Portable Water Heaters have become a necessity over the period. Gone are the days when people used to say no to camping just because they were not comfortable with the cold water. Portable water heaters are nothing but a blessing for all of us who can’t bear the cold water.
Whether it’s camping, living in a small house with no connection for a heater, or just going on a long road trip with your friends, the portable water heater is the one thing that will make everything more comfortable.
There are so many benefits of a portable water heater. They come at a lower price because of their compact size and lightweight design. Portable water heaters are meant to give you a longer service as well. They are also easy to install and are a space saver as well. Lastly, the portable water heater also provides an endless hot water supply, whether you are at home or outside!
I think we said enough about the need for a portable water heater. Your presence here makes it clear that you are in a need of a portable water heater too. Well, we are not going to disappoint you.
There are a variety of portable water heaters available for us. There are different models, shapes, and sizes of the portable heater are available to meet our needs. But with this much variety, one can also get easily confused when it comes to choosing the perfect portable water heater for themselves. If you too are in the dilemma of choosing the best portable water heater then don’t worry we have got your back.
Here we have chosen the 15 best portable water heater that is currently available in the market. Don’t forget to check out our buying guide for portable water heaters at the end of the article. So go ahead and check out our list of best portable water heater and pick one for yourself.
- 1 Best Portable Water Heaters
- 1.1 1. Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Portable Water Heater
- 1.2 2. Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater
- 1.3 3. Camp Chef HWD5 Triton Water Heater
- 1.4 4. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 1.5 5. Gasland BE158
- 1.6 6. Costway Gas Water Heater
- 1.7 7. Mr. Heater Boss XCW20 Basecamp
- 1.8 8. EZ 101 Tankless Water Heater
- 1.9 9. The Coleman Oasis Portable Water Heater
- 1.10 10. The Eccotemp L10 Water Heater
- 1.11 11. Coleman 2300A700 Portable Hot Water
- 1.12 12. Camplux BW211 Water Heater
- 1.13 13. Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater and Shower Pump
- 1.14 14. Mr. Heater Boss XB13 Basecamp Battery Operated Shower System
- 1.15 15. VEVOR 6L Propane Hot Water Heater
- 1.16 Things to Consider in Portable Water Heater
- 1.17 Conclusion –
Best Portable Water Heaters
When it comes to water heaters, Camplux is the brand that you can fully trust. This brand has never let us down and now they are all set to make our lives more convenient with their portable water heaters.The water heater has a flow rate of 1.32 GPM which is good enough. The heater uses propane as a source of power, which makes it ideal for outdoors or camping sites. Customers have loved the fact that the heater provides an instant water flow once it is turned on. For more convenience, the water heater can be connected to a garden hose with a diameter of one and a half inches.The flow of water can be adjusted. The water capacity is five liters. It will also require 2D lithium-ion batteries to operate. The water heater is also suitable for indoor use as it comes with an oxygen depletion sensor. Lastly, the water heater is compact-sized which makes it an ideal portable water heater that you can carry around with you.Key Features
- Only low pressure required to operate
- Instant water flow and an automatic shutoff system
- The Source of power is propane
With tons of amazing features, the Eccotemp L5 has become our top choice for the best portable water heater list. This one is compact and lightweight as you can expect from a portable water heater. The water heater is generated with a battery which is ideal for outdoor locations.The water heater is also has a shower nozzle which can be adjusted via the settings. A garden hose can be connected to the heater as well. Customers have also found it easy to install and set up without any complicated procedures. Overall this one is a perfect portable water heater just in case you need a hot shower while camping or trekking.Key Features
- Extremely easy to install
- Works as a portable shower
- Compact size and efficient water flow.
