Is your basement full of water? The sink is clogged? Is the backyard too facing water issues? Well, these are no less than a nightmare for any homeowner. After all who would want to deal with these kinds of things, yet we do and we have to solve the issue before it becomes too much and we need to call a professional and spend a handsome sum of money.
Now, most people have a permanent pump installed to get rid of all the unwanted water. But not all of us can afford a permanent pump for various reasons like some don’t have that much money, some people are living as a tenant and others don’t want to buy a permanent pump because they can only use it for one place.
That is why we have portable sump pumps to deal with all the aforementioned water emergencies.
The portable sump pumps are small devices that are used to remove water from various places. They come in all shapes and sizes and you can easily use them for removing water from multiple places as well.
They are a blessing for everyone who doesn’t want to buy a permanent pump and is looking forward to using it for multiple purposes.
The portable sump pumps are used for the following purposes:
Clearing backyard floods
Emptying water beds
Draining pool covers
Preventing floods from heavy rains
There are many portable sump pumps available in the market to buy. All you have to do is to look out for the ideal one for yourself. But the thing is people get overwhelmed with so many choices and that is why they need some help. In this article, we are going to list out some of the best portable sump pumps that you can rely upon whenever your basement is flooded. We have also provided a buying guide at the end of the article so you can choose the best portable sump pump for yourself.
Go ahead and take a look at the list of the best portable sump pumps and choose the best one for yourself.
- 1 Best Portable Sump Pumps
- 1.1 1. Wayne Thermoplastic Portable Water Removal Pump
- 1.2 2. Wayne PC2 Portable Transfer Water Pump
- 1.3 3. Superior Pump Thermoplastic Sump Pump
- 1.4 4. Goplus Water Transfer Portable Pump
- 1.5 5. SumpMarine Portable Transfer Water Pump
- 1.6 6. Zoeller M57
- 1.7 7. Shaofu Sump Pump Submersible Sump Pump
- 1.8 8. Superior Pump 923331 1/3 HP- Pedestal Sump Pump
- 1.9 9. Trupow 1/10th HP
- 1.10 10. Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub and Swimming Pool Drain Pump
- 1.11 11. Wayne WWB WaterBug Submersible Pump
- 1.12 Buying Guide for Portable Sump Pumps
- 1.13 Conclusion:
Best Portable Sump Pumps
Wayne is one of the leading brands to rely upon when it comes to the best sump pumps. The Wayne Thermoplastic Portable Water Removal pump is all you need when you face any kind of water crisis. It is a 1/2 horsepower submersible utility water pump that can handle material 1/2 inches thick without clogging. It can easily remove water from a 1/2 inch surface.Like its name, it is thermoplastic and it is glass-reinforced housing and the impeller is corrosion resistant which makes it a durable pump. It is designed with 1/4 discharge for high water removal or a 3/4 inch garden hose adapter if you need it for smaller jobs. The product is compact yet powerful and it can be easily used to remove water from flooded basements, boats, low-lying outdoor collection spots, etc.The product comes with a 1-year warranty. And it is pretty reliable and durable as it is assembled in the US with domestic and foreign components. Overall, the product features a good quality and performance so you can always rely on it for any water crisis you face in your house.
Our next pick for the best portable sump pump is again from Wayne. Wayne PC2 Portable Transfer Water Pump is another one of the leading sump pumps that you would love to take home. It is a compact yet powerful sump pump with a 115-volt motor. The pump shows the maximum flow of 340 gallons per hour at a discharge lift of 10 ft.It can drain down to 1/8 in using the suction attachment and lift the water up to 35 ft. It comes with a suction attachment, suction hose, and replacement parts kits. The pump runs on electricity and the power drawn by it is 150W and the horsepower is 0.1.This sump pump can be used for multiple purposes, from removing water from the flooded basements to removing water from aquariums, it would do almost anything and save you from multiple water emergencies so overall, it is a good choice for a portable sump pump.
