Cricket is one of the most popular sports worldwide. There are millions of fans that watch cricket and just as many people who like to play this game.
When it comes to playing cricket, there are many things that you would like to take into consideration. First of all, you will need a proper cricket kit, which involves a good bat, wickets, balls, and protection gear. Here the cricket gloves play an important part in cricket. Without the gloves, you can barely play cricket, and even if you do that won’t be your best performance.
A cricket glove would help to lower the impact of the ball that would probably be too fast for you to catch with bare hands. The gloves would absorb the shock and protect your hands from further damage. Gloves are also important while batting as you will get the right grip and again protect your hands from the shock.
So it is pretty clear that you need to invest in good cricket gloves. Thankfully there are many amazing cricket gloves available for us by some of the best brands. But still, you can get confused when it comes to buying good cricket gloves for yourself. There are many options and you may need to look for the best cricket gloves for yourself out of all the gloves.
To save you the trouble of going through all the options and choosing the best cricket gloves, here we have enlisted the best cricket gloves that you can invest in. We have also shared the buying guide for cricket gloves where you will learn what to look for and how to choose the best cricket gloves.
Here are the top 11 cricket gloves that you can buy.
- 1 Best Cricket Gloves
- 1.1 1. Kookaburra Kahuna 1000
- 1.2 2. Adidas XT 2.0
- 1.3 3. New Balance TC Hybrid
- 1.4 4. DSC Intense Rage Cricket Glove
- 1.5 5. Puma Evo3 Batting Glove
- 1.6 6. Adidas Pellara 4.0 Cricket Batting Gloves
- 1.7 7. Gray-Nicolls Shockwave 300 Batting Gloves
- 1.8 8. Gray Nicolls Offcuts Academy Batting Gloves
- 1.9 9. Kookaburra T20 Flare
- 1.10 10. Gunn & Moore Original Le
- 1.11 11. New Balance DC 1080
- 1.12 Buying Guide for Cricket Gloves
- 1.13 Conclusion:
Best Cricket Gloves
Our first pick for the best cricket gloves would be Kookaburra Kahuna 1000. Kookaburra is one of the leading brands that make some of the best cricket gloves. Professional cricketers do love this brand very much and this one is the best cricket glove you can find. The brand has been there for more than a century now and they are known to provide the best quality products at a fair and reasonable price.The gloves with just one single cut for the ring and the pinky finger. The bottom hand thumb features two pieces padding and the fingers are protected with cotton fiber padding. They have used sheep leather to make the glove which provides durability and flexibility. The palm has a ventilation chamber. The palm also features pittard leather to ensure breathability and a good grip on the bat.Overall, the glove is made to withstand the high density impact and provide comfort to the user as well. The gloves are not that expensive which makes it the best cricket glove so far.
We don’t really have to say anything about Adidas, as this renowned brand has already earned a name for itself. The XT 2.0 gloves from Adidas makes the best cricket gloves and are the top choice for cricketers as well.The gloves feature the split finger design that give it a traditional and authentic sense. The fingers are rounded with soft cotton and High Density Foam. The HDF ensures the best impact absorption ability which would protect your hand. The pittard leather is wrapped around the thumb to ensure more protection. It also features a Velcro tab to fasten the glove on hand to ensure the perfect fit. The sheepskin leather has been used in the making of the glove that ensures breathability as well as durability.If you are someone who is already a fan of Adidas then this should be the best cricket glove for you. It provides the best performance along with Adidas’s value.
The New Balance TC Hybrid is another one of the leading choices for the best cricket glove so far. Here you would love everything about this cricket glove, from its impressive design to the overall best performance.They provide the maximum level of flexibility along with the protection which makes it the perfect fit for a professional cricketer. The glove features a split finger as well as the sausage finger style, so you will find a V shaped split on all four fingers. This provides a higher level of flexibility. You will also find two pieces of protection padding along with 16 plastic inserts.This one is an ideal glove for so many reasons. It stretches, provides ventilation, a great comfort and grip and ensures the best performance on the field. It may be a bit expensive but it’s totally worth every single penny.
