Whether you are drinking cocktails, soda, or even just water, you would surely need some ice to go with! So it’s safe to say that ice is one of the key ingredients that go with every drink. That is why the Ice Makers have become very popular and essential equipment that you can use so that you never go out of ice ever. But do you know what would be better than an ice maker? It’s a portable ice maker, which you can use anytime and anywhere conveniently and always have access to ice!
With a portable ice maker, all you would need is water, and voila! You would have ice anywhere. But there are many benefits of an ice maker which you should know about.
Benefits of Portable Ice Maker:
It’s pretty obvious that you can’t possibly travel with ice, because it would melt, obviously. Neither you would want to travel with those Cardinal ice makers that would be heavy and possibly too large to take around with yourself. That is why people have come with the idea of portable ice makers.
With a portable ice maker, you can travel anywhere and still have access to the ice. It would be convenient for travel and you can use it anywhere.
2. Space saver
Portable ice makers are not just used by some people who are looking forward to the party in the woods, but people with less space in their kitchen would also prefer portable makers! If your fridge is filled up with ice creams and chocolates and has no place for an ice tray, then a portable ice maker would be a lifesaver for you.
Even if you have space in your fridge, you would still want to use the portable ice maker because it would be quick whereas the freezer would take forever to make the ice. So some uninvited guest comes to your house, you might wanna take help from the portable ice maker rather than relying on the freezer.
4. Easy to Use and Low Maintenance
A portable ice maker is also our favorite because it is super easy to use and its maintenance is easy as well. All you have to do is put some water and push a few buttons and you would have the ice in no time.
The portable ice makers also come with in-built drains and they would use the melted ice and unused water as well.
The amount of money you would spend on the portable ice maker would be far less than what you would spend on those ice bags. There are many amazing portable ice makers that you can find in the budget-friendly price range as well.
So these are some of the benefits that you would be getting with your portable ice maker.
Now the bigger question is, which portable ice maker you should buy? I guess that is the question you have been asking yourself. Since there are so many portable ice makers in the market which can make it impossible to go through all of them and pick one of them. So it would be smart to seek some help.
Well, you are at the right place because we have happened to have a list of the best portable ice maker that you can buy. We have also listed the buying guide for the best portable ice maker at the end of the article which would help you to pick the best one for yourself.
Go ahead and take a look at the following list of best portable ice makers and choose the best one for yourself.
- 1 Benefits of Portable Ice Maker:
- 2 Best Portable Ice Makers
- 2.1 1. NewAir 50-Pound Portable Ice Maker
- 2.2 2. GE Profile Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- 2.3 3. Euhomy Ice Maker Machine Countertop
- 2.4 4. BOSSIN Countertop Ice Maker
- 2.5 5. Frigidaire Compact Counter Top Ice Maker
- 2.6 6. COSTWAY Counter Top Ice Maker
- 2.7 7. HomeLabs Chill Pill Countertop Ice Maker
- 2.8 8. Magic-Chef 27-Pound Capacity Countertop Portable Ice Maker
- 2.9 9. Vremi VRM010636N
- 2.10 10. Igloo ICEB26
- 2.11 11. Merax Portable Countertop Clear Ice Maker
- 2.12 12. Luma IM200SS
- 2.13 13. Hamilton Beach-86150
- 2.14 14. Sunpentown Undercounter Stainless Steel Ice Maker
- 2.15 15. Novete Portable Countertop Ice Machine
- 2.16 Buying Guide for Portable Ice Maker:
- 2.17 Conclusion:
Best Portable Ice Makers
Our first choice for the best portable ice maker is NewAir. This one is a leading choice for people who want ice quickly. The one has some amazing features and it should be able to impress you with its looks and quality.For starters, the portable ice maker features a large capacity, which is 50 pounds per day! To simplify, you can get 12 pieces in 13 minutes, with this speed you will always have access to ice for your sodas or cocktail and it should be big enough to entertain your guests at your house or anywhere else.Users would be able to choose between three different ice sizes. This one also features an ice timer, about 18 minutes, so you can make ice on schedule as well. The ice maker also comes with a light indicator that would tell you if you need to add extra water or the removable ice bin is full. An ice scoop is present for easy serving as well.Overall, the machine comes with a self-cleaning feature and the noise level is also low. The capacity is large and it is quick enough to serve your needs as well. It comes with a reasonable price and worth every penny you would spend on this one.
