Tires are one of the most crucial parts of any vehicle, be it a car or truck, or even a bicycle. If you want a good and smooth ride you will have to make sure that you are investing in the right kind of tire or you will end up with lots of inconvenience and discomfort. This is why you will have to choose the right tire for your vehicle and find out which would be the good one for it.
Although finding the right tire can be very frustrating and tiresome, you can’t compromise and buy the next tire you see, that would be really bad for your vehicle and for you as well. You can go through a lot of factors that can help you find the right tire for your vehicle. One of the most important factors would be the tire brand!
Yes, just like with any other product, the brand of a tire does make a lot of difference. Each tire brand has something different to offer and you need to find out the ideal brand that provides the quality, performance, and overall functionality.
Since you are here, you must be looking for the best tire brands as well. Although there are many tire brands present in the market currently, if you are a beginner and inexperienced, you may have a hard time selecting the ideal tire brand for you. This is why we are here to save you a lot of time and trouble going from one tire brand to another.
In this article, we are going to review the top 15 tire brands that you may want to know about. We have also included a little buying guide at the end of the article so that you would be able to choose the right tire for you as well. Here are the top tire brands that you should know about:
- 1 Best Tire Brands
Best Tire Brands
1. MichelinMichelin is undoubtedly one of the best tire brands that we have today, this brand has been there for a long time and it has gained a lot of popularity and respect among vehicle owners for its high-quality tires. This brand comes from France and it was first launched in 1889. It was also the first brand that produced high-speed tires and made sure that everyone got their ideal tires as well. Nowadays this brand is making all kinds of tires for a wide range of vehicles as well, so you would easily find a tire for every vehicle from bicycle to jumbo jets.This brand is known for providing high-quality tires made up of high-quality rubber and it also saves a lot of fuel as well. Another reason why we chose Michelin as our favorite tire brand is that it features a low-risk factor and provides a well-balanced performance as well.The brand has also got a great research team that makes sure their customers get the best tires which are good for the economy as well as for the environment. Overall, you can find a good range of tires from this brand and they are also reasonably priced as well, so go ahead and take a look at their range of tires for trucks, SUVs, and passengers.
2. ContinentalThe next best tire brand on our list would be none other than Continental. This brand was founded in the 1870s, and with a history of more than 150 years it has come a long way since its inception and is ruling the tire market at present as well. At first, they were only making tires for airplanes but later started making tires for automobiles in the 1890s. This was also the first brand that produced the grooved tires (they claim to be) which now helps drivers to drive in odd weather conditions like rain, cold, mud, and gravel. This also helped the tires to extend their life as well.At present, the brand makes all kinds of tires for a number of vehicles as well. Their tires are divided into 5 main categories: Chassis and Safety, Powertrain, Interior, Tires, and ContiTech. They have a good range of tires that feature superior quality and there is a perfect balance between handling and comfort. The stopping distance on both dry and wet roads has earned a good appreciation from the customers as well. Overall, it is a good tire brand to invest in.
3. GoodyearGoodyear is another one of the popular tire brands that you would certainly like to invest in. This brand was founded in 1898 and is now counted among the top four tire manufacturers in the world. This brand makes tires for a number of vehicles such as bikes, motorcycles, cars, heavy machinery, as well as planes. The brand takes its name after the inventor of vulcanized rubber, Charles Goodyear and this is one of the reasons behind its huge popularity in the world as well.The brand is known for its innovations and new technologies that they use in making tires for several vehicles including for professional racers. They also have some high-speed tires that can go up to 200 mph without any issues. Apart from this, the brand has also passed with flying colors in the treadwear test. Customers have also praised this brand for its amazing handling and good grip.Overall, this is one of the most trusted tire brands in the world to go for, so you will get a good value for money.
