One of the worst things about going camping is taking shower. That’s why we have a thing called Portable Showers! Just like many other things that have gone portable, that is can be carried around with yourself, the shower is no exception. Portable Showers have been around us for a long time now and we couldn’t thank you enough for this innovation. Before a portable shower people used to be a little hesitant to go camping. Especially those who don’t wanna bath from buckets or dirty water or cold water. But now that we have portable showers with us, we can take a long hot bath anywhere anytime.
All you need to have is the best portable shower with yourself. If you are buying a portable shower you don’t need to compromise or settle for less because in the end, that portable shower is going to be the major necessity and you would wanna have the best.
But how will you know which one’s the best? There are so many brands, types, and features that a portable shower comes in. It can be a little tough to choose the best portable showers for camping. That’s why we are here to help you out. We have picked the 15 best portable showers among the hundreds that are in the market right now. This way you would be able to find one for yourself as well. We have also shared a buying guide for a portable shower that will tell you what things to consider while buying a portable shower.
Let’s go ahead and see which ones are the best portable showers for camping.
- 1 Best Portable Showers for Camping
- 1.1 1. Nemo Helio Pressure Shower
- 1.2 2. Zodi Extreme
- 1.3 3. Sea to Summit Pocket Shower
- 1.4 4. Risepro Solar Shower Bag
- 1.5 5. Advanced Element Summer Shower
- 1.6 6. Ivation Portable
- 1.7 7. Yakima RoadShower
- 1.8 8. Simple Shower Portable Camping Shower
- 1.9 9. Geyser System Portable Hot Shower
- 1.10 10. Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower
- 1.11 11. Coleman Solar Shower
- 1.12 12. Mr. Heater F235350
- 1.13 13. On Track Portable Shower
- 1.14 14. Green Elephant Solar Shower
- 1.15 15. RinseKit Portable Outdoor Shower
- 1.16 Buying Guide for Portable Shower for Camping
- 1.17 Conclusion
Best Portable Showers for Camping
Nemo Helio Pressure Shower is one of the leading portable showers for camping that we have found so far. This is just perfect to use while camping or when you exploring new sights in the back-country.This portable shower is durable, efficient, and easy to use. So if you don’t wanna get dirty or anything during your camping, you should definitely go for Nemo Helio.This portable shower can hold nearly three gallons of water and that too without compromising its compact size. It uses a pump flow method and features a foot pump. The pump works great and you don’t have to worry about over-pressuring it either. This is what responsible for creating a strong and sustained stream.The portable shower can be used for other purposes as well, such as washing dishes or doing anything else that needs a sustained stream of water. The effective design and the usage of some of the best material in the construction of this portable shower make it even more desirable. The hose and shower head is also made up of high quality. Overall this is one of the best portable showers for camping to buy.
2. Zodi ExtremeZodi Extreme is another best portable shower for camping that you need to buy. This one is a perfect pick for camping as it has several amazing features that would help you to have a good shower while camping.The portable shower uses a stove-top heating method and all you have to do is to out the canister on the stove to warm the water. You can easily heat the water to your desired temperature. The design is very unique and it can be very to use as well. The pressure too can be adjusted and the shower itself is strong and durable. It’s heavyweight can be a problem but if you are driving then it might not be an issue for you. The capacity of a portable shower is three gallons.
Sea to Summit Pocket Shower is another best portable shower for camping that you can consider buying. If you wanna make your camping experience convenient and clean then this portable shower is all you need. This one is the lightest portable shower to invest in. So if you are walking or exploring the jungles or mountains and need a quick shower in between then this one might be useful.It can hold up to 2.6 gallons of water and you can also fold it when it’s not in use making it highly portable. You can hang this in on a branch and then simply use it. It is very convenient and features a simple to use design. It used thermal energy from the sun to heat water in the reservoir. The portable shower is a perfect combination of luxury and comfort on camping.
Risepro Solar Shower Bag is another amazing portable shower for camping that you can buy. Here the portable shower has one of the largest water storage capacity and this what makes it perfect for big groups or families who are out there camping. It comes with a water capacity of ten gallons which is probably the largest.The portable shower also features several manual settings such as an on-off switch as well as the high low settings. The water pressure is fair and you would be satisfied with it as well. There will be long hoses to attach so this makes it more convenient to use.It is a solar-powered portable shower. It also comes with a built-in thermometer which lets you know the exact temperature of the water. The portable shower can be heavy though given the large water storage capacity. Overall this one is perfect for large groups.
