Having a pet is a big responsibility as you will have to look after them and take care of them, but if you own a farm or have some poultry animals then you must know what it takes to look after the animals that you are domesticating. There are many perks of raising chickens or any other animal for that matter but you will have to make sure that you are providing everything you can and get them a good comfort level as well.
The main focus would be the food and the water intake by the chicken as it will decide their overall health. So you can’t compromise here, no matter what. When it comes to the water intake, it can be a little exhausting as you may have to fill their water bowls again and again and keep in check how much water they are drinking and if it’s enough. Problems start when you are living in a colder climate as the water may freeze and your chicken might remain thirsty and out of water supply.
That is where you get a heated chicken waterer! A chicken waterer is an object which you can place among the chickens so they will have easy access to water and you don’t have to fill a bowl of water every hour. On the other hand, the heated chicken waterer is electric or battery-operated equipment that can not only store the water for the chicken but can also keep it warm and prevent it from freezing. This is pretty useful for colder climates.
So if you own a farm, you might want to look after the best-heated chicken waterers for your chickens too. There are plenty of amazing heated chicken waterers present out there so it can be a little challenging to find the one that is actually worth it.
We are here to help you out and save you from the trouble of looking after every heated chicken waterer out there and then finding the best one because this is going to take a lot of time and patience. So here we have listed the top 10 heated chicken waterers for you along with a buyer’s guide. So go ahead and check these out and buy your favorite one.
- 1 Best Heated Chicken Waterers
- 1.1 1. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Poultry Waterer
- 1.2 2. Farm Innovators Heated HB-60P Poultry Drinker
- 1.3 3. Harris Farms Heated Poultry Base
- 1.4 4. Allied Precision Industries Heated Chicken Waterer
- 1.5 5. Premier Heated Poultry Waterer
- 1.6 6. OverEZ Automatic Chicken Waterer
- 1.7 7. Farm Innovators Round Heated Pet Bowl
- 1.8 8. Water Deicer with Guard and 6-Foot Cord
- 1.9 9. K&H Pet Products Perfect Bucket Heater
- 1.10 Things to Consider While Buying Heated Chicken Waterer:
- 1.11 Conclusion
Best Heated Chicken Waterers
K&H is one of the most popular brands when it comes to pets and their necessities and they have always made the pet owners happy with their high-grade quality products and make sure that their customers are happy. So, when it comes to buying a heated chicken waterer, we explored the brand and thankfully found the best product that we were looking for. This one is well designed for chickens and it has some great features and is well constructed too. This heated chicken waterer is made up of high-grade plastic that is BPA-free.It comes with a filter tray that makes it easy to clean and remove excess water. It is a 60 Watts product which means it will save energy and make sure that you get the best functionality without having to waste money. It comes with a 2.5-gallon capacity which is quite impressive and would be ideal for chickens. Chickens would be able to drink the water from the bottom and it can’t be hunged. The waterer features a 4 feet electrical cord, which is cool. It also features a spill-proof cap that makes sure there is no unnecessary water wastage. One of the most impressive parts of this heated chicken waterer is that it comes with 2 years of warranty. Overall, it is a decent heated chicken waterer and you would be happy to get it.
The next best-heated chicken waterer is from Farm Innovators and this one is also pretty impressive too. This heated chicken waterer comes from a well-reputed brand and they have never failed to impress their customers and manufactured quality products for the pets. This one features nipple-style valves that will make it easier for your chickens to drink the water whenever they want it. It is smartly designed to prevent any kind of water waste or messes so you would be good to go.This heated chicken waterer features a capacity of 2 gallons so it is not too large and would be sufficient for about 15 chickens. Refilling the water in the container is quite easy, although the chicken can knock it over too. It is made from durable plastic which is BPA-free and also features a metal handle. This waterer is thermostatically controlled.Overall, you will get the best value for money with this heated waterer for chickens as it is easy to use, easy to assemble, and would last for several seasons, so there is hardly anything to complain about.
