Our phones are full of hundreds or even thousands of photos, after all, all of us have phones with great camera quality. Although the trend of taking photos from the actual camera has decreased significantly, people still love to have physical photos. This can be a problem, as taking photos from our phone and wanting the physical photos doesn’t go hand in hand. You might have to go through a complicated process and print the photos via a printer. But technology has yet again saved us with the invention of portable photo printers and we all can have our favorite photos in our phone framed up or even gift someone.
There are numerous portable photo printers available on the market to buy, so you won’t have to worry about the choices and options. Although it would be hard to find a good enough portable photo printer as not all of them are right for you. This is where you would need our help in choosing the top portable photo printer, and we are not going to disappoint you either.
In this article, we have selected the top portable photo printer that you can invest in, so go ahead and take a look at these.
- 1 Best Portable Photo Printers
- 1.1 1. Canon Selphy Square QX10
- 1.2 2. Kodak P300R Mini 3 Retro
- 1.3 3. Fujifilm Instax Mini Link
- 1.4 4. LifePrint 2×3 HyperPhoto Printer
- 1.5 5. Polaroid Hi-Print
- 1.6 6. HP Sprocket Select Instant Photo Printer
- 1.7 7. Harry Potter Magic Photo and Video Printer
- 1.8 8. Canon IVY Mini Photo Printer
- 1.9 9. Kodak Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer
- 1.10 10. LifePrint Instant Printer for Phones
- 1.11 11. Fujifilm Instax Mini LiPlay
- 1.12 Things to Look For in Portable Photo Printer:
- 1.13 Conclusion
Best Portable Photo Printers
Canon is a leading camera brand and they have also manufactured the top portable photo printer as well. This one is highly recommended and one of the top-rated portable photo printers as we all know the quality and brand value of Canon, so you can’t go wrong with that. It may not be the smallest or the lightest portable photo printer but it is still compact enough to fit into your pocket and light enough to carry around with you. It weighs just under the pound and measures 5.5×4×1.4 inches in size. It is also one of the most durable portable photo printers and the nice matte finish hides all the scratches as well.It prints photos in 3×3 print format and the image quality is crisp, clear, and of high resolution. This would produce a photo with a little sticky backing which means you would be able to stick the photos somewhere. Although you can also choose to print the photos without the sticky backing. It also has its app via which you can edit or put filters on the photos and get fun photos as well.This one would be connected to your phone via Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi won’t disconnect even if you leave the house, this means it can still be used on the go. Lastly, you would be required to load both paper and ink separately on the go and this makes it an ideal choice for a portable photo printer to invest in.
Kodak too is a leading brand that is known to produce quality cameras and other related stuff. So when it comes to finding the top portable photo printer, the Kodak P300R is ranked as one of the best and also one of the easiest portable photo printers to use. It can be easily paired with its companion app where you can easily make changes, edit, and put on filters to the photos before you print them. It would be easy to print multiple copies of the photos within a short span.One of the things that we liked the most was how amazing the quality was as they have handled the color quality quite well. Here, you would consider this one if you are all for the quality image and easy-to-use methods. Although some of the customers have said that they faced some issues with the loading and cartridges of the printer.You should keep in mind that the app must remain open through all the processes or you will have to do the process all over again which can be a bit frustrating. Overall, this is quite impressive given its functionality and simplicity. So you can look up to it and see if that’s something you want to put your money on.
Fujifilm is another one of the leading camera brands that have managed to give us one of the best portable photo printers to print photos on the go. Just like its name suggests, you would instantly get the printed photos with it and it won’t disappoint you either. One of the best parts about this portable photo printer is that it gives you total control over the photos and you can easily customize your photos with captions, filters, stickers, and more and print an amazing photo to keep with yourself forever.This one can feel like a Polaroid camera as you can attach it to your phone and get the photo instantly. Just shake the photo and blow on it and see the image come to life. Each photo would take up to 5 minutes to get to life, although the time would be taken after the printing and you can totally print other photos while you wait, so a number of photos would be produced in a short span of time.Overall, it’s a fun portable photo printer that would certainly impress you with its functionality and features. So go ahead and buy it right away.
LifePrint 2×3 HyperPhoto Printer has also made it to our list and you would certainly appreciate this one too. This one has been called as one of the top portable photo printers and the customers were quite happy with its results which explains its high ratings and lots of positive reviews.One of the best parts about this portable photo printer is that it is one of the smallest and lightweight portable printers as it only weighs 7 ounces so you can easily carry it around with you anywhere. It uses Zink Technology which means zero ink is necessary to print the photos, so all you need to carry is the paper which makes things so much easier for some of us.Moving on, it does come with a lot of customization options for its customers which makes it an ideal choice. Some customers have found the images lack high quality and crisp details which may or may not be a concern for you. Overall, it is faster and easy to use and carry, so it can be a good option to invest in.
Polaroid HI-Print is one of the most well-rounded portable photo printers on our list and you would like it as well. It comes with great features and a good image quality which makes it a desirable option for everyone. The dimension of this portable photo printer is the same as any of the smartphones we use today and it is lightweight too. This portable photo printer is connected to your phone via Bluetooth which is an easy and reliable connection.It prints the 2×3 photo format which is pretty easy and simple given the installation of ink and paper isn’t very complicated. It also has its companion app where you can find the instructions and guide to use it well. You will get plenty of basic tools and editing features so you would be good to go.The photos would be printed in a short time so you don’t have to wait forever. The simple and fun design of the portable photo printer is another one of the best parts. Here, you would certainly appreciate it as it got high ratings and great reviews by the customers which makes it an ideal portable photo printer to invest in.
