No one wants to face a dead battery when they are driving their car, either going for a trip or some urgent meeting. It’s important that you have the means to charge your car back again and go on your journey. But some people find it difficult to keep a car battery with themselves because of their weight and size. Well, this is not how today’s we use a portable car battery charger that can save us from a great deal of trouble and help us to charge our car so that we can move on.
Thanks to the growing popularity of portable car battery chargers, we can now easily travel without any fear of dead car batteries whenever we are going on a long drive or hitting the highway. There are so many brands that are making the best portable car battery charger, so we will have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a good portable car battery charger. But this can cause a little trouble as we have to look for the best portable car battery charger as we would want to get the best value for our money and also a reliable car battery charger too. This is why a lot of people seek our help when it comes to finding the best portable car battery charger.
In this article, we are going to list out the top portable car battery chargers for you so you can choose the best one for yourself. This amazing list of portable car battery chargers would help you to choose the best one according to your requirements and budget.
So go ahead and take a look at the following list of best portable car battery chargers and see which one you like to buy.
- 1 Best Portable Car Battery Chargers
- 1.1 1. NOCO GENIUS1
- 1.2 2. Potek 6V/12V 4A Car Battery Charger
- 1.3 3. AmazonBasics Battery Charger 12 Volt 2A
- 1.4 4. SUNER POWER 12V Solar Car Battery Charger
- 1.5 5. SUHU Car Battery Charger
- 1.6 6. NOCO Boost Plus GB40
- 1.7 7. Bosch C3 Car Battery Charger
- 1.8 8. DigiTronix b3a 3 Amp 12 Volt
- 1.9 9. DBPOWER 800A 1800mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
- 1.10 10. Topvision 2200A
- 1.11 11. NOCO GENIUS5
- 1.12 12. Schumacher SC1281
- 1.13 13. STANLEY J5C09
- 1.14 14. BEATIT G18
- 1.15 15. GOOLOO 800A
- 1.16 Things to Consider While Buying Portable Car Battery Charger:
- 1.17 Conclusion
Best Portable Car Battery Chargers
1. NOCO GENIUS1NOCO GENIUS 1 is our first choice for the best portable car battery charger that you can find. This one has received a lot of amazing reviews and high ratings as well. So you won’t go wrong with this one. The battery has been appreciated for its smaller size and amazing functionality. It’s fully automatic and works with a number of vehicles such as cars, motorcycles, and lawnmowers.This can charge 6 volts and 12 volts of Lead-acid batteries, marine applications, and deep cycle batteries. It features internal thermal sensors to detect ambient temperatures, which means it would charge your car battery efficiently in cold or hot temperatures without overcharging or undercharging. You will be able to charge the battery that is completely dead, so you don’t have to worry about anything.Overall, this is one of the best portable car battery chargers and you can also use it with other vehicles and devices. It’s fully automatic and you will have to just flip the switch and your battery will be charged within a few hours. It also comes with an advanced battery maintainer.
Potek is a leading brand when it comes to car battery chargers so you will be happy to get the best quality and performance when you are buying a car battery charger from this brand. This one features great performance as it can charge both 6V and 12V car batteries with 4 Amp power. It features the reversed polarity protection and makes sure that you securely charge your battery and don’t overcharge it.It can charge batteries from 2 to 120 Ah and it also maintains all battery sites. It also features 11 stages to recharge the battery. It also features the LCD Screen so you can see the details and monitor the battery and charger. It is also a versatile portable battery charger as you can charge the batteries of small trucks, lawnmowers, motorcycles, boats, and more, along with the car batteries. Although it is not waterproof it would work just fine if you take care of it.Overall, this is one of the best portable car battery chargers that you can come across and you would certainly like it as well. So check it out and you might wish to buy it right away.
AmazonBasics has been making some of the best products lately, and they are mostly known for their amazing quality and budget-friendly prices. The portable car battery charger from this brand is no exception and you will find it economical and reliable, which is why it is one of the top-rated portable car battery chargers on Amazon. Not only cars, but they can charge any vehicle with either a 6 volt or 12-volt battery. Although it’s an electric portable car battery charger that needs to be plugged in a power outlet to charge your battery, so you might not be able to charge your car battery in the middle of the road. Although its size is compact and it’s not too heavy so you may be able to carry it in your car trunk easily.It’s easy to operate and is safe for your car battery too. It will steadily charge your battery without taking too long. It won’t overcharge the batteries so you would be good to go. The case is made up of durable and spark-proof plastic so you don’t have to worry about anything. For this price, this is definitely one of the best portable car battery chargers that you can get.
