Summers are at its peak and it’s a good time to go out and chill on a beach. But this requires a lot of preparation too, that is, you need to make sure you have got everything you will need on the beach, this includes, a sunscreen, a mat or a portable chair, something to drink maybe, an umbrella and the umbrella stand! Yes, you heard it right, an umbrella stand is equally important for obvious reasons, without it your umbrella won’t be stable. And if the umbrella isn’t stable and in the right position, all you will care about is stabling it- forget the beach fun. And that’s where an outdoor umbrella stand comes in the picture. Although many umbrellas come with a stand which is made up of plastic and you will need to fill it up with water. The thing is, it’s not considered stable enough for a windy location.
Thankfully you can easily by an outdoor aka patio umbrella stand from the market. There are plenty of patios stands to choose from but these many choices also create confusion among buyers. They can get overwhelmed by the variety of patio umbrella stands. And some people just buy the first patio umbrella stand they see on Amazon or any shop without giving it much thought and end up buying the wrong product.
See there are a number of things that you will need to consider when it comes to buying the best patio umbrella stand. And if you have never brought any patio umbrella stands, you might pick the wrong one. But don’t worry we are here to help you with choosing the best patio umbrella stand. This article covers the best patio/outdoors umbrella stands as well as the buying guide which would help you to choose the best one.
So let’s not waste any more of your time and start with the list of 7 best patio umbrella stands that you will find.
- 1 Best Outdoor Umbrella Stands
- 1.1 1. California Umbrella Patio Base Stand
- 1.2 2. Tropishade Cast Iron Umbrella Stand
- 1.3 3. EliteShade Patio Umbrella Stand
- 1.4 4. US Weight Fillable Umbrella Base
- 1.5 5. Best Choice Products SKY5274 patio umbrella base stands
- 1.6 6. DC America Cast Stone Umbrella Base
- 1.7 7. AmazonBasics JC034 Patio Umbrella Stand
- 1.8 Types of Patio Umbrella stand:
- 1.9 Buying guide for the best umbrella stands:
- 1.10 Conclusion:
Best Outdoor Umbrella Stands
Our first choice for the best umbrella stand is from California Umbrella. This one is a heavy-duty steel made umbrella stand which is powder-coated. This ensures its durability and as well as a heavy-duty construction. The best part about the umbrella stand is, it won’t rust or break or crack easily making sure a long-lasting life.The umbrella is compatible with both free-standing as well as table umbrellas basically all outdoor umbrellas. It weighs about 50 pounds and features an 18×18 base with a 1.5-inch umbrella pole. For enabling extra security the stand also features a 16-inch receiver pole with a security pole as well. For the decorative purpose, it comes in a variety of colors that would go around the surrounding decor.Key features –
- Moderate weight and standard sized umbrella stand
- Features an extra receiver pole with a security knob
- Comes in a variety of colors as well
If you are looking for a cast iron type of outdoor umbrella stand then Tropishade might be your best choice. As its name suggests the stand is made up of iron and is solid enough to survive all kinds of weather conditions. The umbrella stand weighs about 30 pounds and features a 20-inch diameter.Cast iron type of stand is anyway more durable and they are also a great choice for those who don’t like the fillable stands. Overall it features a moderate weight and is compatible with most of the umbrella poles.Key Features –
- The stand is of 30 pounds and features a 20-inch diameter which is compatible with a number of umbrellas.
- Features a decorative design
- Made up of heavy-duty iron with a bronze finish
EliteShade Patio is also a leading brand that can be reliable. This one features an HDPE construction which can withstand almost all type of weather. It features a steel pipe that won’t easily rust. For providing more stability to your umbrella, it features a double lock design with an inside hole and outside knob.It is compatible with a 1.5-inch diameter or 1.9-inch diameter umbrella poles. This one can be filled with either water or sand for providing more stability and increase the weight up to 50 lbs.Key Features –
- Features a black finishing which provides a classic look
- It is highly durable and can withstand different weather conditions
- Weight can be expanded by filling up the base with water or sand
The US weight is our next choice for the best outdoor umbrella stand. And you will be happy to take it home considering it’s easy and reliable design. It’s a simple umbrella stand which is made up of plastic and can be filled with water or sand to provide more stability. When it fully filled up, it will weigh up to 50 lbs which is a nice weight for an outdoor umbrella stand.Key Features –
- Ideal to use on a patio umbrella table
- Easy to move around due to its grip handle
- Comes at an inexpensive price range
Best Choice is also a reliable umbrella stand that provides good functionality. This one is also made up of HDPE which is water-resistant and durable. This one is the best windy umbrella stand, as it can be filled with 115-pound water or 160 pounds of the stand making it extra heavier and stable.Key Features –
- It’s highly portable and can be carried from one place to another easily and also features a retractable handle
- Easy to use and durable
DC America is another decent umbrella stand that you can take home. This one is made from cast stone which makes it water and rust resistance. Even though it gives you a bulky feel, it’s surprisingly easy to move around. You won’t have to fill it up with water of sand. It features a plastic insert that supports umbrellas from 1 to 1.5 inches of diameter.Key Features –
- A stylish design with bronze finishing
- Available in two sizes
- The cast stone construction need not be filled with water or sand for stability
7. AmazonBasics JC034 Patio Umbrella StandAmazonBasics have always surprised us with their quality products and a reasonable price range. And that’s why this one made its place in our list of best patio umbrella stands. It features a sleek and attractive design. The weight can expandable when filled with water or sand. It’s quite easy to move from one place to another as it only weighs around 19 pounds when empty. It’s made up of plastic which is water-resistant.Key Features –
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Highly portable with less weight
- Long base area to support large umbrellas
- Gives value for money
Here we have done the list of best outdoor umbrella stands. Although if you are still confused about how to buy the best patio umbrella stand for yourself, this article will help you further.First, let us tell you the different types of patio umbrella stands that you need to know about.