If any other brand can compete with Wayne in terms of performance and quality then it is Superior. That is why our next best portable sump pump is the Superior Pump Thermoplastic Sump Pump.This one comes with a durable and sturdy design that also features a single piece motor housing that ensures greater heat dissipation. This one features two gears, one would be used by a split capacitor for startup and the other one would be responsible for efficient and continuous operation. This would ensure less energy and more power.The motor is protected by a double seal to ensures water doesn’t enter their motor and it would prevent water failure. The shaft seal is no ordinary seal as it is heavy duty and made up of stainless steel. I can lift water up to 25 ft. It is 100 volt and 0.333 HP.
4. Goplus Water Transfer Portable PumpGoplus Water Transfer Portable Pump is another one of the leading portable sumps pumps to invest in. The pump is made up of heavy-duty metal that ensures high built quality and great performance. Here you would find high-quality copper wires that are responsible for their higher efficiency. It is strong and can transfer a good amount of water as well.You will find stainless steel connectors, copper hose connectors, and a black powder-coated motor shell. This is what makes it durable and sturdy. Even though it features a compact size, the pump features high water for the rate of 330 Gallons per hour at the maximum lift height of 39 ft. You will also find a 6 ft hose and suction attachment which makes things easier. A maximum of 5mm particle can pass through the suction filter. The suction hose is see-through so you can ensure it isn’t dry running.Overall the sump pump is very light in weight and it an also compact which makes it highly portable. It also comes with a long power cord that makes it useful for many purposes and you can use it outdoors as well as indoors.
5. SumpMarine Portable Transfer Water PumpThe SumpMarine Portable Transfer Water Pump is another one of the leading choices for homeowners that experience frequent flooding in their area. This powerful portable sump pump is feature-packed and ensures higher efficiency and excellent performance.It is a 1/10th HP multi-purpose that is capable of transferring 330 gallons of water per hour. It features the ability to remove the water down to 1/8 inch of the surface when the water suction attachment is connected. This makes it multi-purpose as you can not only clean the basement but also clean the pool as well as clean your car. Not only water removal but it is also a good option for water distribution such as watering garden or lawns and draining water beds etc.The product comes with a 6ft water hose as well as a water suction cup. The voltage is 115 volts and it only weighs 5.9lbs so it is quite an amazing product to invest in.
6. Zoeller M57Our next pick for the best portable sump pump is Zoeller M57. This one is a leading choice for the people who frequently face water-clogged sinks or flooded basements. One of the best things about this sump pump is its power. The sump pump is very powerful and you would certainly able to remove all the unwanted water very conveniently and efficiently.The pump is made up of cast iron and stainless steel and it does 1.5-inch discharge lines. Although the pump is pretty heavy and weighs 27 pounds so it would take two hands to move. But it would be pretty easy to leave it in one place for a longer period and if you need to move it, you would just need some extra help. The pump has an anti-clog vortex impeller and it would be able to pass 1/2 inch solids and debris.Overall, if you are seeking a powerful sump pump then Zoeller can be your ideal pick.
7. Shaofu Sump Pump Submersible Sump PumpIf you are looking for the best submersible portable sump pump then Shaofu might be your best choice. The pump features 1/2 HP that can transfer up to 2000 gallons of water per hour at a 16 ft height. One of the reasons that you should buy this sump pump is its 15 ft long power cable that makes it highly portable as you can easily use it anywhere.The sump pump is made up of corrosion-resistant thermoplastic that ensures a long lifespan of the product. It also features a thermal overload protection system that enhances the pump’s safety. The product has received a good review from the user’s thanks to its high quality built and good performance.The motor is easy to use as well as easy to maintain and the users don’t need to maintain an oil-free motor that makes things a lot easier. Overall, you would want to get this one as it ensures good value for your money.
