We all love it when it snows until we have to get out of the house and clean the snow so that we can drive. I am sure that snow looks pretty to everyone but not until they have to remove it from their porches and make way for their cars or other vehicles. Now, there are many ways through which you can remove the snow. The shovel, being the trading one, is the most popular. But it would only work with the little snowfall and you have lots of time. For a time-efficient solution, you will have to do with snow blowers.
A snow blower is a powerful tool that would remove snow faster than any other power shovel or tool. They make removal of high amounts of snow, even as deep as 10″ a piece of cake and you would be able to do that without any disturbance noise. The snow blowers can be gas-powered or electric. Most people choose electric snow blowers as they are more effective, efficient, make less noise, and are also lightweight as well.
Electric snow blowers are very popular in the areas where the snowfall is frequent and extreme. If you are here then you would be looking for a good electric snow blower as well, right? Well, in this case, you have found the right place.
Since the demand for electric snow blowers has increased, more and more brands are making the best quality electric snow blowers, which means you have too many choices and options to choose from. This can be overwhelming and confusing as you may not figure out which one to buy and you will have to spend a lot of your time too. That is why we are here with a list of the top 11 electric snow blowers which you should invest in.
Go ahead and take a look at the following best electric snow blowers and you can also look at the buying guide which we have mentioned below for more information on how to choose a good electric snowblower.
- 1 Best Electric Snow Blowers
- 1.1 1. Snow Joe Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower
- 1.2 2. EGO Power+ SN2102
- 1.3 3. Greenworks 20 Inch 13 Amp Corded Snow Thrower
- 1.4 4. WEN 5662 Blaster 13.5 Amp 18 Inch Electric Snow Thrower
- 1.5 5. Toro 38381 18 Inch Electric 1800 Snow Blower
- 1.6 6. Earthwise SN74018 Cordless Electric
- 1.7 7. Snow Joe Ultra SJ621
- 1.8 8. Snow Joe iON182SB Single Stage Snowblower
- 1.9 9. Toro 38361 Power Shovel Electric Snow Thrower
- 1.10 10. AlphaWorks Snow Thrower
- 1.11 11. AchiForce 20 Inch Cordless Snow Blower
- 1.12 Buying Guide for Electric Snow Blowers:
- 1.13 Conclusion
Best Electric Snow Blowers
Snow Joe, which is a sub-brand of Sun Joe, is a great brand that you can rely on when it comes to the best electric snow blower. This one has been highly rated and it has been appreciated by customers with lots of positive reviews, all thanks to its brilliant performance and food functionality.With this electric snow blower, you will get 18 inches of clearing blade with 15 A powerful motor which is more than enough to clear the snow up. The snow clearing capacity is 720 lbs per minute which are quite impressive. The cutting depth is 10″ and it features 4 blade steel auger, which means it would be able to remove lots of snow for a long time as well. It’s a corded electric snow blower with an extension cord of 100 feet, so your movement won’t be restricted.Furthermore, you will find a 180-degree adjustable chute so the snow will be thrown 25 feet away. It also comes with a headlight (23W halogen light) which makes it easier to remove snow at night or in less light. It comes with a 2-year warranty so it’s pretty reliable.
EGO Power+ is another one of the top-rated electric snow blowers that you need to know about. Here, this one is battery powered which means you won’t have to deal with the cords. It features the power of a gas engine while working on electricity. This one comes with a 56 volts snow removal ability and it features two ARC Lithium batteries. It is a heavy-duty snowblower that is made to remove lots of snow at once. Not only heavy snow, but this one is also capable of removing the wet snow, so if you need to urgently go somewhere while it’s snowing then you may rely on this. You will also find the LED lights for more convenience.It features 21 inches of clearing width and it can throw away the snow up to 35 feet away. The battery would last long enough to clear a ten-car driveway cleared in 8-inch snow. It is exotic friendly and the carbon footprints are much less than its competitors. Although for these amazing features you may have to pay extra, so you have to bear that in mind. It doesn’t make loud noises or toxic fumes so it’s naturally everyone’s favorite electric snow blower.
Greenworks is another reputable and one of the most trusted brands among the customers. This brand has always worked hard to provide the best products to its customers which would make their lives easier and that too without breaking the bank. So when it comes to finding the top-rated electric snow blower, Greenworks was our first choice. This model of the electric snow blower is corded and is very powerful as well.It features a 13 Amp motor which is powerful and would work for long enough without getting wear and tear. It’s highly reliable and durable and it is made up of long-lasting material as well. The clearing width is 20 inches while the clearing depth is 10 inches. Here, you will find 2600 RPM speed for the augers. The 7-inch wheels make it easier to move it around. It features a 180-degree chute and dual LED light is included as well.Lastly, you will get a 4-year long warranty which means you should be assured of a smooth performance at least for four years. Overall, it is undoubtedly one of the best electric snow blowers on Amazon to invest in.