The DSC is another one of the leading brands that you can trust and rely upon when it comes to cricket. This one is undoubtedly the best cricket glove you can find. Here what you would love the most about this glove would be its grip. These gloves ensure a tiger and better grip which makes it every professional cricketer’s favorite.Here the gloves are designed with multi flex points that ensure a better movement of your hands. An airflow gusset is also available for better ventilation. The glove is made with PVC and lightweight foam, which results in comfortable fit. For the protection it features split thumb design with a single sidebar protection. Cricketers can also adjust the fit with its wristband.
Next on our list of best cricket gloves is none other than Puma Evo3. Like the other brands on our list, this one too is popular and renowned, and everyone can easily use this brand too for its quality and overall performance. So this makes the Puma Evo3 Batting glove the best cricket glove that you can find.Made up of sheep leather, it provides the perfect level of comfort for both professional and amateur players. It also features quick release straps that would make it easier to attach and detach the cricket gloves. Side protections are found in both hands.Overall, you can’t doubt the reliability and quality of these gloves which means you will get a full value for your money as well.
You can’t expect that we would have only one glove from Adidas! After all, they make the best sports gear that we had to pick at least two of the best cricket gloves for you. The Pellara 4.0 Cricket Batting Glove ensures longevity, you just have to spend on these gloves for once and they would last for years.These gloves are made from premiul sheep leather which comes with a comfort foam to provide extra comfort and flexibility. The gloves also ensure ventilation so you don’t feel sweaty hands on a hot day. These are light in weight, so you can wear them for long cricket sessions. Overall the gloves provide the best fit and good protection for your hands.
The Gray-Nicolls is another leading brand for cricket gloves that you can trust upon. With a simple design and minimalistic looks, these gloves are easy on eyes. They are made with durable material which is comfortable and ideal for your hands.The gloves also provide the best level of protection and an amazing grip while you are batting. The ventilation is somewhat reliable and your hands won’t be all sweaty while you are playing. Overall, if you want something simple then these are the best cricket gloves for you.
We have yet another best cricket glove from Gray Nicolls. They have really impressed us with this one, as this product is made from all the leftover material which makes it eco friendly. Every glove is of different color and pattern which makes each of the gloves different and unique in their own ways.These budget friendly gloves are made from premium quality material, which is durable and highly efficient. These provide the best level of flexibility as well as a good protection from the fast balls. The protection is of three layers and make sure you don’t harm your hands while playing.Overall, for this price, you are getting a pretty good deal, so check them out right away.
Kookaburra T20 Flare is another one of the best cricket gloves to invest in. As its name suggests, this glove is best if you are playing short innings or a short game. The duo flex design provides the good level of comfort and flexibility that any cricketers can lead. The premium leather ensures breathability and comfort. The high density foam and padding in all fingers provide the highest level of comfort too.
Gunn & Moore is our next pick and this one has earned its place all thanks to its material and a high quality build. The brand provides various kinds of sports gears, including the cricket bats, which are pretty popular. Their gloves are as popular as their bats too.It features a full sausage finger design with HDF that ensures the protection and a nice grip over the bat. The glove also features pittard leather that ensures a good grip and a nice airflow to prevent sweat from your hands.It’s comfortable, it’s protective and it is the best cricket glove to invest in.
11. New Balance DC 1080The New Balance DC 1080 has also made its place in our list of best cricket gloves. For the maximum protection, the gloves feature sidebar cushioning. Fingers also feature the highest level of protection with foams, plastic inserts and fiber material. Here it is made up of premium sheep leather which is just perfect for every cricket.Overall, the New Balance DC 1080 won’t disappoint a passionate and professional cricketer.
Buying Guide for Cricket GlovesThere are a few features that you need to take into consideration while buying your cricket glove. Everyone will have different needs so the requirements for the cricket gloves vary from one player to another. To find out which one would be the best cricket glove for you, you need to check a few features in your cricket glove and then figure out which one is the best cricket glove for you.Here are a few features that you may need to consider in your cricket glove.