We have yet another solar-powered and gravity flow method portable shower on the list. This one is constructed with four layers that provide optimum heat retention and performance.Although the best part of this portable shower is its extra features that make your camping trip more convenient. The shower has a hanger to hang your towel. A pocket at the front which can be used to store toiletries and a built-in mirror as well. A handle with the water shower makes it easier to carry around. There is also an on-off shower nozzle. It features 5 gallons storage capacity which would be enough for two-three people. It’s easy to use and features a compact design. It can be heavy though but given the large water capacity it’s worth it.
Ivation Portable is also counted as one of the best portable showers for camping. This one is a tankless portable shower. That means it doesn’t come with a storage tank and you will need a bucket of water to have a hot shower. This one is capable of turning a bucket of water into a shower. You can use it any way you like. The shower is battery operated and is very convenient to use as a well. The battery can be charged via a laptop or using a car adapter. The battery is long-lasting. Just make sure that this one is what you need because it comes with very different features than any other portable shower on this list.
We have yet another large capacity portable shower for camping that you can buy. Yakima RoadShower is also considered one of the best portables showers at the time. It comes in a wide range of storage capacity, that is, 4, 7, and 10 gallons. This one can be mounted on your roof rack and it will conveniently heat the water as you drive. It will be attached to your car, so it can be perfect for long road trips or car camping.It doesn’t need a hose to fill up the tank as it features an open top. It also comes with a nozzle that you can use while bathing or cleaning anything else. Overall this one can be a useful portable shower if you are going on a long road trip or car camping.
Simple Shower has also made a place for itself in our best portable shower for camping list. Just like its name suggests the portable shower is quite simple and easy to use.The shower works on the gravity-based flow method. Just screw the spout onto a water-filled bottle and turn it upside down after that gravity will do its job. You can fill your water bottle with warm water or leave it in the sun to warm up the water. This one is made from recycled material and it’s very lightweight as well. Lastly, it is one of the cheapest portable showers on our list. So if you are looking for an affordable option with decent features then this is the best choice for you.
Geyser System Portable Hot Shower is a top portable shower for camping to buy. It is a 12 volt powered off-grid shower that comes with a small water reservoir, a hose, and an attached sponge. The water would be delivered from the sponge so you can scrub and rinse at the same time. So it is a water saver portable shower and one gallon of water can last up to 7 minutes. The portable shower comes with a built-in heating system that heats the water to 95°F in about half an hour. There is an LED dashboard present which will let you know if the water is hot or not.There are other smart features present in the portable shower, that includes controlling the water flow rate, a sensor that tells you the eager level, and a safety feature to turn off the pump if the water too hot. Overall it’s one of the best camping portable showers to buy.
Ozark Trail Instant 2-Room Shower is our next choice for the best portable shower for camping.One of the things that lack while camping is a private area where we can bathe or wash and these portable showers are a solution to this problem. This portable shower comes with a tent-like space where you get 2 room space and a solar-powered portable shower bag. There will be several pouches and racks to store your toiletries.The room that comes with the portable showers features aluminum-coated walls, a mesh room for ventilation, a rainfly, and a mesh drain with a shower floor. Even with all the complicated and big structure, the portable shower can be set up within a few seconds.The storage capacity of the portable shower is 5 gallons. With this portable shower, you get privacy and comfort.
Coleman Solar Shower is yet another top portable shower for camping that will keep you clean and fresh when you are exploring the wildlife or camping in the countryside. This one, as you can guess by its name, is a solar-powered portable shower. The sun heating bag is simple and effective and will provide you a hot shower whenever you please.It has been made with heat locking material which delivers improved sunlight absorption. It can hold up to 5 gallons of water which would last for 2 showers. A short hose and a nozzle are included in the shower. The portability of the shower is pretty impressive as well. The on/Off valve is also connected to the shower.
If you are one of those who like to camp a lot then Mr. Heater is the perfect choice for you. Here this doesn’t come cheap either less, it’s a heavy-duty construction and we can call it a premium portable shower for camping as well.It runs on a D-cell battery as well as a propane tank. The run-time is 40 minutes which is pretty good. It comes with a shower-head as well as a stainless steel faucet. The shower also has a safety feature that will turn off the system when the water is too hot. It’s fully accessorized which makes it even more convenient to use and carry around.
