Bali is one of the most visited islands of Indonesia and it would be on everyone’s bucket list as well. There are many reasons why Bali is popular among tourists, such as the amazing beaches, the intoxicating fragrance of clove oil and incense, many of its attractions, and so on. There are so many things to do in Bali and the island has something for everyone!
You might wanna have fun at the beach, play adventurous sports like surfing with the perfect wind and the perfect waves, gaze the serene views, and so many more and Bali would live up to your expectation as well.
Bali has places which are crowded and full of chaos and it also has the places which are little known by the tourists and still not the center of the attraction despite being beautiful and worthy of our time places. So Bali would please every kind of its tourist. From the beachside parties to exploring the island, there are many things that you can do here.
So here we have listed out some of the best things to do in Bali which will make the most of your time in Bali.
- 1 Things To Do In Bali
- 1.1 1. Try surfing at Kuta beach
- 1.2 2. Pura Tanah Lot
- 1.3 3. Tegallalang and Jatiluwih Rice Terraces in Bali
- 1.4 4. Bali Treetop Adventure Park
- 1.5 5. Seminyak Shopping
- 1.6 6. The Sidemen Valley
- 1.7 7. Ubud Art and Culture
- 1.8 8. Nusa Dua Beach
- 1.9 9. Sekumpul Waterfall
- 1.10 10. Waterbom Bali
- 1.11 11. Uluwatu Temple
- 1.12 12. Grab a bite at Bebek Bengil in Ubud
- 1.13 13. Visit the monkey forest
- 1.14 14. Try seafood in Sanur
Things To Do In Bali
1. Try surfing at Kuta beachOne of the best activities that you can do in Bali is surfing! Every year thousands of tourists come to Bali just to try out the best surfing.Kuta Beach is one of the most popular destinations for surfing and that too for the beginners. So if you have never tried surfing and want to try it now then you should visit Kuta Beach. Here the waves are gentle and the winds are also perfect which makes it a perfect place to try surfing if you are a beginner. Apart from this, the beach is free from the sharp reefs which furthermore makes it ideal for surfers.You can easily rent the equipment for surfing that is the board and also sign up for the lessons if you are new. And if you are not in the mood to surfing you can just sit back and enjoy the sunset with a beer!
2. Pura Tanah LotPura Tanah Lot is one of the most iconic and popular temples in Bali that you should be visiting. The temple is located about 20 km from the northwest of Kuta, so it won’t be too far away to catch a cab and pay your visit there.The spectacular location of the temple makes it one of a kind the temple is surrounded by the sea and crashing waves is all you can ask for the perfect view and an amazing experience. It’s one of the most sacred temples of Bali and people come here every day in huge numbers to seek blessing or to watch the scenic view and the amazing sunset behind the temple which looks pretty magical.The temple was built in the 16th century by the local fishermen who were inspired by a local priest. Many of the temples in Bali doesn’t allow the people to enter temples, still, they need to dress appropriately when passing by the temple.
3. Tegallalang and Jatiluwih Rice Terraces in BaliThe rice terraces in Bali are one of the major tourist destinations in Bali that you should explore. The rice terraces look too good with all the emerald colors and it also makes the best place for all the photogenic people who just see a perfect location to photograph.The Tegallalang rice terrace is located at a 30-minute distance from Ubud and you can easily make your way there by a car or local transport facilities. The farmers use a traditional irrigation system that dates back to the 9th century. Here you can also enjoy the food or drinks alongside the cafes and restaurants located near these terraces.Although you might be asked to pay for the entrance fee or parking fee and some locals also ask for donations as well.
4. Bali Treetop Adventure ParkIf you ever wanted to live in a jungle then this might be a time when your dream comes true. Although you won’t live in the jungle this is the closest experience you get. The Treetop Adventure Park in Bali is one of the most popular destinations for those who are seeking a place for adventure.You will find several rides in the park, which will give you an adrenaline rush, and the fact that you will be surrounded by the forest makes it an even more iconic experience. The place offers so many activities to do and to find out what you can do, all you have to do is to pay a visit.It’s one of a kind experience as till now you have only taken a ride in amusement parks but this time try it in the jungle! You can also take a breathtaking view of the forest from height via multiple means.
5. Seminyak ShoppingIt’s a little known fact that Bali is also famous for shopping. There are many talented designers and interesting local brands that will satisfy the shopper in you. The best place to shop in the streets of Seminyak, here you would find anything to buy, that is from home decors to the dresses.There are several boutiques where you can find the designer stuff and there are also two shopping malls where you can shop for everything. The prices are decent and you don’t have to empty your bank either.