The GE Profile Opal is our next choice for the best portable ice maker and it would certainly impress you as well. The ice maker comes with 24 pounds per day of capacity and it can hold up to 3 pounds of ice at a single time. The ice maker can be connected to your phone via Bluetooth so you can control it from an app.The unique design and features are worth the money. Besides, who doesn’t like chew-able ice right? The ice scoop is included. Although it can be a little heavy as well as expensive, so you gotta make sure if you want this one.
If you are looking for something classy and simple then you might wanna go with Euhomy Ice Maker Machine. This one is pretty popular and definitely deserves the title of best portable ice maker. This one features two ice cube size options and comes with a low water indicator as well. The noise level is low and it won’t disturb you with any kind of annoying noise while it’s operating.It is capable of producing 26 pounds of chew-able bullet-sized ice cubes per day. It features a 2.2-liter water tank that can recycle the melted ice water. Overall this one worth the money it is asking for and you would be certainly satisfied with the outcome and its service.
4. BOSSIN Countertop Ice MakerThe next best portable ice maker on this list is, BOSSIN Counter-top Ice Maker. You would fall in love with its sleek, all-black, and modern look. But this one offers much more than attractive looks. You would probably love its 26 pounds per day capacity. This one also features an auto shut-off feature. The light would indicate when the water is low or is full.One cycle would take about 12 minutes and each cycle can produce nine cubes. Ice cubes can be produced in two different sizes. It’s pretty light in weight so it would be easy to carry it around.
Frigidaire Compact also makes an excellent choice for the best portable ice maker that you can buy. Here this one can produce 26 pounds of ice in one day. It is popular for making thick ice and users can choose from three size settings as well. Since the ice cubes are thick they won’t melt easily so it is efficient.Additionally, it comes with an interior bin that can store 2 pounds of ice. A digital panel makes it user-friendly. Overall this one comes at an affordable price and you won’t have to break your bank either.
COSTWAY is one of the most popular brands for home appliances and it is also reliable and trustable, so we had to look for the portable ice maker and yet again, it didn’t disappoint us.It can produce 26 pounds of ice per day and one cycle (9 pieces) in 6-13 minutes. It can store 1.5 pounds of ice and you can choose between two different sizes of ice cubes as well. The best part about this ice maker is that it is made up of food-grade material so it’s super safe.
Homelabs, too, is an excellent choice for portable ice makers. This one features the standard 26 pounds per day capacity. It produces 8 ice cubes in approximately 10 minutes. There are two size settings to choose from. It features a 2.2-liter tank and 1.5-liter tin.It features an energy-efficient compressor for cooling and it also features automatic shut-off as well. Light indicators are also present and would tell you when the tank is empty or the bin is full. Overall it’s worth your money and it’s reliable as well.
Next on our list of best portable ice makers is Magic Chef! This one features 27 pounds per day capacity. It produces nine cubes in 7 minutes, so it’s quite fast. There are two size settings as well. The water reservoir used up the water from melted ice.Overall the operation is quite easy and its compact design would be a plus point as well.
9. Vremi VRM010636NVremi has also made its place for the best portable ice maker. It produces 26 pounds of ice per day and it can produce 8 ice cubes in 8-10 minutes. It features 2.2 liters of the water reservoir and 1.5 liters of ice cube bin. It features warning lights and only on/off buttons so it would be quite easy to operate as well.The ice maker features good quality of construction and the high quality of ice production as well. This one makes low noise as well. People like this one because it’s affordable and energy-efficient.
10. Igloo ICEB26Igloo is yet another portable ice maker that you would like to buy. This one would impress you with its features as well as its simple looks. The brand has been known for the best coolers and this is what makes it trustable.It makes 26 pounds of ice per day and nine cylindrical-shaped ice cubes in about 11 minutes. The operation is quiet and the noise level is just 38 dB, so if you are looking for the quietest ice maker, this one should be your pick. It can hold up to 2.2 liters of ice and it features 2.5 liters of the reservoir. It may be a little bit expensive but you would get top quality and there are few color choices as well.
11. Merax Portable Countertop Clear Ice MakerIf you are hunting for the highest capacity ice maker then Merax should be your top choice, it can produce 48 pounds of ice per day. It can hold up to 2.4 pounds of ice at a time as well. This one product cube-shaped ice so that a change from the bullet or cylindrical shaped bullets.A digital panel is present for easy operation. One batch would take almost 15 minutes. You would have to break the ice cubes yourself because it produces them in a block. Other than this, it’s a great ice maker to buy.
