Phuket is one of the most popular islands in the world. The island is located in Thailand covering 540 square kilometers and having a population of around 300 thousand people. The majority of people are either Thai or Chinese. With amazing weather in the months from November to April, the place attracts lots of people to enjoy the beach and have a great time over there.
Even though Phuket is mostly popular for its beaches but there is more to the place which makes it a perfect tourist destination. There so much to explore and do that you might need some professional help so that you can make the best of your time in Phuket.
Phuket welcomes thousands of people each day and the place has something for everyone here. Here we are listing out some of the best things to do in Phuket that might help you to plan the trip and make sure that you get the best of the Phuket.
- 1 Things to do in Phuket
- 1.1 1. Phang Nga Bay
- 1.2 2. Visit the Big Buddha in Phuket
- 1.3 3. Phi Phi Islands
- 1.4 4. Visit the Chalong Temple
- 1.5 5. Party in Bangla Road
- 1.6 6. Explore the Weekend Night Market
- 1.7 7. Take Thai cooking classes
- 1.8 8. Visit the Elephant Sanctuary
- 1.9 9. Visit the Simon Cabaret show
- 1.10 10. Khao Rang Viewpoint
- 1.11 11. Flying Hanuman
- 1.12 12. Explore the Old Phuket Town
- 1.13 13. Visit Patong for a wild nightlife
- 1.14 14. Try out waterparks
- 1.15 15. Siam Niramit
- 1.16 Conclusion –
Things to do in Phuket
1. Phang Nga BayPhang Nga Bay is one of the most iconic places of Phuket and this is even one of the main tourist attractions places which makes the Phuket popular as well. So if you are in Phuket you might wanna kickstart your trip by exploring the incredible scenery of Phang Nga Bay.The emerald green water and the sheer limestone cliffs make one of the best views that you have ever seen in your life. You would also find some fauna that can be observed at certain hours at a specific time as well. You will have to book in advance to visit the Phang Nga Bay. The place remains equally pleasant throughout all year as the tides are not that strong even around the monsoon season.
2. Visit the Big Buddha in PhuketThe Big Buddha in Phuket is another landmark and its very famous and people from all religion seems to enjoy the 45 meters tall Buddha statue which is carved out of white marble. The status is located at the top of Nakkerd Hills. The statue was started in 2002 and it was entirely funded and you can still make a contribution by donating a white marble tile and signing your name on it.Not only the Bog Budda but the road that leads you it is quite beautiful and you will get you to see some mesmerizing views during your trip. You can easily go there by car or bike or by the trucks. The entry to the place is free but you can contribute. The place and very beautiful and peaceful so you should see this place.
3. Phi Phi IslandsPhi Phi Islands comes next on our list of must-visit places in Phuket. You might recognize this iconic place as was featured in the 2000 movie The Beach. This is an archipelago on two bays where you would find several amazing beaches and high cliffs.If you are going to Phuket then you don’t wanna miss out on the craziness of this place as it’s kinda a talk of the town place as it offers some of the great experiences for the young tourists. It’s beach parties make it more popular. Although the place has got too much attention that you can only dream of a peaceful time as it is always crowded and full of noise. But thanks to its amazing view and mesmerizing beaches, you would love to spend some time here.
4. Visit the Chalong TempleOne of another tourist destinations or perhaps the well-known landmark of Phuket is the Chalong Temple. It is locally known as the Wat Chalong, the temple was built in the 19th century and till now it has become one of the most visited Buddhist temples in Phuket.The architecture and the sight of the temple are tempting and you would certainly like to visit the place. You would see some of the paintings inside the building which narrates the whole life of Buddha. The whole temple, from the ceiling to the floor, is decorated. The entry is free but you have to dress appropriately otherwise you can’t enter the temple.
5. Party in Bangla RoadIf you want to experience the nightlife in Phuket then you might wanna go to the Bangla Road. The street is full of life and it’s so colorful and vibrant that you can just lose yourself for a bit. It feels like a whole other planet in Phuket. Although it’s not a sin city for single men so don’t hope your expectations. But here you would get to have the best food and the best time in bars, and those street dancing girls would surely grab your attention.There are many shops present where you can shop for some of the best things and you would certainly like the party atmosphere as well. You can just go to one bar from others and have the best time of your life. Although you will have to make sure that you don’t get carried away and spend all your money at once.
6. Explore the Weekend Night MarketNo matter which location you choose for your tourist destination, you would want to take something home as a reminder of the gun time you had at the place, and the best way to do that is to shop at the local markets. And the Night Market is very popular for that purpose and you can get several amazing things to buy in one place.The night market is known as the Naka Market and her you can find plenty of things from fresh fruits to clothes. Try to go there at the weekend as more shops are open at that time.
