If you live in a colder climate then you have to adapt to that environment and make your home warm and full of cozy things so that you don’t get cold often. One of the things which are very important during winters would be the blankets. Even if your house is warm with the heating radiators, you would still want to snuggle up in the warm blanket and get cozy and comfortable.
Since it has come to buying blankets, we would suggest that you try out the electric blankets. Yes, electric blankets have become a thing and also got pretty popular in recent years as well. Now everyone is thinking about getting an electric blanket so that they can keep themselves extra comfortable and warm during the colder days or when they are sick.
Some of the reasons why people are getting heating blankets are that they are looking to cut down their electric bills by not installing a full-fledged heating system in their houses or they are just looking for a blanket that is better than their regular blanket and keeps them warm.
Some of you may be concerned about this term and device and maybe finding more answers as well, so before moving forward we are going to answer some of the most asked questions about electric blankets.
What are Heating Blankets and How Do They Work?
The heating blankets featured an integrated heating system containing wires and coils and the whole blanket would be covered with heat resistant material like polyester or acrylic. These blankets come in various types, designs, and sizes, so you can easily choose your ideal match.
You will have to plug the cord in the power socket and the electric blanket will heat up for you.
Are Electric Blankets Safe?
While using any electric appliance, we think of this question and this is about sleeping in an electric device, so it’s natural that people would be concerned about safety. Although there is some risk associated with it, you will get heat-resistant material on the blanket so it would be peaceful enough to sleep in. Apart from this, there are a few safety features that make sure the user remains safe all the time.
Do Electric Blankets Raise Electricity Bill?
When it comes to the electricity bill caused by an electric blanket, it would be more of a money-saving investment if there is no other heating device running in your entire house. It won’t cost too much and it would be much cheaper than a heating appliance.
Now that you know enough about electric blankets, you might wanna buy one as well. The thing is there are too many choices and not all of them are worthy of your money which is why you are here.
We have selected the top 11 electric blankets that you can find right now and invest in without any hesitation or insecurity. Go ahead and take a look at the following and see which you like the most.
- 1 What are Heating Blankets and How Do They Work?
- 2 Are Electric Blankets Safe?
- 3 Do Electric Blankets Raise Electricity Bill?
- 4 Best Electric Blankets
- 4.1 1. Sunbeam Heated Blanket
- 4.2 2. Sunbeam Heated Fleece Throw Blanket
- 4.3 3. True North by Sleep Philosophy Ultra Soft Heated Blanket
- 4.4 4. Soft Heat Blanket by Perfect Fit
- 4.5 5. POP Design Portable USB Heated Throw Blanket
- 4.6 6. Degrees of Comfort Advanced Dual Control Electric Blanket
- 4.7 7. Beautyrest Foot Pocket Electric Blanket
- 4.8 8. Pure Enrichment WeightedWarmth Throw Blanket
- 4.9 9. Zircon CosyQuilt Electric Blanket Heated Throw with Foot Pocket
- 4.10 10. Cozee Battery Operated Cordless Heated Blanket
- 4.11 11. Sunbeam Reversible Heat Throw Blanket
- 4.12 Buying Guide for Electric Blanket
- 4.13 Conclusion
Best Electric Blankets
Sunbeam is a popular brand and they have always made sure that we end up with a good quality product at a reasonable price, and its heated blanket is no exception which is why it is named as one of the topmost electric blankets on Amazon. Consumers have found it pretty impressive and worthy of money which is why they have given it high ratings and lots of good reviews as well.This electric blanket is a soft and cozy micro plush electric blanket. This one comes with 10 heat settings and you can control it via a remote. This makes it pretty easy to control and use. For safety features, it does have an auto shut-off feature which will stop heating the blanket after 10 hours. So you can sleep peacefully all night long. It uses theThermoFine technology which ensures even heat distribution and maintains desired heat level by auto-adjusting. Not only this, but you will also get preheat settings so you can make your blanket warm before you go to bed.Lastly, you will get a good deal as it comes at an affordable price so you would love to buy it.
We have yet another electric blanket from Sunbeam and you are going to love this one too. This one is quite an affordable electric blanket so even if you are low on budget you would love this one. The blanket is made up of polyester which is comfortable and feels soft against the skin. You will get only one size which is 50×60 inches, the size is ideal for one person for bed use or you can use it as a throw blanket while you are getting cozy on the couch.This blanket comes with a 3-hour auto shut-off, which is reasonable given the price and you will get peace of mind without having to worry about it overheating. There are three temperature settings included which you can set as per your needs and comfort level. This one also features Thermofine technology which ensures an even distribution of heat and keeps it consistent as well. It’s also machine washable so you won’t have to worry about the high maintenance.Overall, the best part is that this blanket is backed up with a five-year warranty so you would be good to go. It comes in solid color and weighs around 3.7 pounds as well.