Camp Chef is also a popular brand that has successfully gained the trust of people. This one too is a premium quality brand which promises you reliability and supreme quality.This compact-sized water heater weighed like 15 pounds and is pretty easy to install as well. You will also find a shower-head and a nozzle to connect the garden hose. The automatic ignition will heat the water when it will pass through it. This is why the water heater is called efficient and it conserves energy as well.The water flow is 1.5 pretty good GPM. The heater is basically a portable shower as it comes with lots of shower settings. It supports a 20-pound propane tank and it can provide continuous hot water for 11 hours. One of the best things about Triton is its wide temperature range which varies from 38°F to 102°F.Key Features
- Self mountable and self-standing
- Wide temperature range
- Can provide warm water for up to 11 hours
Bosch is another leading home appliances company that we can trust. That’s why this portable water heater is on our list. The Bosch portable water heater is pretty amazing and would certainly provide you the best service possible.The temperatures range varies from 65 to 145°F. This makes it suitable for colder areas. It comes in a compact and small size with a lightweight design, so you can carry it around anywhere with you. It’s an electric water heater, so it might not be the best choice for outdoors, however, It will be pretty helpful for homes.Key Features
- It can heat the water very quickly
- It’s electric so you don’t have to carry the propane tank with yourself
- It’s affordable and comes with a two-year warranty
If you are looking for the best energy efficient portable water heater then Gasland BE158 should be your first choice. The water heater provides optimized performance and it has been made using combustion technology. This way, the heater uses less gas.Some safety features are also found in this portable water heater so you will have nothing to worry about. The safety features include a false failure device, anti-freezing protection, and temperature protection. The water heater supports a water flow at 1.58 GPM. Lastly, it runs on battery, which guarantees an extended performance and you will be able to enjoy hot water for long hours.Key Features
- It is one of the safest portable water heaters
- It’s energy-efficient
- Provides desired water temperature
Costway has also managed to get a place in our best portable water heater list. This one promises convenience and safety and it has lived up to its promises. You will be just a flick away from hot water if you have this portable water heater. This one is ideal for camping or living in a rustic wooden cabin!This water heater is powered by gas and it comes with an 11 inch WC Gas Pressure. Although it can be powered by 1.5V batteries as well.Key Features
- It can heat water up to 165°F (if the water heats more than that, the heater will automatically shut off)
- Features a long shower nozzle
- The water flow is 0.8 GPM
7. Mr. Heater Boss XCW20 BasecampMr. Heater Boss too makes a perfect portable water heater with its amazing features. The water heater is both battery and propane gas powered.Unlike other water heaters, this one comes with a full-fledged kit. You will find AC and DC adapters, a plum assembly, a quick connect shower head, and a carrying bag. The flow rate is 1.2 GPM and it can easily heat water above 45 degrees Fahrenheit.Key Features
- The battery will last for 40 minutes
- There are some safety features included which prevent water from heating too much
- A display would feature the temperature of the water and the battery status
8. EZ 101 Tankless Water HeaterEZ 101 is another amazing portable water heater that you can rely on. As its name suggests, it is a tankless water heater and it allows you to heat water directly. The source of power is a propane tank.With this water heater, you can heat water as per your needs. So it can be called an eco-friendly water heater. Lastly, users would have full control over the usage of the water heater and they can also customize the settings according to their needs.Key Features
- Customizable settings
- One of the best tankless water heater
9. The Coleman Oasis Portable Water HeaterThe Coleman Oasis is another amazing water heater that you can carry around and always have access to warm water.This water heater can warm up the water within 30 seconds, and this makes it one of the fastest water heater. This one can be used for several purposes and it also has a shower nozzle. The water heater uses the liquids propane cylinders which can be a little expensive. Overall it is a decent portable water heater to invest in.Key Features
- Can heat water in 30 seconds
- Easy to use and set up
- Also has a lithium-ion rechargeable battery
Eccotemp L10 is our next choice for the best portable water heater. This one is specially decided for the outdoor settings and that why you might wanna spend on this one. The water heater has some great features and it also comes at a reasonable price too. It conserves both the gas and the water so it’s quite efficient.Key Features
- It is very effective as the heating time is low
- Has safety features that will shut the whole thing off if there is a problem