SUNER POWER is also a leading portable car battery charger that you can invest in. The best part is that it is a solar-powered portable car battery charger which means you can use it anywhere without any power supply or battery. All you need is sun and solar energy and it would be good to go. It is a simple, effective, and free portable car battery charger that you would most certainly like. It will charge the cars with 12-volt batteries and the charger output is 0.5 Amp.There is a built-in diode that prevents the reverse battery discharging of its connected incorrectly. You can connect it via the cigarette lighter socket on your vehicle or connect and it also includes clamps.Overall, if you are looking for a solar-powered portable car battery charger then this one should be your first choice. It is budget-friendly and also cost-efficient, so you would be good to go.
SUHU is another one of the best portable car battery chargers that you will find on Amazon and this one will certainly impress you. It’s pretty easy to use and also has a high-performance car battery. This one can charge 12 volts and 24-volt Lead-acid batteries. It can also charge deep cycle and marine batteries. The charger features automatic sulfating and acid stratification and also has a pulse repair function to repair a battery. The only drawback of this portable car battery charger is that it can’t revive a completely dead battery.It is secure and stops the function when the battery is 100% charged. This car battery charger is also very durable and portable so you would certainly like to invest in this one. You will be happy to know that it has got some positive reviews and high ratings as well.
We have another leading portable car battery charger from NOCO, and if you want the best quality and performance then you can always rely on this brand. Customers have liked it because of its compact size and lightweight design along with the heavy-duty clamps.This car battery charger can hold the charge for a long time and it would take about 9 hours to recharge the battery. It can also act as a jump starter as it can revive the dead battery. It is made up of mistake-proof and spark-proof design so you would be good to go. There is a flashlight also included so might like that as well.
Bosch is another one of the best brands that produce excellent car battery chargers and this is why their portable car battery charger has made a place in our list. This one is fully automatic, features reverse polarity protection, has no risk of overcharge, and comes with spark protection.It can charge any vehicle battery, both 6V and 12V. The charging time is up to 10 hours so that’s efficient. The shockproof cable enhances security. It’s user-friendly and features an ergonomic design.
DigiTronix b3a Amp 12 volt is also a top-rated portable car battery charger that you need to know about. This one is compatible with the 12-volt batteries of various vehicles such as bikes, tractors, small cars up to 40ah which supports 3 amps charging.The average charging time is up to 8 hours. It uses SMPS-based technology, CCCVcharging technique, reverse polarity protection, and also an LED screen so you can monitor the charging process. Lastly, you will get a warranty period of 2 years as well.
This one has also impressed the customers with its excellent performance and got high ratings and lots of positive reviews. This one can jump-start a dead car battery as well as charge it effectively. This one is also very safe to use as it features spark protection and also the case is durable and secure. Your battery will be protected from overcharging as well. There is an LCD screen added so that you can monitor it while it’s charging your car battery. There is an LED flashlight and SOS light included.
10. Topvision 2200ATopivision has also impressed and become one of the top portable car battery chargers to invest in. It is compatible with 12V batteries and it can jump-start your car within a seconds. The battery features a powerful peak current and features enhanced current safety as well. The USB ports include 1 USB 3.0. There are LED lights with 3 modes also included. The compact design and high-quality clamps are also a plus point.
11. NOCO GENIUS5We have reviewed the GENIUS1 model from the NOCO and now we are also reviewing the GENIUS5 model from the brand. It’s fully automatic and compatible with several vehicles. This one is capable of charging dead batteries and also features a compact and lightweight design so you can easily carry it. This portable car battery charger is compatible with 6 volts and 12-volt batteries.
This portable car battery charger can charge both the 6 volt and 12-volt batteries. It can revive the dead battery or charge it when it is low charged. There are LED displays, pushbuttons, and indicators are also included so you are going to love this portable car battery charger.
13. STANLEY J5C09STANLEY is another one of the biggest brands that you will find reliable and trustworthy so it’s only natural to expect its portable car battery charger on our list. This one is a powerful and heavy-duty car battery charger and can also revive a dead battery. The reverse polarity alarm is included and it also features the LED light.
