Portable Air Compressors can be a lot of help and that is why almost everyone has a portable air compressor in their toolbox. Some might use them in DIY Projects others might use them to pump up tires with switches. Although there are a few portable air compressor that is designed for a specific kind of job, mostly they can be easily used with pneumatic tools such as a nail gun or spray gun for painting. Furthermore, it would be smart to keep a portable air compressor with yourself to help you out with low-pressure tires of your car, bicycle ATV, etc.
The portable air compressors come in many shapes, sizes, and types. So it won’t be that hard of a task to choose one of them which you find ideal. The gas compressor comes in two major types that are gas and electric. You can go for either of them by weighing their pros and cons for you and for the job you want to use them for.
To help you out with finding the best air compressor we have happened to have a list of the best air compressor so that you can easily find one for yourself. We have also shared a list of things that you need to consider while choosing the best portable air compressor do yourself in our buying guide at the end of the article.
So go ahead and take a look at the following list of best portable air compressor and choose one for yourself as well.
- 1 Best Portable Air Compressors
- 1.1 1. EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor
- 1.2 2. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
- 1.3 3. VacLife Air Compressor Tire Inflator
- 1.4 4. RIDGID 6-Gallons Pancake Air Compressor
- 1.5 5. Fortem Digital Tire Inflator for Car
- 1.6 6. AstroAl Portable Air Compressor
- 1.7 7. Autlead C2 12V DC Portable Air Compressor
- 1.8 8. STANLEY J5C09 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter
- 1.9 9. Avid Power Tire Inflator Air Compressor
- 1.10 10. Teromas Tire Inflator Air Compressor
- 1.11 11. Breeze Air Compressor
- 1.12 12. DeWalt 27 Gal. Portable Verticle Electric Air Compressor
- 1.13 13. Helteko Portable Air Compressor
- 1.14 14. Hausbell Portable Air Compressor for Car Tires
- 1.15 15. Kensun Portable Air Compressor
- 1.16 Buying Guide for Best Portable Air Compressor
- 1.17 Conclusion
Best Portable Air Compressors
The first pick for our list of best portable air compressor is EPAuto and this one would surely impress you as well. EPAuto is not an uncommon brand and you can easily find other products from this brand as well. But this time we are reviewing its portable air compressor and why you should invest in this.It’s one of the most powerful portable air compressor that you can find. This one uses up to 180 watts of power and it can be easily connected to your car’s battery via a 12v socket. The maximum pressure of the portable air compressor is 70 PSI and it can be easily used along with some heavy-duty gadgets and applications.It also features a digital meter on the side for precise pressure reading. To make it ideal for night usage, it also comes with built-in LED lights. The control panel is also pretty useful as you can easily set the settings for pressure and airflow as per your requirements.Key Features
- Maximum air pressure is 70 PSI
- Power draw is 180 watts
- Features LED lights and a digital meter for precise reading
- It is ideal for heavy-duty applications
Next on our list is Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 Air compressor. This one too would impress you with its heavy-duty design and powerful performance. It features 4.2 gallons of air tank and it would be enough for small tasks and applications. Users find the 130 PSI of maximum air pressure appealing and somewhat powerful. The airflow is 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI.It features two hosen, and this would help you to run two different types of tools at the same time. However, the users would have to keep an eye on their level of the compressor as it’s not oil-free. Overall the compressor would last longer and that too at a cooler temperature.Key Features
- Maximum pressure is 130 PSI and airflow is 4.2 CFM
- The 4.2 gallons air tank should be enough for small applications
- Runs at a cooler temperature
- Provides value for money
VacLife Air Compressor is another one of the leading portable air compressors that you need to know about. The VacLife is already a popular brand and you might have seen other accessories as well. One of the most amazing features of this portable air compressor is that it comes with a lifetime warranty while you may only find one or two years of warranty with another portable air compressor.The maximum air pressure is 150 PSI and it draws 120 watts of power. For safety features, it would automatically shut off when the temperature reaches a specific temperature and air pressure. Its 13 feet long power cord makes it helpful to work easily.Key Features
- Features 150 PSI of maximum pressure
- The 120 watts of power draw is quite reasonable
- It features a lifetime warranty as well
- It is reliable with powerful performance
If you are looking for an affordable option for the best portable air compressor with a good number of features. This one is considered as a pancake air compressor and it can come in handy. It features a 6 gallons tank that would be pretty useful. The maximum pressure is 150 PSI. The air delivery is 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI.The portable air compressor can come in handy for home and light-duty work which doesn’t require that much power. Users have found this portable air portable compressor user-friendly and easy to handle. It features a three-year warranty as well.Key Features
- Features 150 PSI and airflow of 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI
- It is easy to use and feature-packed.
