There are a lot of ways we can tackle the chilly winters and dropping temperatures. We can get radiators, install a heating system for our house, get a heater for the room, and we can also use heated blankets and clothes to keep our bodies warm. However, there is one other way that isn’t very popular and considered a luxury, a heated floor system. For a lot of people, the concept of a heated floor system is new. Well, it has been around for a while now and people are exploring it to make sure that their room is heated.
There are two types of the heated floor system, radiant and hydronic. The radiant heated floor system requires electricians to wire up your apartment’s mat in a serpentine shape and you will need multiple layers of the mat to cover the floor.
On the other hand, the hydronic heated floor system is ideal for those who have an already installed hydronic system in their houses. It will need a boiler that will heat the water on the floor, so it is ideal for those who already have a hydronic boiler. This is why the electric radiant floor heating system is preferred by customers if they don’t have an already installed hydronic system.
Overall, a heated floor system can be a game changer for those who live in areas that are prone to harsh winters and freezing temperatures. Since the demand for floor heating systems is increasing, so are the options available in the market. So it becomes quite necessary that you look up all the amazing options for heated floor systems and choose the best one. This will require you to have a great knowledge of the heated floor system and a lot of time to select the best one among hundreds of options.
This is why we are here to help you out so that you can find the best-heated floor system for your home. So here have selected some of the high-rated flooring heat systems and reviewed them so that you can choose the best one for yourself.
Best Heated Floor Systems
Heatwave is one of the most reputable brands when it comes to heating systems and services. This electric floor system from Heatwave has matched our expectations as it provides high quality and amazing features that will make the harsh winters bearable. It comes in various sizes but the 25-foot option is the best-selling and is ideal for most houses. This floor heating system is also ideal for wetter areas such as the kitchen and bathroom.The floor heating system is thin which is not that difficult to install. You can easily install it in your entire house too. It comes with a programmable thermostat which makes easier to control the heating setting. It adjusts the heat settings according to the needs and you can read the temperature of the room on the large and sleek display of the thermostat. The floor heating system comes with a limited lifetime warranty which makes it perfect for your buck.
HeatTech is also a leading brand that makes some of the best heating systems that too in a budget-friendly price range. This electric radiant floor heating system is no exception as it is one of the best budget-friendly options in the market right now.This heated floor system is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use as well as can be used in the kitchen area of the house. It is slightly less powerful than the Heatwave one that we reviewed earlier but that is fairly compensated with the price it comes at.The floor heating system comes with a pretty good thermostat from a great brand that helps you set the ideal temperature. The floor-sensing thermostat is programmable and you can easily customize it to meet your needs. The interface is quite intuitive and easy to understand the controls. You will get a 25 years warranty with those systems if you get them installed by a certified technician from the company.
Next on our list is a premium heated floor system which you would want to install if you don’t have a limited budget. This is quite a powerful heated floor system with 473 watts of power. This heated floor system will be ideal for any type of floor type. Its 32 square feet model is the most popular choice as it is ideal for various houses.It comes with a touchscreen smart thermostat that can track the voltage across the entire floor and operates with dual voltage. There are four separate temperature settings along with this you can also customize its performance to make it more suitable for your house. It comes with a circuit check feature that will let you know if the floor heating system is installed correctly or if there is any issue with installation. You will get a free installation and a warranty of 25 years which makes it worth the price it is asking for.
SunTouch is another well-known brand that manufactures pretty good heating floor systems. This one is quite powerful and will certainly make sure you don’t have to suffer when it’s freezing outside. This premium floor heating system is ideal for any floor type or tiles and you can use it both indoors and outdoors. It is also perfect for areas that are prone to witness such as the kitchen.The smart thermostat makes sure you can set the ideal temperature according to your needs. The thermostat can automatically turn on and off which will prevent overheating. It is also power efficient and features intuitive controls. You will get 25 years of warranty with this.
If you are looking for a pre-made heated floor mat then these from Nuheat are pretty great. These are suitable for most floor types and tiles as well as easy to install which makes them ideal for most people. Its thin and low profile installation won’t raise the height of the floor. You will have to wait for 45 minutes as it will reach its maximum temperature. It also gives 25 years of warranty if you get it installed by the company’s professional electrician.
