Whether you are a professional photographer, a beginner, or just like casual photography, having a DSLR is a must. For someone who wants to click every moment whether they are going on a trip or just wants to catch the rare moments of daily love, a DSLR camera is something very necessary. Yes, we have phones with great cameras but they will never be able to compete with the professional and high quality of a DSLR camera.
Since you are here, you must be looking to buy a good DSLR camera for yourself, right? Although some people say all cameras are equal and it doesn’t matter which one you buy if you have the right photography skills. But we know for sure that the camera determines the quality of the photos you click or even the videos you shoot. And choosing the right camera is especially important for beginners as they are just learning a new skill and they need to make sure that they can rely on their camera for good quality pictures without having to be an expert photographer.
When it comes to choosing the best DSLR camera for beginners, you need to take your time and put some effort into finding the right one. Well, there are many options for beginners when it comes to DSLR cameras. Bit this many options can overwhelm you and you might end up getting more confused about choosing the right among the wide variety of cameras available in the market.
We are here to help you out. In this article, we have listed down the top 11 DSLR cameras for beginners that you can choose and there is also a buying guide at the end of the article so you can know how to choose the best DSLR camera for beginners.
- 1 Best DSLR Camera For Beginners
- 1.1 1. Nikon D3500
- 1.2 2. Canon EOS Rebel T7i
- 1.3 3. Nikon D5600
- 1.4 4. Canon EOS Rebel SL3
- 1.5 5. Fujifilm X-T200
- 1.6 6. Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV
- 1.7 7. Canon EOS M50
- 1.8 8. Sony A600
- 1.9 9. Nikon Z 50
- 1.10 10. Canon EOS Rebel T6
- 1.11 11. Nikon D5300
- 1.12 Buying Guide for DSLR Camera for Beginners:
- 1.13 Conclusion
Best DSLR Camera For Beginners
1. Nikon D3500Nikon is one of the best camera brands in this world so when it comes to finding the best DSLR camera for beginners we this one is our first choice. Here, you will get great image quality and the best thing would be the guide mode which makes it the best DSLR camera for beginners.Speaking of its features the camera comes with a 24.2 MP pixel count which makes it a great option for entry-level photographers giving them quality images. It comes with a 3 inch fixed screen display with 921,000 dots. You will also find the 11 points AF along with 5 fps burst shooting which is sure you click a perfect shot. It comes with Bluetooth connectivity which makes it easier for users, especially for beginners. Although it lacks the 4k resolution as well as the inbuilt Wi-Fi and there is no touchscreen either. The battery life lasts for 1,500 shots which are quite impressive. But given the price you are getting an impressive image quality and a beginners friendly DSLR camera.Overall, you would want to buy it for its beginner’s friendly features and budget-friendly price. So overall, this top-rated DSLR camera for beginners is worth your money.
Canon is another one of the top-rated camera brands that you must have heard of before, regardless of your skill level. They have always made the quality camera featuring the best interface and image quality which makes them a good choice for photographers at all skill levels.This model from Canon makes the top DSLR camera for beginners as it comes with a user-friendly interface and it’s highly efficient for beginners to use as well. Here, you will get full touch screen control so you may wanna prefer it for that. The 6fps and 45 points AF make it an excellent camera as well. It is full HD 1080 when it comes to shooting videos. When it comes to connectivity, you will find Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC, so it gets a plus point for that. The battery life lasts for 600 shots.Overall, you would love the hassle-free shooting and photography experience with this beginner-friendly DSLR camera and it also features an amazing overall image quality, so you can rely on this if you are following your passion for photography.
3. Nikon D5600Nikon D5600 is another one of the top-rated DSLR cameras for beginners that you can rely upon. The photography enthusiasts and beginners have given their positive response to the camera given its intuitive interface and beginners friendly features. It comes with APS-C CMOS sensors and 24.2 MP which gives you a picture-perfect shot.You will get a 3.2-inch touchscreen screen with 1,040,000 dots. The continuous shooting speed is 5fps and the maximum video resolution is 1080p. Given the features, we can say that you were going to get a good experience while clicking the special moments or even while learning professional photography.You may have to spend a little more on this DSLR camera for beginners but in the end, it is worth the money. With high ratings and lots of positive reviews, this one is undoubtedly one of the best DSLR cameras among beginners or entry-level photographers. Overall, you can get a little more creative with this camera and explore the world of photography to the fullest.
