The portable evaporative coolers are some of the must-haves this summer. As your summers are just around the corner, as much as you are willing to see the sun and wear cute summer clothes, you may not be ready for the scorching heat of the summers. Thanks to global warming, the temperature is getting higher and higher with each passing summer, and with that, the need for cooling appliances has increased as well.
Although the air conditioner must be your first choice but if you are low on the budget and don’t want to increase your electricity bills then finding an alternative would be smart. That alternative is the portable evaporative coolers.
What is Portable Evaporative Cooler?
A portable evaporative cooler is a small air cooler that uses a wet pad or filters to cool the air in your room. Due to the wet pas or filter, the water would be evaporated and there would be a little humidity introduced via the cooler. That is why portable evaporative coolers are only ideal for people who live in a dry heat climate.
It’s a small unite but does wonder. It will cool down your room just as an AC but at a fraction of the cost.
The portable evaporative coolers come in different types, one that can be used indoors and others that can be used outdoors. The coolers that are designed to be used indoors are considerably smaller and are meant to cool down a small room. On the other hand, the outdoors coolers can be used anywhere and they come in various shapes and sizes as well.
There are so many amazing features and benefits of portable evaporative coolers which made it this popular and people who are willing to save their electricity bills are looking forward to buying the portable evaporative coolers this summer.
There is no shortage of portable evaporative coolers as there are so many options and a very wide range to choose from. The only problem is how to choose the best one among them? This is where you need us and we won’t let you down. In this article, we are going to name the best portable evaporative coolers that you can buy and take home this summer. We have also shared a buying guide at the end of the day, so take a look at that as well, to know what features you need to consider while buying the portable evaporative coolers.
So go ahead and take a look at the following list of the best portable evaporative coolers and pick the best one.
- 1 What is Portable Evaporative Cooler?
- 2 Best Portable Evaporative Coolers
- 2.1 1. Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- 2.2 2. AMEIKO Portable Mini Evaporative Personal Cooler
- 2.3 3. COSTWAY Evaporation Cooler
- 2.4 4. SHSTFD Evaporative Air Cooler
- 2.5 5. Honeywell 525 CFM Indoor Outdoor Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 2.6 6. COMFYHOME Evaporative Air Cooler
- 2.7 7. Spantron Portable Air Conditioner Fan
- 2.8 8. Cool Space AVALANCHE 36-VD Evaporative Cooler
- 2.9 9. Luma Comfort EC110S Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 2.10 10. Evapolar Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
- 2.11 11. Phoenix Manufacturing WH2906 Evaporative Window Cooler
- 2.12 Buying Guide for Portable Evaporative Coolers
- 2.13 Conclusion:
Best Portable Evaporative Coolers
Hessaire is one of the best portable evaporative coolers that you can find right now. There are so many features that you would get with this one and you would certainly get impressed with its performance as well. This one is intelligently designed to produce cool air with a small size that won’t take up all the room.It can produce 3,100 cubic feet of air per minute with 250w of power. It is ideal for places up to 750 square feet. The cooler weighs just 40 pounds and it comes with wheels so it would be easy to move around anywhere in the house. The water tank is 10 gallons and it also comes with an attachment hose as well. So it would run for 3 to 4 hours. The 3 sided intake also makes it a top choice for people.Overall, the portable evaporative cooler has the power to cool down a medium-sized room without making a fuss. Given the excellent build quality and performance, this one is well worth the money.
2. AMEIKO Portable Mini Evaporative Personal CoolerThe AMEIKO is another leading portable evaporative cooler that you need to know about. There are so many interesting features that you would find in this portable cooler that would make you want to buy it right away.This one is ideal for those who want personal and very small portable evaporative coolers for themselves. It can be placed on a desk or table and it would be a great humidifier as well. It comes with a 400ml water tank where you can add ice cubes as well. The fan runs at three different speeds. You would also find a timer that allows you to run it for 4 hours of maximum running. It weighs just 1.95 pounds. So it is very lightweight and is very portable given it has a handle.It uses electricity just as much as a bulb so you won’t have to worry about electricity consumption. It’s quiet and provides clean air. Lastly, the cooler comes with one year of warranty.
The COSTWAY is a popular home appliance brand that has been with us for a long time now and it would certainly impress you with its excellent performance. It’s a 4 in 1 product that can act as an air cooler, fan, humidifier, and air purifier. It also comes with honeycomb cooling pads which are pretty effective.The airflow is 215CFM which should be enough for one person. The fan runs at three different speeds. It features an 8-liter water tank with two ice-crystal boxes as well. You can program it for running for 7.5 hours with its timer. It provides a 90 days money-back guarantee so it would be a good product to invest your money in.
SHSTFD should be your next best option for a portable evaporative cooler given its high-end features and reliable performance.This one should be ideal for one person and its small size would be ideal as you can place it anywhere. It features a 420ml water tank and it can run for up to 4-6 hours straight. The fan can run at three different speeds. It would require 24DC of power for its operation which means you won’t have to worry about the monthly electricity bill and even use it when there is a power cut.Users also liked the fact the operation was over quiet and it doesn’t interrupt or distract you with its noise. The lightweight and compact size ensure you can place it anywhere and move it easily as well. Overall, you would certainly love this one and you would get all this at a very affordable price as well.
If you are looking for the best portable evaporative cooler that can be used indoors as well as outdoors and is powerful enough to cool down an entire room, then Honeywell should be your best option. The brand has been there with us for a very long time now and they have managed to impress us with its innovative design and reliable performance.The airflow is 729CFM which can cool 320sq.ft which would be enough to cool down a medium-sized room. There are 7.9 gallons of a water tank along with ice trays. You would get an alert if the water is low and there is a 7.5 he timer function as well. It is large in size but easy to move around thanks to it’s 4 castor wheels. It’s energy-efficient and you would love how easily it can be managed and used. It’s energy-efficient and you won’t have to worry about the monthly bills.
