Who doesn’t like snow? I bet we all do, after all watching the snowfall and getting cozy in our room near the window is always fun, right? Although the time after the snowfall or sometimes after a snowstorm is not always pleasant as there is snow everywhere and you have to make way for yourself or your car or just simply remove the snow. Well, this is not an easy task and we all know that. Some people remove the snow manually with an ordinary shovel while others want to do it with much less effort and time which means they would be using an electric appliance to remove the snow.
Although electric snow blowers are also a popular option, some people go for electric snow shovels which are easier to handle and also very compact and lightweight. You won’t get wheels in some of the power shovels and they would be easy to operate with simpler features and interface. So people who don’t like the so-called tech-savvy gadgets might choose an electric snow shovel rather than a snowblower.
Since you are here, you must be looking for an electric snow shovel, right? Well in this case you have found the best place and you will get everything that you want to know about the top electric snow shovels and how to buy them.
The thing is, there are so many choices when it comes to choosing an electric snow shovel which means it is easy to get confused while looking at different snow shovels, and selecting one becomes harder than you can imagine this is why you would want to take some help and know the leading electric snow shovels so you can choose the best for yourself.
In this article, we are going to list down the top 11 electric snow shovels that you can rely upon for removing snow without any hassle. You will also find a buying guide for electric snow shovels at the end of the article so you would know what to choose and how to choose.
Let’s take a look at the following top 10 electric snow shovels and see which one is a perfect fit for you.
- 1 Best Electric Snow Shovels
- 1.1 1. Snow Joe Cordless Snow Shovel
- 1.2 2. Corded Toro Power Shovel
- 1.3 3. Greenworks Corded Snow Shovel
- 1.4 4. Earthwise Corded Snow Shovel
- 1.5 5. Snow Joe 323E 13 inches 10 Amp Electric Snow Shovel
- 1.6 6. Greenworks G Max
- 1.7 7. Snow Joe ION13SS Electric Snow Shovel
- 1.8 8. Greenworks Pro Heavy Duty Thrower
- 1.9 9. Toro 38361 Power Shovel
- 1.10 10. Earthwise Cordless Snow Thrower
- 1.11 Buying Guide for Electric Snow Shovels:
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Electric Snow Shovels
Snow Joe is one of the most popular brands when it comes to snow blowers or snow shovels and it has never disappointed its fans either, this is why our first pick for the best electric snow shovel is none other than Snow Joe Cordless Snow Shovel. This one is, as its name says, cordless which means no struggle with the wires and no limited movement. This one features a great design, performance, and overall functionality, which makes it everyone’s favorite.Moving on to the features, this snow shovel can throw the snow up to 25 feet away which would be more than enough. It comes with enough power to clean the yard in one go without any hassle. It is powered by a 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery which can last for almost 50 minutes. The batteries might need to change after 5-7 years but till then it would work just fine. It features a clearing width of 13 feet and it weighs around 10 lbs so it’s pretty cool.Overall, this is a decent electric snow shovel to invest in and you would get great performance and a great value for your money, lastly it comes with a 2-year warranty as well. So it would be safe to say that this is one of the best electric snow shovels you can find.
Toro is another one of the leading brands that have produced quite a few amazing snow blowers and snow shovels, which is why it made a place in our list of best electric snow shovels. This is a corded snow shovel which means you have to deal with the wire and plug it in the switch. The bright side of the corded snow shovels would be more power and unlimited time as long as you have an electric supply.The clearing width of this electric snow shovel is 12 inches, which is pretty amazing. The clearing depth is 6 inches so you can easily clear a moderate amount of snow. The shovel weighs around 13 pounds and it’s easy to move around and also to store. The snow would be blown 20 feet away and it can move 300 lbs of snow per minute. The telescopic handle is another one of the things that you would appreciate as it can be adjusted to your ideal height. The twin blade operation is also a plus point.Moving on, the one-touch start and convenient function is everything that you need to know about. Here, the shovel comes at a reasonable price and it features a warranty of 2 years as well.
