Anger is one of the most common emotions that we feel in our day-to-day life. Even the most sorted person can feel angry from time to time and this makes it fine to get angry sometimes. Although getting angry and doing harm to yourself and others, in any way, is not acceptable. This is why if you get angry frequently you might want to take a moment and think about dealing with it. But how?
There are plenty of ways you can deal with your anger, some you might already know while others are pretty new.
We can never prevent the anger because we are going to feel the rage and irrational anger toward something or someone triggering. The only thing that can control anger is what we do with it or how we react when we are angry.
The fact that you were here seeking some answers means that you are trying to be better and help yourself with your anger issues.
Here, we have listed down the best ways to deal with anger so go ahead and take a look at the following ways to deal with anger and see what can help you the most.
How To Deal With Anger
1. Take a WalkTaking a walk and removing yourself from the situation for a while is the best way to deal with anger. Exercise tends to help you a lot when it comes to dealing with extreme emotions and of course anger too. Even if you can’t do the exercise, you can certainly go for a walk because even a little moment can calm your nerves down and distract you for a while. Not just walking, you can ride a bike, play a game, or do anything that involves a little moment.You will certainly feel better after a walk and it will give you some time to think about your anger issues and how you can handle them as well.
2. CountdownIf you can’t take a walk and go away from the person or situation that is making you angry, you should then count. This is one of the most recommended ways to deal with anger, especially in a short period. This will again buy you some time before you make a move with your anger and react horribly to the situation which you are going to regret later. Even counting to 10 can help you reduce the anger and your heart rate will also decrease and calm you down.
3. Take a breatherBreaking exercises are also one of the best ways to tackle several extreme emotions where you can’t help yourself or distract yourself with anything else. So if you feel your anger is raging and your blood has started to boil out of anger try breathing at that moment.Just like the above two solutions, this one too will help you calm down and understand the situation that is making you angry.
4. Think before you speakOne of the ways you can worsen the situation while having an argument or fight is not thinking before speaking. This is something anger can cause as you don’t think about what you are going to say or do, and this makes things worse. So if you are in a fight or having a big argument with someone close at least, make sure you think before you speak and take your time forming a speech.This will help you not to make things even worse and help you communicate better.
5. Communicate and show your concernOnce you have calmed yourself down by any means, you would now have to deal with the anger by facing it. You have to understand what is making you angry and how you can help yourself. You would need to show your concern and communicate to anyone that is making you angry.Talking your anger out will resolve many things and it might help the other person to see their faults and fix things. So communication should be the key to resolving your anger with people that you care about.
6. Don’t hold a grudgeOnce you have expressed your feelings and talked about your anger to the other person, the only thing left would be to forgive the other person or ask for forgiveness if it was you who started the whole thing.There are plenty of people who hold grudges and don’t let things go. This only makes things worse and you won’t be able to get rid of the anger that has built up inside you. So the best thing would be to let go of the grudge and move forward. It might be hard to do, but if you can understand how to let go of grudges then you would be free of the rage that might come up from time to time.
7. Identify possible solutionsWhen we are angry we focus solely on what is making us mad instead of finding the solutions. This is why you should try to find some solutions to the issue that is making you angry.This is the most obvious way to deal with your anger. And once you have developed a habit of looking for solutions instead of focusing on your anger, you would be able to handle your anger way better than you do now.This also includes the fact that some things will be out of your control, so you just have to give a little time to yourself and understand that you can’t do anything about it and it may not deserve your emotions or your time, so it would be better to accept rather than stay mad at the situation.
8. Do a house choreSome people find it quite easy to deal with anger when they are doing house chores. Washing dishes or cleaning also calms us down and helps us to distract from our anger. This will also help you to give a little time to think about the stuff that is making you angry.So doing something can also help you deal with your anger.
9. Practice yoga or other exercises dailyOne of the things that can help you deal with your anger or everyday stress is to practice yoga or do exercise every day. As we have mentioned earlier, physical activity helps our emotional state a lot and improves our mental health too.Yoga has proven to be the best way to calm our minds and soul, and it also provides a lot of positive energy. Meditation is another way to help yourself deal with anger issues. So including meditation, yoga, or any form of exercise can help you a lot in dealing with anger issues.
10. Seek professional helpIf you feel like things are getting out of hand and you are unable to control your anger on your own no matter how much you try, then you should most certainly reach out to professionals and seek some help from them.Anger, even though it seems like a straightforward emotion, can be a lot more complicated than we realize. A therapist may help you deal with your anger in the best possible way and unfold the reasons why you get angry more than others. So at last, make sure you try out some professional help.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best ways to deal with anger according to the experts. There are plenty of people here that do go through anger daily, but with a little patience and the right action or reaction, you would be able to help yourself.We have listed these ways to deal with the regular anger that one feels occasionally or regularly. If you have bigger problems with your anger then you might want to seek professional help.That would be all for now, and we hope you get everything you have been looking for. Thank you.