Next on our list of best-rated electric snow blowers is none other than WEN Blaster. This one is very popular among the people who witness heavy snowfalls and snowstorms as they need something powerful to remove the snow and this one is a great choice for them.It comes with a 13.5 Amp motor which is powerful and reliable enough to remove the snow swiftly. This one features a clearing width of 18 inches, this may not be the highest but it is reliable enough thanks to its higher snow removal capacity, which is 490 lbs of snow per minute. The cutting depth is 7.8 inches which should be enough for you. It can throw snow 20 feet away and it features a 180-degree adjustable chute as well. It also features 6 inches wheels which are pretty sturdy. It also features an extension cord holder which is a useful feature when it comes to storing. The rotation speed is up to 2000 RPM.Lastly, it comes with a warranty of 2 years which is pretty impressive. Overall, if you are looking for a decent and overall best electric snow blower under budget then this one should be your first choice.
Toro is undoubtedly one of the best electric snow blowers that you can find. This one too comes from a highly reputable brand that has always impressed its customers with high-quality products at a reasonable price.This electric snow blower features a powerful 15 Amp motor which is strong enough to clear a high capacity of snow (700 lbs per minute). With 18 inches of clearing width and 12 inches of clearing depth, it should be more than enough.One of the best parts is you can choose variable speed so you will be able to have more control on the snowblower. Its decent build quality and the 2-year warranty is more than enough for you.
Earthwise is also an amazing electric snow blower that you would want to know about. It is battery powered which means you won’t have to deal with the cords. It comes with a 40-volt brushless motor which is responsible for smooth functioning and low noise. The clearing width is 18 inches while the clearing depth is 12 inches. Here the snow clearing capacity of this snow blower is 500 lbs per minute, which is not that bad if you think.The battery would last for about half an hour with 2.5 hours of charge. So even if there is a power cut and the snow blowers are fully charged, you would be able to remove the snow. There are LED spotlights also featured.
Snow Joe Ultra has also made it to our list and this one won’t fail you either. It comes with a 13.5 Amp motor which can clear 650 lbs of snow per minute. The throwing distance is around 20 feet and the clearing depth and clearing width are 10 and 18 inches respectively. It also features the LED lights and you might like the fact that this brand is working with sustainable technology which makes it eco-friendly.
This model from Snow Joe also makes a great electric snow blower with some of the best features and high-end quality. This is another battery-powered and cordless snowblower and it comes with a run time of 65 minutes. Customers like this one because of this low noise operation which makes it ideal for residential areas.
If you are looking for a compact and lightweight electric snow blower then this power shovel from Toro should be your first option. It is not very powerful but would certainly be enough when it comes to clearing snow effectively. It features a clearing width of 12 inches and the snow clearing capacity is 300 rounds per minute. It would throw the snow 20 feet away. It’s corded and features a 7.5 Amp motor. The clearing depth is about 6 inches and the cord lock system is pretty impressive too.
It is another light-duty electric snow blower that would remove the light snow effectively. The clearing depth for this electric snow blower is around 5 inches while the clearing width is 10 inches. It is cordless and comes with a 20 voltage motor and the power blades can throw snow up to 25 feet away. Overall, it’s easy to handle and quite amazing to work with as well. It’s lightweight and compact and you can easily store it as well.
11. AchiForce 20 Inch Cordless Snow BlowerAchiForce is another one of the top-rated electric snow blowers that you need to know about. This one is also cordless and battery-operated. It featured a brushless motor that is responsible for quiet operation. The speed is about 2000 RPM and the clearing depth is 10 inches high. It can snow 20 feet away. Overall, it’s more than enough for light-duty snow removal operation, so check it out.
Buying Guide for Electric Snow Blowers:Since there are so many choices, you might wanna know how to choose the best electric snow blowers for yourself. There are a lot of factors that make an electric snow blower the best and better than the others, so you need to look after those factors and choose what is best for you. If you have never used an electric snow blower you may not be familiar with it, so here are some of the things that you need to look for in an electric snow blower.
1. TypeWhen it comes to electric snow blowers there are two types of snow blowers that you will find, the corded and the cordless. You can guess by their name, that the farmers would come with a cord that you need to plug in while the latter would operate on battery and will be without a cord.Both of them have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages, you may need to weigh them up and look for the right choice for yourself.Corded would be eco-friendly, will feature a powerful motor, and would be highly functional as well. Cordless electric snow blowers on the other hand would be portable, easy to handle and store, would run on battery, and they are highly versatile too. The price may vary for both of them, so you need to take care of that.
