comfortable enough to ride for you, otherwise, you would be stuck with a bike that is too hard to ride and it would certainly make you feel a little sore when you ride it.So make sure the bike has a comfortable seat, a nice height for you, and good handles as well.
5. Price and WarrantyOne of the other things that you need to consider would be the price. You don’t want to invest in a bike that doesn’t have good features compared to its price. So always make sure that you are buying the right kind of bike with good features.You should also see if the bike comes with a warranty or not, it is very important and can save you some bucks if there is something wrong with the bike within a specific period said by the manufacturer.
ConclusionSo, that would be all that you need to know about the best bike brands and how to buy the right bike for yourself.We have selected these brands considering their band value, brand reputation, quality of bikes, and the price range of these brands. So you would be able to find the right bike brands for yourself from these aforementioned bike brands. Just go and take a look at these bike brands and see if you can find your ideal bike.We hope you liked our article and found it helpful as well.