1. The CoreOne of the things that you need to consider would be the core of the cricket gloves. The core would be responsible for the protection. Most of the time, cotton fiber would be inserted in the sausage-like sections. These fibers would be attached to the back of your hand and the finger section. Collectively they make a synthetic substitute glove.There are different types of core and you should be choosing a higher level of care based on your playing levels.
2. SidebarsThe sidebars would give extra protection for your hand. These are the additional foam at the bottom of the hands.
3. HD FoamThere are different types of foams used in the making of cricket gloves. So you need to make sure whether the foam in your glove is of high quality or not. The high-density foam would provide better protection and better shock absorption.So choose HD foam as your padding so that you will get better protection, flexibility and reduction in weight too.
4. SizeWhen it comes to cricket gloves or any kind of gloves, you just can’t compromise with the size. Choosing the right size of the glove should be your top priority. You need to make sure that you are choosing a glove that correctly fits your hands. So make sure you measure your hand correctly and then look for the right size cricket gloves.
5. ComfortAnother thing that you just can’t compromise with would be comfort. No matter how great the glove is by its features and looks, you just can’t play with it if it is not comfortable. You will be bothered by it and won’t be able to give 100% focus on the game. So you need to make sure that you are investing in a comfortable pair of gloves.
6. FlexibilityFlexibility is another one of the features that you need to take care of. You need to make sure that the glove you are buying is flexible enough.Traditionally, the gloves may not be flexible and provide a higher level of protection at the same time. But the modern glove manufacturers came a long way now and make sure they provide a good level of flexibility as well as protection to your hands. More flexibility means you would be able to move your hands comfortably and easily.
7. VentilationAnother important feature of cricket gloves would be ventilation. Here you need to make sure that your hands remain cool and dry even in the hot weather. You don’t want sweaty hands that are unable to breathe. That is why the ventilation of the gloves is pretty important.You need to make sure the gloves are breathable and there is an adequate amount of airflow. So you can easily play the game with dry and cool hands, without compromising your performance or protection.
8. GripYou just can’t invest in gloves that don’t provide a good and firm grip. After all, no one wants to throw the bat when they swing it because their gloves don’t provide a good grip. So make sure the cricket gloves you are buying are providing a good grip.
9. MaterialThe material of the glove matters, a lot! You need to make sure that you are investing in the right kind of material.The material of your cricket glove would decide its overall performance, grip, protection, flexibility, durability, and ventilation. Overall, everything depends on the material of your gloves so make sure you make a smart choice when it comes to material.Different kinds of materials are used in the making of gloves, that includes, leather and its different varieties, cotton, and PVC.Cotton and other synthetic material may be the cheapest option, and you may want to invest in them if you are a casual player. But if you are a professional player then you may want to invest in high-quality leather.
10. PriceThe price matters. Everybody knows that. You should be aware of how much you are spending on your cricket gloves and whether or not the gloves are worth your money. You need to make sure if the price is doing justice.More price indeed means better quality, but this won’t be the case with every cricket glove. There are a few gloves that feature a decent quality at a budget-friendly price. Lastly, you don’t want to compromise with the quality of the price.Overall, make sure you are buying the best for the price you are paying.
11. Customer ReviewsAnother one of the things that you need to consider is the reviews of the customers. People who have already bought the glove and are currently using them would have a lot to say about the product.Keep their views under consideration, after all, who can tell better than the people who are already using the product.
12. Brand ValueThe quality of the cricket gloves is directly based on the brand of the glove. So you need to make sure you are buying your glove from a good enough brand as well. Brands like Kookaburra, Adidas, Puma are some of the best brands to rely upon.
Conclusion:So these are some of the best cricket gloves that you can buy and rely upon for the best cricket performance. The aforementioned cricket gloves feature it all, the great flexibility, a good fit, quality material, and an overall best performance and that too at an affordable price. So there are hardly any things that you can complain about. So when it comes down to choosing the best cricket gloves, these should be your first choice.That’s all for now and we hope you found the right cricket gloves from our article and that we were helpful. Thank you.