Greenworks corded snow shovel is another one of the top-rated electric snow shovels that you need to know about. This one too features an among functionality and user-friendly nature which makes it ideal for everyone. The shovel comes with a 13 inches clearing width which would help you to clear the area quickly and efficiently. This is an affordable electric snow shovel that is ideal for lighter snowfalls and the area where snowfall happens less frequently.The clearing depth of the shovel is about 6 feet which is ideal for light snowfalls. It may be a light-duty electric snow shovel but it would be more than enough to effectively clean the area without putting in too much effort or energy. It comes with a warranty of 4 years so it is quite reliable and durable.Moving on, it is lightweight and easy to handle. Overall, it is ideal for anyone looking for the best electric snow shovel under budget.
Earthwise is another one of the popular brands that have never let down their customers which means you can trust their products. This is a leading electric snow shovel that is powered by a cord that needs to be plugged into a power outlet. So you can run it as long as you have an electric supply. The best part of this electric snow shovel is its affordable price as you don’t have to break a bank or compromise with the quality either.It comes with a 9 Amp motor which would effectively clean out the snow swiftly. It has got a clearing width of 16 inches which is pretty wide and also one of the highest in this price range. The electric snow shovel can remove 300 lbs of snow per minute which is pretty impressive. It has also got wheels on the front which facilitates its mobility.The machine weighs around 16 lbs which makes it a heavy-duty power snow shovel. It has also got a warranty period of 2 years so you can rely on it. The user-friendly operation and the power throwing would be more than enough at this price range.
We have another top electric snow shovel from Snow Joe that you would like to buy and this one features a 10 Amp motor which would more than clear the driveway or the walking path. This one is a corded electric snow shovel which means if you didn’t like the earlier battery-powered model from the brand then you can take a look at this one. The clearing width of the snow shovel is about 13 inches and it can throw away the snow about 20 feet as well.It also features an adjustable handle which features an ergonomic design and large rear wheels which makes it quite portable and easy to move around. The lightweight design is a plus point too and you would certainly love the fact that it can easily be used by anyone.The electric snow shovel features a 2-year warranty and you would certainly like that as well. Overall, it comes from a reputable brand and features great functionality as well, so you would get great value for money. Go ahead and check it out, you won’t regret buying it.
Greenworks G Max is another one of the best electric snow shovels that you would like to invest in. This one is an ideal electric snow shovel if you are looking to remove snow from narrow sidewalks and tight corners, which are pretty difficult to clean. This one is also a cordless electric snow shovel so you don’t need to engage in the wire and the battery runs around half an hour which is enough for a small yard or sidewalks.The battery is compatible with other Greenworks products as this product comes with a battery and charger. The snow is thrown very far away too. Overall, if you like Greenworks and looking for a lightweight duty power shovel then this should be your first choice.
The ION13SS is also a well-known electric snow shovel on Amazon that you can invest in. This one comes in both a corded and cordless model so you can choose anyone according to your convenience. The snow would be thrown far away which gives you a good room to clean the snow off the driveway or walkways. It’s lightweight so it’s pretty easy to move around.The clearing depth is 6 inches while the clearing width is around 13 inches, and the snow would be thrown 20 feet away. It is pretty fast and convenient to use. So overall, you will get a pretty good deal.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty electric snow shovel then this one from Greenworks might be a good choice for you. It comes with the ability to cut 20 inches wide and 10 inches deep. We can say that it’s appropriate for areas that are prone to heavy snowfall. The snow would be thrown 20 to 30 feet away which is again very impressive.It is battery-powered and can last for 40 minutes which would be enough. The shovel features a foldable design so you can easily store it as well. Overall it is a pretty amazing electric snow shovel to invest in.
We have yet again from Toro and it would certainly impress you too. This one comes with a 12-inch clearing width and it can remove 300 lbs of snow per minute. It is lightweight and features a mono auger and dual blade. The snow would be thrown 20 feet away. Overall it’s a decent electric snow shovel to invest in.
We have another electric snow shovel from Earthwise for you. This one is cordless and comes with a 20-volt motor. Here, you would get 12-inch clearing width and 3.5 feet clearing depth. This one features 300 lbs of snow throwing capacity and it would throw snow 25 feet away. Overall, it’s pretty amazing and reliable, above all the snow shovel comes at a reasonable price as well.
