You don’t have a central air conditioning system or windows then portable air conditioners are your best shot. The portable air conditioner is getting very popular these days thanks to the convenience of use.
No one wants to be hot all the time and suffer in the summers just because they don’t have adequate arrangements for having an air conditioner in their home. Thankfully, the portable air conditioner would do the job and allow you to chill at your desired temperature.
Unique Features of Portable Air Conditioners:
They can be easily moved around the house and you can use them anywhere you please.
They can be easily stored somewhere when they are not in use
Portable air conditioners are way more effective and efficient than cooler units (though they looked the same)
The only problem people find with portable air conditioners is how to find the best one for them. Since not many people are familiar with portable air conditioners and someone who has never used a portable air condition might find it pretty difficult to choose the best portable air conditioner for them.
Well, we are here to save you from the trouble of going through hundreds of portable air conditioners and then choosing one for yourself. In the following article, you will find a list of the 15 best portable air conditioners and a buying guide to help you choose the best one for yourself as well.
So let’s go ahead and take a look at the 15 best portable air conditioners.
- 1 Best Portable Air Conditioners
- 1.1 1. TOSOT 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.2 2. Honeywell HL12CESWK Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.3 3. LG 14,000 BTU Smart Wi-Fi Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.4 4. Zero Breeze Mark 2
- 1.5 5. Black and Decker Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.6 6. NewAir 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote
- 1.7 7. Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC
- 1.8 8. Honeywell 790 CFM Indoor Portable Evaporative Air
- 1.9 9. Evapolar Eva LIGHT PLUS
- 1.10 10. SereneLife 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner and Heater
- 1.11 11. Homelabs Portable Air Conditioners
- 1.12 12. Whynter ARC-14S Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.13 13. Frigidaire FFPH1222U1
- 1.14 14. Shinco 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.15 15. Midea MAPo8R1CWT 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.16 Buying Guide for Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.17 Conclusion
Best Portable Air Conditioners
If you are looking for the quietest portable AC then TOSOT should be your first choice. This one is also a leading portable AC that you can buy and you would be pretty much very interested in buying the portable AC given the features. You get all this at a very reasonable price as well.It features an adjustable timer and lights free night mode which would be useful for people who wants a perfect sleep with desirable room temperature. It can be a fit for both vertical and horizontal window openings and it only covers like 300 Square feet. This one also comes in multiple modes as you can set it to the fan only settings as well as the built-in dehumidifier which can remove 1.1 liters of water. The only thing that bugged the users about this portable air conditioner is the difficulty to install other than that the AC is pretty much all you can ask for.
Honeywell HL is our next best option for the portable AC to buy. This one too is a leading portable AC option that you can find nowadays.It features 12,000 BTUs which provides enough power to chill a 500 Square foot room. The portable air conditioner also comes with a built-in dehumidifier featuring a self-exploration system which means you won’t have to empty the water bucket now and then. The noise level too is very impressive and you can easily enjoy its quieter operation this one might not be the most attractive portable air conditioner, so if you don’t mind the outer appearance then this is the perfect one.
3. LG 14,000 BTU Smart Wi-Fi Portable Air Conditioner
LG too is a reputed brand for home appliances and gadgets that makes our life easier. This one too makes sure that we get everything we have asked for in a portable air conditioner. When it comes to LG, one thing is for sure, you can always rely on the quality and performance of the product and the same goes for its portable air conditioner.This one is a perfect portable air conditioner that features Wi-Fi functionality. Users can easily control the portable air conditioner with a remote. They can set the temperature and the air conditioner also be controlled and scheduled by using your phone. You can also use your voice to control it as it’s Alexa enabled. You would have to download the app to control it.It can easily cool down a 500 square foot room thanks to it’s 14,000 BTU. The portable AC also features a dual interview compressor that ensures variable motor speeds. The functionality of the portable AC is pretty smooth and it can be easily installed as well. Noise levels are very low and you would certainly enjoy the quiet operation. Overall this portable ac is worth your money.
4. Zero Breeze Mark 2Zero Breeze Mark 2 isn’t the cheapest or affordable option on our list but it certainly is the best portable AC to spend your money on. This one is also very much different from the other portable ACs on this list and it’s what makes it unique and best.First of all the portable AC depends on the battery instead of electricity. The battery would last for three to five hours and that’s what makes it pretty impressive as well. This would be pretty easy to carry around and even use in the outdoors while you are camping or something.It can drop the temperature by 30°F within 10 minutes. Lastly, the portable air conditioner weighs only 16.5lbs so it can be easily carried around. Overall the portable AC might be pretty expensive but it certainly is one of the best to find.