The True North Ultra is another one of the leading electric blankets that you want to know about. This one is also a top-rated electric blanket all thanks to its amazing features and quality. You would find it pretty comforting as it is made up of polyester which is a soft and highly heat resistant material. The size of the blanket is a little bigger at 62×84 inches so you will have enough room to make yourself cozy and warm as you snuggle up in this electric blanket. Although multiple sizes are available for this blanket so you can choose any one of them that suits your needs.The blanket comes with two controllers and preheats settings too, apart from this you get 20 heat settings which are pretty impressive for anyone. The heat would be evenly distributed and you get equal warmth in every corner of the blanket. The 6 feet power cord and 12 feet 6 inches controller cord make things easier too. Here, this one is also naked up with 5 years of warranty. It is a bit expensive than other options on the list but you would certainly find it reasonable given the quality of this electric blanket.
Soft Heat Blanket by Perfect Fit is another one of the top-rated electric blankets that you would want to invest in. Here, this blanket comes with lots of amazing features and will give you the best value for money as well.This blanket is ideal for a couple or two people sharing the blanket. Because it will be divided into two zones and there are two controls as well. It features a great quality as it is pretty soft and feels great as well. This blanket will give you a personalized experience so you would be able to get the heat you find desirable without having two different blankets. It is made up of high-quality micro plush fabric with a decorative triple ribbon design.The size of the blanket is 84″×90″ and it comes with 10 heat settings as well. You will be able to wash this blanket in the machine and also dry it as it won’t shrink or stretch. There is an auto shut-off feature included in the blanket so you would be good to go when it comes to safety. The warranty is for five years and you will get five color options to choose from.
If you are looking for a cordless battery-operated electric blanket then you would certainly like this POP Design Portable USB Heated Throw Blanket. This one is easy to use and the best part is its portability. So you won’t need a power outlet to operate it, it just has to be charged to get used or plugged in a power bank.Since it’s portable you would find it a nut smaller than other options but that is also an advantage as it makes it easier to travel with. It is made up of polyester which feels very soft and is easy to clean as well. It also comes with a small pillow which would also heat the neck area. It provides 100% customer satisfaction and you will also like the 2-year warranty. Lastly, it comes at an affordable price so it’s a great electric blanket under budget.
We have another dual control electric blanket and this one is by Degrees of Comfort. It comes in standard size and is made up of polyester.There is dual control so you would be able to set two different temperature settings if you are sharing the blanket with someone. There are 20 heat settings present so you would be good to hear. The best part is its adjustable auto shut off as you can choose a time according to your convenience from one to ten hours. This blanket also comes with 5 years of warranty.
Beautyrest Foot Pocket is another one of the leading electric blankets that you would find worthy of your money and also affordable. This is a throw blanket which means it’s a bit smaller in size but is ideal for one person and especially to be used on the couch.This one is ideal for anyone who gets cold feet more than others, as this one comes with pockets to keep your feet warm and cozy. This one features a 2 hour shut off which is ideal for watching movies or a nap. Although it is not designed for sleeping.
If you are looking for an electric blanket that is a little heavy like a gravity blanket then you would certainly appreciate this one. Here, you will get a number of amazing features such as the 13 lbs weight which feels pretty amazing on our body and makes us feel faster, and keeps us warm and comfortable too.This one is made from micro mink and sherpa and it comes with a five-year warranty too. You will also like the auto shut-off feature in this blanket. There is a 2-hour timer and easy-to-use controls too. Although it’s not machine washable.
This one is a quilt-like electric blanket that is large and features a comfortable weight too. This throw electric blanket features a foot pocket to keep your foot warm and comfortable. Here, you will have a two-hour built-in auto shut-off and 3 heat settings. It’s machine washable and also very affordable too.
We have another cordless and battery-operated blanket on our list and this one is from Cozee. It is a premium electric blanket which is a bit expensive but you will like it for its rechargeable battery which makes it ideal for outdoor activities. The weather-resistant lining makes it a durable option as well. Overall, you might like it.
We have another best electric blanket from Sunbeam and this time the blanket is reversible as it can be used from either side. This throw blanket is very cozy and comfortable. It featured a 3-hour auto shut-off and also three heat settings so you would be good to go.
Buying Guide for Electric BlanketThere are many things that you will need to consider while buying an electric blanket so that you can pick the right one. If you are buying an electric blanket for the first time you might not know what to look for or what to consider. This is why we are here with a list of features to consider while buying an electric blanket.Do take a look at the following features while buying an electric blanket for yourself.