7. Take Thai cooking classesIf you want to learn how to cook Thai food or you are in any way interested in cooking then this might be the best thing to do in Phuket. And the best part is there are several places present in Phuket where you can take cooking classes for Thai food!If you have tried the Thai food in Phuket then you would realize that what you eat in your homeland for the sake of Thai food lacks something. And what can be a better place to learn a dish than its home country? You will learn the different and rare ingredients that go into Thai food and also know the little cooking techniques as well.You can take the whole course of cooking classes or you can take just one class as you prefer that is in the morning, afternoon, or early evening. You will be able to take the food that you have cooked with yourself, so it’s a win-win!!
8. Visit the Elephant SanctuaryIf there is anything else famous in Phuket other than the beaches then it is the elephant sanctuary. There are many elephant sanctuary and retiring camps where you can see elephants and explore their habitat and how they survive. The elephant sanctuary tour is also going to be educational because you will learn some of the very unknown and interesting facts about elephants that would break several stereotypes about elephants.You can easily book the tour and this activity can be done throughout the year. Whether you love elephants or not you would certainly find it relaxing as well as an interesting experience to be around elephants.
9. Visit the Simon Cabaret showWho doesn’t love watching the Cabaret shows? Moreover, who wouldn’t enjoy watching the ladyboy’s performances? I am sure you all do and this might also be the reason that you have come to Phuket (go have the best time).The Simon Cabaret has been entertaining the tourists for almost two decades now and this never stops fascinating the tourists. And that’s why it’s kinda the must do a thing in Phuket that you just can’t miss (it just feels like to be in LA!)
10. Khao Rang ViewpointPhuket is a place that you will adore whether it’s the beaches, the temples, or even the view overall. Khao Rang is one of the most popular viewpoints in Phuket that you should check out if you want to get lost in the beautiful view of Phuket.The place is located in the northwest city center and you can see neighboring islands, hills, and over the town in general. Apart from the great view, you will also get great food as well. There are high-end restaurants present at the place where you can quietly sit and enjoy the amazing food with the mind-blowing view.
11. Flying HanumanIf you are in the mood to do something fun and crazy then perhaps the Flying Hanuman is the best place for you. The Flying Hanuman is a zip line present between Phuket Town and Patong. This is the perfect place to drive away from the boredom and do something fun with your friends and family.You should know that this adventure is very safe and secure and anyone can do this adventure, even a four-year-old! There is no reason why you shouldn’t go there so if you miss this adventure in Phuket it might be your loss!
12. Explore the Old Phuket TownThe Old Phuket Town is another landmark destination of Phuket that you shouldn’t miss. This is a provincial capital of Phuket and features a historically rich part of the town. The place has several beautiful temples, mostly Chinese and Buddhist. There are also some very beautiful small shops as well as some magnificent mansions. Here you would find small bakeries, cafes, printing shops, and eateries.It’s a rather small town that you can explore in a half a day (maximum time) so you don’t need to rent a vehicle to explore the full town. And since there are many places to visit here you would certainly enjoy your time here with so much to see and so much to eat.
13. Visit Patong for a wild nightlifeOne of the best places to go crazy with your friends on the Phuket trip is Patong. The place is well known for its wild nightlife and the crazy thing that you can do here. Patong is also popular for its beach which is almost 2 km long and you can try out several activities such as jet skiing, parasailing or just relaxing in a sunbed.Without giving spoilers for this place, we can only say it’s unpredictable, crazy, and fun!
14. Try out waterparksWaterparks are too an attraction center of Phuket that you might enjoy. The waterparks are a great place to have a good time with your friends and family and do water activities or play water sports. Here you would find the facilities of water slides, ziplines, paddleboards.
15. Siam NiramitSiam Niramit is a stage performance which features the history and mythological Thai stories. This one is going to be interesting as you would learn about Phuket and its cultural and traditional values. The show starts at 8 pm which is a great time to enjoy the local shows. The show is performed by a hundred skilled actors and dancers so there won’t be anything to complain about and you would have a good time as well.
Conclusion –So these are the best things to do in Phuket that you shouldn’t miss out on. As we have mentioned earlier Phuket offers a lot for you and you can easily find something that you enjoy the most in Phuket.The list is made to make your trip easier and save you from wasting your time in figuring out what you do and what not to do while in Phuket. Overall we hope that you enjoyed the article and find it helpful. So thank you for your time and keep coming for more such an article.Keep in mind that there can be a change of policies and rules amid the ongoing pandemic, so make sure to check all the rules and regulations for all these places before going there.