Our next pick for the best portable air conditioner is the Black and Decker Portable Air Conditioner. The portable air conditioner comes with many amazing features and it does come at a reasonable and affordable price as well.The portable AC ensures the best cooling and it can bring down the temperature very fast as well. It can also work as a heater as well do it will be useful in the winters as well. The maintains of the filter and the overall portable air conditioner is pretty convenient and that’s what the users liked the most about this portable AC. Here the portable AC features a 7,500 BTU rating and it consumers 1,160 watts. The noise operation isn’t as quiet as it should be.It might not be the most impressive but it would certainly provide you a cool and convenient environment on summer days.
NewAir 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is another one of the best portable air conditioners that you need to know about. This one too features some of the best functions and features that you might be looking for in your next portable air conditioner.It only weighs 61 pounds and features 10,000 BTU which is sufficient to cool down a room. It also functions as a dehumidifier so that’s an important feature to look for in this one. The footprint of this portable air conditioner is pretty low. It features only two fan speeds which can be a drawback for some of you. It can be controlled by a demote as well. Overall this would certainly impress you and you won’t regret buying it.
7. Blue Star 1 Ton Portable ACFor our first pick for the best portable AC, we chose Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC. Blue Star is one of the leading electronic appliances brands that you can rely on. The portable AC comes with tons of amazing features which would be looking for in your portable AC as well.It used a highly rotatory compressor system with its built-in accumulator which ensures maximum cooling. It also features hydraulic golden evaporator fins which prevent the condensation of water and continuously evaporate the accumulated amount.The thermostat of the air conditioner uses an antifreeze technology to prevent frost formation. This one counts as a safety feature and it would protect the system from further damage. The specially designed filters act as purifiers that reduced the risks of diseases through the transmission of air. Overall it features an auto sterilization process.The portable AC also features programmable temperature settings so you can easily preset the temperature. It also comes with a sleep timer as well. As a safety feature, the portable ac also features an Error Code Alarm whenever there is a faulty operation.The portable AC is also energy efficient as it only requires 230 volts of power and the power consumption is also very low.The final verdict would be, it’s a great portable ac with almost all the desired features to ensures fast, effective, and efficient cooling.
Honeywell is one of the leading brands that comes to our mind when we talk about portable air conditioners. This one is suitable for the dry climate with no humidity as it is an evaporative style of air cooler. It is lightweight and features low power consumption than the other portable air conditioners on our list.It used water to cool down the air and keep the room a little moist. This one uses a top-loading ice compartment and features a 7.9-gallon water tank. It features three fan speeds that can effectively cool down the temperature in your room. It should be placed near a window so the air can pass and provide your convenient environment.It comes with all sorts of other smart features such as remote control, adjustable timer, dust air filter, and low water alarm. Overall if you live in an area with a dry climate then it should be suitable for you.
Evapolar Eva LIGHT PLUS is one of the smallest and cheapest portable air conditioners that you can buy. This one is perfect for those who are looking to use the portable AC just for themselves while they are away from home. Here the portable air cooler would circulate the cool air around you. It will make sure you get a comfortable temperature around you while also checking your health as well.It uses different built-in filters that would keep the air free from dust, germs, and bacteria. It also features a water tank that would evaporate the water and releases a cool stream of air to bring down the temperature around you. The tank would last for about 5 to 6 hours before refill. Overall the portable AC is convenient for one person use only.
If you are looking for an air conditioner plus heater combo then SereneLife should be your best choice. This one too is a pretty amazing portable air conditioner that you can spend your money on. Here the portable air conditioner features 12,000 BTU which is quite impressive. It can also be a heater as well as a demulsifier.The low noise operation would also be one of the best features that you can count on. Here moving the air conditioner is pretty easy with the wheels and then you can easily place it anywhere you want. It also features three-speed seconds and an automatic timer so you can easily set the temperature as per your needs.
11. Homelabs Portable Air ConditionersThe next one on our list of best portable air conditioners is Homelabs. This one is suitable for those who are looking to use the portable air conditioner in big rooms. It features 14000 BTUs which is impressive and justifies its claim to cool down big rooms.It features an Eco-friendly sleep mode which ensures a quiet operation and also saves energy. You will also find a washable air filter that would make sure you get to breathe in the fresh air.