4. BridgestoneBridgestone has also made a place for itself in our list of top tire brands in the world and you would like this brand as well. The brand was founded in 19301 and currently, it is one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world. The brand comes from Japan and it is named after its founder Ishibashi (Ishi=stone, Bashi=bridge). The brand has seen some ups and downs as their headquarters were destroyed during a bombing raid, yet they made a good comeback only to rule the tire industry.The brand also merged with an American company Firestone in 1988. After that, they were making all kinds of tires for all kinds of vehicles. They were the first brand that produced the “rayon corded” tires which were stronger and showed more resilience than tires made solely from rubber.Not only is this brand making the best tires in the world, but they are also making efforts to reduce CO2 emissions and using more renewable resources to make their tires. The price maybe a little bit higher than other brands, but given the high brand value and reputation along with the good quality, you would certainly get the best tires here.
5. Cooper TiresCooper Tires is another highly reputed and one of the top tire brands in the world that you need to know about. The brand was founded in 1914 in America. The brand was founded with one aim, to provide quality tires to their customers so that they don’t need to change their tires more often and or have an uncomfortable ride. The brand is also specialized in tire patches, tire cement, and repair kits.They have been very advanced with the technologies and make sure that their customers have got nothing to complain about either. This brand comes with unique tire designs which are built to last. Their tires can handle all kinds of weather as well as roads, so the driver can be relaxed and happy while they drive and enjoy their ride as well.This is another brand that is supporting sustainable development and making sure they are not harming the environment more. Overall, when it comes to finding the best tire brands, Cooper Tires should always be your choice and we are pretty sure that you will get your ideal tire.
6. FalkenFalken is another one of the best tire brands that you should know about and this would certainly provide you with a great range of tires that you can find. It was founded in 1983 and it has been earning a lot of appreciation from its customers as well.This Japanese tire brand is most popularly known among racers as their tire can go at a high speed as well. Customers have always appreciated their versatile and dependable product lines. Over the years, the brand has mastered making all-season tires that are suitable for people living in multi-season climates so they don’t have to buy their tires before any new season.You can find all kinds of tires here for passengers, SUVs, and trucks, so it would be a great brand to go for.
7. BF GoodrichBF Goodrich has also impressed drivers all around the world and become one of the most top-rated tire brands in the world. The brand was founded 115 years ago and they have great experience in making the right kind of tires for their customers.One of the most impressive things about this brand is that they have a great team of engineers who know speed and what it takes to make great tires as well. In a way, we can say that this brand is passionate about speed and stability which drives them to make the best kind of tires for racers as well as for casual everyday drivers.Their focus is all upon performance cars and SUVs and trucks so you will find great tires for these vehicles. Their grip, stability, and good handling have made it one of the top tire brands in the world, so do check it out and see if you can find a good tire for your vehicle.
8. PirelliPerilli also makes one of the top-rated tire brands and this one would impress you as well. This Italian brand was founded in 1872 and is one of the most luxurious tire brands as it is associated with mega giants like Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati. This means they produce some of the high-quality tires that are trusted by some of the richest drivers in the world.The top-quality tires and their innovative designs are what make this brand a big name with a huge reputation. They are known for high-end exotic tires that are ideal for everyday drivers.Overall, since they are trusted with almost all the big car brands, the brand leaves a little to complain about, and this is why you would get the best tire from this brand as well.
9. Toyo TiresToyo Tires is another Japanese tire brand that has been ruling the tire market ever since it was founded in 1945. Not only is the brand known for its superior quality and high-performing tires but it is also known as one of the best budget tire brands with its mid-range tires.The brand first started as a smaller brand, they have evolved to become a big corporation that provides the best quality tires at the world level.You will find various top-rated tires from this brand that features 40% longer tread lives than its competitors which means their tires would last longer. Overall you will find all kinds of tires that can be run on all kinds of roads and would meet high driving needs as well.
10. YokohamaFounded in 1947, Yokohama is another highly reputed tire brand that you will find in the market right now. The brand has earned huge respect in the market and they have been making the best and top quality tires as well. Their cutting-edge technology and innovations are the secret behind their long-lasting tires which claim to reduce rolling resistance, provide fuel economy, and extend tread life.Their tires are known to provide a smooth ride to drivers and would certainly make a difference compared to other brands when it comes to constable rides. Their tires are versatile and durable, and provide good stability and grip, what more can you ask for?