1. MaterialOne of the first things that you would need to look for in an electric blanket would be the material. The material would be anyway a priority in a regular blanket, but they are much more important when we are talking about the electric blankets.Even if your blanket is warm, you won’t enjoy it if it’s not very comfortable and is stretchy. This is why you need to look for a material that is both comfortable and durable. There are many electric blankets available in the market which are fuzzy and cozy and would last for a long time too.Apart from comfort and warmth, you might also wanna look for its washability status, so that you would know whether or not it is machine washable.
2. SizeSize is also a crucial factor to consider as you don’t want the blanket to be too short or too long. If it’s too short you will get the cold air inside and it won’t be as warm as it should be. On the other hand, if the blanket is too long you might feel discomfort too. Overall, you can look for a blanket that comes in the ideal size you want. There are electric blankets that are exactly the size of your regular blanket so you can throw them on the bed or take them to the couch as well. You will also find blankets that are the size of a king-size bed, so you can easily choose the one you are most comfortable with.
3. Dial StyleThere are a few electric blankets that would come with a dialer that would let you choose a perfect temperature for yourself. It would be perfect for anyone who wants a perfect temperature and needs to change the temperature according to the climate or room temperature. It would be more effective and easy to use as well. Make sure you check whether it features a dial for temperature control or it works at one temperature.
4. Care and MaintenanceAnother one of the things that you need to look for would be the care and maintenance of the electric blanket. If you are buying for the first time you need to know how you need to store it or use it so that you don’t accidentally mess up with it and make sure to keep it warm and cozy for a long time.You can check the electric cord, connectors, wires, etc regularly so that you enhance its life cycle. Overall, it would be better if you know how to take care of the blanket before you buy it as you would know whether you can keep it maintained or not.
5. Plug LocationOne of the things that you need to take care of while buying an electric blanket would be to choose the plug location. See the wire is going to be plugged somewhere, and it would be nice if it is in a comfortable position because if it is placed somewhere uncomfortable then you won’t be able to use the blanket easily and it would cause a lot of discomfort to you. So make sure you check the plug location, usually, it’s on the bottom side or sometimes in the middle.
6. Wire LengthThe wire length can also make a huge difference so you might wanna consider that too. It shouldn’t be too small, which is a common cause, as you will have to buy an extension wire or you will struggle to plug in the wire. Too long of a wire length can also become a problem, so figure out the appropriate length of the wire according to the room setting.
7. Heat SettingsHeat Settings are also a crucial factor to consider when it comes to electric blankets. It just shows how many heat settings you will get or how easily you can set the temperature as well. Some blankets come with two settings while others will offer 5, you need to choose for yourself. In our opinion, more heat settings would be better, as you can use them in more seasons.
8. Timer/ Auto Shut OffThe timer or auto shut off is a must-have in the electric blankets as they will decide the safety of the electric blanket. What this means is that the blanket would stop heating after a limited time to avoid any accident or hazard. So make sure you choose an electric blanket with auto shut off.
9. UL CertificateUL Certificate is something you can avoid, and it is undoubtedly the most crucial feature of an electric blanket. The UL certificate stands for Underwriter Laboratories which is an independent testing organization. So if the blanket has a UL Certificate this means it’s tested and approved which indicates that it’s safe and ideal to use.
10. Customer ReviewsEven though the customer reviews are important for any kind of product you buy online or offline so that you can know the opinions of the customers who have previously bought the product, when it comes to something as dedicated and vulnerable as an electric blanket, you don’t want to take the customer reviews for granted.By scrolling through the customer reviews, you will know what the people who are crinkly using the electric blanket have to say about it. This will help you to make an informed decision so make sure you check the reviews before buying the electric blanket so you would know whether or not the product will be worth your money.Almost all the top electric blankets that we have listed here feature positive customer reviews and high ratings.
11. PriceLast but not least, you would want to know the price and the value for money for the electric blanket so you don’t end up wasting your money. Make sure the blanket is giving you the appropriate features compared to the price, and you can also set a budget to prevent yourself from overspending as well.
ConclusionSo these are some of the topmost electric blankets that you would want to know about. You can easily find them on Amazon and they have received amazing reviews too, given their features and overall performance. You would also like the fact that we have mentioned the best budget electric blankets in our list, so you can easily find your ideal blanket as well.If you want to save up some money with the heating systems and heaters, then spending on an electric blanket would be a good idea. Anyway, having a warm and cozy blanket by your side is always a good idea, whether you are at home or outside.That would be all and we hope you liked and found our article helpful enough.