2. Motor PowerThe motor is one of the key elements in the electric snow blowers which will determine its power and strength. The motor power is measured in amps and the more the power would, the better would be its performance. The motor power for the cordless snow blowers would be messed up in volts. So you should always check the power of the motor before buying the snow blower and see how well it would perform and how easily it would be able to remove the snow as well.
3. Clearing WidthAnother thing that you need to consider would be the clearing width. It is important that you go for an electric snow blower that comes with adequate clearing so that it would clear a lot of snow at once. Clearing width is the horizontal size of the auger’s blade.In most of the electric snow blowers, the average clearing width would be between 15″-22″, so you can choose any of them which suits your needs best.
4. Cutting DepthThe cutting depth is also an important feature that you can’t ignore. This one would determine the ability of electric snow blowers to remove the snow off large heights. This would be determined with the height of the auger’s blade vertically. Just like the clearing width, it would be better if you choose the larger cutting depth in an electric snowblower.
5. Snow Clearing CapacitySnow clearing capacity might be the most important feature as you need to know how efficient and effective the snow blower would be and how fast it can remove the snow from your driveway or sidewalks. It would be measured in terms of pounds per minute or tons per hour.The average snow clearing capacity for electric snow blowers is around 700-800 lbs per minute. There are some with higher capacity and some with lower capacity as well, so you can choose based on how much snowfall occurs in your area and how fast you want to remove the snow as well.
6. Auger and BladeAn auger is a working blade or tool head of the snow blower and it would be responsible for moving away from the snow and throwing it away leaving a clear land. So, it has to be strong and reliable and this is why you need to check it out as well. It should be made from durable and strong material which would last for a longer period and is also strong enough to lift the snow.The auger consists of multiple blades so you need to check the number of blades too, generally, four is considered average and good enough. The material of the auger is either steel or plastic in most of cases. The steel auger would be more expensive but it would be stronger and more durable than the plastic one.Other than this, you may wanna look at the speed at which the auger would work. The speeds like 2000 RPM or 2500 RPM is considered average and better than lower speed.
7. Size and WeightThe size and weight of the electric snow blower also matter. You need to consider the right size and weight which you can handle, so it shouldn’t be too large or too small. You just pick the size which you would find most comfortable working with. The small and compact snow blower would be ideal if you have less storage space. Overall, it should be based on what you can handle.
8. WheelsWheels are also something that you would need to consider. Here, you need to know if you can easily move it while you are removing the snow, after all, you won’t want to drag it around just like that, right? You can see what type of wheel they are, airless or air-tight? What is their size? And how long will they last? These are some of the things that you might wanna give your attention to.
9. Durability and ReliabilitySnow blowers are not something you would wanna buy again and again, so it would be better if you invest in a good electric snow blower once for all and keep using it for a long time as well. You would want to invest in an electric snow blower which is made up of sturdy and durable material.Also, you may as well wanna look at the warranty period of the electric snow blower so if something goes wrong you can call the manufacturer and get it done.
10. Extension CordThe extension cord does play an important role when it comes to corded electric snow blowers. You would want to invest in a snow blower that comes with a larger extension cord so that your moment won’t be restricted and you can easily clear the snow without any limitations.
11. Extra FeaturesApart from these, there are many other features that you would consider and these are:
- Speed Control: You would want to control the speed of clearing the snow and you should be able to increase or decrease it at your convenience. So make sure you look at the speed control options in the electric snow blower.
- Handles are also very important factors. As they should be comfortable to hold and also heated so that your hands stay warm even in the freezing temperature and you can easily remove the snow as well.
- Lights should also be present, because you may need to clear the snow at night or when there is no sunlight, so the light would help you to see better.
- Overall, the electric snow blower should be easy to use and maintain as well so you don’t have to spend too much of your time learning how to use it.
12. PriceYou need to know if the electric snow blower that you are buying is worth its price. This is why you need to consider the price of the snow blower as well. You would want to buy the best electric snow blower which is affordable and gives the best value as well. So make sure you set the budget and look for the best snow blower in that price range. You can also check the customer reviews and the ratings to know whether or not it is worth your money.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best electric snow blowers that you can find. We have selected them given their amazing features and ability to clear snow at a faster rate. These are easy to use and also come with high ratings and lots of positive reviews. We have mentioned the top affordable electric snow blowers so you can easily choose the right one for yourself. So go ahead and choose the right electric snow blowers for yourself and buy them right away, because there is no good reason why you should use a shovel and spend hours removing the snow and make a way in front of your house.