Portable Water Pumps have become one of the must-have home appliances that we can’t miss out on. The portable water pumps are used in many water crises such as pumping the water from boats or flooded basements. These are the things that you are likely to experience if you live in an area surrounded by water or a rainy climate area. Even if these situations are unlikely to happen the portable water pump is used for many other purposes as well such as irrigating the lawns or farms by increasing the water pressure. In short, if you need to transfer the water from one place to another then you would need a portable water pump.
The portable water pump comes in different types as well, such as some can be battery operated, some can be electric and some can be solar powered as well. The sizes, too, vary for portable water pumps. Overall if you look closely, you can easily find the perfect portable water pump for yourself. Although it might be a little more difficult than that because finding the right kind of portable water pump is not that easy as it looks like. You have to go through a lot of them and see if you can find an ideal portable water pump that would serve your needs well. This can be tiresome and time-consuming and this where you need some help.
In this article, we are presenting you with a list of some of the best portable water pumps to find. We have picked the best of 15 portable water pumps for you and at the end of the article, you would also find a buying guide that features the characteristics to look for in a portable water pump.
Go ahead and take a look at the following list of best portable water pumps to choose one from them.
- 1 Best Portable Water Pumps
- 1.1 1. FLUENTPOWER Portable Submersible Pump
- 1.2 2. The HydraPump Mini Portable Transfer Water Pump
- 1.3 3. Liberty Pumps 331 Portable Transfer Pumps
- 1.4 4. Wayne PC2 Portable Transfer Water Pump
- 1.5 5. Portable Mini Electric Water Transfer Utility Pump
- 1.6 6. The Power Clear Transfer Water Pump
- 1.7 7. TRUPOW 115 Volt Portable Electric Water Pump
- 1.8 8. SuperHandy Water Transfer Pump Utility
- 1.9 9. EXTRAUP 115 volt 330 GPH Portable Water Pump
- 1.10 10. AlphaWorks Gas Water Transfer Pump Portable
- 1.11 11. Superior Pump 91570 1/2 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump
- 1.12 12. TACKLIFE Submersible Water Pump
- 1.13 13. Submersible Clean/Dirty Water Sump Pump
- 1.14 14. WaterAce WA80UP Submersible Utility Pump
- 1.15 15. Decdeal Submersible Water Pump Ultra Quiet Pump for Pond
- 1.16 Things to Consider While Buying the Best Portable Water Pump
- 1.17 Conclusion
Best Portable Water Pumps
FLUENTPOWER portable water pump is our first choice and the brand has proven it’s worthy of our trust for 10 years now. With this portable water pump, you would get the best quality and best performance. The pump features thermal overload protection with an efficient motor. The max head for the pump is 16.5ft. The pump is battery powered so you don’t need to find a switch every time you use it.The portable water pump has a compact design and it is lightweight so it is easy to store as well as carry around. The easy to install set up is quite impressive too. The flow rate for the portable water pump is 15000 GPH (gallon per hour). The outer shell is made up of high-quality thermal plastic which is Eco friendly. You would get a one-year limited warranty with the water pump.The water pump is pretty versatile that can be used for hot tubs, water tanks, pools, rain barrels, etc. It can be used all around the house and for many purposes as well.Key Features
- The flow rate is 15000 GPH and the Maximum head is 16.5 ft.