12. Luma IM200SSLuma is another one of the best portable ice makers that you can rely on. It can produce 28 pounds of ice per day and one batch in 7 minutes. Although this machine produces ice only in one size. The portable ice maker is made up of high-quality material. Low water and full ice tank alerts are present. Overall you would get clear and gourmet ice cubes, which would be ideal if you are running a small restaurant or something.
13. Hamilton Beach-86150Hamilton Beach is our next best pick for a popular ice maker that you can easily move around when you need to. It can make 28 pounds of ice in one day and it takes about 8 minutes for one batch. The design and construction are sleek and sturdy. This one is very quiet as well and you can certainly trust this one for your parties or small get-together.
Sunpentown Under-counter ice maker is our next choice. This one may not be an ideal portable option but it can be easily moved from one place to another. It can produce 12 pounds of ice every day. It will be connected to the electric and water supply and it gives the best and steady supply of ice. It’s easy to operate, reliable and affordable.
The top-quality and highly portable ice maker is all one can ask for and with Novete you will get everything you have asked for. It’s pretty small and lightweight so you can easily move it around. It takes about 28.7 pounds of ice in one day and 9 ice cubes in 6 minutes as well. It also comes with a mini ice scoop and basket as well.
Buying Guide for Portable Ice Maker:You might ask which portable ice maker you should pick and how to find the best portable ice maker. Well, you gotta look at the features and pick the one that has the most desirable features and one that can meet your requirements.Here is a list of features that you should consider while buying the best portable ice maker for yourself.
1. Size DimensionsSince you are looking for a portable ice maker, you would want a compact size and one that can be easily moved around without much of a hassle. So the first thing you would need to look at is the size of the portable ice maker.It should be compact enough to serve your needs and it should be able to fit in your kitchen’s counter or wherever you would want to use it.
2. CapacityThe capacity of the portable ice maker should be enough to meet the ice requirements. You should see how much ice it can store because you might not have a place to store the ice and in that case, you would need to use the ice maker itself to store the ice.
3. SpeedThe speed at which the portable ice maker is capable of making ice says a lot about the ice maker. You wouldn’t want to wait 8 hours to get your ice.An ideal portable ice maker can produce 9-12 ice cubes per batch in under 10 minutes (max). Usually, the production speed is measured in pounds per day or per hour, so you can easily look that up and find the best portable ice maker with a good speed.
4. User FriendlyIt’s pretty important that you can easily use the portable ice maker. So it should be user-friendly and the instructions should be written as well. Look for a portable ice maker that is easy to use and featured no complicated steps.
5. Look and Ice Cube ShapeFor some people, looks matter. So it would be better if you would just find an ice maker that you like look-wise rather than regretting later. Although the ice cube shape is no big of a deal but some portable ice makers come with unique shaped ice cube trays so you can look into that as well.
6. NoiseSome portable ice makers do make noise while they are under operation so it would be smart if you check out the noise level of an ice maker. It should be noiseless in ideal cases but even if you are compromising make sure it’s bearable.
7. Drain PlugThe drain plug, too, is a very important feature that you would want to consider while buying a portable ice maker. It would help to remove the remaining water and keep the machine clean.
8. Timer FunctionThe timer function can be an important feature too and surely one that you would want in your portable ice maker. It might cost more, but having an ice maker that would turn on and off on a schedule would be helpful. Although it’s not that much of a necessary function but you can consider it.
9. Self CleaningSome portable ice maker machines come with a self-cleaning function which would be an amazing feature to have. It would be convenient and you won’t have to worry about cleaning it or putting in too of effort.
10. Warranty and DurabilityIt would be helpful if you buy an ice maker that comes with a warranty. Because then you would be able to easily fix any issues that your portable ice maker is facing, in a limited period.The durability of the ice maker would depend on its construction and the brand, so you might wanna check that as well.
11. Customer ReviewsWe take customer reviewed very seriously, in fact, it is one of the criteria from which we have decided which one should be on our list of best portable ice makers. No one can tell you better than the people who have used the very same product which you are about to buy. So always check the customer reviews and see if it’s worth spending money or not.
12. Price and Value for MoneyThe price of the ice maker should be one of the criteria, after all, you don’t want to break your bank. Set a budget and then look for the best ice makers in that budget. You might as well want to consider the features and see if it worth your money.
Conclusion:Here we have completed all the good enough features that you should be looking for in the ice maker before buying it.We have come to an end for our articles, the best portable ice makers. We hope you found our article helpful and you would get the best product that you have been looking for. Thank you for visiting and keep coming for more such articles in the future as well.