The next best-heated chicken waterer comes from Harris Farms and this one is also highly rated and features some of the best reviews from the customers so it makes a perfect option on our list. This heated chicken waterer base is made from galvanized steel, so those who don’t want to buy a plastic one would certainly appreciate this one. It is also a great choice for the colder climate areas or the ones with higher moisture content as it won’t rust and will last for a long time.This one is quite simple to set up and use and you won’t have any issues with it either. The heated chicken waterer is thermostatically controlled and it consumes 125 Watts of energy as well. It will prevent freezing the water in temperatures around 10°F which makes it a perfect choice for winters. Now, this one is a heated add-on only, so you have to make sure it is suitable for the waterer you have. You just gave to place it in the waterer that you already have and plug it in, and you will be good to go.
Allied Precision heated chicken waterer has also made a place on our list of best-heated chicken waterers list and this one is quite popular among the chickens’ owners too. This one features a dual heating system that prevents the water from freezing but also makes sure the water doesn’t become too hot either. This one features a self-contained water dispenser that releases water a little bit at a time in the tiny tray that runs around the base. This one comes with 3 gallons of capacity which would be sufficient if you have many chickens on your farm.It is made from high-grade plastic which is BPA-free and durable, so it will last for several seasons. You would also like the 6-foot cord that will make it easier to reach the power outlet. It also comes with a handle that would help you to hang it. This waterer consumes 200 Watts of energy, while it’s higher than other options on our list, it will do a great job of keeping the water fresh even at freezing temperatures. This one is also thermostatically controlled.Overall, it is a top-rated heated chicken waterer and you would certainly like to have it for your chickens.
Premier Heated Poultry Waterer is also a top heated chicken waterer that you would like to know about. This one comes with a capacity of 3 gallons of water which would be ideal for up to 35 adults birds or chickens. This one is also a versatile and insulated chicken waterer that you would most certainly like to invest in. It also offers a great lid design that makes sure that water is safe and uncontaminated. It also features an unauthorized shut-off option too which makes it a safer option too. The cord is quite long as it is 16 feet long so you would be able to easily plug it.This one is a little expensive but it is worth every single penny and it is also an energy-efficient option too, so you should consider this one.
OverEZ Automatic Chicken Waterer has also made a place on our list and you would most certainly like to check it out too. This one features the highest capacity as it can hold up to 12 gallons of water, so it will be ideal for the people who can’t refill the water every day as it might last for a month.It features a fully sealed design and has a nipple type design that allows 3 chickens to drink the water at the same time. It is made up of BPA-free and UV-protected plastic that will keep the water fresh for long period. Overall, it is a great option and you would like to have it if you don’t have much time to fill the waterers every day.
If you are looking for something simple yet efficient then this heated chicken waterer from Farm Innovators should be your favorite. It’s a bowl-like container that will contain 1.5 gallons of water for your flock and they can easily drink it from it. It comes with a built-in water heater that will stop water from freezing even down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit.This one also features a heavy-duty cable that is anti-chewable. Although you have to keep in mind that the water may not stay clean for long hours as it’s open and will be contaminated, so you will have to change the water and clean it regularly.
8. Water Deicer with Guard and 6-Foot CordThis one may not be a heated chicken waterer but it is the next best thing that you will find. It is capable of keeping the 15 gallons of water fresh and preventing it from freezing in the chilly climate. It also features an adjustable clamp that will be easy to adjust. You can easily use it without an existing water container such as a water pan or bowl. So you would be happy to have it and it’s also budget-friendly.
9. K&H Pet Products Perfect Bucket HeaterWe have another of the water heaters for your chicken waterer and this one is also from K&H. This is a popular choice for people who use a bucket to provide the water to their chickens, and it will prevent the water from freezing in the chilly winter.It has a simple and straightforward function and design and this one also features low energy consumption as well. This one is easy to clean, assemble, and is also durable. So if you need a heater for your regular bucket waterer for chickens, then this one should be your best option.