COMFYHOME Evaporative Air Cooler is also a great option for you if you are looking for something reliable and efficient. The air cooler can also work as a humidifier and you would certainly love it if you are living in a very dry climate.It features a 1-gallon water tank and there is also an alarm to warn you when the water is low. It features 15hrs of maximum timing control function as well, so you won’t get disrupted. You can easily place it anywhere and it can cool down the rooms, kitchen, and other small areas in your home effectively. The fan has a bladeless design and the noise level is just 38 dB.It comes with 7 years of manufacturer warranty.
7. Spantron Portable Air Conditioner FanSpantron is another one of the best portable evaporative coolers that you should know about. It kind of works as a desktop fan which means it’s only ideal for one person. So if you are looking for a personal evaporative cooler this one should be your top choice. It features two fan speeds. You would also find a diffuser for essential oils and LED lights as well. You will also get a rechargeable battery. Overall, you will get this at a very cheap price, so it’s worth your money.
8. Cool Space AVALANCHE 36-VD Evaporative CoolerIf you want a powerful and large portable evaporative cooler then Cool Space should be your first choice. The airflow is 900CFM and it can cool 3600 Square feet of room. You will find 46 gallons of the water tank so you don’t have to fill it every few hours.For safety features, it has a low shut-off function if the water tank is empty. You would get a hose connection with an inline pressure regulator. Here the unit also comes with two years of warranty on parts, three years warranty on the motor, and a lifetime on the housing. So it’s a great deal to take.
9. Luma Comfort EC110S Portable Evaporative CoolerLuma Comfort has also made a place on our list and you would certainly love it for its amazing set of features and reliable performance. It’s one of the leading choices for small rooms and it weighs just 16 pounds so you can easily use it anywhere in the house. There are wheels in the bottoms that make it easy to move them around.It produces 500CFM and is ideal for 250 Square feet of rooms. With three speeds and only a 66 dB noise level, the air cooler seems like a good choice.
Evapolar Portable Evaporative Air Cooler is another leading choice in the market and you would certainly love it for its small size and excellent performance. It’s highly portable as it weighs just 2 pounds and you can easily take it with you while traveling.It features a 750ml tank and it can produce 50CFM of airflow which should be enough for one person. You will find a USB outlet for its connection which further enhances its portability. The LED display is another one of the perks that you would find.
11. Phoenix Manufacturing WH2906 Evaporative Window CoolerLast but not the least, the Phoenix evaporative cooler has also made it to our list. It features an interesting design and it can be a very good option if you want to cool down a whole room. It produces 2800 CFM. Its slim profile and attractive design are also amazing factors. The operation is quite given its size so you won’t be interrupted. It does with one year warranty on parts and 10 years on leaks or rusts.
Buying Guide for Portable Evaporative CoolersThere are a few things that you need to consider while buying the best portable evaporative coolers so that you can buy an ideal portable evaporative cooler for yourself. Take a look at the following list of things that you need to consider.
1. Water Tank CapacityOne of the leading criteria that you need to consider while buying portable evaporative coolers. You should know the water table capacity plays a big role in the operation of a cooler and it is the reason why you need to consider it. The thing is you don’t want to fill the tank every once in a while and that is why buy a cooler with an ideal water tank capacity that can meet your requirements.
2. Cooling PadsThe cooling pads are another important factor that you need to look at. There are two types of cooling pads available, cellulose and wood. So that would be a choice that you would need to make when you are buying a cooler. The cellulose cooling pads are cheap and need to be replaced frequently. The wood cooling pads, aka the honeycomb cooling pads, are a little bit more expensive than the cellulose cooling pad and they last longer than the latter as well.
3. PowerThe power of a portable evaporative cooler is measured in cubic feet per minute and it would directly affect the functioning and reliability of the cooler. The standard formula or thumb rule for how much power you would need is the 4:1 ratio of square feet space.The larger powered coolers would be able to cool down a large room and if you have a small room then go for smaller evaporative coolers.
4. Noise LevelThe noise level of the portable evaporative cooler is also an important feature to consider. Even though you are looking for the best cooler with the best features but all would go in vain if the cooler makes too much noise that you can’t hear anything else. That is why you need to check how much noise it makes. The quieter operation would be ideal.
5. Design, Shape, and SizeThese three things are pretty important as well. The thing is you would find a wide variety of coolers ranging in their size, shape, and design. Your goal is to find a perfect design and ideal size. Make sure the size of the cooler is large enough to meet your needs.
6. Cleaning and MaintenanceIf you want to increase the lifespan of your cooler then you must be looking for a cooler that can be easily maintained and cleaned. You must keep your cooler clean to make sure it is working to its full potential.
7. Price and WarrantyThe price would always be an important criterion. You don’t want to overspend and still want to buy an evaporative cooler with good enough features. Make sure you set a budget and then look at the good portable evaporative cooler within that price range. Make sure you are getting the value for your money before you buy it.The warranty is also an important feature, as you would be able to fix your cooler if there are some issues with it in a particular period, without spending extra money.That would be all for now and these are some of the criteria that you need to check before you buy.
Conclusion:Here we have come to the end of our article, the best portable evaporative coolers that you can find right now. We made sure they meet the criteria and also your requirements. Here we have done our job and it’s all up to you to find the best evaporative cooler for yourself among them.We hope you find the best one for yourself and our article could help you out. Thank you for visiting us and us how you got everything you have been looking for.