Our personality is what makes us appealing and desirable rather than anything else. After attaining a certain age we all want to have a good personality rather than things to show off to people. With a good personality, you can win the hearts of people and achieve your life goals and that’s why having a good personality is one of the most important things.
The thing is we all have a good personality and we don’t need to become someone else in order to get compliments for our personality. And that’s why instead of adapting a completely different personality we should work to develop our personality!
But the question is how do we develop our personality? It’s obvious that you can’t change yourself overnight so you have to work in your personality every day. Personality development is not static instead it’s something that develops every day.
In this article, we have written some tips that might be useful in order to develop your personality.
- 1 How to develop personality
- 1.1 1. Understand what is a good personality
- 1.2 2. Write down a few good things about yourself.
- 1.3 3. Figure out the positive and negative personality traits of yours
- 1.4 4. Figure out what you want to improve about yourself
- 1.5 5. Work on your confidence
- 1.6 6. Be more friendly
- 1.7 7. Allow yourself to experience new things
- 1.8 8. Work on your negative personality traits
- 1.9 9. Be calm and patient
- 1.10 10. Work on your anger issues
- 1.11 11. Speak your mind
- 1.12 12. Don’t compare yourself from others
- 1.13 13. Love yourself
- 1.14 14. Believe in yourself
- 1.15 15. Be more helpful
How to develop personality
1. Understand what is a good personalityPersonality is something cokes from within instead of your outer appearance and that’s why a good personality doesn’t mean that you have good looks! Personality development means to improve certain traits which contribute to your overall personality and makes you a better version of yourself.So you have to believe that you can too have a good personality regardless of how you look or how rich you are. It all depends on the little things about yourself.
2. Write down a few good things about yourself.The thumb rule is you write the five things about yourself which you like the most about yourself. These can be described as your personality traits as well. You can also write a few lines about those personality traits to describe why you think that’s these personality traits belong to you.There are a few rules for writing personality traits. Here you have to write at least one positive personality trait and one negative so that you are aware of your overall personality traits. And the listed things should not have a physical feature of yours.
3. Figure out the positive and negative personality traits of yoursThis will not only tell you the positive and negative about your personality but you will also realize if you are a positive person or negative one. Our personality entirely depends on how we think about ourselves. Of you think negative then all the negative traits will come to your mind first and that might be a big problem in your overall personality development.
4. Figure out what you want to improve about yourselfIn order to develop your personality, you will have to go learn what you have to improve about yourself. This can be anything from the temper to social anxiety. The reason behind this is, no one is perfect and we all have some areas where we would like to work on. So go ahead and see what improvements you need to make in your overall personality.
5. Work on your confidenceConfidence is one of the key elements that we should have in order to develop our personality. If you feel confident about yourself then your personality will become more appealing.In order to gain confidence, you will have to focus on the positive things in your life. You should also work on your body language because that can say a lot about you and is directly related to your personality. You can also identify different ways to feel and look confident.
6. Be more friendlyFriendly people often have a good personality and that’s why you should before friendly. You should also show empathy towards others and you can only do that by imagining what it would be like to be in their shoes. The reason behind this is, you would be more understandable and people would like to talk to you more often.When you talk to others pay your full attention to them and listen carefully this way you would be able to give them respect and you will also earn their respect in return. Focus on being kind and calm even though the other person is being unnecessarily mean because it’s their problem, not yours. You should also respect others’ opinions even they differ from yours.
7. Allow yourself to experience new thingsOne of the best ways to develop your personality is to be always open to new experiences. Even though you are shy and not that adventurous, the new experiences will bring a new perspective and you will see how much fun it is. This will make you more flexible and interesting which would attract more people as well.The thing is you shouldn’t be nervous when it comes to trying new things and even if you are nervous then talk to yourself and think of the worst that can happen but also how much you will gain from that experience. You can also try out new things in a group as well as with your family members. It would be helpful to get out of your comfort zone.
8. Work on your negative personality traitsThe thing is we all have the negative personality traits even the people who are the personality you admire so much but the difference is people with great personalities conquer those negative traits and highlight their positive traits more.There are several things that you can do about your negative traits, but for that, you will have to identify those negative traits and see how you can make a difference.
9. Be calm and patientBeing calm and patient when things aren’t in your favor is one the sign of a good personality and that’s why you should try to remain calm all the time. You should try to see what’s happening around you and how you choose to react instead of being irrational all the time.Try to breathe whenever you find yourself anxious and fins things out of your control. You should also try to find what triggers your frustration and makes you anxious and think about how you can deal with it.
10. Work on your anger issuesGetting angry is natural and we all feel angry at some point in time. But being a person with a great personality means that you have to control your anger. And if you are someone with anger issues then you have to find a way to get over it and find a way to deal with it. Because no one can have a good personality with anger issues.
11. Speak your mindIf you strongly feel about something then you always speak your mind without thinking what other people might think of you. You can also take it as standing up for yourself and for others. If you see someone is doing the wrong thing or you find there is a conversation going on a particular topic then don’t afraid to speak up.This will help you overcome your shyness and make you more confident. You should also try to take a public speaking course or take lessons to build your communication skills.
12. Don’t compare yourself from othersYou have to learn how to be happy in your skin and this is the only way you can develop your personality you desire. We often start to compare ourselves with others and think that they have a better life than we do or they look perfect etc, but this won’t go any good to you and you will never be able to appreciate all the things that you have in your life. So try to show more gratitude for your life and the things you have.
13. Love yourselfBefore showing love to others you should start loving yourself first because if you don’t love yourself you can love others and no one would be able to love you either. So practice self-love more often and take care of yourself first before you do for others.And the self-love involves avoiding negative thoughts for yourself or saying that you are not good enough. Self-love is all about appreciating yourself and see the good side of yours and always try to be a better version of yourself.
14. Believe in yourselfYou should never think that you are any less and you can do a particular task because you surely can and you have to remind yourself that. You should keep in mind that every person is unique and they have their own sets of goods and not-so-good traits. Just embrace your uniqueness and try to be happier with yourself.
15. Be more helpfulLast but not least, being more helpful will definitely make you a better person and help you develop your personality. Here the thing is you should be always ready to be more helpful and try to be more appreciative of other’s work.Try to be more helpful to your closest persons and try to help a little bit to those who are unknown to you as well. You can also consider volunteering and contribute to helping more people or giving back to community!
And these are some of the tips that might be helpful for you to develop your personality. We hope that we have helped you with the out article and you now have a better understanding of personality development.
Thank you for having us and keep coming for more such articles in the future as well.