Whynter ARC-14S Dual should be your pick for the best portable air conditioner as well. This one too features 14,000 BTU which can cool down a 600 Square feet room. It also works as a dehumidifier and would be suitable for the humid climate as well.To provide you the fresh air this one features a washable pre-filter and an activated carbon filter as well. The portable air conditioner features a temperature setting between 61 degrees Fahrenheit and 89 degrees Fahrenheit and you can choose the desired temperature in between them. This one also takes up a low space as well so you would certainly want it in your room.
Frigidaire is another popular portable air conditioner that you need to know about. This one features a really sleek design that will go with any interior. It’s is pretty easy to move from one place to another and you can easily put it in any room of your house to cool down the temperature.It comes with an intuitive remote control system and you can easily adjust the settings as well. It delivers 12000 BTU performance which would be enough to cool a five hundred square foot room. Overall the portable air conditioner lives up to our expectations and meets our needs so it will be worth spending on this one.
14. Shinco 8,000 BTU Portable Air ConditionerShinco 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner also deserves your attention, given its affordable price and efficient functionality. It’s not great for the big rooms so if you live in a small one, this might be your best choice. It also features self evaporating technology so the water won’t fill up during use. This one would be enough for a 150 Square feet room so if you own a small place it should be your pick.
We surely made a place for Midea Portable Air Conditioner on our list of best portable air conditioners. This one is also one of the cheapest options for those who don’t wanna break their bank for a portable air conditioner. The cheap price doesn’t mean you have to compromise with the functionality either. It also features preset temperature settings and users would find a 24-hour timer that would easily cool it down throughout the day. The temperature settings vary from 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Overall the air conditioner would be a great pick for you to cool down a 150 Square feet room.
Buying Guide for Portable Air ConditionerThere are things that you need to consider before buying a portable air conditioner so that you can easily pick the best one for yourself. We have listed out a few things which you need to consider before buying the portable conditioner which is best for you.1. SizeThe size of the portable air conditioner is the first thing that you need to be considerate about. Since is portable, you are gonna want to use it anywhere in your house hassle-free. The too big or too small size of portable AC can be a problem.If you want to use that portable air conditioner in a particular room then you need to buy a portable air conditioner of the appropriate size in proportion to the room. Measure the room size and then look for the best portable air conditioner size accordingly.
2. PowerThe power of portable AC is another important criterion that you need to weigh in before buying a portable AC. The power of air conditioners is measured in British Thermal Units. The BTUs vary from 8000 to 14000. More BTU means it would be quickly able to cool down the room.
3. Programmable ThermostatIf you are looking to find energy sufficient portable AC then you should look for programmable thermostat features. This would shut down the machine if it reaches a specific temperature.
5. Easy SettingsIt’s pretty important that the portable AC comes with easy settings so users don’t spend too much of their time understanding the settings. Although almost all the portable ACs come with a remote these days but there are a few which doesn’t go for the one which comes with the remote.
6. Multiple ModeIt will be helpful if your portable AC comes with multiple modes. There are a few portable AC that comes in the portable AC/ Heater/ Dehumidifier/ Fan combo. This would ensure that you have the best value for your money and you can use the portable air conditioner as many things at once.
7. Noise LevelYou don’t wanna get the desired temperature and cool environment in your room and listen to an annoying noise out of any electric device and especially your portable air conditioner. So do check the noise level of the air conditioner before buying it.
8. Product ReviewsIt’s pretty important that you check whether the product reviews before buying anything. The users of the portable ac would have a thing or two to say about it and this would be pretty helpful to decide on the portable ac.
9. CostYou should always set a budget before looking for the best portable AC as this way you won’t overspend and would get the desired portable air conditioner within your budget. You should also check whether or not the air conditioner worth your money that is if it provides value for money or not.
ConclusionSo these are a few things that you need to consider before buying the portable ac for yourself. You can also check things like power consumption, energy efficiency, and the type of portable air conditioner and see if it suits your requirements and needs.Here we have come to an end for our article on the best portable air conditioners that we could find for you. We hope you found a good enough portable air conditioner to buy for yourself from our list. The portable conditioner that we have chosen in this article are some of the best as they meet all the criteria of a good portable AC and they have also been given a positive response by the users.That was all and we hope you found our article, Best Portable Air Conditioners helpful. Thank you.