In today’s world, texting is an integral part of our daily lives. We meet new people via texting, we keep in the touch with our old friends via texting and even we do some formal things via sending the texts instead of calling.
And since we are all experiencing the lockdown and the social distancing is the need of the hour, texting becomes more than important. The thing is, you would want to talk to the people but sometimes it’s hard to keep the conversation going. You might not be able to find new topics or any icebreaker stuff to start the conversation. And right there, a game that you can play over text can become pretty helpful.
Not many people know that but there are plenty of games present which can play over texts and keep the conversation going on. You can play these games with your friends or even with your crush to get them to know better and spend a little more time talking to them.
But which are the games that you can play over texts? Don’t worry that’s exactly why we are here. In this article, we are going to name a few games to play over texts. They are fun, they are interesting and they are for sure to keep the conversation going on with your favorite person. So let’s not waste anymore of your time and let’s start the list of best games to play over texts.
Best Games To Play Over Text
1. Kiss, Marry, KillYou might be aware of the concept of the game or you might not have heard about it, but one thing is for sure, this one is definitely one of the best games to play over texts.The game is pretty simple, you will have to name three people and ask the other person who would they Kill, Marry or Kiss. You can name the celebrities or the real person. You would definitely get some pretty great answers and know a lot about the other person’s preferences.It’s a great game to play over texts with your friends but we would like to advise you not to play with your girlfriend/boyfriend as this might be a little risky and put you in a difficult position. To have more fun, you can add other categories in the game such as who would you rather, curse, blackmail, have as your submissive, etc. Overall its a fun game and totally playable over texts.
2. 20 Questions20 Questions is another classic game that you might be aware of. This game has made many parties, road trips, and get together’s fun and memorable. But people might not get the idea of playing the game over texts.It was an old TV game show but its totally playable over texts or in person. The rules of the games are pretty simple too, all you have to do is to pick something. It can be anything, an animal, an object, a character, a food item, etc. And the other person will have to guess what is it. But he can only ask the 20 questions to narrow down the answer.For example, you have picked a character from a famous TV series. And the other person might ask you is it from a TV series she has watched? You can say yes or no. Then she can ask if it’s her favorite character as well? You can again say yes or no. And like this, she is allowed to ask 20 questions and come up with an answer. You can meet it easy or hard that’s totally up to you. And you can also give hints as well.Choose some unique things and let them guess and if its sure crush makes sure you choose something flirty as well. To make it more interesting you can add a dare if the other person losses the game and the winner will get a prize. It’s also a fun game and it will last longer too which means more conversation time with your favorite person!
3. Friends Tag QuestionsWe finally have a great game that you can play with your friends and know them better and vice versa. It’s a really simple game to play all you have to do is to ask your friend about the details of you or your friendship. And they will have to answer. Their answer will determine how well they know you.The questions can be, where did we meet first, what’s my favorite movie or dish, what is the thing I fear most, etc. Here too you can add the rewards or the punishments for the winner and the loser respectively! It’s fun and it will also help you discover who knows you better and who doesn’t. So try to play the game sometime with your friends.
4. The funny picture challenge gameThis one is absolutely meaningless yet a fun game to play over texts. As you can guess by the name of the game, all you have to do is to find the funny pictures and share with your friend. The pictures can be random and you can collect them from google or you can also challenge each other to share the funny pictures of themselves. You can also select a category of funny pictures and also you can ask your friends to share the funny pictured of any celebrity. It’s kinda a race and you will have to outnumber the funny picks sent by your friend by sending more pictures and they have to be funnier as well.Select a category or not any person as the main theme of your funny picture challenge, the choice will be yours and it may not sound that fun in theory but it will definitely entertain you in real.
5. Never have I everNow, this might be everyone’s favorite drinking game and here you are supposed to take a shot to give the answer to the questions. This is an absolutely fun and exciting game that you can play at any party but people might know that they can also play it over texts.The things are you can make a little change to the game and try to spice it up. See ideally the works like this, one person says, Never Have I Ever and then say anything they have never done in their life, for example, Never Have I Ever been arrested! And if the other person has they will have to take a shot of alcohol.Here you can change the rule, instead of taking a shot of alcohol, you can dare the other person to do something, like losing a piece of cloth and sending a picture of themselves afterward, etc. It will be fun so you might wanna try it out.
6. Would you rather questionsThis one is also a pretty popular game that you can play over texts. This one is also a very simple game that you can play with your friends or anyone over texting.Here you would have to name two things and ask the other What/Who would they rather. This can about two people, for example, who would you rather, Zac Effron or Chris Hemsworth. Or you can ask them to choose between two difficult situations like would rather cheat or die. So the next time you are out of ideas to bring on this game. There will be a lot of interesting stuff you will learn about the other person via this texting game.
7. Truth or dareWell, another classic game that needs no introduction and you can easily play the game with anyone over texts. This texting game is pretty simple and you can make it a lot more interesting. You can give them a choice wither truth or dare and you can ask them anything you want if its truth or you can give them a dare as well. Just try out this texting game and have fun.
8. Guess the lyrics/linesThis one is for the music freaks or the people who have watched almost every movie. Here you can pick up a lyric of any song and as them which song is this and similarly you can pick up a line from any movie and ask them which movie it is. Just quote a lyric or a movie line and let them guess. It’s fun if you both share the same interests as the movies or the songs.
Conclusion –So these are the games that you can play over texts and have fun with your chat buddy. These games are important because you might not be able to call and say hi on your busy day but when you get a couple of minutes you can text them and play the little game which will last all day.We hope you found the article helpful and we hope you will try these games at least once with your chat buddies! Thank you for visiting us and keep coming for more such articles.