Types of Patio Umbrella stand:
- 1. Cantilever Umbrella stand – These are also known as the offset umbrella stands. This type of umbrella stand is usually used in the sitting area. These are quite heavy and you can expect a weight of hundred pounds from them. And due to their higher weight, these are highly stable. Sand is often filled in them to make them heavier and stable.
- 2. Cast Iron Stand – Cast iron stands are popularly known for their durability and decorative design. They feature a decorative design that enhances the style of your patio umbrella. As they are made up of iron there is a higher chance of them being rust or peel easily. Some people keep a piece of plastic beneath them to prevent rusting.
- 3. Resin Umbrella Stand – Resin umbrella stands are the most durable type of stands as they won’t peel, rust, or chip easily. They provide a space to be filled with a stand to make them more stable and provide an appropriate weight. These types of umbrella stands offer a variety of colors, so those who want their patio stands to color coordinate with their umbrella would love them. Another reason they are popular because they come at a very inexpensive price.
- 4. Rolling Umbrella stands – People buy this type of umbrella stands because of their highly portable nature. As you can guess by its name they can be easily rolled and carried around. Although they come at an expensive price. But if you need to move your patio then you might consider them.
- 5. Planter Stand – They feature a hole in which you can adjust your umbrella. This type of umbrella stand is also popular for its decorative design.So these are common types of outdoor umbrella stand that you needed to know about.Now it’s time to tell you some of the features that you need to look for in an umbrella stand. These features will help you to choose the best umbrella stand.
Buying guide for the best umbrella stands:
- Size of umbrella canopy – If you are going on a hunt for the best umbrella stand for your umbrella canopy, you first need to consider the size of your canopy umbrella. Because you don’t wanna buy a wrong-sized stand that doesn’t fit the size of your umbrella. The standard size of an umbrella canopy is from 6 to 12 feet. The size of the canopy will also decide the right weight of the base or stand.
- Pole Diameter – There is no point in buying an umbrella stand if it doesn’t fit the pole. And for that, you need to make sure you are buying the correct pole diameter. Measure the pole diameter and then search for the right pole diameter stand.
- Weight – Make sure you are buying the stand that features the right weight and is compatible with the weight of the umbrella. If the umbrella is heavier or of the same weight as of the stand, then there are high chances that the umbrella stand will be tipped over. So make sure you buy the right outdoors umbrella stand featuring the right weight for extra security and stability of the umbrella.
- Location – The location where you are going to use the umbrella is very important when choosing the best patio umbrella stand for yourself. And that’s where you need to consider your location as well. If you are going to use the umbrella stand in a location that is prone to high-speed winds then you need to buy an umbrella stand which is heavier. Apart from this, you should also consider whether you are placing the umbrella stand on the top of the table or beneath the table.
- Durability – The durability of a patio umbrella stand is also an important factor that you need to consider. Even though the umbrella stands are not that expensive but still it’s not something you wanna buy again and again. So make sure you are buying the umbrella stand which is durable. This will depend on the material as well. So invest in an umbrella stand which features a rustproof material and is long-lasting.
- Price – Lastly, price is another criterion that you need to consider. As we have mentioned earlier, the stands are not that expensive, but still, you need to make sure that you are getting the value for the price.So these are some of the features that you need to consider before buying the best patio umbrella stand for yourself.
Conclusion:Here is the article for the best umbrella stands has come to an end and we hope that you have found it helpful enough. We have tried to include the best umbrella stands which meet most of the requirements and also comes at a decent price as well. Thank you for having us and keep coming for more such review articles.