HP is already known as a leading name when it comes to any kind of printer, so it’s only expected to see HP in our list of best portable photo printers. It features Bluetooth connectivity and the printing technology is Zink, so it’s quite fast and reliable.You will get bigger pictures than the standard 2×3 size and you would certainly get a nice image quality as well. The companion app works fine and gives you a huge number of customizable options. It’s easy to use and gives you great value for money as it’s affordable, so go ahead and check it out.
If you are a Harry Potter Fan then you would certainly like this portable photo printer and it should be your first choice too. It comes with a logo of Hogwarts which looks super cool and amazing and will catch any Potterhead’s attention as well.Other than being a Harry Potter-related photo printer, it features Bluetooth connectivity and Zink printing technology, so it’s pretty easy to use on the go. The best part would be the photo customizable options where you can add lots of filters and add your photos (yes the Harry Potter-related filters are present too). Overall, this one is certainly a great portable photo printer if you are a Harry Potter Fan, although even if you are not you would find it quite impressive.
We have yet another top portable photo printer from Canon. Not only is it a leading portable photo printer but it is also an affordable option of great quality.This one also features Bluetooth connectivity and Zink technology so you would be good to go. It prints the 2×3 format photos and that too with sticky ends so you would certainly like it as you can stick the photos anywhere you like.Another best part of this photo printer is that it is super small and lightweight which makes it highly portable. Although you may find the lack of extra features, given the quality and brand value you will get a good deal.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly portable photo printer then you would certainly find the Kodak Step Wireless Mobile Photos Mini Printer as a great choice. It comes with Bluetooth connectivity and Zink Technology so it’s pretty easy to use and maintain. The photo format is 2×3 which is a standard size.The app does a great job too and you will find it easy to use. Although it lacks too many extra features and the prints can be slow too, but given the price, it’s well worth it.
LifePrint Instant Printer for Phones has also made it to our list with its high ratings and great reviews, and of course, the feature-packed performance and high quality. This one is also an affordable option as you will get it for under 100 dollars.The Bluetooth connectivity and Zink printing technology also make a great option. Overall, it’s a decent portable photo printer to invest in.
The Mini LiPlay model from Fujifilm also makes a great option for portable photo printers. This one is not just a portable photo printer but it is also a digital camera too, so if you are in need of both then you certainly like this one. It’s a little expensive but given the features and camera quality, it is worth your money.
Things to Look For in Portable Photo Printer:To get the best portable photo printer you need to look at some of the features that make it best. If you are a beginner you would certainly want to know what are the things that you will need to consider while buying the best portable photo printer. Look at the following factors and things to consider while buying a portable photo printer for yourself.
1. Print MethodsOne of the first things that you would need to consider would be the print methods, as for some people that can make a difference. There are three major types of print methods. The first one is dye sublimation, where the heat is used to transfer the ink from sheets to photo paper. It would take time as the sheet would go through the printer four times.The second one is Zink technology where the paper would be embedded with crystals and then the heat would be applied.Now finally there is a polarized technique where the fluid is stored at the corner of the photos and the developer photo fluid saturates the photo and begins to produce an image.
2. Photo FormatNormally the protease photo printer prints on a single size of photos. Now different photo printers may produce different photo formats such as 3×3, 2.7×2.7, and 2×3 inch prints. You can look if there are multiple print settings available or not and if there are other options to print different sizes or formats of photos. You might need to crop the photos or resize them before printing them according to what the printer can print.
3. PortabilitySince you are looking for the best portable photo printer it’s only logical to look after the portability. If you need to travel with a portable photo printer then you might want to look for a printer that is handy and compact. Look for its weight too, as it can impact the portability if it’s heavy. Overall, you would want to spend on a compact and lightweight photo printer.
4. Image QualityThere is no point in buying a portable photo printer if it can produce a good enough image quality, after all, you won’t want to look at blurry images, these won’t be good. So make sure you look at the image quality of the portable printer and get a good value for your money as well.
5. Battery LifeBattery life is also something that you would need to consider before buying a portable photo printer. Although there is no photo printer with exceptional battery life, still you would want to get the best you can have. Most of the time the battery life is measured by the photos it can print with one cycle of battery. The number of photos that can be printed before the printer needs to be recharged again would vary from one to another.So make sure you look at that and consider the battery life. You would have to travel with its adapter or power bank to recharge it from time to time.
6. Other FeaturesSome of the other features make a huge difference too, some of the features include editing or adding filters to the photos before you can upload them. These would be fun and make your photos more memorable as well. Some of the printers would let you print automatically and can even be attached to your phone.
7. Price and Customer ReviewsYou also would like to consider the price and customer reviews for the portable photo printer you are going to buy.You will find different price tags for different portable photo printers, so you will need to look after the price that you can afford. Although don’t go for a cheaper option and compromise with the quality and features, that won’t be worth it. Make sure you compare the photo printer with your contemporaries so you can get the best deal.Lastly, you should also check out the customer reviews for the portable photo printer so that you would know if it’s going to live up to its quality and expectations. This would also help you understand if you will get a good value for money or not. Overall, you would be able to make a well-informed decision with the portable photo printers.
ConclusionSo these are some of the top portable photo printers that you can invest in. We have selected the portable photo printers given their features and high-end quality, we have also considered the ratings and reviews given to the portable photo printers. So you would be good to go with any of the aforementioned portable photo printers, make sure you choose the one that suits your requirements, needs, and also fits your budget.That would be all for now and we hope you liked our article and found it helpful. Thank you.