Another light, compact yet powerful pump by Superior should be your topmost choice as it is features packed and ensures good working as well.The pump features a flow rate of 2000 GPH and 20′ head. Its stainless steel body is another one of the reasons why you can rely on it. It is also powerful enough to handle 90 degrees turns in drain pipes. It features a non-corrosive steel drive shaft as well.
Trupow is a low profile and less known portable sump pump but that doesn’t mean it’s not worthy of your money. Nevertheless, the portable sump pump has surprised us all and made sure we can use it with the highest efficiency and get a good performance. It is very light in weight with only 5.2 pounds. It comes with a 6 ft longer hose. It features metal hose connectors that ensure a longer lifespan. The pump also comes with an impeller replacement kit. The maximum flow rate of the pump is 330 GPH. Lastly, it drains water to 1/8″.
Next on our list of best portable sump pump is Professional EZ Travel Collection Hot Tub and Swimming Pool Drain Pump. You will get a 25 ft long hose and a 25 ft electrical hose as well. The pump can drain 3,700 GPH of water. Overall it is a decent portable sump pump to buy.
We have another Wayne portable sump pump that is versatile and highly functional. Here you would certainly love the fact that it features a flow rate of 1257 GPH. It features a good built quality and the pump is sturdy and durable. It can remove the water to 1/16th inch and it can be easily connected to a regular garden hose.Here the pump has received very high ratings from customers so it is reliable and trustworthy.
Buying Guide for Portable Sump PumpsThere are a few things that you would need to consider before buying a portable sump pump so you can end up with the best and ideal sump pump. Take a look at the following features that you need to look for in a portable sump pump.
1. Type of Sump PumpsThe sump pumps are of two types, Pedestal and Submersible. The submersible pumps would sit in the water and remove the water efficiently. These kinds of sump pumps are more expensive and they are better at doing their job. Others are Pedestal which is cheaper than submersible sump pumps and they are also easier to repair as well. They would work above the water so not much heat and energy would be used either. These can be louder than the submersible.
2. Water Flow RateOne of the important features of a sump pump is that how much water it can move per minute or hour. This would the water flow rate. You need to make sure a good amount of water is removed in lesser time so you can quickly remove the water.
3. MaterialSump pumps are made up of various types of materials. The material would largely affect the efficiency and the cost of the sump pump. Materials like bronze, alloy, stainless steel, and epoxy-coated cast iron would be ideal and more appropriate. Just avoid the sheet metal. You don’t want your sump pump to get damaged or become rusty so make sure you invest in the right material of the sump pump as well.
4. Power Cord LengthThe length of the power cord is another important feature that you need to look for in a portable sump pump. A longer power cord would be ideal as you would want to use it anywhere. A limited length can be a barrier. So make sure you at the length of the power cord.
5. WarrantySome of the sump pumps come with a warranty that is if there are any issues with the pump, you can call the customer services and they would fix the issue without charging you anything. See if the pump is coming with a warranty or not and if not then it better be worth risking it.
6. Power sourceThere would be two major power sources for the portable sump pump, one would be the batteries and the other would be the electricity. Although there are a few portable sump pump that is powered by solar panels. The battery-powered portable pumps would be more ideal given the portability of the pump.
7. Size and WeightSince these are portable sump pumps, you might wanna take a look at the size and weight of the pump. You would have to carry it around and use it anywhere you please, so it better be light in weight and small in size as well. This would make it easier to take it anywhere and use it.
8. CostThe cost of the sump pump should be your concern too. Here you might need to look for a portable sump pump that comes under the budget and you don’t spend a fortune. You also need to see if the price you are paying is worth the portable sump pump given its features and build quality.So these are a few features that you need to consider while buying the best portable sump pump for yourself.
Conclusion:Here we have come to an end for our article, the best portable sump pumps. We have listed down all the leading sump pumps that are available in the market that you would like to have. We have done our job and now it’s your turn to pick the best sump pump for yourself. Thank you for visiting our page and we hope you liked our article and found what you have been looking for.