- Comes with 3 years of warranty
- Very affordable and features value for the price
Our next choice for the best portable air compressor is Fortem Digital! The brand has been around us for a while now and it certainly has impressed us with its powerful performance and features. The portable air compressor features a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. It can be operated by a 12v power socket and it draws power up to 120 watts.It features an auto pump and auto shut off featured for the safety of the product. This one also comes with accessories such as a nozzle and a carrying bag along with it which makes it even more desirable and easy to handle.Key Features
- Features a maximum pressure of 150 PSI
- Works via a 12v power socket and draws up to 120 watts of power
- Comes with accessories as well
- Features one year of warranty
AstroAl Portable Air Compressor is another one of the leading portable air compressors that you need to know about. This one features a compact design that would be easy to handle around and use. The air compressor is ideal for small tasks as well as quick tasks. As you can guess by its name, the air compressor is ideal for fixing an inflator tire of your car.Since it’s a small air compressor the maximum pressure is 100 PSI. It will automatically shut off once it reaches the highest level of pressure. The 9-foot long power cord has also proven to be helpful as well. There is also a 31-foot power hose as well. It also comes with four adapters so can easily be worked with other appliances and tools as well.Key Features
- Features a maximum pressure of 100 PSI
- The air compressor is ideal for small and quick tasks
- It comes with four different adapters as well
Autlead is rather a new entry in the market of portable air compressors and you might not hear about it but you can rely on this one if you need a portable air compressor. The maximum air pressure is 150 PSI and its power draw is 120 watts. The air compressor comes with a warranty of two years. The airflow rating is 1.43 CFM. What you would like is the fast inflation of the speed so you can perform a variety of tasks with ease. The digital meter is precise and useful.Key Features
- Works quite well with a maximum pressure of 150
- Features fast inflation of speed and a digital meter
- Comes with a two-year warranty
When it comes to the best portable air compressor that you can use while on the road or outdoors then STANLEY is a perfect option to go for. This one is suitable for inflating car tires. With a maximum pressure of 120 PSI, it can easily inflate the tires of multiple vehicles with ease. Here you would also like the nozzle that it comes with. It comes with a safety alarm as well that would alert you if you have made a wrong connection. Overall it’s an amazing portable air compressor to go for.Key Features
- Features a maximum air pressure of 120 PSI
- Comes with a nozzles
- Can easily inflate the tireless of multiple vehicles
We have found yet another popular portable air compressor that comes from a popular brand that is Avid Power Tire Inflator Air Compressor. It is a cordless option as it can easily run by any kind of cord. This is because it features a 20v battery system.It provides a maximum pressure of 100 PSI so it would be ideal for small tasks preferable for inflating the tires. Overall it can be a pretty good option as well.Key Features
- Features a maximum pressure of 100 PSI
- It has a small and compact design and it can be easily carried away with you
- It features two input options
- A digital pressure gauge is also present
- 20-volt battery system
- Features two years of warranty
We another one of the best portable air compressors that would be a great option for inflating the tires of your vehicles. It’s highly versatile and ghats what makes ut so popular among the people. It is compatible with both AC and DC as per your preferences. The highest pressure is 150 PSI. The inbuilt lights make it ideal for the night as well. It can easily be used at home or outdoors.Key Features
- Features a maximum pressure of 150 PSI and a power draw of 120 watts
- Features two power cords and a digital pressure gauge
- It also features inbuilt LED lights
- Comes with one year of warranty
Breeze Air Compressor has also made a place for itself in our list of best portable air compressor. The brand is popularly known for its ability to work with pneumatic tools and accessories. You will get a standard maximum pressure of 150 PSI and the 120 watts of power can be drawn from a 12v socket.Key Features
- Features 150 PSI of maximum pressure and 120 watts of power draw
- Comes with nozzle attachments
- Inbuilt lights are present for a better user experience at night and otherwise
- The products come with one year of warranty
We have found one of the most powerful portable air compressors and this is none other than DeWalt. So if you need a powerful air compressor that you can easily move around then DeWalt should be your perfect pick.It features a 27-gallon tank and a maximum pressure of 200 PSI. The airflow would be 5.1 CFM at 90 PSI so you can steadily keep up with the pace.Key Features
- One of the most powerful portable air compressor with 200 PSI
- 27-gallon tank air would serve the needs of heavy-duty pneumatic tools
- It features two wheels at the bottom which would be easy to move.