11. Coleman 2300A700 Portable Hot WaterColeman 2300A700 is the heater that you will buy if you want convenience, efficiency, and effectiveness. The heater comes up with its own faucet. The heater can heat 40 gallons of water with its 16.4-ounce Propane cylinder. The flow rate is 1GPM. It also comes with a battery that can be charged by your car.Key Features
- Has a built-in faucet
- Comes with a battery that can also be charged by your car
- Can heat 40 gallons of water
Camplux BW211 has also made it to our list and there are several reasons why you should buy this one. The temperatures range from 50 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. It is powered by Propane and also comes with a lithium-ion battery. The water heater comes with its own tool kit that makes its installation easier.Key Features
- A premium quality portable water heater with good features
- several safety features are also present
13. Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater and Shower PumpWith a convenient and compact design, the Hike Crew Portable water heater has also grabbed our attention. The water heater can be used for so many purposes outdoors.It can instantly heat the water and you will be left with a hot shower. There are a few safety measures as well which will automatically shut off the heater if the temperature exceeds the 125°F limit.Key Features
- Comes with accessories
- It’s a safe portable water heater
- Can be used for multi-purposes
14. Mr. Heater Boss XB13 Basecamp Battery Operated Shower SystemIf you are looking for a battery-operated hot water generator then this one should be your first choice. It runs on D cell batteries and is charged via an AC adapter.This one gives you full control as it is a tankless water heater and you will have to put it in a bucket full of water. Users can select the temperature and get the hot water instantly. A faucet can also be attached to the heater. It can also be connected to a propane tank as well and for that, it comes with several accessories.Key Features
- Easy to use tank-less water heater
- Operates on the battery as well as via a propane tank
VEVOR has also managed to get a place on our list of best portable water heaters and this one will impress you too.Its design is compact and it weighs only 10 lbs. So it will be extremely easy to carry around. The water heater comes with lots of safety features that make sure users don’t have any issues using it. The safety features include incomplete combustion safety device, over water temperature protection, flame failure protection, and built-in timer.Its water flow rate is 1.58 GPM. It can heat water up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.Key Features
- Comes with lots of safety features
- Compact design and lightweight,
- Easy to set up without any expertise
So these are some of the best portable water heater 2021 that we have found for you. If you are still thinking about which one you should buy, then take a look at the following list of things to consider in a portable water heater.
Things to Consider in Portable Water Heater1. Water CapacityPortable or not, the water capacity of a water heater is crucial when it comes to selecting one for yourself. Generally, the storage tank or the water capacity should be from one to ten gallons. Although some portable water heaters come without a strange tank, in that case, you will need your own storage tank for the heater.
2. Unit SizeGenerally, portable water heaters are known for their compact size and lightweight design, still, it’s important to get the water heater that is convenient for you. You need to make sure you get the right size that is portable and you can carry around easily.
3. Flow RateFlow Rate is one of the most important things that you would have to consider while buying one. The flow rate is measured in GPM that is a gallon per meter. The standard flow rate is 1GPM to 3.5 GPM. The flow rate is directly proportional to the water heating rate.
4. Source of PowerThere are two major sources of power that you would wanna consider, one is propane and the other one is electric. The propane water heater is more compatible with the outdoors, although you will have to carry a portable propane tank. On the other hand, the electric ones are more suitable for homes and indoors.
5. EfficiencyThe only point of buying a portable water heater is convenience and efficiency. So you have to look for an efficient portable water heater. Look for the water heaters that can heat the water more conveniently.
6. Safety featuresYou don’t want your heater or yourself to get burnt. That’s why safety features are very important. Look for a water heater that has basic safety features, such as turning it off when the temperature exceeds its limit, etc.
7. AccessoriesSince the portable water heater is supposed to be used outside, it’s important to have some accessories for your convenience. See if the water heater comes with a shower or faucet nozzle and if it can be connected to a garden hose.
Conclusion –Here we are done with our article, Best Portable Water Heaters. We have shared a list of the best portable water heaters and the buying guide. We hope that you have found everything that you have been looking for here. So go ahead and choose the best portable water heater for yourself and never worry about the cold water. Thank you and we hope you will be coming more often for such content in the future as well.