Summer is here, which means it is time to hit the beach or swimming pools to enjoy some water fun and keep your body cool. Being around water is fun, but playing some water sports is what most people look forward to in summer. Although there are so many water sports and activities that we can do and enjoy in summers or at the beach such as playing volleyball, surfing, having a beach party, surfing, and so on. One of such beach activities or water sports is kneeboarding.
Kneeboarding is gaining quite some popularity nowadays as it is different from other water sports but it is pretty fun and adventurous too. This is a sport that everyone enjoys regardless of their skill level or age. This happens because of the interesting rider position onboard that is less demanding than other wakeboarding or boat towed sports.
To get better at kneeboarding or get the best experience of the sport, the first thing that you are going to need would be the best kneeboard. The whole game revolves around how good you are at handling the kneeboard or how good a kneeboard is. So having a decent kneeboard is a must. There are plenty of such kneeboards available on the market, but you have to choose the best one for yourself. Now, this might be a little challenging because at first glance they all look the same.
That is why you need some assistance or help in choosing the best kneeboard. Since you are here looking for the best kneeboard, you have already done half of the work. In this article, we are going to list down some of the best kneeboards that you are going to find so far. Go ahead and take a look at these and see which one you would like to have.
- 1 Best Kneeboards
- 1.1 1. SereneLife Thunder Wave Kneeboard
- 1.2 2. Hydroslide Revolution Kneeboard
- 1.3 3. ZUP YouGo Combo Kneeboard
- 1.4 4. Leader Accessories Kneeboard
- 1.5 5. O’Brien Voodoo Kneeboard
- 1.6 6. Driftsun Crush Kneeboard
- 1.7 7. Hydroslide Razorback Kneeboard
- 1.8 8. Xspec Kneeboard with Hook Strap
- 1.9 9. O’Brien Radica Kneeboard
- 1.10 10. Driftsun Charger Kneeboard
- 1.11 How to Choose the Best Kneeboard?
- 1.12 Conclusion
SereneLife is one of the biggest brands when it comes to sports goods and other products, and the brand is also a popular choice for kneeboards as well. The Thunder Wave Kneeboard from SereneLife is one of the best kneeboards that you can find so far and this is why it grabbed the first place on our list. There are many reasons why we liked this kneeboard and you will also be impressed by all of them. From construction to performance, this kneeboard is winning in every department.The kneeboard only weighs 9 pounds which makes it a lightweight option to get started with. It is made from high-quality polyurethane, which is a marine-grade material, so you can expect the best quality and construction. It is ideal for both freshwater and saltwater. The kneeboard features an adjustable leg strap and a hook for a tow rope.It is designed for stability which is why this kneeboard is perfect for beginners as well as kids. The size is ideal for both adults and kids. It also provides a great buoyancy to the user. The hard foam padding will keep the user stable and comfortable.Overall, this is one of the top-rated kneeboards to invest in and it also gives you the best value for money.
2. Hydroslide Revolution KneeboardHydroslide Revolution Kneeboard is also one of the top kneeboards that you will find. This one has impressed the customers a lot and helped them to have a great experience while kneeboarding. It delivers a smooth and easy ride, no matter what your skill level is. So even if you are a veteran at this sport or you are trying to master it, this kneeboard will help you to get the best time.This one features a spoon shape and curved edges that ensure a smooth turn and a great buoyancy. The kneeboard also features an ergonomic knee pad that supports your knee and shines well too. The kneeboard is made from strong and sturdy plastic that will last for a long time and will easily withstand the pressure and abuse over the years. It also features a padded leg strap and a special Hydrohook for attaching a tow handle while you try to stand up. The pad is made up of EVA foam.The kneeboard is well balanced which makes it a perfect choice for beginners or learners. It would be ideal with any kind of style and tricks. There are no fins, so it will be easier to do the tricks as well. Lastly, the kneeboard also features an amazing print that will attract anyone’s attention.