14. BEATIT G18With fast charging and convenient operation, this one can also be a great choice for you if you are looking for the best portable car battery charger.Here, this one is also a budget-friendly portable car battery charger so if you are on a budget, you should check it out.
15. GOOLOO 800ALast but not least, GOOLOO has also made it to our list of best budget portable car battery chargers and you would certainly like it as well. It is compact and lightweight which makes it easier to carry, it ensures fast charging and you won’t have to compromise with the quality either. It also has advanced protection mechanisms and built-in flashlights as well.
Things to Consider While Buying Portable Car Battery Charger:There are a few things that you need to look after while buying the best portable car battery charger for yourself so that you can make the right choice and get the best value for money too. This can be a little difficult to know if you are buying the portable car battery charger for the first time. So here are some of the features that we think you need to know before you go on a hunt for the best portable car battery charger.
1. PortabilityOne of the first things that you need to look at in the portable car battery charger would be its portability. Since you are buying a portable car battery charger you don’t need it to be too heavy or too big that it causes you discomfort while you use it. It should be small and lightweight so you can easily use the portable car battery charger, anywhere and anytime without any difficulty.It would be ideal if you can also find a carrying handle so that you can easily lift it and carry it without any issues. Overall, you might like the smaller size as it would be easy to store in your car.Apart from this, they should be able to store electricity to make it portable otherwise you can’t use it if you need to plug it in a power outlet.
2. Electric or Solar PoweredYou need to know which you would want to invest in, an electric car battery charger or a solar-powered one. Both of these have their own advantages so you can choose one that suits you the most.Solar power would be charged with the power of the sun and you can use it anytime and anywhere. Although, it might work if there is no adequate sunlight.On the other hand, the electric-powered car battery charger is also a great option, if they run on the stored power rather than needing to be plugged in the power outlet. You can also use them anywhere and anytime without any difficulty, so you might as well invest in this one.
3. Automatic or ManualAnother choice that you might have to make is whether you want an automatic or manual type portable car battery. The manual ones are less expensive and you will need to watch out to prevent your car batteries from overcharging. So most people just close the battery charging when the battery is close to full charge.The automatic one would be much easier to operate as you don’t need to worry about overcharging or damaging the batteries. Although with a portable car battery charger you may get the automatic ones that are battery operated.
4. Voltage and AmperageVoltage and Amperage are another one of the things that you will have to consider while buying the best portable car battery charger.The voltage of the car battery charger is measured as volts (V) and it is considered as the pressure or current that pushes charged electrons through a conducting loop. So these electrons must be received and this is why you need to know if the car battery charger is compatible with the battery of your car. So look closely at the voltage of the car battery charger.On the other hand, the Amperage of electronic gadgets shows how much energy it can disperse over an hour-long period. So, this will tell you how long it will take the battery charger to charge the battery. The average Amp should be in better 2 and 15. However, for a solar-powered portable car battery, you will find 0.25 amps.
5. Charge TimeYou should consider how long it would take the car battery charger to charge the battery, after all, you can’t be stuck for a long time while waiting for the battery to charge. It depends on a lot of factors such as the source of the power of the charger, the power output of the charger, and where the battery is being used as well. So keep in mind how much time it will take while charging your battery so you have an idea in mind before you buy it.
6. WeatherproofAnother one of the things that you need to consider would be the weatherproofing of the portable car battery charger. This is because you can never know when you will need to charge your car battery, it can be in the garage or in the middle of the road while it’s raining, snowing, or even in the scorching heat.So you should be able to use the portable car battery in any given situation which means you will have to look for a portable car battery that is waterproof or weatherproof. They should also be dust and heat-resistant. Some of them come in a safe box to protect them from the harsh weather.
7. Additional FeaturesThere are some of the other features that you might want to consider and these are:
- Built-in radios- so you can enjoy a little music while you are charging your car
- LCD Screen- so you will get the details of the battery and won’t have to rely on lots of small lights which can be very confusing
- Additional charging ports- additional charging ports are also something that you would want to consider so that you can also charge other devices such as your phone charger.
ConclusionSo these are some of the best portable car battery chargers that you can buy. We have selected the top-rated car battery charger that has also got great reviews and comes in an affordable price range, so you will certainly find something that fits your requirements as well as your budget.That would be all for now and we hope that you found the best portable car battery charger from our aforementioned list, so go ahead and buy your favorite one and make sure you never have to be stuck in the middle of nowhere just because your car battery died.