San Francisco is one of the most populated cities in America and it’s just behind new york when it comes to population density. The city is not only popular for settling but it also makes a good destination for a vacation. And since you are here we can assume that you too are planning your trip to the City by the Bay!
Well, you have chosen the right destination for your next holiday because there are plenty of things to do and see in the city. And after reading our list you would definitely pack your bags and head to San Francisco to see it’s a rich culture and to taste the good food.
In this article, we are going to share a few things that you might like to explore in San Francisco and make the best of your time in the city. So head to our list and pick the things that you would like to do or visit in the city.
- 1 Things to do in San Francisco
- 1.1 1. Visit the Golden Gate Bridge
- 1.2 2. Golden Gate Park
- 1.3 3. Chinatown
- 1.4 4. Union Square
- 1.5 5. Palace of Fine Arts
- 1.6 6. Walt Disney Family Museum
- 1.7 7. The Beuna Vista
- 1.8 8. Angle Island State Park
- 1.9 9. Coit Tour
- 1.10 10. Go to a beach
- 1.11 11. Go to Ferry building to try out delicious food
- 1.12 Conclusion –
Things to do in San Francisco
1. Visit the Golden Gate BridgeWell, there is no denying the fact that Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most popular landmarks of San Fransico. This is also one of the list photographed bridge in the world as well, so this one should be the first thing that we see in the city.This 746-foot tall bridge was one of the longest suspension bridge at the time it was opened, 1937! This is bridge carries millions of passengers over the year and it is one of the busiest places in the city as well. What you wanna see at the bridge is its beauty and the spectacular view from the bridge with nature on the one side and the modern life on the other one.
2. Golden Gate ParkGolden Gate Park is also one of the most visited places by tourists in San Francisco. This park is 20 percent larger than the Central Park of New York. There is a lot of things to do in the Park such as going for a picnic at the lakeside, visiting monuments, exploring gardens, etc.Apart from this, the Golden Gate Park holds a number of events and festive ceremonies throughout the year, so you might wanna check the calendar and see if you can catch something interesting. The park is also open for you to hold your private ceremonies such as weddings.The bottom line is, you would be away from city life and close to nature with greenery and some of the most scenic views.
3. ChinatownYou would find Chinatown in almost every city in the world but San Francisco has four of them. One of the Chinatown in the city is known as the biggest Chinatown outside of Asia. The place is, as you can guess, popular for exploring the Chinese culture with their historic buildings. But the best part of the place remains is the authentic Chinese cuisine that you would find here. If you are in luck and visiting the city during the Autumn Moon Festival then you can see it for free and trust me it’s worthy of your time and attention.
4. Union SquareIf you want to explore the modernized side of the city then you should definitely stop by Union Square. It’s also one of the most visited neighborhoods in San Francisco and the place is always busy and people are always running around. Here you would find some of the fancy shops and high-end fashion stores that get you some of the top brands in the world.You might also wanna explore the fancy hotels, cafes, art galleries and not to forget the nightlife!But what you would really enjoy is the events and festivals that are happening around the place to keep you entertained. So don’t forget to party with the neighbors and explore the fun and never stopping life of San Francisco at Union Square.
5. Palace of Fine ArtsIf you are the person who wants to explore the city with its art then you should definitely stop by at the Palace of Fine Arts. There are many architectural and artifacts inspired by the Greek and Roman style of arts. It was built in 1915 for the Panama Pacific exhibition and it was rebuilt in the 1960s.The building was used for various reasons, such as a tennis court, military storage, and in recent times as an art gallery! The surrounding of the place is filled with many wildlife such as swans, ducks, geese, and raccoons. Overall the place is worth exploring and this is the reason it is also a popular landmark of the city.
6. Walt Disney Family MuseumNow, who isn’t a fan of Disney movies and shows? I know we all are. And that’s the reason the Walt Disney Family Museum becomes one of the most visited museums in the city. The museum covers an area of40,000 square foot and it features some of the most iconic and historic items which were brought to life by the imagination of Walt Disney!From the replica of some of the famous artifacts to the awards won by Walt Disney, you will find so many things to explore in the museum which would fascinate you and makes your time here memorable. There is also a theater that shows Disney classics daily.
7. The Beuna VistaIf you love Irish coffee then you must visit the place where it was first invented. The place has been there since 1916 but it got popular after 1952 when Joe Sheridan, who is an Irish chef, invented Irish coffee.Not you can taste the best Irish coffee here, but there are other popular drinks that are being served here. The quality is pretty great and the place is also a good one to sit and enjoy your drinks, so if you are nearby this place we would suggest you take a look at it and enjoy the best beverages of San Francisco.
8. Angle Island State ParkIf you are all for outdoor activities then you must visit Angle Island, State Park. The place served as a hunting location, cattle ranch, an immigration station, and a missile base among other things before it was turned as a park by the government.From trekking to getting the best view of nature, the place offers you all. And you can easily buy the tour tickets and spend the best time exploring the place and doing the outdoor activities.
9. Coit TourThe next one on our list of things to do in San Francisco is Coit Tour. The Coit Tower has been standing at the top of Telegraph Hills since 1933. The place allows you to take the whole 360-degree view of the city and yes it’s going to be breathtaking. If you go early then you would be able to avoid the crowd and enjoy the place quietly.
10. Go to a beachAlthough San Francisco isn’t famous for its beach still the city won’t disappoint you when you want to go by a beach side. There are two major beaches in San Francisco, Bakers Beach, and Ocean Beach. Both are considered as the best beaches in the city so you would get a good experience there.Both give you the view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Although you might wanna skip the swimming or playing in the water thanks to the dangerously high waves at the beach. But other than that you would get a good experience at the beaches.
11. Go to Ferry building to try out delicious foodIf you are a foodie then San Francisco is the city for you and if you want to try out some great food then you should stop by the Ferry Building. It’s located in Market Street and here you would get anything from fresh fish to some of the best cheese.You would also find some of the best restaurants and some of the best chefs for the matter which makes this the best place to try out the food. So if want to grab a good bite then do explore the San Francisco’s Ferry Building!
Conclusion –So these are the things that you would love to do while you are in the city. We hope that you like them as much as other people enjoy them. So thank you for being with us and make sure you don’t miss out on anything good!