Are you a baseball player? Do you have everything you need? What about a baseball glove? Getting a nice baseball glove is not at all an easy task. And the baseball glove is one of the most important things about the game. The baseball glove can also impact your game performance too and that is the reason why you need to invest in a good baseball glove.
As we have said, it is not an easy task to find the perfect baseball glove for yourself. Because baseball gloves are very different from any other kind of gloves and not many people have the right knowledge about the right baseball glove. That is why you need our help to find the perfect baseball glove for yourself. Because finding the right baseball glove out of all the available options would be tiring as well as time-consuming. So you need to make sure you are putting your money into the right product.
In this article, we have listed down the best baseball gloves that you can find. Here we have picked the ones that feature excellent quality and performance. We have listed down the buying guide where you will get to know what to consider and look for in a baseball glove.
Let’s move ahead and take a look at the following list of the 11 best baseball gloves.
- 1 Best Baseball Gloves
- 1.1 1. Wilson A900
- 1.2 2. Rawlings Gamer Series
- 1.3 3. Mizuno Classic Pro Soft Series Infield Glove
- 1.4 4. Louisville Slugger TPX Series
- 1.5 5. SSK White Line Infield Baseball Glove
- 1.6 6. Rawlings Heart of the Hide Infielder’s Baseball Glove
- 1.7 7. Akadema ProSoft Series Gloves
- 1.8 8. Rawlings Renegade Series First Base Mitts
- 1.9 9. Wilson A2000 Superskin Infield Baseball Glove
- 1.10 10. Easton Professional Hybrid Baseball First Base Glove
- 1.11 11. Under Armour Farmer Baseball Catchers Mitt
- 1.12 Buying Guide for Baseball Gloves:
- 1.13 Conclusion:
Best Baseball Gloves
1. Wilson A900Our first pick for the best baseball gloves is none other than Wilson. Wilson is one of the most reputable and trusted brands when it comes to baseball gloves. They have been making sure that every baseball player gets the best quality products and they can play baseball with the best as well. This is why baseball gloves from Wilson are our favorite.These gloves are made up of ECCO leather which is of high quality and durable. These ensure a good grip and excellent performance. Here the design is open back and H-web, so you will get higher flexibility and nice breathability. This glove is best suited for infielders and pitchers.You can find this glove in various sizes and available for both right and left hand as well. The gloves feature a nice feel and good quality so it would give you great value for your money as well.
Rawlings, too, is a popular and one of the leading brands that have always impressed us with their high-quality gloves which are made to last longer and provide excellent performance.The gloves are made from Rawhide leather which is of high quality, highly durable, provides flexibility and breathability. It feels buttery soft that provides the highest level of comfort for the user. The webbing is the closed type and it features an open back as well. The inside padding is foldable along with a padded thumb loop that provides the right cushioning. The glove is ideal for almost all seasons.The gamer series by Rawlings features various types of gloves and this with the size of 11.5 inches is ideal for infielders.Overall, the glove may be a bit expensive but given the construction and quality of the glove, it is worth every penny.
The next one on our list of best baseball gloves is Mizuno Classic Pro Soft Series Infield Glove. Mizuno has been there for a very long time and this series is considered the best to date.What would impress you the most about these gloves is their looks. The rugged and tough look makes it everyone’s favorite. It is made up of throwback leather which is a pretty oiled leather. The leather won’t tear easily, neither it would feature any discomfort. You will get the adequate and standard size, 11.5 inches. The gloves feature an open back as well as an open web that enhances the quality and efficiency. The gloves last for a long time. Although it may feel stiff for the first time, it will adjust with time.Overall, investing in these gloves would be a smart thing to do. They are reliable, highly efficient, and are of high quality as well.
The next one that has caught our attention for the best baseball gloves is Louisville Slugger TPX Series Infielders Glove.These gloves are made from Cambio leather (cowhide leather) which is pre-treated with oil to prevent breaking in time. It is 11.25 inches in size which is excellent for outfielders. It also features a substantial pocket along with H webbing which would easily catch the flying ball. You will also find an open back that provides the highest level of breathability.It looks like an authentic old-school baseball glove that gives a rich feel. Overall, you would love to have these. The price is reasonable and affordable too.
SSK White, too, makes an amazing choice for the best baseball gloves. These are quite popular these days too, thanks to their modern and aesthetic looks with bright yellow color.The baseball glove is made up of Steerhide Leather which is a top grain leather. So you will get excellent quality along with durability and flexibility. These features a victory weave web that ensures a good grip over the ball. Its open back is another plus point of these gloves. The size of the gloves is 11.75 inches that are a bit higher than the average.These top-quality gloves are giving a tough competition to all the other popular and leading gloves in the USA. This makes it worthy of its price.
We have another Rawlings glove for our top baseball gloves list. This one has everything that you would look for in your baseball gloves and this is what makes it the leading choice for baseball players. We already know that it comes from a leading brand that provides the best quality and brand value, so you shouldn’t second guess these gloves.The gloves are made from softshell leather which is a type of full-grain leather. That means you will get higher durability and higher quality. They would last for a long time and you can go for years without changing the gloves. The open back and modified trapeze web are other leading factors for the glove. Here the size of the gloves is 11.5 inches so it would be adequate. The gloves are available in five color options so you can easily find your favorite.
Next, we have found the best baseball glove for outfielders and this is none other than Akadema ProSoft Series Gloves.The gloves are made up of synthetic leather, which means they are affordable and somewhat durable too. The H webbing design along with an open web makes sure you get the best performance as well. It also features a deep pocket and with that, this glove has all that an outfielder can need. The size of the glove is 13 inches which are more than enough.Overall, the glove is decent and features good quality at a fair price, so there is nothing to complain about.