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 is another one of the best cameras for beginners that you need to know about. Here this one makes sure that all the photographers, especially the entry-level ones get the best assistance and get to capture the perfect shots. The beginners friendly user interface and amazing features are all you can ask for from this camera.Here, you will get 24.1 MP along with APS-C CMOS sensors which is pretty impressive for a beginner-friendly DSLR camera. You will get the 3-inch vari angle touch screen along with 1,040,000 dots and 5fps shooting speed as well. For a change, here you will get the 4k resolution which is mostly absent in the other entry-level DSLR cameras at this price range.The camera features a small size that is easy to use and comfortable, so it would be ideal for you if you have never handled a camera in your life. The fast and reliable autofocus is another of the impressive features that you would be happy to have.Overall, you would certainly love this DSLR camera for beginners and it also comes at a budget-friendly price as well.
We have another top-rated DSLR camera for beginners and this one comes from Fujifilm which is also a leading camera brand in the world. Here, this brand has always impressed us with their quality camera capturing quality images and videos. It is a mirrorless type camera with 24.2 MP and APS-C sensors. The 3.5-inch touch screen is quite big compared to other cameras in this price range.The best thing about this DSLR camera is that you get the highest speed which is 8fps so this is something you can consider. Here, you will find the 4K resolution for video shooting.You would like the fact that it is compact and lightweight which makes it easy to handle by beginners and even people who have never touched a camera. It is strongly built and made to last long. The overall image quality and camera quality are quite impressive which means you will get the best value for money.
Olympus is another one of the leading DSLR cameras for beginners that you need to know about. This one comes with micro four third sensors and 20.3 MP. You will get a 3-inch tilting touchscreen with 1,037,000. The maximum shooting speed with this camera is 8.7fps which is quite impressive as well.This one is ideal for both beginners and intermediate-level photographers and it features amazing functionality as well. You will get a good value for money as well. Overall, if you are looking for the best budget DSLR camera for beginners then this is something you can consider buying.
We have another one of the top DSLR cameras for beginners from Canon. If you are fond of this brand then you are going to love it as well. This one features an intuitive interface that is beginner-friendly and easy to use.Although it’s a little expensive, you are getting some advanced features and specifications as well. You will find APS-C sensors and a 3-inch vari-angle touch screen as well. The maximum video resolution is 4k UHD along with 10fps speed which is the highest of all. It also features a built-in electronic viewfinder as well.Overall, for this price you can’t find a better DSLR camera than this one, so make sure you check it out and see if this is something you would like to have.
8. Sony A600When it comes to cameras, we can’t forget to mention Sony, after all, it is a highly reputed electronic brand that has earned the trust of customers all across the world.With this beginner-friendly DSLR camera, you will get 24.3 MP and APS-C sensors. It’s a 3-inch tilting screen with 921,000 dots. The continuous speed for shooting is 11fps. You will also like the full HD resolution for shooting and the overall image quality as well.It is compact and lightweight which makes it easy to handle and carry around. You will also like the built-in electronic viewfinder. Overall, you are getting a good deal given the price tag, so do go ahead and check it out.
9. Nikon Z 50If you are looking for the best quality DSLR camera for beginners then Nikon Z 50 should be your best choice. This one features the best value for money even though you have to spend a little extra than any other DSLR camera for beginners on our list. This should be your choice if you are going to try your hand at professional photography.Here, you will get the APS-C CMOS sensors and the latest 20.9 MP quality. The 4K UHD is worth a lot more than it’s asking. The continuous shooting speed is 11fps which is pretty good for a beginner photographer. You would also like the 3-inch tilting screen with 1.04 million dots.It features a compact body and kit lens so this is something you would appreciate buying. Overall, if a premium quality DSLR camera is for beginners then this should be your best choice.