We now have the hydronic type floor heating system and this one is from Happybuy. If you already have a hydronic system installed in your home then this O2 Barrier PEX Tubing is perfect for you. It also comes with an EVOH PEX Barrier pipe, which maintains the oxygen levels so that all components will work properly.It is also an ideal choice if you want to attach it to a radiator as well as a baseboard heating system. It can also be used with a snow-melting system. The whole system features protection against temperature damage and it is extremely so it is going to last longer.
Next on our list is the Seal Radiant floor which is a budget-friendly heating system for floors.This one is best suited for small rooms or apartments and is also easy to install. The heating mat has high-quality components which makes it durable and sturdy. It is also ideal for various types of floors and tiles. The mat is a sleek adhesive so you don’t have to make much effort. It is resistant to electromagnetic fields so it is quite safe too.
This floor-heated system also makes a budget-friendly option and it is powerful enough to warm your house when it’s freezing outside. This model covers 20 square feet that will be perfect for small or medium-sized rooms or floors. The thin profile of mats won’t raise the floor height.It also comes with a decent thermostat which is easy to use and ideal for adjusting the temperature according to your needs. You will get 25 years of warranty too.
This heated floor system from Heatizon is one of the most powerful options in the market right now. It is best suitable for large houses and also for those looking for a premium option. Customers have found it quite easy to install. The thermostat is highly programmable and customizable so you can easily adjust the ideal temperature for your house. The thermostat can also accurately measure and track the temperature of the house and automatically sets the comfortable temperature. The thermostat uses dual voltage to operate.The thermostat will let you know if you have made an error while installing the heated system. It features high-end quality components that make it highly durable. You will get a limited lifetime warranty on this heated floor system. It may be expensive but given the quality, features, and power, you might want to invest in this one.
Things to Consider While Buying Heated Floor Systems:The heated floor systems don’t come cheap which is why you need to be extra careful while installing one in your house. The best-heated floor system will be the one that can meet your requirements and would be ideal for your house.If you are buying the heated floor system for the first time then you should know what to look for while buying, so you can make the right choice. Here are some of the factors you need to consider while buying a heated floor system;
- 1. Room Size – The first thing you need to consider while buying a heated floor system would be the room size. You don’t want to buy a heated floor system that will be too large or too small for the room you are going to install it in. You need to make sure the heated floor system can cover the entire room floor so that it can heat the room. If you have an odd-shaped room then you will need to customize the heating floor system. Measure the size of the room or the area where you are going to install it.
- 2. Heat Controllers – You are required to set different temperatures on the heating system so that you can get a comfortable temperature. This is where you need to make sure you get heat controllers with the heating system with multiple heat settings. Most heat systems come with a thermostat while others would require you to buy a thermostat separately. You should also see if the heated floor system can automatically turn off if it has reached its maximum temperature or not.
- 3. Maintenance – The heated floor system requires a lot of maintenance so you will need to be sure if you will be able to maintain the heated floor system or if it will be too much for you. So make sure that you are up for the maintenance of the heated floor system so that it can continue to function properly. You may also need to call a technician to make sure everything is working properly from time to time.
- 4. Warranty and Customer Services – As we have said, the heated floor system requires a lot of maintenance and if anything goes wrong then it can cost a lot of money to fix it. This is why you should make sure that it comes with a warranty that can cover the cost of a technician if you need to call them. The customer services offered by the manufacturers also play a big role so make sure you don’t ignore that while choosing your heated floor system.
- 5. Budget – Budget is an important factor that you have to consider while choosing a good heated floor system. The floor heating system comes at a wide range of prices and it depends on a lot of factors such as the area of your room or house when you will be installing it. It is charged by area per square meter and you may also need to additionally install a few accessories like a protection system, smart system, or a simple alarm. So consider the cost of all the things before you pick the heated floor system for your house so you don’t spend more than your budget allows you to.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best-heated floor systems you can find in the market. These heated floor systems come with the best features and are of high quality which is why most people are taking them home.That would be all for now and we hope you found the best-heated floor system for your house from our list.