- Made up of environmental thermoplastic
- Lightweight and compact design
- Features 1 year of the limited warranty
The HydraPump mini is another one of the best portable water pumps to buy right now. With a flow rate of 330 GPH, this one is perfect for domestic use. It weighs only 5.9lbs and the design is compact too so it would be pretty easy to use or take it wherever you want.The material used in the water pump is pretty durable and sturdy and there is a metal hose connector as well. The users would also get a 6ft long water hose with it. The water pump would work amazingly with the clean water but might be useful with chemicals or other liquids. Lastly, the low price of the water pump is what makes it even more desirable. Overall it is a good enough portable water pump with some decent features.Key Features
- The flow rate is 330 GPH
- Lightweight and compact design
- Easy to use and set up
- Made up of durable plastic
Liberty Pumps is also counted among the best portable water pumps. If you are looking for a portable water pump for a hot water pump then this one would be the best pick for you. This is because the water pump can work with a high temperature of liquids(135F). The maximum suction lift of the septic pump is 180″.It features a sleek finishing with epoxy powder coating and it is pretty sturdy and durable. The portable pump features 2 years of warranty. The performance is reliable and strong. It might be a bit expensive but it’s worth it was given the features.Key Features
- Delivers 40 pounds of pressure and the water consumption is 1400 gallons
- Quiet operation
- Ideal to drain the hot water tank
- Comes with 2 years of warranty
The Wayne has also made a place for itself in our list of best portable water pumps. It looks pretty sleek and compact so it would be pretty easy to store as well. The lightweight portable water pump makes it easier to carry around. It features a 300 GPH of flow rate at 10 ft of discharge lift. With bronze platted discharge it provides a long lifetime.The motor is powerful and it can work wonders and this is the reason why people prefer this portable water pump for their needs. It features a 1-year warranty. You can use vegetable oil if needed. Overall it is a portable, powerful, and cost-efficient water pump to buy.Key Features
- 330 GPH of flow rate and water can be lifted up to 10 ft
- The water pump comes with a one-year warranty
- Compact and lightweight design
This one, too, makes a pretty great choice for the best portable water pump to buy. The water can be pumped at the rate of 330 gallons per hour. The maximum lift for the pump is 39ft. This one is made up of stainless steel and aluminum which is rust free and makes the pump more durable and strong.The portable pump can be used for removing water from aquariums, outdoor pools and ponds, basement water seepage, clogged sinks, rain barrels, and so on. It can also be used in the garden and lawns for irrigation.The portable water pump also features some accessories such as a 6 ft water hose, filter board, and motor brush/impeller kit. It weighs only 5.8 pounds so it’s quite easy to move as well.Key Features
- 330 gallons per hour of flow rate and the maximum lift is 39 ft
- Ideal for domestic use
- Comes with useful accessories
The Power Clear transfer is another one of the best portable water pumps that you can buy. This one, just as his name suggests, is powerful with a flow rate of 555 GPH and it has a 98′ max head of delivery. The portable water pump weighs 11lbs so it’s a little heavier than others but given its performance, it’s justified.Users would get a filter and a check valve with this water pump. The body is made up of strong and durable material and it does not feel very cheap. Although the usage of this water pump is not very friendly with the people who have not a good experience with water pumps. What’s most attractive about this portable water pump, is its cheap price? The product also comes with a one year warranty as well.Key Features
- 555 GPH flow rate and maximum head are 98″.
- Powerful water pump with heavy-duty features
- Comes at an affordable price
- One year-long battery
We have yet another powerful and one of the best portable water pumps for you and this is none other than TRUPOW. This one comes with a flow rate of 1450 GPH and the maximum delivery height is 120ft. This is what makes it ideal for people who are looking for a powerful water pump for domestic use.The body of the water pump is made up of iron which makes it durable and sturdy. The hose connector is made up of brass. The pump is battery operated so it is quite useful to use outdoors or somewhere with a lack of electricity. Whether you have to unclog the sink, drain the water tank or pool, or use it for the aquarium, the water pump is ideal for you. The customers have left a positive review for the water pump.Key Features
- 1450 GPH of water flow and 120 ft of maximum delivery height
- Made up of iron and the connectors are made up of brass
- Battery operated which makes it ideal for outdoor use
- Give the best value for your money
SuperHandy comes in very handy when you are facing a water crisis in your house or anywhere else. The portable pump is quite powerful with the 1525 GPH flow rate and 40 feet lift height. It is an electric-powered portable water pump.The water pump is made up of heavy-duty steel so it is sturdy and durable. This won’t rust easily as it is made up of anti-rust material. Although it is advised that the pump is used for only the clean water with a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius. The pump can be used for many purposes such as gardening, draining water tanks, or flooded basements.Key Features
- 1525 GPH flow rate with 40 feet maximum head lift
- Made up of stainless steel with an anti-rust finish
The next best portable water pump on our list is EXTRAUP. With a flow rate of 330 GPH and a maximum lift height of 39 feet, this one can come in handy for not-so-heavy water draining usage. The water pump comes with a water strainer, a 6″ hose, and an impeller replacement kit. Users have praised this product for its noiseless operation. It can be used with washing machines, aquariums, water heaters, etc.Key Features
- The flow rate of the motor is 330 GPH and the maximum head lift is 39 feet
- Easy to use, durable material, and is cable of small operations
- Noiseless operation