6. The Sidemen ValleyThe Sidemen Valley too is a pretty popular place for tourists that you shouldn’t miss out on. This place is very popular among the visitors to Bali as this place gives a peek of old Bali. It takes a one and half hours from Ubud to reach the Sidemen Valley and due to the long-distance, many tourists skip this place as well, which makes it a calm and cozy place to wander around and explore the feel of Old Bali.You can experience the lifestyle of small villages and you can also see the rice paddies and the traditional ways of farming by the locals. Here people also like to hike from the countryside to Mount Agung to see the coffee and cocoa plantations.Other than this, visitors can also take part in the yoga retreat, cultural activities, and traditional weaving. Overall this place has to offer so much which will make your trip unforgettable.
7. Ubud Art and CultureUbud is known as the epicenter of art and culture in Bali and it would be a loss if you don’t visit the place. The place gave birth to the modern Balinese art movement. In the present day, there are several museums and art galleries present here which features the traditional art and the collection of traditional and ancient Balinese buildings as well as tropical gardens.Here you would also find some temples and the royal places surrounding the epicenter. There are also places where you can buy the Ubud art and artifacts and take them home with yourself. Here you might also like to visit the Ubud Art Market where you can find carvings, sculptures, jewelry, paintings, sarongs, homewares and so much more.At the royal places, located on the opposite side you would find the dance performances in the traditional Balinese style during the evening. You can also participate in the workshop here you can make the traditional artifacts and handicrafts yourself.
8. Nusa Dua BeachWe are back with the beaches of Bali as the place is all about them. The Nusa Dua beach is also one of the popular beaches that you would find calmness and an escape from the urban buzz of Bali. As the place is less popular among the visitors who like to party, it becomes a blessing for those who just want to spend a relaxing time at the beach and watch the sunset with a cold beer.The white sand of the background makes it even more beautiful and gentle waves make a pleasant sound. The place also features some of the most luxurious resorts in Bali where the staff makes sure the beach remains clean and hygienic. There is also a spa, an open-air shopping mall, and many other places to see.The bottom line is the place is a complete package and you will get to do so many thongs here that you can spend your entire weekend at the place.
9. Sekumpul WaterfallIf you wanna see Bali’s most beautiful waterfall then Sekumpul Waterfall should be first on your list of things to do in Bali. There is no single waterfall but it is a series of about seven waterfalls which fall from a jungle cliff that makes them even more beautiful.You can easily trek here and explore the surrounding of the waterfall which is equally mesmerizing. The tropical jungle and the Duran trees are pretty great to spend some time with nature. You can also take a bath at the base of the fall. It’s no less than a heaven for the nature lovers.
10. Waterbom BaliWaterbom Bali is one of the best places to have fun and experience the water adventure. This waterpark is full of action-packed rides that won’t fail to impress you. This place is ideal for people with family or kids as there are several rides for every age group and you can easily find one for yourself and other family members of yours.One of the other popular things in the waterpark is the spas where you can go for the manicure and pedicure with the fish spa therapy. There are several restaurants and cafes which offer the food for various diets so that you don’t have to cheat on your diet!
11. Uluwatu TempleWith a clifftop setting, the Uluwatu Temple has become one of the most popular temples in Bali. This place too is popular to visit at the sunset. The temple dates back to the 10th century, which makes it one of the oldest temples in Bali. There is a mythological belief that the temple was built to save the sea from the evil.This temple is only open for the Hindu worshippers, other people can go there for the mesmerizing view of the sunset. There is also a sunset Kecak dance performances that attract visitors. It’s located 25 kilometers from Kuta.
12. Grab a bite at Bebek Bengil in UbudIf you are looking for the best place to eat in Bali then Bebek Bengil should be your first choice. Here you would get the best duck in the world and they cook the duck in a variety of styles and they come in different dishes as well. The local spices and the traditional recipes are used to make the duck which is worth trying.
13. Visit the monkey forestMonkey forests are also very popular in Bali and it’s worth visiting the monkey (if you are not too afraid of them). It’s located near the Hindu temple complex and there are about 500 monkeys. This place dates back to the 14th century and here you would certainly find something fascinating about the money as well as the history of Bali. You can buy the banana and feed the monkeys, but make sure you hide the accessories or anything valuable that you in your hand as the monkeys might steal them from you.
14. Try seafood in SanurIt’s also a place where you can go to escape the crowd and chaos and of course to taste the best seafood. The place is located on the shoreline and you can find several shops that sell the best seafood. Here again, you will taste the seafood made with the local spices and the traditional Balinese recipes, the smoky and savory flavor is very delicious and you can enjoy it with the popular chili sauce.
So these are the things that you can do in Bali. Every place or thing that we have listed in our article is worth doing or visiting so make sure that you don’t miss out on anything. Everything here comes at another reasonable price, which is another reason why people prefer going to Bali for a fun holiday.
Here our job of introducing the best things to do in Bali is done and now it’s up to you that you go there and have the best time in Bali!
We hope that you found the article helpful and you got what you have been looking for. So thank you for being with us and have a great trip to Bali!