Next on our list of best DSLR cameras for beginners is none other than Canon EOS Rebel T6. With 18 MP and APS-C CMOS sensors, you will get good enough quality for images. It features 3fps of shooting speed along with a 3-inch screen with 920,000 dots. For an entry-level photographer, this should be a good choice.
11. Nikon D5300We have another DSLR camera for beginners from the Nikon D series and this one is also going to impress you as well. It comes with 5fps continuous speed, 24.3 MP, APS-C CMOS sensors, a 3.2-inch screen, and 1080p resolution. So it would be good enough for any entry-level photographer.
Buying Guide for DSLR Camera for Beginners:Since there are many amazing choices available for you when it comes to choosing the best DSLR camera for beginners. But you can still get confused and find it hard to choose one for yourself. This can happen if you lack the knowledge of what makes a DSLR camera better or the best one. So here are some of the features that you should consider while choosing the best DSLR camera for beginners.
1. Purpose of Buying a DSLR CameraOne of the first things that you need to consider would be the purpose of buying a guide DSLR camera. Are you buying the camera out of passion or hobby? Will you be clicking pictures professionally and learning photography or do you just like to click pictures and need the right DSLR camera for that?If you are buying the camera for professional reasons then you may need to invest more and make sure there are high-end features needed for all kinds of photography. And if you are buying the camera for a hobby, you can opt for a cheaper option.
2. Sensor Size by MegapixelsWe always check the megapixels when buying our phone to check the quality of the camera and the same thing you have to do with the DSLR camera as well. Although, just the megapixels won’t determine the quality of the camera so you will have to do the math here.It depends on the size of the photo you are taking. Just keep in mind that not always the bigger megapixels would be better. You need to consider the size of the photo you are taking and also it depends upon the brand of the camera as well.
3. Interchangeable LenseInterchangeable lenses are also something that you need to consider while buying a DSLR camera for beginners. Not all DSLR cameras come with interchangeable lenses. So choose a camera with interchangeable lenses if you really need that.
4. Control and Advance FeaturesWhen it comes to buying a DSLR camera for beginners, you may want to know how much control you will have over the camera and at the end over the photography. This is something not many people consider and they don’t even realize while buying the camera why it’s important. It just means how many advanced features are present in the camera that you are buying and how easily you would be able to use them. This consists of high ISO ranges and larger sensors.
5. SpeedSpeed is also something that can make a lot of difference to your photography. You will need a camera that has quickly captured a moment and that too without compromising the quality of the image. Make sure you buy a camera with high speed and get the best photography experience.
6. DesignAnother one of the things that may make a difference in the overall design of the camera. You will get many choices when it comes to design so you may take a moment and consider the different designs as well. The outer body material and structure can also make a difference as well. Although it would affect the price as well.
7. CostThe price might be the most important factor when it comes to shopping for the ideal DSLR camera for beginners. Here, you will need to consider your budget before you go on a hunt for the best DSLR camera for beginners so that you don’t spend more than you can afford because it’s easier to get carried away.Another thing that you need to consider is the value for your money, always compare your camera with its competitors to know whether you are getting the best deal or not. And also spend according to the purpose of the DSLR camera.
8. Customer ReviewsThe customer reviews can make a lot of difference as well, after all, you would want to make an informed decision right. So make sure before buying your camera you go ahead and check its customer reviews. This will help you know about its overall quality and performance.
9. BrandSome people say brand doesn’t matter and others want to invest in a good brand. In our opinion, the brand does matter to some extent and you can’t deny the fact that certain brands are better than others. So you can also consider the brand value and brand reputation while choosing the best DSLR camera for beginners.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best DSLR cameras for beginners that you can find. We have listed them on our list considering their overall features and their quality as well. So go ahead and check them out and choose the one that meets your requirements as well as your budget.That would be all for now and we hope that you got everything that you have been looking for.