If you are looking for the best portable water pump for commercial use then AlphaWorks should be your first choice. The water pump has a flow rate of 132 GPM and the suction height is 23 ft and the delivery ft is 92 ft.The water pump features a sturdy and powerful construction as well, featuring a frame made up of heavy-duty cast iron. The safety of the user is also considered while it’s making. Given its heavy-duty performance and professional use, the weight is moderate and the design is compact as well.Key Features
- Made for professional use
- The flow rate is 132 ft and the maximum height is 92 ft
- Heavy duty and powerful
Superior Pump too makes a great choice for the best portable water pump. The pump features a high rate of 3000 GPH. The pump is made up of durable thermoplastic. It is battery operated as well as use electricity as it’s a power source. The size is quite small and it is lightweight as well. It comes with a warranty of one year.Key Features
- The flow rate can go up to 3000 GPH
- Small and compact design
- One year warranty
TACKLIFE is another one of the leading portable water pumps that you can consider buying. It too small and lightweight and can be carried anywhere easily. The flow rate is 2550GPH. It features an automatic switch that can detect a low water level. The body of the pump is made up of non-corrosive material. It can be a little more expensive than others.Key Features
- 2550 GPH of flow rate
- Durable, compact, and lightweight
The submersible water pump is an amazing portable water pump to buy. It features a flow rate of around 2500 GPH at 16 feet. The body is made up of thermoplastic and it can come in handy for many usages. It’s a small and nice water pump but isn’t made up for heavy-duty performance.Key Features
- Flow rate is approximately 2500 GPH at 16 Feet
- Made up of thermoplastic and is durable
WaterAce is another one of the best portable water pumps that you need to know about. The water pump is mostly used in the low lying flood area to empty the flooded basements. The flow rate is around 3000 GPH which is quite impressive. It is made up of corrosion-resistant thermoplastic which makes it durable and long-lasting. The water pumps come with a warranty and would be used for small and medium jobs.Key Features
- 3000 GPH flow rate
- Made up of durable and high-quality thermoplastic
- Small in size and weighs around 10 lbs
- Ideal for small and medium jobs
Decdeal is one of the best portable water pumps that you can find. This one too is a leading choice for people who are looking for the best portable water pump with decent features at an affordable price. This one is a small water pump and it can be used for aquariums or small ponds. There is a water filter to prevent blockage in the inlet and for durable suckers. It doesn’t make any noise so you won’t be waking up the whole house when you use it. Brushless pumps with the magnetic rotor.Key Features
- Small electric portable pump to use for small tasks such as the aquarium or bathtub.
- Equipped with a filter and detachable design
- Noiseless operation.
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Portable Water Pump1. Maximum Head and PressureThe maximum head refers to the maximum height up to which the pump can transfer the water. Since you are buying a portable water pump you might wanna buy the pump that comes with an ideal max head for you. If the pump pressurizes the water higher than the max head the flow rate would become zero. So make sure to look for the pump with a desirable max head.
2. Flow RateAfter the max head, the flow rate is another one of the crucial characteristics that you need to consider while pickup up the best portable water pump for yourself.The flow rate is defined as the time taken by the pump to pump out a certain amount of water. It would be measured by liters per minute or Gallons per minute or second! You need to decide what flow rate would be ideal for you, for example, if you are buying a portable water pump for commercial use then you should go for a higher flow rate, and if you are going to use it for domestic use then smaller flow rate would get the job done as well.
3. The Inlet SizeThe inlet size is another important characteristic that you need to consider. The inlet size varies from one to six inches. The larger inlet size would mean a faster operation and the water would be pumped out much faster as well.
4. Construction QualityYou don’t wanna spend your money on a portable water pump that isn’t made up of quality materials. The construction quality must be the best one so that the pump would last longer and you won’t face the issues of damaging it further. Make sure you look at the motor and the body of the pump and see if the material is of the best quality or not.
5. WarrantySome of the water pumps come with a warranty that is if there are any issues with the pump, you can call the customer services and they would fix the issue without charging you anything. See if the pump is coming with a warranty or not and if not then it better be worth risking it.
6. Power sourceThere would be two major power sources for the portable water pump, one would be the batteries and the other would be the electricity. Although there are a few portable water pump that is powered by solar panels. The battery-powered portable pumps would be more ideal given the portability of the pump.
7. Size and WeightSince these are portable water pumps, you might wanna take a look at the size and weight of the pump. You would have to carry it around and use it anywhere you please, so it better be light in weight and small in size as well. This would make it easier to take it anywhere and use it.
8. CostThe cost of the water pump should be your concern too. Here you might need to look for a portable water pump that comes under the budget and you don’t spend a fortune. You also need to see if the price you are paying is worth the portable water pump given its features and build quality.So these are a few features that you need to consider while buying the best portable water pump for yourself.
ConclusionWe have come to an end for our article as we have provided the best portable water pumps that you can find out there. We have looked for the best features and a wide price range so you can find an ideal portable water pump for yourself. Thank you for your time and we hope you found the best portable water pump to buy.