Bangkok is one of the most exciting cities in the world. People go there to have fun and explore the vibrant culture and exciting nightlife of Bangkok. The capital city of Thailand offers so much to its visitors as well as the citizens that you would feel like you belong here. There is hardly anything that you can’t do in Bangkok and this is what makes the visitors of this city a bit confused when it comes to what to do and what to visit in the city. The city offers the best cuisines to the best places to visit and explore which might leave you overwhelmed.
Since the city has so much to offer and you might feel like lost for a bit, you need to plan your trip smartly so that you can make most of the trip to Bangkok. And that’s exactly why you need our help.
In the following article, we are going to mention some of the best things to do in Bangkok so that you get to have fun and the best time in Bangkok.
- 1 Amazing Things To Do In Bangkok
- 1.1 1. Wat Pho
- 1.2 2. Dine at Chao Phraya Princess
- 1.3 3. Shop at Siam Paragon
- 1.4 4. Have a Thai Massage
- 1.5 5. Visit the Museum of Siam
- 1.6 6. Visit the Chatuchak Market
- 1.7 7. Ride the Sky Train
- 1.8 8. Visit Grand Palace
- 1.9 9. Sathorn Unique Tower
- 1.10 10. Explore the Thai Street Food
- 1.11 11. Participate in the water fight during Songkran
- 1.12 12. Explore the Bangkok Nightlife
- 1.13 13. Go on Adventure at Safari World
- 1.14 14. Watch puppet show
- 1.15 15. Go on a bicycle tour
- 1.16 Conclusion –
Also check – Things to do in dubai / Things to do in goa
Amazing Things To Do In Bangkok
1. Wat PhoWat Pho is one of the best things to see in Bangkok and here you would find the Reclining Buddha which stands fifteen meters tall and forty-six meters long.The whole statue looks pretty amazing and it is covered with gold leaf and you would see other details in the statue as you come closer and closer. Inside the Wat Pho temple, you would find 108 bowls. There is a story that Buddha had completed 108 positive actions to become perfect.One of the other reasons to visit the temple is that you can also get a traditional Thai massage.
2. Dine at Chao Phraya PrincessOne of the best things to do in Bangkok is to dine at the Chao Phraya Princess where you would get a luxury treatment. The place is very popular among the elite classes of Bangkok as well as the tourists.It is a luxury cruise that has the interior of a 5-star hotel and there is also background music playing which makes the whole experience even more luxurious and memorable.Speaking of the food, the dining place offers some of the best cuisines from local as well as from the international level. And everything tastes delicious. The view is spectacular as you can see the Riverside attractions as well as the Wat Arun temple with the perfect lights.
3. Shop at Siam ParagonIf you are a die-hard shopper then you might wanna stop at the Siam Paragon and shop your heart out. The place is full of luxurious brands and high-end designer shops. The shopping mall has become one of the best places to shop and do some retail therapy.Not only the shopping places, but the mall is also full of other activities such as theaters, restaurants, and the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia. There are over 250 shops which make it a perfect place so you won’t need to go to any other place to go shop (except for local goods!).
4. Have a Thai MassageIf there is one thing that defines Thailand that would be the Thai Massage (apart from the Thai food of course). So it would be a crime not to experience the Thai Massage while you are in the capital city of Thailand.Even if you have got the Thai massage in your native country, the Thai massage would be something else in the traditional Thai manner. And the best part is, there are several places in Bangkok where you can get a traditional Thai massage and it would be an unforgettable experience as well. The Thai Massage said to have a very positive effect on your body as well as on your mind, so it’s one of the must-do a thing in Bangkok.As we have said there are numerous such Thai massage parlors scattered across the city so find the best one near your hotel.
5. Visit the Museum of SiamIf you want to know about the history of Thailand or Bangkok then you must visit the Museum of Siam in the city. I call this Museum an unconventional one, as instead of displaying the ancient artifacts and art, here the Museum gives you a more artistic representation of the history of Bangkok.The representation of history is more engaging and interactive that can make you feel like you are witnessing the older time and the entire history of the city.The interior and the building is quite impressive as well and you would love to experience here.
6. Visit the Chatuchak MarketThere are plenty of places to shop in Bangkok that are worth your time and attention and the Chatuchak Market are surely one of them. The place features over 8000 stalls, where you can buy lots of interesting stuff. It doesn’t matter if you like to shop or not or if you intent to shop but this place worth a visit.Here the market covers 27 acres of land which makes it one of the largest markets in the world. Although the market opens only on Saturday and Sunday which so it’s a perfect place to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon as you would be exploring the local shops where you can get some of the unbelievable stuff at a very reasonable price range as well.Since its one of the largest market, the place attacks over 20000 visitors a day, which make it pretty crowded. Guides and locals suggest that you should also buy a map so you won’t get lost while shopping and it might take hours to get an idea of where you are and where you should go next without a map.