3. ZUP YouGo Combo KneeboardIf you are looking for versatility then we have the best kneeboard option for you and this one is from ZUP YouGo! This kneeboard is not just used for kneeboarding but also for a wide array of other activities including wakeboarding, wake surfing, water skiing, and more. One of the things that you would find a bit different would be its design which will take a little time to get used to it.This kneeboarding is quite large and measures 57 x 25 inches in size, so if you are looking for a larger option, you would certainly like it. You won’t find any kneeboards on this kneeboard instead it features EVA foam pads, this allows users to try out different positions as per the water sport you are performing.The kneeboard is made from molded ABS plastic which is quite durable and sturdy, so it would last for many seasons. It also features a handle with rubber grips that you can grab for stability while riding. It comes with a 60-foot DoubleZUP tow rope with a handle.Overall, this is a whole package that would certainly impress people who are fond of several water sports.
4. Leader Accessories KneeboardThe Leader Accessories Kneeboard has also made it to our list as it is one of the best-selling kneeboards on Amazon. The kneeboard has certainly impressed us with its performance, and it is pretty stable and safe to use as well. The kneeboard is quite responsive and agile which made it one of the favorite kneeboards for the fans of the sports. It features a molded-in hook that provides a hands-free start, this is a quality you would find in premium and expensive kneeboards.It features a low position that provides more speed. The board also features a beveled edge that allows you to make quick and precise cuts, this would make it easier to do the tricks. The kneeboard is covered with an EVA foam knee pad which features ergonomically-shaped deep knee wells. You will also find padded straps that provide stability and give you full control over the kneeboard.Overall, it is a feature-packed and high-quality kneeboard that you will find at this price range, so make sure you look it up.
5. O’Brien Voodoo KneeboardThis kneeboard comes with all the looks, the performance, and the price, so it is certainly one of the top-rated kneeboards that you can find. The kneeboard is big enough with a size of 51.25 x 22 inches, so it is suitable for adults to enjoy kneeboarding. The board also features a low position for charging and molded-in fins for improved stability and tracking.The kneeboard features an asymmetrical design and comes with fins on both sides that help you ride on any side. It also features EVA foam deep knee wells along with three inches padded strap to give you top-level safety. You will also find an integrated hook to get a hands-free start. The variable beveled edges make it easier to make sharp cuts and ensure a smooth ride as well.
6. Driftsun Crush KneeboardDriftsun Crush Kneeboard has also made it to our list given its great performance, durability, and well-designed construction. It features an extra soft EVA flex foam that will certainly make a difference for you. One of the things that customers liked the most about this kneeboard is that it absorbs shock pretty well.The knee walls are not that deep, which makes them suitable for kids to use as well. The board is made from rotomolded plastic which can handle pressure and will certainly be stable and durable. The core is made up of EPS which reduces the weight and improves its stability. The three-inch padded strap with reinforced brackets and integrated hook also makes it a suitable choice. The dual tip design of the board makes it even more stable and improves the tracking. It ensures a smooth ride with all the tricks and cuts you would want to do.
7. Hydroslide Razorback KneeboardThis one is a pretty-looking kneeboard with lots of qualities and features which makes it one of the best kneeboards to buy so far. This kneeboard has it all, it is agile and snappy on water and it provides maximum comfort for knees and legs. You will also find retractable fins which makes it easier to use for anyone at any skill level.The kneeboard is made from rotomolded plastic which makes it stable and durable, and it will withstand all the bumps and scratches. The top surface is padded with a comfy foam which will keep your legs secure and comfortable. It also features two fins and a lever that will be used to raise or lower the fins.Overall, it provides smooth performance and excellent quality, so this one certainly gives the best value for money.
8. Xspec Kneeboard with Hook StrapMade with a rotomolded shell and EPS core, this kneeboard is also counted among the top kneeboards in the market right now. This one provides greater stability and it can withstand all the rough treatment in deep water. This one features a design of both waterski and wakeboard construction that provides a smooth ride.It also comes with cup-molded fins which makes it easier to perform stunts and do tricks. The deep walls of EVA padding make it much more comfortable. It also comes with an adjustable strap and aquatic hook for an easy start. This one provides perfect buoyancy and it can handle high impact as well. Overall, this one will be worth spending money on.