Things to Consider While Buying Heated Chicken Waterer:There are plenty of things that you will have to look after or consider while buying a heated chicken waterer because you must know which one is worth your money and which one isn’t. If you are buying a chicken waterer for the first time then you may or may not know how to choose one and select the best one. That is why to help you choose the best-heated chicken waterers we have listed down some of the best features that you would like to consider while buying, have a look:
1. Type of WatererOne of the first things that you would like to consider before buying a heated chicken waterer is which type of heated chicken water you would like to have for your chickens. There are a few different types of waterers available that you would like to know about before shopping for the best-heated chicken waterer, and these are the following:
- Automatic Waterers – Automatic waterers are the best option for poultry as they are useful in providing clean water and conserving the water too. This type of waterer comes in with a nipple or cup design that will allow the chickens to take a sip whenever they want to without any hassle. But this kind of chicken waterers would require a lot of effort in the setup and these may not be as user-friendly as you would want them to be. And you would have to take a few things into consideration like a hose needs to be fit in so there should be a sprout near your coup.
- Gravity Waterer – This is another popular type of heated chicken waterer that you would like to know about. This water needs to be filled from the top or bottom and has a simple design as well. This one is also a great option for water conversation as the chances of water spillage or leak would be reduced. Although there will be some standing water present in this one, you might have to change it and clean it from time to time.
- Container Waterer – Container waterers are pretty simple and that is what makes them a good option for chicken owners. These would include any type of container which would hold a large amount of water that your chicken can drink at any time. But this one has other challenges like the water can become dirty very quickly, and you will need to clean it daily. Although it’s the cheapest option out there, so if you are on a budget, you would like this one.
2. CapacityThe next thing that you would like to consider while buying a good enough heated chicken waterer is the capacity of the waterer. You don’t want to spend your money on a heated waterer for your chickens that can’t hold enough water and you will have to fill it again and again as you would do with the normal water container.It should contain enough water for all the chickens you have and don’t invest in too big of a waterer because you will need to change the water if it’s unused. Consider the flock size and see which one would satisfy the needs of your flock.
3. MaterialThe material is another one of the important factors that you can’t ignore. You need to know which material has been used and if it would be ideal for you. There are two kinds of materials that are used to make the heated waterers, one is plastic and the other one is metal.While the plastic would be cheaper and easy to clean, it may not be a durable option. It might crack over some time and some plastic might also come with harmful BPA and other toxins. Although these are lightweight and easy to handle, just make sure that good quality and thick plastic has been used which is also BPA free.On the other hand, the metal chicken waterers are a little expensive but they are pretty durable and don’t contain any harmful substances. Overall, you would like to buy the one that suits your needs.
4. Construction and Easy to UseYou would also like to see the construction and assembly of the heated chicken waterer and see if it would be easy to use or not. It should be easy to refill and clean, so it doesn’t become too much of a hassle to do these regular chores. The heated waterer should also be easy to assemble so you don’t have to spend most of your time assembling it. Lastly, it isn’t supposed to be too hard to use so you might want to see if it’s easy to use or not.
5. SafetySafety is another one of the factors that people do neglect while buying a heated chicken waterer but it is important to look after the safety features. Since it is an electrical gadget, you should make sure that it doesn’t cause the electric shock or the cords should be anti chewable too. The heating element should be perfectly covered so it doesn’t electrocute your birds. Make sure you look at the safety ratings and get fully ensured if the waterer is safe to use.
6. Thermostat ControlThe next thing you would want to look after would be the Thermostat control and you don’t want to neglect this one either. There should be an automatic turn-off function that will stop the heating when not needed as it would save the electricity and also prevent the water from becoming too hot to drink by your chickens.
7. WattageYou should look at the wattage of the heated chicken waterer because not only it will determine your monthly bill but can also be part of safety. The lower wattage should be ideal as it will save energy as well the bill that you will have to pay monthly. So the first thing you might want to look would be the energy consumption by the heated chicken waterer.
8. CostLast but not the least, you might want to check out the cost of the heated chicken waterer too. You don’t want to spend too much of the money nor you would want to settle with low quality or features and that is where you need to strike a balance.All the heated waterers listed above come at a reasonable price and they also come with great quality and features. That is why these have received high ratings and good reviews. So you would be good to go with these heated chicken waterers.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best-heated chicken waterers out there that you can find in and buy to keep your chickens hydrated and healthy, even in the winters. Customers have liked these heated chicken waterers as these are functional and easy to use and more importantly these really helped in the water intake of chickens.That is why, if you are looking to buy the best-heated chicken waterers then you should definitely take a look at these, we are pretty sure you would find the best-heated chicken waterers. That would be all for now and we hope you found this article helpful, thank you.