We all have set an idea of true love in our mind but sometimes it looks different and you will definitely know when it happens to you. For the record, true love isn’t what we see in the movies. Spending quality time at a fancy restaurant or seeing the sunset with each other. We can do a number of such fancy things with a number of people but it still wouldn’t be true love. It’s the little things that count and it’s the emotional connection that matters the most.
The thing is you can’t possibly expect that true love doesn’t involve fights or arguments. So what is true love? And we feel when we have found one? It’s surely a pickle for some of us and that’s where we might need some guidance on the subject of love. In this article, we are going to tell you what true love is and how can you differentiate from other feelings. So let’s get started and find you some answers for true love!
- 1 Things You Need To Know About True Love
- 1.1 1. You can’t have true love if you don’t love yourself first
- 1.2 2. There are no expectations
- 1.3 3. There will be support for each other
- 1.4 4. There will be openness
- 1.5 5. There will be non-defensiveness
- 1.6 6. Honesty
- 1.7 7. There will be respect for each other
- 1.8 8. There should be a healthy space
- 1.9 9. You will be yourself
- 1.10 10. There is no space for misunderstanding
- 1.11 11. You guys will be proud of each other
- 1.12 12. There will be no controlling
- 1.13 13. There will be forgiveness
- 1.14 14. You will be genuinely happy for their success
- 1.15 15. There will be complete trust in each other
Things You Need To Know About True Love
1. You can’t have true love if you don’t love yourself firstThe first thing you need to learn about True Love is that you won’t get it unless you love yourself first. Many people think that they will only get love from others but that’s not true at all. You will have to think of yourself as a “whole” and you don’t need to be completed in any sort of way.So love yourself first and be happy with yourself and then allow yourself to share happiness and love with another person who gets you.
2. There are no expectationsIf you will ever experience true love, you will see that there won’t be any expectations. You will be each other’s and make sure that you just accept the way they are. You won’t expect them to be nicer, to love this or that place, or to be outgoing, you will love them as they are. And they will love you as you are.When you fall in love (the true one) you will realize that nothing else matters except you two have each other.
3. There will be support for each otherWhen you truly love someone, their happiness and struggle to become yours. It doesn’t matter what you like and they like it. You will support each other at every step unconditionally. It doesn’t matter what their or your passion and their interest are, you both will be there for each other and provide true support when you need it.
4. There will be opennessThe true relationship made up of openness, you won’t be afraid to tell them about your true feelings and it won’t matter to what the other people think. And even if you guys have a difference of opinion you will be able to share your feelings.This is also a necessity of true love, see you both will have to be open with each other and be strong enough to hear each other’s feedback. You shouldn’t be hesitant in sharing your honest views with the other person and that’s what a sign of true love.
5. There will be non-defensivenessAs we have said earlier, true love isn’t when there are no fights or arguments, but it’s when you realize that you both will have to learn from your mistakes and stand up for each other. And the very first step to that is to take responsibility for your mistakes. Couples often fight over something and they tend to defend themselves instead of taking responsibility for their acts.When you are in true love you will make sure that you learn from the mistake you have done and promise to never do it ever again. And this should be done from both sides.
6. HonestyWe all have heard that honesty is the key to make any relationship successful. So if you are looking for a sign that can prove that the other person is in true love with you, you will know that there is utmost honesty between you two.You will be able to completely and utterly honest with each other. And that’s what you need to have if you wanna be in true love!!!
7. There will be respect for each otherRespect is the other most import at the element that a relationship should have. It doesn’t matter how different backgrounds you come from, what are your hobbies, whatever your past, there should be a respect for each other in spite of knowing the flaws of each other.You will have to respect each other boundaries and make sure that you never cross their boundaries unless they want otherwise.
8. There should be a healthy spaceRelationship and true love don’t mean you guys have to be by each other’s side all the time. There should be a healthy source between you two and you should be able to live your life as you want. You don’t have to ask them where they are or ask them for their permission before doing something (if you are doing this then that’s is a sign of toxic relationship).
9. You will be yourselfIf you are being a different person then it isn’t a sign of a healthy relationship or true love. If there is true love between you two then you will be each other regarding your unique personality. You will love each other for who they are in real and you won’t ask them to be anyone else.You don’t have to be any other person or be a different person just so that your partner can like you. This will be against love. So be yourself and love who you actually are, and you will definitely find the true love of your life.
10. There is no space for misunderstandingThat’s the sign of true love. When you have complete faith in each other and there is healthy communication, there won’t be any misunderstanding. You will learn to resolve the misunderstanding or never made them in the first place.Couples who are truly in love will always have each other and they will always communicate with each other about the things that are bothering them. And they will never let the small misunderstandings lead to a big dispute.
11. You guys will be proud of each otherPeople who are truly in love will always be proud of each other. And they will always introduce you to their friends or their family members without being hesitant.
12. There will be no controllingCouples often try to control or in some cases manipulate their partners and that couldn’t be called “true love”. True love means you have to have complete trust in your partner and you will never try to control or manipulate them.
13. There will be forgivenessWe all make mistakes and hurt each other but that doesn’t mean that’s the end of the world or for your love. If there is true love, there will be lots of mistakes, fights, arguments, and not forget the forgiveness!
14. You will be genuinely happy for their successThat’s what true love is all about when two people are madly in love with each other, they share everything, from tears to happiness. So if you achieve something in your life, they will be the one who will support you the most and be the happiest person for you.
15. There will be complete trust in each otherLast but not the least, trust is what makes a relationship successful or unsuccessful. There should be any place for jealousy. Neither of you will make each other jealous or be jealous or feel threatened by the presence of another person.
That’s kind of a half picture of True Love and you will learn the other half when you experience the true love itself. The thing is, it’s different for all of us. And that’s why you need to pay attention to your love. We really hope that you got the article and find it helpful. It might not give you all the answers about true love but it will definitely give you some outlines. But whatever your idea of true love is it should be more than your own self. Just remember the first love you need to have in your life should be you! Thank you for having us and we hope we could help.