9. O’Brien Radica KneeboardWe have another one of the best kneeboards from O’Brien which you would like to buy right away as it has everything you would ask for. This one also features a construction inspired by both wakeboards and water skis. It will be pretty easy to cut and switch edges. This one also features a low position which provides full control to the user.The quad molded fins are an exceptional and highly detailed feature in the fin. It provides a controlled ride for the user and is quite easier to use as well. This kneeboard is also ideal for beginners.
10. Driftsun Charger KneeboardThis is one of the best budget kneeboards to invest in and you will also like it for its versatility. The kneeboard is a great choice for both adults and kids, and you would be able to perform all kinds of tricks and stunts. It is more comfortable and stable than most of its competitors and that’s why it’s everyone’s favorite.It features a V-shaped hull for performing spins easily, a reinforced strap bracket for a firm grip. It is quite soft and features soft landings. It is constructed with a rotomolded shell with an EPS core that makes it resistant to impacts and lasts longer.
How to Choose the Best Kneeboard?This question might have popped in your head while looking at the best kneeboards. Well, it is a valid question, because you need to look at how you can choose the best kneeboard for yourself and which one would be most suitable for you. With that being said, you need to know what kind of future you would need to consider in a kneeboard.Here, we are listing some of the factors and features that you need to consider while buying a kneeboard to get the best one for yourself:
1. Board StyleOne of the first things that you need to figure out before buying a kneeboard is what kind of board you will be buying. There are different types of kneeboards available and each one suits different people. There is the following type of kneeboard that you should know about:Trick boards have rounded edges and bottom that make it easier to perform some advanced tricks. This is because the round edges make it easier for the board to glide smoothly. These are easy to use and master, and great for beginners as well as intermediates.Competitive boards are known for their slimmer bodies and sharper edges. This helps the user to perform some advanced tricks as they don’t have to worry about the basics anymore. It is also ideal to use in deeper water and also its swiftness. These don’t come with fins (mostly) which provides more room to do the tricks.Recreational boards are popular among beginners as well as veterans. These are much thicker as they focus on buoyancy. This also acts as a flotation device to which the user can hold on in case of a spill.
2. MaterialIf you have decided which kind of board you are going to go with, you would also like to figure out the best material for the board as well. There are commonly two materials that are used in making the kneeboards, plastic, and fiberglass.Plastic is a common material used to make kneeboards. A good quality plastic would be long-lasting and sturdy, and the best thing is it will be cheaper, so a lot of people do prefer plastic kneeboards. It is also a less complicated and much safer choice for beginners.Kneeboards are also made from compression-molded fiberglass shells. These are popular among professionals as they are sharp, thin, and seamless. They are less buoyant which makes them a better choice for deep water.
3. PadsPad is the area where the user sits while kneeboarding, so it has to be a comfortable pad otherwise you would be uncomfortable and won’t enjoy your experience. So while buying a kneeboard, you need to figure out the perfect softness or hardness for yourself. The pads also help you to stay stable even when you are not very much.
4. HooksThe kneeboard would be attached to a rope which would be to the hook of the kneeboard. So a hook of kneeboard is also a factor that you need to look at before buying. Make sure the hook is durable enough for you and can handle the pressure. Some kneeboards don’t even come with an integrated tow hook and some don’t, so you need to look after that as well. If you are a beginner, it would be better if you buy a kneeboard with an integrated hook.
5. FinsFins are also something that may or may not come with every kneeboard. Fins are ideal if you are still learning as they help you stay balanced and stable in the water. The fin can be big or small, depending on what the user would want according to their skill level.
6. Price and RatingLast but not least, you should also consider the cost of the kneeboard. There are plenty of kneeboards available and they all come in a wide range of prices, so you won’t have trouble finding one in your budget.Apart from this, you should see if the price of the kneeboard is worth it. So look at all the features, along with ratings and reviews are given by customers to find if it would be worth it to spend money on the kneeboard.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best kneeboards that you would like to have if you are going for kneeboarding. These are some of the most popular and highly rated kneeboards that you would find in the market. Customers are pretty happy with these, and so will you.We have come to an end for this article, and we hope that you found the best kneeboard with our help. Go ahead and buy the best one on the list and enjoy this cool water sport.