Buying Guide for Electric Snow Shovels:Since you are looking for the best electric snow shovel, it would be nice if you know what makes snow shovel best or even better than others. For that, you need to have good knowledge about the important features and what to look for in an electric snow shovel as well. So here, we are listing out some of the important characteristics that you may want to look for when it comes to selecting a good electric snow shovel for yourself.
1. Corded or Battery PoweredWhen it comes to electric snow shovels, you will generally get two options, and these are corded and battery-powered. Of course, each one of them has its benefits and some drawbacks which you will need to consider before deciding which one you want.The corded ones, as their name suggests, would come with a power cord which you will need to insert in an outlet to use the snow shovel. These are considered more powerful and cheaper than battery-powered. Although you may need to limit your movement while clearing the snow. The area you can cover would totally depend on the length of the wire.On the other hand, the battery-powered are more compact and portable as they do not require a power cord which allows you to cover a larger area. Although the time here might be limited as the battery won’t last that long or it would last for a limited period of time. They are not that powerful and also a bit more expensive than corded. Nevertheless, customers are choosing these as they don’t need the constant electric supply.Overall you can choose either one as per your requirement and convenience.
2. Adjustable Height HandleThis is another one of the leading characteristics that you would need to consider while choosing the best electric snow shovel for yourself. The handle plays an important part as you will have to grab it while removing the snow. So you need to make sure it has got a nice grip as well as is also adjustable. If it’s adjustable then you can adjust the height according to you and comfortably use it as well. This way you will get better control over the snow shovel and using it would be better.
3. LED HeadlightsThe LED Headlights are also something that you would need to consider. You have to know that removing snow can be required at any time of the day or night, which means you may not always have a good light to see the snow. This is why it is important to have LED headlights in the electric snow shovel so that you would be able to clearly see and use the shovel at your convenience.
4. Size and WeightThe size and weight are also some of the features that you need to consider so that you can easily get the best performance and nice mobility as well as convenience as well. The weight should be ideal for you so that you can handle it nicely and on the other hand the size should be too moderate and not too big or too small for you. Size can also impact the storage of the electric snow shovel when it’s not used. So overall, do look after these specifications of an electric snow shovel as well.
5. MotorThe motor is another one of the things that makes a huge impact on the overall performance of the given electric snow shovel. So it’s pretty important that you know how powerful the motor is and if the electric snow shovel can remove the snow efficiently.So the power of the motor should be something that you look after while buying the best electric snow shovel for yourself.
6. Length of the Cord or Battery LifeOne of the things that you would need to check out in the corded electric snow shovels would be the length of the cord. It is important that you have a longer length so you can easily move it around and make sure that you can cover a large area. Or you can also get a cord extension as well.When it comes to battery-powered, it’s important to look after the battery life. After all, you wouldn’t want to choose an electric shovel that can last for a while or you have to charge it for a very long time. Power consumption is something common among both types of electric snow shovels.
7. PricePrice is always going to be an important factor to look after and you can’t take it for granted. After all, everyone would want to get the best electric snow shovel at an affordable price. But you have to strike a balance between the two and need to find the best electric snow shovel that fits into your budget and also provides the best value for your money as well. Don’t forget to compare the electric snow shovels with its other competitors so you know you are getting the best one.
8. WarrantyWarranty is also something that you would need to consider. Not all electric snow shovels come with a warranty so you might wanna pick the one which comes with a warranty. The warranty would help if there is an issue with the electric snow shovel. You can easily call the manufacturer and get it replaced or repaired.
9. Customer ReviewsCustomer reviews are sketching that you can’t take for granted. The thing is you should always look after the customer reviews and see what they have to say about the product you are going to buy. This would help you to make an informed decision and you would be able to pick the one that performs well and gives the best value for money as well. You can also look at the ratings and the brand value as well.Overall, always check the customer reviews before you are buying the product, the items that we have listed above have got great reviews and high ratings so these might be a good choice for you.
ConclusionSo these are the top-rated electric snow shovels that you can find online. We have mentioned these electric snow shovels because these are highly rated, got great reviews, features good performance, and also fit in the budget as well.Our job here is done and now it’s up to you to choose the best electric snow shovel for yourself. So go ahead and buy the one that you think is suitable for you. That would all and we hope you got everything that you have been looking for.