13. On Track Portable ShowerIt is a very small and compact sized portable shower for camping. This one can hold up to ¾ gallons of water which would be sufficient for one person. With a specially designed shower head, you will get consistent pressure. This one is smaller than a milk jug so it can be your best option. Here the pump action is pretty effective too.
The Green Elephant Solar Shower system is one of the best portables showers for camping and it can also be used to perform other purposes as well. It is made up of sturdy and durable material that is nontoxic. It can store up to 5 gallons of water and it doesn’t mean that it is heavy-duty or large, you can seriously roll it and store it with your luggage. It is very convenient as well. You will just have to fill it with water and it will heat it using solar energy.
RinseKit Portable Outdoor Shower is another popular camping portable shower that you need to know about. Here this one can be an ideal portable shower given the 2-gallon reservoir, which is suitable for one long shower.The portable shower also comes with a hot rod water heater, a pressure booster pump and a six feet hose for convenience. This portable shower provides you a hot water stream and ideal pressure which is all you need while camping. This one also features a 12-volt vehicle port for charging. Overall this one has everything you can look for in a portable shower for camping. Your money would be worth spending.
Here is how we have chosen the aforementioned best portable showers for camping. Take a look at the following buying guide and see what you need to consider while buying a portable shower for yourself.
Buying Guide for Portable Shower for Camping1. Flow MethodThe portable showers vary in their flow methods. Although the basic idea is the same the way it is happening can make a difference. There are three major flow methods available for portable showers. Gravity, pump, and electricity.The gravity type flow method is very basic and conventional. This type of portable shower is also very simple. Here the gravity will do the job and provide a flow of water. It is nothing more than a compact bag which you can hand on your back and take a shower whenever you pleases. They are also one of the cheapest portable showers available in the market.Pump flow method type portable showers are also available. In this kind of flow method, the pump features a hand or a foot pump to pressurize the flow instead of gravity. This kind of portable shower would also feature heavily as well as light construction. Here the water flow would be more than the gravity flow method so that can be a relief.The electric flow method is also very popular as here you will find an electric pump instead of a foot/hand pump or gravity flow. The water would flow through a powered system and this kind of portable shower is more compact and highly mobile.
2. Source of PowerJust like the flow method the source of power also varies for different types of portable showers. There are several different types of power source can be used by portable showers. The major type of source of power is solar, had, and electricity.Solar-powered as you can guess would be charged with solar power. So the portable shower must be placed in direct sunlight. This one has it’s own pros and cons. The shower can reach over 90 degrees temperature and the user doesn’t need to burn any other kind of fuel, which makes it eco-friendly. On the other hand, it can only be used during the day or after a couple of hours after dawn.There is also a gas-powered portable shower. In this type of portable shower, you have to keep propane or had a tank with you. This is also very simple and can be used anywhere anytime. This is the fasted way to warm water. Users can also use the propane tank to power other appliances such as power grills, heaters, or any other cam gear. So this makes it a little bit convenient as well as multi-purpose.Electric-powered portable showers are also available in the market. They are simple and works just like gas-powered portable showers.
3. SizeThe size of the portable shower, or anything that you are taking with yourself for camping, is very significant. One of the things that you should consider while choosing a portable shower is size. You can choose the size that is most suitable for you. That also goes for the weight of the portable shower. Always try to keep it moderate, that is not too small or not too large.
4. Tank CapacityThis one also is a very important criterion as you don’t wanna buy a portable shower that has a low tank capacity. Low tank capacity means low water storage. There is a wide range available when it comes to tank capacity so you can choose one as per your convenience.
5. Easy to set up and useYou don’t wanna have a portable shower that takes forever to set up. Because you will have so many other important things to set up such as the tent among other things, you would want to spend less time on the portable shower. The same applies to the usage of portable showers. You have to make sure that the usage of a portable shower is simple.
ConclusionSo these are some of the things that you must consider before buying a portable shower for yourself.Here we are done with our article on The Best Portable Shower for Camping. We hope that you found it helpful and informative. Go ahead and choose one of the portable showers from the aforementioned list. Thank you.