7. Ride the Sky TrainThe sky train is an amazing tourist attraction in Bangkok that you should not miss out on. Although, the sky train is one of the most popular and convenient ways to travel across the city so you would have to take this train at least once in your trip.What makes this train different from the other local transport trains in our native countries is the view of the city as the trains run at a height and you would be able to see the city from a never-seen-before view. All the carriages are air-conditioned which makes it pretty convenient. The trains take very direct routes which make the time taken by the train is going to be less than the cab or any other transport in the city.
8. Visit Grand PalaceThe Grand Palace makes one of the most popular landmarks in the city and you will have to see it while you are in the city. The Palace was once home to the King who ruled the city in ancient times and after that, it becomes an office for government.The Palace covers 214,000 sq meters of land which means it’s going to be pretty huge and you might have to spend hours to fully explore the palace.It is advised that you beware of the scams near the palace and you should be only paying the entrance fee when you have to enter the palace.
9. Sathorn Unique TowerThe Sathorn Unique Tower in Bangkok is an interesting story behind its making and the reason why it never got completed. The tower is present at the heart of Bangkok for everyone to visit it and to some extend fancy it.The tower was started building before the financial crisis that hit the world a few years ago and it stopped when the whole world was fighting with the financial crisis. And till now the tower is said to be incomplete. But in the present day, visitors and citizens of Bangkok like to climb up to the tower and explore it. Reach the top of the 49 story building and gaze at the breathtaking view of the city from one of the tallest buildings in the city.You will have to pay the guards at the entrance of the tower and after that, you are free to roam in the building.
10. Explore the Thai Street FoodI am sure you have tried Thai food at least once in your life but have you ever tried the Street Thai food? If you haven’t then this is the perfect opportunity for the foody in yourself to explore the new taste in the streets of Bangkok.There are numerous stalls present in the streets selling pretty delicious food and you would certainly love the fact that the food comes at a very cheap price. If you are running low on cash then you can just survive with the street food alone. There are many local dishes you will find at the street stalls which will make you a fan of Thai street food.
11. Participate in the water fight during SongkranIf you are looking for something fun to do in Bangkok then the Water fight should be your first choice if you are visiting the city in April (the celebration starts from 13th to 15th of April).It is a Buddhist celebration where it is believed that you wash off your sins and bad luck with the sprinkling water. Although nowadays it is far from merely a tradition or just sprinkling water in one another. You will find people getting crazy and pouring water on each other at the first chance they get. So be childish here and have the fun in Bangkok!
12. Explore the Bangkok NightlifeFor some people, the only reason to come to Bangkok is to experience the nightlife!! And if that’s not why you came here, it would be worthy of your time if you go out and explore the well-known nightlife of Bangkok.You will find neon lights, bars opening here and there, lots of drinks and crazy parties going at every second pub or bars. The adult-themed Soi Cowboy and Patpong are the best tourist attractions in the city. You should also take the bar tour in Bangkok.
13. Go on Adventure at Safari WorldIf you are feeling adventurous then you might wanna go to the Safari World. This one is also one of the best things to do in Bangkok especially if you are with your family.You will find several amazing things here from wildlife from Africa to the animal shows which are pretty fascinating and adventurous.
14. Watch puppet showThe puppet shows are a pretty amazing thing to watch in Bangkok and it’s counted as one of the must-do things in Bangkok. It’s nothing like any other puppet show you have ever seen in your life and you would certainly find it interesting that it takes three people to control one puppet.The puppets tell the classic folk tales as well as the music shows with a live orchestra performance going on. Overall it’s fascinating and you would love it.
15. Go on a bicycle tourOne of the best offbeat things to do in Bangkok is to go on a bicycle tour and explore the other side of the city. You will go through narrow alleyways where you would find local markets, traditional settlements, the daily life of locals, and so many other things to do. Cycling is anyway fun and you should definitely do it to explore the other side of Bangkok.
Conclusion –So these are the best things that you can do in Bangkok, surprised? I guess you are as you might not have expected some of the above-mentioned things in Bangkok. But as we have said the city has so much to offer that you might have to extend your trip to explore every corner of the city.We just hope that you have enjoyed our article and found it helpful. So here our job of introducing you to the best things in Bangkok ends and now it’s your turn to go and do these things to have the best time in Bangkok!