Helteko Portable Air Compressor is another one of the best air compressors that you need to know about. With standard features and user-friendly manuals, the air compressor makes a good choice and it won’t disappoint you either. It is reliable and its small and compact design makes it everyone’s favorite as well.Key Features
- Provides a maximum pressure of 150 PSI
- It features 120 watts of power draw
- A 3.5-meter long cord would be helpful
- A display with readings is present
- Auto shut off feature is present
- Features a 5-year long warranty as well
Hausbell is another pocket-friendly option that you can consider buying. Even if it comes cheap, it doesn’t compromise with the quality and features. You would still find the maximum pressure of 150 PSI and 120 watts of power draw. Its 9.8 feet long cord is another best feature. The inbuilt LED is also reliable and useful.Key Features
- Features 150 PSI maximum pressure
- Inbuilt LED lights and an LCD is present
- Comes with a 9.8 feet long cord
- It would be useful for a variety of tasks
- Comes with one year warranty
Kensun makes a good choice for the best portable air compressors list, all thanks to its reliable features. It is not as powerful as the other air compressors because its maximum pressure is 100 PSI instead of 150. It would work with both AC and DC power connections. The accurate analog pressure and two power plugs are quite useful as well.Key Features
- 100 PSI maximum pressure
- Works with both AC and DC so it can be used at home or on the go
- Comes with two power cords as well
- Comes with a two-year warranty as well
Buying Guide for Best Portable Air CompressorThere are a few things that you need to consider while choosing an ideal portable air compressor for yourself so that you can end up buying a good enough portable air compressor that you can buy for yourself. So here are a few things that you might wanna look at while choosing a portable air compressor.
1. PowerThe first thing that you need to consider in the portable air compressor is its power. After all, the true capabilities of an air portable compressor are all connected to its power. The power of the portable air compressor is measured in the horsepower ratings. The power would affect the speed of filling up the tank with air as well as the maximum pressure of the portable air compressor. 0.5 Horsepower would be enough for the small electric motors while the gas-powered could work greatly with 5 horsepower.
2. Maximum PressureThe maximum pressure of a portable air compressor is also a big deal and you should be concerned about it as well. The maximum pressure of the portable air compressor is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI). The maximum pressure of the portable air compressor varies from one another and for each job or each tool, different pressure would be required.So you should take a look at your requirements and see what would be the ideal maximum pressure required.
3. Tank VolumeThe volume of the tank would determine how much-compressed air the machine can hold. Not only this but how long the compressor will run or what functions it can perform also depends on the tank volume. For example, for a nail gun, a 4 or 5-gallon tank would be fine while bigger tools such as pneumatic mechanical saw would need a much larger tank than this. Overall you can opt for a larger tank volume so that it would work for multiple tools or at least the larger volume tanks.
4. AirflowThe airflow is another one of the criteria that you need to look at to find an ideal portable air compressor for yourself. The airflow is measured in cubic feet per minute, that is, CFM. It refers to how much air can be put out while still maintaining the pressure. The airflow depends on the tool you are using and you might wanna consider the needs of the tool as well.
5. Size and WeightThe size and weight of the air compressor are a pretty important factor and especially when you are looking for a portable air compressor. You might wanna move it around from one place to another and use it as per your convenience, so you might wanna go for a lightweight and compact sized portable air compressor.You have to keep in mind that some of the powerful portable air compressors come in heavyweight and you can’t compromise with that. On the other hand, the lightweight compressor would only perform ideally with the smaller tool.
6. AccessoriesThe accessories of the portable air compressor is another one of the features that you might wanna consider. There are a few portable air compressors that come with an accessory kit and there is no doubt that these would be helpful. The accessory kit may include tire inflators, quick connect fittings, and blown off chucks. Overall you might want to go with a portable air compressor that comes with an accessory kit for your convenience.
7. Durability and SturdinessThe portable air compressor needs to be durable and you would need to see the material that is used to make that up. The portable air compressor should be durable and sturdy so that it can last longer and doesn’t feature any issues.
8. Duty CycleThe duty cycle of the portable air compressor refers to how long a portable air compressor can run before it would need a break to cool down.Some of the models come with a thermal protection feature that would shut off the operation automatically when it reaches a certain temperature. The duty cycle would be measured in percentage and it refers to the time of the full cycle including running and resting time.
9. WarrantyThe warranty is always an important factor to look for regardless of what products you are buying. So when you are choosing an ideal portable air compressor you would want to take the warranty of the product under consideration. Every product that comes with a warranty would allow you access to the free service and repair of the product under a specific time limit. This way your money would be worth spending and you can get a good enough product as well.
10. PriceLast but not the least, the price of the portable air compressor should be on your list of criteria for an ideal portable compressor. You don’t want to overspend and at the same time, you want to get the value for hour money as well. So make sure you are getting some of the best features and a value for your money for every penny you are spending on the portable air compressor as well.
ConclusionSo these are the few criteria that you need to look at so that you can find an ideal portable air compressor for yourself.Here we have come to an end for our article of The Best Portable Air Compressor that you can find. We hope that you have found some of the ideal portable compressors here and you would be very happy with your purchase. We have included the leading portable air compressors that are budget-friendly and these product has also got some good reviews as well. Thank you for visiting us and keep coming for more such review article to find the best products in the future as well.