11. KumhoFor a change, we have Kumho on our list which comes from Korea and this is like the 2nd largest tire manufacturers in Korea. The brand was founded almost 100 years ago and they have grabbed a spot on the world’s 10 best tire manufacturers list.They are making quite good tires that have been making a lot of fuzz in the world, so check out this brand and see if you can find something.
12. SumitomoIf you are looking for top quality and best tire brands, Sumitomo is a name that you should know about. Famous for its superior quality, design, and advanced quality, they are making some of the best tires that can be found running on the road today.So do check it out as well, you will find the tires suitable for every kind of road and weather.
13. HankookHankook is another tire manufacturer that is considered one of the largest in the world. They produce over 100 million tires annually all around the world, surprised? Well, this is the reason it got on our list.People who know about this brand also find it worthy of their money and for their vehicle as well.
14. DunlopDunlop is also a top-rated tire brand that you can find, and it also dates back to the 1800s. Currently, they are building tires for cars, planes, bicycles, and motorcycles, among other miscellaneous tires. Overall, with a high brand reputation and good quality tires, it should be your first option to go for.
15. General TireGeneral Tire is another one of the best tire brands that you can find. Here, you will find this brand wherever you go looking for the best tires. They have been making the best tires since 1915 and they have mastered making tires for all kinds of weather, especially the winter tires. You can easily find an ideal tire for your vehicle.
Buying Guide for tires:There are a lot of things that you have to look for or consider before you buy a tire for your vehicle. It’s important that you know these factors so that you can finally find an ideal tire for your vehicle.Here are a few things that you may want to look for in the best tire for your vehicle.
1. Type of TiresOne of the first things that you need to look at would be the ideal type of tire for your vehicle.The type of tires depends on the weather mainly. You need to make sure whether you are going to drive often. There is a tire for each weather such as the summer tires, winter tires, and also all-season tires.If you live in a one-season climate then you may want to buy summer or winter tires but if there are multiple seasons, you may want to go with the all-season tire.
2. SizeYou need to make sure that you are buying the correct size tire for your vehicle. A lot of customers return or replace the tire just because it is a specific size tire for their vehicle and they didn’t check before. Make sure you know the perfect size for your tire.
3. QualityOne of the other things that you need to be super concerned about would be the overall quality of the tires. No one would want to spend on a tire that isn’t of good quality, so just check it before and make sure the tire provides the kind of quality it promised.
4. Speed RatingsA lot of tires today come with speed ratings which tell us how fast these tires can safely go for an extended period of time. It would also tell you the overall performance of the tires.So make sure you buy the right tire considering the speed you normally want to drive your vehicle at. You should know that most luxury or high-performance cars require high-performance tires as well.
5. Run Flat TireNobody wants to experience flat tires and this is where the run-flat tire comes and saves us. These kinds of tires can run for a short period of time even after a puncture or without any air in them. Overall, these can be a lifesaver as well.
6. What kind of road would you usually drive on?This is another one of the ideal factors that you would want to consider. If you are driving on the city roads, you may as well look for the tires that feature the braking distance on both wet and dry roads. The tires should also feature longevity and feature a low rolling resistance to save fuel.With highway roads, you would want a tire that features braking distance at high speed, comfort, and higher stability and grip as well.
7. Warranty and PriceAnother important feature that you need to figure out would be the warranty and price of the tires.You need to make sure that the tires come with a good warranty period so that you can be assured that they will last longer or you can replace or fix them if something goes wrong.Apart from this, the price should be something that concerns you. Overall, the price should be reasonable and worth the tire given its quality and performance. Don’t overspend your budget and always compare the tire to its competitors as well.
ConclusionSo these are some of the most popular tire brands that you needed to know about. We have listed these brands on our list because they are highly rated and customers have given good reviews and high ratings to these brands. We have also considered the quality, price range, and brand value of these tire brands.Overall, you would be able to find an ideal tire from these brands, so go ahead and take a look at these aforementioned tire brands.That would be all for now and we hope that you liked our article and found it helpful.