The Rawlings Renegade is another leading baseball glove for outfielders that you can rely upon. We have now grown a better understanding of this brand so it’s safe to say that it is the best.The glove is made up of all leather that provides a good shape and fit along with higher durability and performance too. Here you will find a double bar web that ensures a great deal of performance for a quick catch. These gloves are available in two sizes, 11.5 and 12.5 inches, so you can choose anyone that you find suitable for your hand.Overall, spending on these gloves would be a smart choice.
We have yet another Wilson baseball glove on our list of best baseball gloves. This one is best suited for an infielder who needs a top-quality glove. It is the best-selling product in America as any baseball player would be lucky to have these.Here, these gloves are made up of Saddle tan pro stock leather which is American steer hide. It features a 6 finger trap web design, so every player was impressed with these gloves at the first sight. These gloves also keep away the sweat and keep your hand dry and cold. You will find multiple color choices too.Overall, these may be premium and expensive but you are getting the best quality baseball glove as well.
Easton Professional Hybrid baseball first base glove has also made it to our list of best baseball gloves.These are made up of a combination of Japan Reserve Leather and American Horween Steer Leather. Combined, these two leather types provide the best quality and durability. It features a dual web design and an open back. It also comes with a wool shearling fur wrist liner for a better fit.Overall, you would love this baseball glove as an outfielder, so go ahead and buy it right now.
If you are looking for the best baseball glove for catchers, then Under Armour should be your first choice.Now this one may not be the most popular glove brand across the world, but you will find it quite a known name in America and other such countries. The glove is made up of synthetic leather, which makes it affordable. The size of the glove is 33.5 inches that makes it a good choice for catchers. Lastly, the gloves feature a one-year warranty too, so these are quite an amazing option to rely upon.
Buying Guide for Baseball Gloves:There are a few things that you will need to consider before buying a baseball glove for yourself. Some of the features can make a lot of difference and that is why you need to make sure you are choosing the right baseball glove with the right features. So here are some of the features that you need to consider before buying the best baseball glove for yourself.
1. SizeThe first and the most important feature you need to consider is the size. It’s pretty clear that you don’t want to wear a glove that isn’t the perfect size for you.You don’t want to spend your money on a baseball glove that isn’t a nice fit and a perfect size according to your hand. Go through the size chart, if you need to. Just check the size is not too big or too small for your hands, otherwise, it would impact your baseball performance.
2. Webbing: Close or OpenThe webbing is an important and integral part of the baseball glove. The webbing would connect the thumb to the rest of the finger area. This wolf easily folds and expands to create a basket-like structure which would make it easy to catch the ball.The webbing is of generally two types, closed and open type webbing. In closed-type webbing, it would be a tightly woven pattern of leather and has no space in between. This type of webbing is useful for pitchers to hide their grip before delivering.The next one is open-type webbing where you can see the spaces between the patterns. It would also allow the dirt to pass through the gaps.You can choose any of the webbing based on your position as well as your way of playing baseball.
3. BackingThe back of your glove that provides the rest to the back of your hand is another important feature to look for. Here the back of your glove can be open or closed, and you can choose the one according to your preferences.The open back would provide more flexibility to your writs and generally favored by infielders. Open back would be helpful in the summers as they provide more breathability and good ventilation that will keep your hand away from sweat. With a closed-back, you will get extra stability for your wrist. These are most preferred by outfielders and first baseman.
4. MaterialThe next and one of the most important features you need to be considering is the material of the gloves. You don’t want to invest in a cheap material that doesn’t feel right and also is of less quality.The baseball gloves are made from various kinds of martial but the most used would be leather. Different types of leather are used to make baseball gloves. Here the type of leather can affect a lot of things too.Some of the major types of leathers that are used in the making of baseball gloves are:
- Synthetic leather is commonly used in making baseball gloves. These are affordable and are ideal for new players who aren’t familiar with full-grain leather.
- Top grain leather features better quality than synthetic leather. It is thinner and more pliable than full-grain leather. It is of second-best quality leather.
- Full-grain leather is the best quality leather. It provides the highest level of durability and breathability.The general thumb rule is, the stiffer the leather would be the better will be its quality. Keep in mind that the quality of leather and material would impact the overall performance of the baseball glove. So make sure you are investing in the right material.
5. PositionYou should be choosing the baseball glove according to your position in the game too. Each position requires different types of gloves. So you need to make sure you are buying the right kind of glove for your position in the game as well.
6. PriceThe price matters. Everybody knows that. You should be aware of how much you are spending on your baseball gloves and whether or not the gloves worth your money. You need to make sure if the price is doing justice.More price indeed means better quality, but this won’t be the case with every baseball glove. There are a few gloves that feature a decent quality at a budget-friendly price. Lastly, you don’t want to compromise with the quality of the price.Overall, make sure you are buying the best for the price you are paying.
7. Customer ReviewsAnother one of the things that you need to consider is the reviews of the customers. People who have already bought the glove and are currently using them would have a lot to say about the product.Keep their views under consideration, after all, who can tell better than the people who are already using the product.
8. Brand ValueThe quality of the baseball gloves is directly based on the brand of the baseball glove. So you need to make sure you are buying your baseball glove from a good enough brand as well. Brands like Rawlings and Wilson are some of the leading and premium brands for baseball gloves. So make sure you check the brand value for your baseball glove as well.
Conclusion:Here we have come to an end for our article, The Best Baseball Gloves. We have listed down some of the most popular baseball gloves that you can find right now. These gloves feature the best quality and excellent performance at an affordable price. So you would get the best baseball glove possible.Thank you for visiting our page and we hope you liked our article and found everything you have been looking for.